Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com (1880 Views)

Website Review / www.9jatech.com - Website Review, Your Comments Will Be Appreciated / Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by pfowighz(m): 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2006
http://www.feladurotoye.org

Can anybody make ANYTHING like this shocked shocked

JUST amazing.
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by pfowighz(m): 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2006
Yeah,its feladurotoye.org; embarassed

and it most definitely IS Amazing; answer ma question; CAn YOU make anything LIKE that? Or do you know anyone that can? angry

Any relplies against this site must produce ANY site BETTER than this. angry
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by pfowighz(m): 4:36pm On Aug 09, 2006
Always, Son; ALways!

No offence meant on your ability; just a question, you know. wink

And I didnt ignore your posts; thing is; the first review I saw, was sooo slow, and soooo wacked; and , So, I, like, Gave Up! Nigeria is too diluted with Mediocres, making the Bosses/Pros very disadvantaged; difficult to spot and appreciate. angry

Now, let me go and check out those links (and you'd better dont D/point me!!!) grin
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by timmy(m): 6:23pm On Aug 10, 2006
can someone pls explain this sh!!tt

Error establishing a database connection
This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host's database server is down.

Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
Are you sure that the database server is running?
If you're unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

and i wonder, since when did a wordpress designed site become a so awesome thingy that no other parson can doo, durgh!! tongue
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by smartsoft(m): 10:39am On Aug 11, 2006
i didn't see anything so special on that site,
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by pfowighz(m): 11:08am On Aug 11, 2006
Its like pips be getting me wrong here; the point was that the site IS Awesome; not that nobody CAN do smthg LIKE it.
The site IS Amazing! And I said that.

The QUESTION then became who can do anything like that; not the statement, NOBODY can do smthg like that.

@ timmy; Are u sure ure posting on the right thread Kinda sounds like giberish to me; what u're sayin undecided

@ smartsoft; Did you actually ENTER the site? You know there's a welcome page, gallery, and stuff.

Now in ma assesment of Websites I dont just look for uncurt sophistication, I look for sense and simplicity intricately interweaved with complexity; that combo is unbeatable! Thats why if you look at ma wallpapers, <<check Technology//Computers>>

Feladurotoye.org is FAST and also sophos. Unlike those son gave me; they Very sophos; but too slow loading and hence very impractical. This is very common with sites that use flash, so when i stumbled on this site; fast and sophos, cool
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by smartsoft(m): 12:22pm On Aug 11, 2006
the so called site ain't entering either can you gv me a link to access and i tell you my verdict huh ? http://feladurotoye.org/blahblah.htm just gv me the link to the page
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by pfowighz(m): 12:38pm On Aug 11, 2006
Na wah oh!
What browser do you use, ANYWAY!? Everybody else seems to have seen the site, Instantly, undecided

OK, try this:

http://www.feladurotoye.org/fload.html

Only thing is, you might miss the welcome screen. U know, kinda might influence your "verdict" HA!

Hope ur browser supports flash, et al, undecided And it aint a "so called site", at least everybody else doesnt "call" it that!

OK, cool
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by naomijt(f): 1:05pm On Aug 11, 2006
The site : feladurotoye.org is taking ages to load. I could only see a blank page after how many minutes. As a result i can't pass any judgement.

You can as well check out this site:

http://www.domainstandard.net
http://domainstandard.net/portfolio.php
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by pfowighz(m): 1:11pm On Aug 11, 2006
people soooo lack initiative, anyways, thats part of what the site is meant ofr tongue

Its not slow at all; that page is done loading. Theres a TINY link that says enter; CHECK IT! That black screen is an intro screen; u've gotta enter it via,

OK this is the second layer: I gave it to Smartsoft too:

Now you can pass ur "judgement" Hahaha! <man, today's gotta be judgement day!>
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by timmy(m): 1:35pm On Aug 11, 2006
whats so fly about the site, one its a flash site (or lots of flash contents) and its got a plain black BG, whats uptight about it,

there one tommy guy on this forum that would surly break the spine of feladurotoye.org,
in short the site sucks, i would have passed, but seeing your comments on the site makes me want to 'piuck' tongue,

whats so fly about a black bg site, with no unusual layout, concept, content, aesthetics and what have you. {hiss}
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by naomijt(f): 1:54pm On Aug 11, 2006
This is my second response here and none of the links you gave have loaded. Of what use is this "awesome" site if we cannot even see what its all about?

