Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,299 members, 7,860,732 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:11 PM

How To Have A Peaceful & Lasting Marriage (men's Version) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Have A Peaceful & Lasting Marriage (men's Version) (664 Views)

How To Have A Peaceful & Lasting Marriage Pt 1(for Ladies) / Our Experiences With Foreign Women-the Nigerian Men Version / Will You Sign A Prenuptial Aggrement Before Marriage?men See Reasons Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Have A Peaceful & Lasting Marriage (men's Version) by ugotex85: 7:54pm On Nov 25, 2014
1. Pray before you marry, marriage is not something you rush in and rush out, it is a life-long commitment that is backed up by strong vows. Don’t marry her just because she’s beautiful, callipygous or educated.

2. If you know you are not ready to commit to one partner, then don’t bother to marry. Don’t have one leg inside and the other outside. “Men are polygamous in nature” is a ploy the devil uses on men that lack self-control; to make them believe they are not the only ones in the game. If your wife falls below your expectation in bed, kindly educate her on areas to improve upon. Don’t capitalize on that to defile your bed (Hebrews 13:4).

3. Spend more time with your family. One of the prices to pay for getting married is cutting down (or cutting off) the time you spend hanging out with friends, or watching football at viewing centres. You can invite your friends to your house if need be, or take your family along if you must hang out.

4. Pray together with your family. Praying together strengthens the family bond, as well as inculcating into your kids from their infancy, the importance of prayer. Remember, a family that prays together stays together.

5. Avoid beating your wife, only cowards do so. No matter the gravity of her offence, find another way to address it rather than hitting her. Remember the bible says that your wife is part of your body; therefore beating your wife is like beating yourself. Ephesians 5:28-30. Learn to correct her in love, let her know what she’s doing which you don’t like.

6. Forgive her offences. No one is perfect, so the likelihood of being offended is very much real in marriage. Therefore, you must have a heart large enough to forgive your wife whenever she offends you.

7. Provide for your family. They are your primary responsibility; provide money for the family upkeep, school fees, house rent etc. That is not to say women won’t contribute. The bible describes a person who cannot provide for his household as “worse than an infidel” (1Timothy 5:cool.

8. Take her out occasionally. Your wife is your treasure, and marriage should not mark the end of romance but should rather mark the beginning of it. Take her and by extension the entire family out once in a while. The change of environment helps to make the family bond stronger.

9. Carry her along in your decision making. Some men take major decisions in their homes, business and personal lives without consulting their wives. This is wrong because no man has a reservoir of wisdom, share that idea with your wife, who knows, she may have a better idea. Remember they say that “two heads are better than one”. By so doing, you are also telling her how you value her in your life.

10. Don’t be too proud to apologize to her when you err. As a man I know how hard it is to admit it when you are wrong and apologize; but believe me, if you learn to do this, it would earn you more of your wife’s respect. This also is applicable to women.

11. Talk to her with respect before you kids, friends, and relatives. If you have any unsettled disagreement, try and cover up while in the midst of other people, don’t reduce her to nothing before them for this can be humiliating.

12. Lend a helping hand in the domestic affairs. Get involved in the kids homework, their upbringing; sometimes assist your wife with the chores- cooking, washing. It doesn’t cost you your prestige as the man of the house; it only projects you as a caring husband and father.

13. Compliment your wife. I wanted to omit this point but upon realizing how women place high value on it, I had to quickly change my mind. Tell your wife how beautiful she is, how nicely her new hairstyle fits her. Pamper her as much as you can and call her pet names. Give her listening ears (women love good listeners). She would only love you more if you do these.

14. Support her to achieve her dreams. Gone are the days when women’s roles end in the kitchen and bedroom. Today women are excelling in different careers, vocations and trades. We now have female presidents, pilots, footballers, astronauts, etc. But these were careers that were strictly for men some years ago. As a loving husband, be your wife’s No. 1 fan in whatever career line she takes. You support would go a long way in spurring her to greater heights.

THE WOMEN'S VERSION OF THIS ARTICLE CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: brainxpansion..com
Re: How To Have A Peaceful & Lasting Marriage (men's Version) by Cholls(m): 8:46pm On Nov 25, 2014
My brother what can I say? Ok I will try thanks
Re: How To Have A Peaceful & Lasting Marriage (men's Version) by ugotex85: 9:29pm On Nov 25, 2014
Cholls:
My brother what can I say? Ok I will try thanks
Try brother, the benefits are there for you to enjoy.

(1) (Reply)

4 Dating Rules For The Professional World / When Your Boyfriend Beats You Up / What Is The Legal Age A Boy Or Girl Must Attain Before They Can Marry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.