Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* - Agriculture (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* (238690 Views)

My 1 Million Naira Alternative To Cucumber (agribusiness 101) [a Must Read] / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Catfish Farming: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by etchiep(m): 5:30pm On Feb 11, 2015
jasper7:
Good to be back in owerri. will start set-up for a mini farm 2moro. pray for me people.
my brother it is well with you and the lord shall see you through
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Eefosa1: 8:54pm On Feb 11, 2015
jasper how can i get the hybrid seeds here in lagos
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by etchiep(m): 6:33am On Feb 12, 2015
please i want Cucumbers in the House to help me out because i am still a bit confuse.

How is Cucumber sold(i mean in Unit). I mean assuming with an hectare of land someone is expecting 500kg of cucumber during harvest.

1.My Question is Cucumber sold per KG?
If yes how much per Kg?

2.What is the expected Unit of Cucumber expected
a.per hectare of land
2.what it is a plot of land

3. Jasper and others since your experience in the business who are your top 6 customers.i mean those that pertronize you
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 6:26pm On Feb 12, 2015
etchiep:
please i want Cucumbers in the House to help me out because i am still a bit confuse.

How is Cucumber sold(i mean in Unit). I mean assuming with an hectare of land someone is expecting 500kg of cucumber during harvest.

1.My Question is Cucumber sold per KG?
If yes how much per Kg?

2.What is the expected Unit of Cucumber expected
a.per hectare of land
2.what it is a plot of land

3. Jasper and others since your experience in the business who are your top 6 customers.i mean those that pertronize you
hello sir, let me answer your questions the way you asked
1. yes, cucumber is sold per kg. there's no static price. it can vary from 80-200 depending on the season or location

2. the unit also can vary, you can expect between 0-30tonne per hectare, depending on farm practise adopted.

3. for cucumber, you have the spa, premium and open market, fast foods, caterers and hotels. hope that answers all your questions

2 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by sheyi86: 8:24pm On Feb 12, 2015
confirm
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by etchiep(m): 5:23am On Feb 13, 2015
jasper7:

1. yes, cucumber is sold per kg. there's no static price. it can vary from 80-200 depending on the season or location

2. the unit also can vary, you can expect between 0-30tonne per hectare, depending on farm practise adopted.

3. for cucumber, you have the spa, premium and open market, fast foods, caterers and hotels. hope that answers all your questions
yes it does thanks
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by etchiep(m): 4:43pm On Feb 14, 2015
jasper7:

pls jasper i wanted to go into it a big way,but i was advice to try out a plot first.
so i will start after the elections.
but i will need your guide and coaching.hope you wont mind if i keep calling from time to time.
My major fear is the market.before now i see cucumber as a major seasonal stuff.whether the market is always available

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 12:05am On Feb 20, 2015
etchiep:

pls jasper i wanted to go into it a big way,but i was advice to try out a plot first.
so i will start after the elections.
but i will need your guide and coaching.hope you wont mind if i keep calling from time to time.
My major fear is the market.before now i see cucumber as a major seasonal stuff.whether the market is always available
whoever asked you start with a plot. loves you from the heart.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 12:06am On Feb 20, 2015
you only hate the road when you're missing home.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by SLOVFO(m): 8:52pm On Feb 20, 2015
I need your advice brother Jasper. I have a plot of land. I am wondering if it will be cost effective for me to start cucumber farming there? Considering the fact that I may have to sink a bore-hole there.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
SLOVFO:
I need your advice brother Jasper. I have a plot of land. I am wondering if it will be cost effective for me to start cucumber farming there? Considering the fact that I may have to sink a bore-hole there.
yeah... I started with a plot too, it was worth my while in the long run and gave me courage to expand to hectares. I advice beginners to test it up in a plot, make as much mistake as possible before moving to bigger land.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by noblefarm: 7:17pm On Feb 22, 2015
jasper7:

yeah... I started with a plot too, it was worth my while in the long run and gave me courage to expand to hectares. I advice beginners to test it up in a plot, make as much mistake as possible before moving to bigger land.

Wow, marvelous. But nwannem, I have over 200plots (30acres) of land to farm on, tried cassava last year but the price of cassava now is not encouraging and I can't plant cucumber on all the land. What else can you advise me to go into that can give me good returns.
thanks
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 8:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
noblefarm:

Wow, marvelous. But nwannem, I have over 200plots (30acres) of land to farm on, tried cassava last year but the price of cassava now is not encouraging and I can't plant cucumber on all the land. What else can you advise me to go into that can give me good returns.
thanks
yeah... just answer this question. where is ur farm located?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Soloxam(m): 8:27pm On Feb 22, 2015
noblefarm:

thanks
oga what else to plant is not the issue, I think u still have a lot of research to do
1 Study ur area and know which agric produce is in high demand.
2 Try and have basic knowledge on how to produce this crops
3 Lastly sir u have to experiment the crop/crops on a small scale until u get them right...... sir I think a mistake was made already, but can be corrected, leasing such area of land (30 acre) was a big error without having tangible things to plant, but the worse is when u later plant on it and ur are the mercy of the buyers that won't be interesting at all.
So I think u can do or home work and reach a good conclusions. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by noblefarm: 8:43pm On Feb 22, 2015
jasper7:

yeah... just answer this question. where is ur farm located?