One of the first rules of web site design is to ensure that your pages load fast - and on as many browsers as possible. I have tried at least both Opera and mozilla in the last few minutes.
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by naomijt(f): 2:09pm On Aug 11, 2006
Still waiting for it to load, and this is my 3rd post. All I see is the black background - for now. Anyway, since I can't see the site, I ran a SiteScore on it and came up with interesting results. Go to http://www.silktide.com/tools/sitescore and type in www.feladurotoye.org

Its amazing how inferior products get touted in public.
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by pfowighz(m): 2:18pm On Aug 11, 2006
Are y'all Crazy or smthg <not hating, but, >

I use Mozilla and ive tried it on IE, it works PERFECTLY well!!! VERY fast; even faster than Google!
Its awesome. Can you make anything like this? Yes? No? SIMPLE!

This was meant to be a forum for constructive critiques and exchange of ideas; not for, <lets not let that tiger of a word out>

Now, im going to say this for the last time, in fact let me just taek screenshots since, Here:

Theres other stuff too; if t'all can't appreciate these and stop hating , then i'm afraid ,

<just saw ur latest post, ASIDE: O'l Boy, this girl won kill me oh! I been think say na post we dey post, KAI! >

Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by timmy(m): 2:28pm On Aug 11, 2006
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by pfowighz(m): 2:54pm On Aug 11, 2006
HahahaHa!!!

Ure right Timmy grin

When I ran it, it just proved it to me beyond all doubt. <by the way, have u checked Nairaland's rating?>
I mean, for a site that just got launched, like days ago! No votes, etc. Even N/L that has been around for a while has gotten only 9 votes. Also, this is a homepage, we're talkin about. N/L obviously has many links and stuff, cuz the Admin guy (seun) has got commercial intents! SIMPLE!

This site has no google adwords, adverts, etc. , just for YOU to enjoy! cheesy Thats where Naomi's got it ALL wrong; It aint no PRODUCT!!! tongue cool

So, go ahead and enjoy it! But I noticed smthg; Nigerian websites aint designed with disables in mind, seemingly; I ran the test on a couple of sites including N/L, all were VERY POOR on that regard. Funny. Its a nice thing Naomi's introduced me to this site.

And, Dont u just LOOOVE ma user Interface? <u cud go to https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-20126.0.html for more!!!>

ENJOY! cool
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by mutiu78(m): 3:11pm On Aug 11, 2006
its taking 20 years to open, a website to open on any browser.
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by Bigjay(m): 6:23pm On Aug 11, 2006
yeah yeah, big deal undecided
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by naomijt(f): 10:26pm On Aug 11, 2006
@pfowighz: Now that we have had a glimpse of this site (thanks to your screenshot), I still do not see what you find sooo spectacular about the site. Kindly give us your analysis of what makes this site so awesome. Or else, keep quiet and let us be.

NB: You seem to be the only one who has been able to access the site till this moment. Its still loading here.

As for your rant about Nairaland's sitescore, there's not much you can do about a forum, since different people post, often with incorrect HTML tags and all that. Obviously, you know little about these things. And its not just about the votes. The votes account for only one aspect of the results, if you would care to look again. God!
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by naomijt(f): 10:35pm On Aug 11, 2006
ho! ho! It's loading finally. I keep seeing a mouse pointer running up and down. Could you please tell me what this is for.

To answer your question, the answer is NO. I really don't think a professional web designer will want to design a website that is taking ages to load.
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by Remmzy(m): 1:24am On Aug 12, 2006
[b]you guys are really diging it on webmaster.[/b]carry on pls!
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by smartsoft(m): 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2006
hey you pfo you are a pain in my ass, why the word CRAZY, you site sucks jo how many nigerians want to wait for a site to take ages to load huh ? instead of ya to ask why is this so slow, you are there busy yarning brush.

I wish i could see you now and flog you 12strokes of cain dude.
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by Remmzy(m): 1:44pm On Aug 12, 2006
@pf
Smartsoft
hey you pfo you are a pain in my ass, why the word CRAZY, you site sucks jo how many nigerians want to wait for a site to take ages to load huh ? instead of ya to ask why is this so slow, you are there busy yarning brush.

