Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,006 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause (2412 Views)

Bad Or Failing Fuel Pump? These Maybe The Causes / RX330 Single Jerk When Accelerating After Coasting. / My Car Is Stalling And Jerking When On Motion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause by xtripple: 7:46pm On May 15, 2015
Pls advise , my Honda 1999/2000 jerk when on motion if apply break on final stop,
If you know what maybe the cause or solution pls tell....
Re: Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:57pm On May 15, 2015
xtripple:
Pls advise , my Honda 1999/2000 jerk when on motion if apply break on final stop,

Poor description of the problem.

1 Like

Re: Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause by xtripple: 8:17pm On May 15, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Poor description of the problem.
True , but that's how it use to happen ,
Just if you re driving , when apply break ,on slowing down it jerk b4 final stop.
Pls if u understand d problem u can explain better
Re: Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:26pm On May 15, 2015
xtripple:

True , but that's how it use to happen ,
Just if you re driving , when apply break ,on slowing down it jerk b4 final stop.
Pls if u understand d problem u can explain better

Scan the car and post the codes here. If in lagos contact me for a free scan.
Re: Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause by xtripple: 8:31pm On May 15, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Scan the car and post the codes here. If in lagos contact me for a free scan.
Thanks for your responds' how do i scan or who do i meet for the scan since am not in lagos
Re: Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:52pm On May 15, 2015
Re: Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause by TUDEXautoCARE(m): 11:05am On May 16, 2015
Do you have the Check Engine lamp on and does it jerk only when braking?
Re: Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause by xtripple: 8:53pm On May 16, 2015
TUDEXautoCARE:
Do you have the Check Engine lamp on and does it jerk only when braking?
My check engine lamp on dash board is always on,
It only jerk ones on braking b4 final stop,
Assume u re approaching a junction u need to break b4 final stop it will jerk ones .
I feel it may be gear , it seems as something not well with the gear.
Pls any solution
Re: Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause by DECOtech(m): 4:47am On May 17, 2015
xtripple:

Where are you located, how many jerks do you get?

If its a continuous jerk as you have your foot on the brake pedal, then I would say you have a warped brake disc.
If its one jerk, a shift solenoid might be the problem or a bad engine/gear mount.

If your "check engine light" is on, pls run a scan and find a way to describe your issue better.
Re: Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause by Littleolmi(m): 7:27am On May 19, 2015
i drive a honda babyboy 1998 model 4 cylinder with milleage of 170k buh i'm having serious issues with my gear transmission from gear 1-2-3. It jerks on motion & shakes my engine. I av replaced my engine seat twice cos of this issue. Pls, i need serious help on dis. Anybody with useful info on how to get this problem fixed shuld pls reply.
Re: Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:31am On May 19, 2015
Littleolmi:
i drive a honda babyboy 1998 model 4 cylinder with milleage of 170k buh i'm having serious issues with my gear transmission from gear 1-2-3. It jerks on motion & shakes my engine. I av replaced my engine seat twice cos of this issue. Pls, i need serious help on dis. Anybody with useful info on how to get this problem fixed shuld pls reply.
If in lagos call me for a free scan. 08033910382
Re: Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause by Macmilla(m): 5:31pm On May 19, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

If in lagos call me for a free scan. 08033910382
Good day boss.
My car is a honda accord 2001 4cyl.
I recently changed my transmission, but on the new one, the countershaft speed sensor and mainshaft sensor had three pins while the ones on my old transmission had 2 pins. The mech guy had to transfer the sensors from the old one to the new gearbox.

I then noticed that while driving, the transmission upshifts well, but when I slow down, it seems it doesn't downshift to 1, therefore the car will move slowly and gradually speed up no matter how I step on it. This is worse when going uphill.

I also noticed that if I step down to accelerate fast, the car normally downshifts to pick speed, but there is an abnormal 3-4 seconds of drag b4 it downshifts and picks speed.
No blinking D4 and no code on scanning.

Could this be because of the swapped sensors? Or is the gearbox bad?

Oil is DW-1

Cc: autowiz
Cc: luvinhubby
Cc: Gazzuzz
Re: Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause by DECOtech(m): 9:28am On May 20, 2015
Littleolmi:

What was the condition of the engine seats you changed, were they broken?
Re: Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause by xtripple: 10:54am On May 20, 2015
[quote author=DECOtech post=33914961]

What was the condition of the engine seats you changed, were they broken?[/quote
@DECOtech. This is the result of the scan
P0122 '. TPS/Pedal position sensor A circuit low input
P0141 '. 02 sensor heater circuit malfunction' back sensor 2
P1166 , malfunction control fuel air metering
Re: Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause by Littleolmi(m): 1:42pm On May 20, 2015
DECOtech:

What was the condition of the engine seats you changed, were they broken?

Yes, two of dem buh just one of the seats was really broken while d other front one had a 'tiny' cut. I got the car scanned & this error code came up.
p1738 Tcm A/T controller

Cc: autowiz
Cc: luvinhubby
Re: Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause by DECOtech(m): 8:39pm On May 20, 2015
Littleolmi:

Yes, two of dem buh just one of the seats was really broken while d other front one had a 'tiny' cut. I got the car scanned & this error code came up.
p1738 Tcm A/T controller

BULLS EYE!!!
You got the culprit.

The pressure switch controller. Try on another one, replace the bad engine seat and see if the problem goes away.
Re: Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause by DECOtech(m): 8:57pm On May 20, 2015
xtripple:

Littleolmi:

Please oh, are you guys one and the same and talking about the same car?

Xtripple should check his engine seats as regards the jerking and for the codes you posted, your TPS and O2 sensor (bank1 sensor2) might need replacement.

I for like be the one to chop your money but look for Gazzuzz if youare in Lagos.
Re: Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause by Littleolmi(m): 8:59pm On May 21, 2015
DECOtech:

BULLS EYE!!!
You got the culprit.

The pressure switch controller. Try on another one, replace the bad engine seat and see if the problem goes away.

Thank you sir. I have replaced the pressure switch controller. The check engine light has gone off & the jerking has reduced but its still noticeable. I av equally changed d seats too
Re: Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause by DECOtech(m): 4:31am On May 22, 2015
Littleolmi:

Thank you sir. I have replaced the pressure switch controller. The check engine light has gone off & the jerking has reduced but its still noticeable. I av equally changed d seats too

When last did you have your transmission serviced?
Check your transmission fluid level and quality. It might have degraded over time and use. You may have to do a transmission flush which MIGHT not totally eradicate the problem, yet a step in a good direction.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People In Big Cars Oppress Others? / Help Please My Glk 350 Enter Limp Mode / Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.