The farm is in Ilorin kwara state.

@soloxam, I got the land with hope of planting cassava but with what cassava is now that's why am looking for what else to farm. I knw the land is not a waste
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Fhemmmy: 3:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
Learning continues
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by noblefarm: 3:47pm On Feb 23, 2015
[quote author=jasper7 post=30984413]
yeah... just answer this question. where is ur farm located?[/quote

still waiting for ur advise oo or gimme ur number make I call u. thanks
@jasper7
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 6:16am On Feb 24, 2015
noblefarm:

The farm is in Ilorin kwara state.

@soloxam, I got the land with hope of planting cassava but with what cassava is now that's why am looking for what else to farm. I knw the land is not a waste
sir, if you want to go full vegetable this year. the truth is that the advice I would give you won't be too far from what my brother, soloxam has given you.
you have 2 options, 1. you can seek professional help for set-up and management or partner up with a professional. and 2. start small and grow gradually.

The truth is that with the size of land you have, there are many profitable vegetables you can plant and make money from.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by noblefarm: 8:18am On Feb 24, 2015
jasper7:

sir, if you want to go full vegetable this year. the truth is that the advice I would give you won't be too far from what my brother, soloxam has given you.
you have 2 options, 1. you can seek professional help for set-up and management or partner up with a professional. and 2. start small and grow gradually.

The truth is that with the size of land you have, there are many profitable vegetables you can plant and make money from.

thanks bro. I will like to pay u a visit, pls can I have ur contant? my digits 08077774003
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 25, 2015
Please where can i get Chia Tai seeds from i reside in ibadan

Thanks
clanjeff@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 9:19pm On Feb 25, 2015
noblefarm:

thanks bro. I will like to pay u a visit, pls can I have ur contant? my digits 08077774003
it's okay... where do you reside let's see how we can arrange that.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by noblefarm: 10:10pm On Feb 25, 2015
jasper7:

it's okay... where do you reside let's see how we can arrange that.

am in ilorin kwara state
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 10:14pm On Feb 25, 2015
noblefarm:

am in ilorin kwara state
serious? and I was in illorin briefly today
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by noblefarm: 11:37pm On Feb 25, 2015
jasper7:

God. u see na, why is it difficult for u guys to share ur contacts? we new comers here don't eat ppl. u created this place to encourage ppl to farm and promised to assist in a little way u can. why is it difficult getting that little important assistant? cry
jasper7:

God. u see na, why is it difficult for u guys to share ur contacts? we new comers here don't eat ppl. u created this place to encourage ppl to farm and promised to assist in a little way u can. why is it difficult getting that little important assistant?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 9:05am On Mar 08, 2015
hello guys, sorry I have been everywhere except home this year... This thread will kick off again. for the 2015 farming season.

Those I promised sample seeds have gotten and have planted... Una no wan share your results?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 08, 2015
@all those that planted sample seeds, u are mandated to report back to this thread and share your results. grin

We are starting off with kalusam........ how was ur harvest of chia tai cucumber?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Cohsyn(m): 4:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
After reading from page 0 to 18, I will be ungrateful if I don't drop my word of appreciation to Jasper, Jethro, World 1 and all others who have freely given us this billion dollar information. May God reward you in a trillion fold.

Following and you will hear from me very soon, don't blink!
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 7:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
Cohsyn:
After reading from page 0 to 18, I will be ungrateful if I don't drop my word of appreciation to Jasper, Jethro, World 1 and all others who have freely given us this billion dollar information. May God reward you in a trillion fold.

Following and you will hear from me very soon, don't blink!
We need.more people coming in the area of agric. I have alot of great friends who have keyed into agric.

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Pavore9: 7:34pm On Mar 08, 2015
jasper7:

We need.more people coming in the area of agric. I have alot of great friends who have keyed into agric.
Now happy that our younger ones are also seeing the beauty beyond the work in Agriculture.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Cohsyn(m): 8:08pm On Mar 08, 2015
jasper7:

I am already putting plans in place to become Hotmas neighbour in Ogbomosho. Hopefully you will come handy when I want to put d house in order.

Thanks once again for the inspiration!
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 9:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
Pavore9:
Now happy that our younger ones are also seeing the beauty beyond the work in Agriculture.
yessir. our father's failed us. we won't fail our children.

2 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by phollar(m): 12:22am On Mar 09, 2015
cucumber at 22 days (test project)

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (33) (Reply)

Starting An Oil Palm Plantation / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.