I wish i could see you now and flog you 12strokes of cain dude.
men my prescription give your site a boost to avoid smartsoft's wrath, o.k!
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by pfowighz(m): 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2006
OK, now its konfirmed that there's a lot of stuff NOT clear here. First, as someone already said its a flash website (largely, but not totally), so the screenshots only give you a piece of the whole shebang.

And cant people just understand instructions NIGERIANS, undecided The first page I attached is just a black intro screen. if you look closely, you'll see (at the middle) some links. Press the middle one. INSTANTLY, it takes you to the second screen i posted. Please lets leave sentiments outta this,and be, I can be really, acrid; my sarcasm is like acid! But please, ,

So, this goes specifically to Naomi, who, I see is ma major protagonist. DO NOT wait for it to load, (cuz it aint loadin) just click on the link at the middle of the 1st screen and move on, believe me, it really is FAST!

Now Naomi, I only pointed to N/L to show that votes do in fact affect the ratings of a site,a nd since the site in question has no votes, the ofcourse, the rest is only elementary logic; wasnt that clear enough, Naomi? I mean, u strike me as someone, <say, marginally> smart, but this?!,

To Smartsoft, Well, all I can say is; "It tells me a lot bout you, "

Now everybody; First, Open this link:

IF this takes "Ages" to load, then I voluntary subject myself to the highest possible degree of scorn here.

IF it doesnt, then go back to the first link;
http://www.feladurotoye.org

And dont wait for anything, cuz nothin is comin until you click the link to ENTER!!! at the middle of the screen.

N.B: make sure you have a Flash Plugin, too!!!
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by pfowighz(m): 2:04pm On Aug 14, 2006
, and for a graphic representation, Click where the two ellipses are.

Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by Saddam: 11:27am On Aug 16, 2006
@naomijt

You re meant to advise him on what to do so to fix up the site to load fast.

naomijt:

@pfowighz: Now that we have had a glimpse of this site (thanks to your screenshot), I still do not see what you find sooo spectacular about the site. Kindly give us your analysis of what makes this site so awesome. Or else, keep quiet and let us be.

NB: You seem to be the only one who has been able to access the site till this moment. Its still loading here.

As for your rant about Nairaland's sitescore, there's not much you can do about a forum, since different people post, often with incorrect HTML tags and all that. Obviously, you know little about these things. And its not just about the votes. The votes account for only one aspect of the results, if you would care to look again. God!
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by naomijt(f): 1:00am On Aug 17, 2006
@saddam: I hear you. Under less "awesome" circumstances, I would do that, but the guy had it coming. He came in here with guns blazing and acting like a coyboy. Of course, he got shot at.

If he had come in here asking for contributions to make the site better, we would have gladly given it to him. I won't even bother with the site any longer. I've had enough ;-)
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by naomijt(f): 8:49am On Aug 17, 2006
@pfowighz: Let's make peace and discuss. All beef aside, let's look at this site in terms of usability. So far, you have had to tell us what to do, where to click or redirect us to another page - and some of us here are regular web users.

Consider that most people are not web buffs. They are likely to leave that site if they experience what we did.

One of the most common mistakes of web design is the inappropriate use of flash. Flash splash screens and intros are stone age practice. Instead, it is more appropriate to use flash to enhance interactivity, and only in such a way that the page or site does not refuse to work on a slow connection or a browser without the flash plugin.

You want the visitors: don't force them to install things they do not want on their PCs. It is good practice to create your web pages such that they are accessible and usable on any browser or connection speed.

Inspite of all the noise about broadband, only a minute number of web users worldwide use it. Again, people now access the net on more than just PCs.

Here are a few resources that may help:

http://www.useit.com/alertbox/designmistakes.html
http://domainstandard.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=11

I can imagine my boss, who uses his mobiles as his primary devices to access the internet, attempting to visit feladurotoye.org on his Nokia 9500 or E61, when those using PCs are having headaches accessing it.

I hope we can be friends.
Re: Website Review: FelaDurotoye.com by africanboy(m): 8:10pm On Jul 09, 2007
funny, a client just boasted about this site, now i cant even find it.

ouch (for him, not me)

(1) (Reply)

I Need All In One Php Forum Script And The Process Of Database Creation / More About Addynamo / Quickteller Payment Gateway On Wordpress Site Using Woocommerce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.