Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) (50232 Views)

Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. / PHOTOS: See What They Did To An Ambrose Ali University Graduate / Babcock Student Loses Family Members In Car Accident On Graduation Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by richybanky(m): 5:21pm On Nov 24, 2014
duni04:

I finished recently. After finals everyone danced round d hostels and got drenched in pure water and toilet water. Dunno what you're trying to form here undecided
Abeg tell dem, OAU bin doing dis stuff since my part1 (2008), u dance round d hall of residence after u finished writing ur last paper and Awo guys ar always ready to pour anything pourable on u grin
Don't knw wat dey ar forming for by saying OAU no dey do dat kind stuff.. OAU wey full of AROISM cheesy
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by wellmax(m): 6:13pm On Nov 24, 2014
richybanky:

Maybe u didn't danc to Awo (Awo precisely) and Faj halls wen blaring ur music

But nobody poured dirty water on anyone.
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by richybanky(m): 6:18pm On Nov 24, 2014
wellmax:

But nobody poured dirty water on anyone.
Maybe ur set was very lucky or Awo guys ar writing exam wen u guys already dancing.. Wat year did u grad?
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by teadrake(m): 6:18pm On Nov 24, 2014
lanicky:
He looks like a mad man lipsrsealed....choi! If dis is ao graduates suffer in Nigeria...I'll av to stay permanently in FRANCE..tongue
make i quit my B.sc. Come join una for paris be dat
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by Anaskie(m): 6:38pm On Nov 24, 2014
Haba, its a normal thing in most federal and state unis.

When I graduated, I simply laid face down on d ground and closed my eyes while they pelted me with all sorts.
Only God knows what those crazy people poured on me.

Later that evening, we all sat down over some bottles and recounted the events of the afternoon. grin

Op, its simply the joy of being a fresh graduate, before the harsh reality of being a jobless youth sets in. cry
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by fireforfire: 6:56pm On Nov 24, 2014
Maybe hes d first graduate frm his town.

So he wants to kee himsef wit joy
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by showbiz4all27(m): 7:26pm On Nov 24, 2014
masonkz:
Seems dirty looking at those pics, but that's the norm in federal schools.

yes! mostly in federal schools.
I enjoyed mine in 2011 and can't forget the fun though na only water with wine we dey pour o.

1 Like

Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by comrChris(m): 7:36pm On Nov 24, 2014
These France people are gradudually taken over nairaland chai derisgodoo
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by comrChris(m): 7:36pm On Nov 24, 2014
These France people are gradudually taking over nairaland chai derisgodoo
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by masqot(m): 8:04pm On Nov 24, 2014
Is that your definition of humiliation? Did that guy complained that he was humiliated? Well, for your information, he was catching fun and he would keep that memory for life.
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by kelvinklein219(m): 8:30pm On Nov 24, 2014
op no talk ooo...am preparing for that too cos that day is gonna be the death of me,meanwhile amma have to go ahead to like everybody's post above me
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by kasim155: 8:31pm On Nov 24, 2014
In Uniben, we c it as a way of celebration, it is a normal thing here, we don't c it as humiliation, we c it as a thing of Joy n hapiness, we did to some student who graduate dis year in my hostel off campus and those who are in d skul hostel also do d same. We also do it in some one's Birthday too.
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by lanicky(f): 8:42pm On Nov 24, 2014
teadrake:
make i quit my B.sc. Come join una for paris be dat

Lol
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by amofum(m): 10:12pm On Nov 24, 2014
For pete sake @ op, this is a normal ritual in most fed universities in 9ja, here in SA its similar also you go drinking or partying with classmates even at dis post graduate level so, let's put it down as a culture. its morality is subjective, I enjoyed the after feeling of being a graduate in october 2012, I even had oil, eggs and paint to wash off my braided hair in Ekosodin. The morning after I woke up at 3am and burnt all photocopied materials, t'was fun.

CHEERS TO THAT SHORT TIME OF FREEDOM FROM LECTURERS
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by mryusuffga(m): 10:28pm On Nov 24, 2014
AS YOU LAY YOUR IS HOW YOU LIE ON IT.ITS DEPEND ON THE GRADUATE
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by charminbenn: 12:27am On Nov 25, 2014
Story 4 d gods

1 Like

Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by Pvin: 2:42am On Nov 25, 2014
christejames:
Quite embarrassing! I can't do this if/when I graduate. They can't even try it in my school. Soo childish!!!

you must be schooling in one of the advanced glorified secondary school (private uni) in the country.
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by Chijosky(m): 6:22am On Nov 25, 2014
I hear say the water is to cool his/her brain, but I dunno weda its d dirty or the clean one
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by Pennyways: 7:00am On Nov 25, 2014
hertz9te:
After he has scaled through the strikes,ran away from being killed by cultists,begged for money to buy handouts,......... And he survived, and u are here not celebrating with him....op abeg that guy has a the testimony.
yeah, it worth celebration, but not this rubbish I just set my eyes on now

1 Like

Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by Drabrah(m): 7:22am On Nov 25, 2014
Welder:
What is humiliating about an event/act that you support?

I bet OP is in France. You cant assess some other person with your standard since your value system aint same thing.
I dis concur. Maybe Iraq or Kuvukiland
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by Drabrah(m): 7:29am On Nov 25, 2014
christejames:
Quite embarrassing! I can't do this if/when I graduate. [b]They can't even try it in my school. [/b]Soo childish!!!
wc sch abeg? Cos it's a nom in all standard tertiary institutions dat I know (well, except maybe d privt8 'glorified sec schs')
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by Kingslaw(m): 9:11am On Nov 25, 2014
bestestgirl:
OP did you school in Nigeria?

He schooled in France.
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by timothy2396(m): 9:36am On Nov 25, 2014
We don't do that in Houdegbe
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by bengoodcreature: 12:24pm On Nov 25, 2014
wow school tins!!!
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by SeanBeezy(m): 12:51pm On Nov 25, 2014
lanicky:
He looks like a mad man lipsrsealed....choi! If dis is ao graduates suffer in Nigeria...I'll av to stay permanently in FRANCE..tongue
Quelle partie de la France restez-vous?
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by eliteweb(m): 2:24pm On Nov 25, 2014
This re one of d tins dat makes NAIJA a happy PLACE....

Always enjoyable.
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by henrylove1994: 6:50pm On Nov 25, 2014
This is a tradition in the university, his own is even better we do more than this in my school... Do u think it is easy? After passing through Night class, carry over, eating concontion, drinking garri etc... Abeg, make d guy flex e no easy oooooo
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by icekidgodfrey(m): 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2014
That culture happened to be originally invented by the kegites club, they poured palm wine on their graduating members. It has gone viral today. Be careful tho, acid cases has been recorded.
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by DonCmos: 10:13pm On Nov 25, 2014
EPK thingzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by bukky5: 10:25am On Nov 26, 2014
Shu! No be today na, e don tey jarey!
Re: Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) by Nelrulez(m): 5:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
Is your school in Iraq?
christejames:
Quite embarrassing! I can't do this if/when I graduate. They can't even try it in my school. Soo childish!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

OAU Students Boo Jonathan / Kogi State University Admission List Out ! / One Of The Things That Wasted Our Time In Secondary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.