Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,560 members, 7,955,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:21 PM

Hissing Sound When Break Pedal Is Depressed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hissing Sound When Break Pedal Is Depressed (2226 Views)

Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause / Hissing Sound Wen Steering My Car; What's Wrong / My Clutch Pedal Keep Going Flat Every Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hissing Sound When Break Pedal Is Depressed by nurey(m): 7:48pm On Nov 25, 2014
There is always this hissing sound when I depress my break pedals, the break is very sharp indeed and there is no known drop in break fluid level I need experts to enlighten me on what to check.
Car model is a ford mustang Boss 302 sorry I must be dreaming its a 2000 toyota sienna.
Re: Hissing Sound When Break Pedal Is Depressed by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:19pm On Nov 25, 2014
nurey:
There is always this hissing sound when I depress my break pedals, the break is very sharp indeed and there is no known drop in break fluid level I need experts to enlighten me on what to check.
Car model is a ford mustang Boss 302 sorry I must be dreaming its a 2000 toyota sienna.

Hissing from engine bay or wheels?
Re: Hissing Sound When Break Pedal Is Depressed by AutosBay(m): 10:06pm On Nov 25, 2014
Replace your Brake Booster, it's faulty.
Re: Hissing Sound When Break Pedal Is Depressed by sultaan(m): 10:30pm On Nov 25, 2014
X2 on that my jeep has been doing the same thing for almost 2 years buy since I rarely drive it I'll rather fix the steering vibrations first waiting for my Moog steering stabilizer to come in tomorrow ant the replace the TRE at pitman arm
Re: Hissing Sound When Break Pedal Is Depressed by mayor2013: 11:44pm On Nov 25, 2014
Did you change your brake pads recently
Re: Hissing Sound When Break Pedal Is Depressed by Nobody: 12:53am On Nov 26, 2014
Your brake vacuum servo has a leaking diaphragm. Replace the brake servo. And I mean replace, not attempt a repair.

Brakes are safety-related, and the precautions that need to be taken in overhauling can NOT be overstressed.

1 Like

Re: Hissing Sound When Break Pedal Is Depressed by nurey(m): 6:16am On Nov 26, 2014
Siena:
Your brake vacuum servo has a leaking diaphragm. Replace the brake servo. And I mean replace, not attempt a repair.

Brakes are safety-related, and the precautions that need to be taken in overhauling can NOT be overstressed.

I guessed there could be air trapped in the brake system cause sometimes I feel something is been poured in the brake after depressing and releasing it, though no known shortage in brake fluid and the break is really sharp.
Re: Hissing Sound When Break Pedal Is Depressed by FlyboyZee: 5:15pm On Nov 26, 2014
Inspect your brake pads and change them if neccessary.

Hissing while braking is a sign that your brake pads are finished and need replacement. I learnt that from the owner's manual of my 2004 Honda Accord EX. This is a deliberate mechanism developed by manufacturers to alert you that its time to chnage them pads. If you recently changed your pads, then it is possible that the new pads are not compartible with your car and should be changed.

My kid brother observed same on his Mazda 626 when he changed the brake pads to a more expensive one. After using it for a couple of days, he became uncomfortable with the hissing sound and then changed them pads back to the cheap ones he was using before and the hissing stopped. It could just be the same with your case, you know.

(1) (Reply)

Help My RX330 (battery) / Toyota Corolla Drivers And Road Madness / Help! My Tyres Bounces On Acceleration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.