Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Nigerian Embassy Germany Says For Passport Change Of Data, Go To Abuja! WHAT? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Embassy Germany Says For Passport Change Of Data, Go To Abuja! WHAT? (1453 Views)

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Embassy Germany Says For Passport Change Of Data, Go To Abuja! WHAT? by adora4u1: 2:32pm On Nov 24, 2014
I reside in Germany and I got married a couple of years back. I decided to wait until my passport expires before getting a new one in my husband's name. So I went to the Embassy's homepage and was shocked to read "All passport applicants desiring a change of data are hereby required to direct all such applications to the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), Abuja Nigeria. The Embassy does not undertake any change of data on E-Passports"! WHAT?!!!!!!

I thought embassies were supposed to cater for the consular needs of their nationals in a foreign land! If I have to go to Abuja for a change in data, what's the essence of an embassy then?

Please, whoever is in charge should look into this matter!
Re: Nigerian Embassy Germany Says For Passport Change Of Data, Go To Abuja! WHAT? by bigtt76(f): 3:16pm On Nov 24, 2014
The NIS office Abuja is where your data can be changed. The embassies or High Commissions can only print new booklets or reissue based on data spooled from Abuja Hqrt. Kpeleeee

adora4u1:
I reside in Germany and I got married a couple of years back. I decided to wait until my passport expires before getting a new one in my husband's name. So I went to the Embassy's homepage and was shocked to read "All passport applicants desiring a change of data are hereby required to direct all such applications to the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), Abuja Nigeria. The Embassy does not undertake any change of data on E-Passports"! WHAT?!!!!!!

I thought embassies were supposed to cater for the consular needs of their nationals in a foreign land! If I have to go to Abuja for a change in data, what's the essence of an embassy then?

Please, whoever is in charge should look into this matter!
Re: Nigerian Embassy Germany Says For Passport Change Of Data, Go To Abuja! WHAT? by adora4u1: 5:08pm On Nov 24, 2014
bigtt76:
The NIS office Abuja is where your data can be changed. The embassies or High Commissions can only print new booklets or reissue based on data spooled from Abuja Hqrt. Kpeleeee

Seriously?! That just shows how inept the Nigeria system is! Nigeria, we hail thee!
Re: Nigerian Embassy Germany Says For Passport Change Of Data, Go To Abuja! WHAT? by bigtt76(f): 5:24pm On Nov 24, 2014
Na today you discover? grin

adora4u1:

Seriously?! That just shows how inept the Nigeria system is! Nigeria, we hail thee!
Re: Nigerian Embassy Germany Says For Passport Change Of Data, Go To Abuja! WHAT? by tociano009(m): 10:39am On Nov 26, 2014
Where are you in German, I am in Stuttgart

(1) (Reply)

Grenada Embassy / New Zealand Vs Canada / Flight Ticket To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.