Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,150 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. (1934 Views)

What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? / Nursing Mothers And Intercourse / Advice Needed From Mothers And Doctors In The House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. by skillzbae(f): 6:18pm On Nov 25, 2014
Pls help, im in my second trimester of my third baby (didnt have this experience with the other ones) and for about three days nw, i can hardly keep anything in, i vomit everything including water. What should i do?
Re: Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 25, 2014
skillzbae:
Pls help, im in my second trimester of my third baby (didnt have this experience with the other ones) and for about three days nw, i can hardly keep anything in, i vomit everything including water. What should i do?

Please see your obstetrician.
Re: Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. by skillzbae(f): 6:28pm On Nov 25, 2014
ileobatojo:

Please see your obstetrician.
Im scared of hospitals *covers face* Im scared of going out so i dnt throw up evrywhr. Is it more dan wat home remedies wil do?
Re: Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 25, 2014
skillzbae:
Im scared of hospitals *covers face* Im scared of going out so i dnt throw up evrywhr. Is it more dan wat home remedies wil do?

You have to be careful of home remedies because things that you take may have negative effects on the baby. Better to be safe.

You have not been able to eat or drink for 3 days and you know you need your strength and nutrition both for yourself and to nourish your baby. The best thing is to see a doctor so they can either give you a safe medicine to take for the vomiting or give you some IV fluids. It's the best thing to do at this point. If it wasn't so bad, you could manage but with what you're describing, you should go in to make sure everything is ok.

1 Like

Re: Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. by 2CatWoman: 6:32pm On Nov 25, 2014
Check that you don't have gestational diabetes embarassed
Re: Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. by tpia5: 6:39pm On Nov 25, 2014
skillzbae:

see your health care providers, are you not receiving antenatal care?

You can speak to nurses also.
Re: Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. by skillzbae(f): 6:39pm On Nov 25, 2014
ileobatojo:

You have to be careful of home remedies because things that you take may have negative effects on the baby. Better to be safe.

You have not been able to eat or drink for 3 days and you know you need your strength and nutrition both for yourself and to nourish your baby. The best thing is to see a doctor so they can either give you a safe medicine to take for the vomiting or give you some IV fluids. It's the best thing to do at this point. If it wasn't so bad, you could manage but with what you're describing, you should go in to make sure everything is ok.
Tnx alot,God bless u. Wil go tomoro den
Re: Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. by skillzbae(f): 6:41pm On Nov 25, 2014
2CatWoman:
Check that you don't have gestational diabetes embarassed
Jezzz, tnx bt i pray i dnt av it
Re: Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. by skillzbae(f): 6:43pm On Nov 25, 2014
tpia5:

see your health care providers, are you not receiving antenatal care?

You can speak to nurses also.

As at d last vist for antenatal, i ws nt vomiting
Re: Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. by Daresh(f): 10:34am On Nov 26, 2014
skillzbae:

You are scared of going to hospital? How about being scared of dying?
Re: Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. by mutter(f): 10:50am On Nov 26, 2014
Please go and see a doctor. It is probably not anything serious causing it but the effects of being dehydrated can affect the baby. When a mother is dehydrated the babys heartbeat goes down and is affected. So you are taking a big risk and an unnecessary one too. You need to go as soon as possible.
Re: Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 26, 2014
Pregnancy and its wahala.
I hate it with p lipsrsealed
@op, sorry o.
Hope u r ok now after visiting d hospital?
Re: Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. by christabeli: 12:58pm On Nov 26, 2014
Please check that pregnancy thread. I believe it's in health section
Re: Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. by thorpido(m): 1:50pm On Nov 26, 2014
skillzbae:
I hope you have gone to the hospital.The vomiting could be a result of what you ate or just hyperemesis.
If you are scared of hospitals,na house you wan born?
Re: Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. by skillzbae(f): 5:15am On Nov 27, 2014
thorpido:
I hope you have gone to the hospital.The vomiting could be a result of what you ate or just hyperemesis.
If you are scared of hospitals,na house you wan born?
Yes i av, the doc said its normal. Labour pain no go make me remember d scare for hospitals. Tnx y'all
Re: Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. by skillzbae(f): 5:19am On Nov 27, 2014
mutter:
Please go and see a doctor. It is probably not anything serious causing it but the effects of being dehydrated can affect the baby. When a mother is dehydrated the babys heartbeat goes down and is affected. So you are taking a big risk and an unnecessary one too. You need to go as soon as possible.
yes i av, nd a scan was carried out, tnx
Re: Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. by skillzbae(f): 5:21am On Nov 27, 2014
moca:
Pregnancy and its wahala.
I hate it with p lipsrsealed
@op, sorry o.
Hope u r ok now after visiting d hospital?
Lols, tnx. Yes,im beta
Re: Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. by skillzbae(f): 5:22am On Nov 27, 2014
christabeli:
Please check that pregnancy thread. I believe it's in health section
Tnx, bt whr is d link?
Re: Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. by christabeli: 7:51am On Nov 27, 2014
skillzbae:
Tnx, bt whr is d link?
My dear I don't know how to post link.Just go to health section you will see it there.
Re: Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. by skillzbae(f): 7:57am On Nov 27, 2014
christabeli:
My dear I don't know how to post link.Just go to health section you will see it there.
Aiit, tnx alot. God bless
Re: Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. by smartmom(f): 12:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
The doctor said its normal? what did he give you to take to curb it? Have you stopped the vomiting now? Did it start suddenly? Please if it hasnt stopped, seek a 2nd opinion ok!

Dehydration like mutter said can be dangerous for both you and the baby so take good care of yourself.

All the best!
Re: Help!! Older Mothers And Doctors. by skillzbae(f): 8:36am On Nov 28, 2014
smartmom:
The doctor said its normal? what did he give you to take to curb it? Have you stopped the vomiting now? Did it start suddenly? Please if it hasnt stopped, seek a 2nd opinion ok!

Dehydration like mutter said can be dangerous for both you and the baby so take good care of yourself.

All the best!
Tnx, i ws given avomec

(1) (Reply)

Please Am Confussed About This / Is Physical Appearance Enough To Say "NO"? / Family Planning Method

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.