Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,031 members, 7,821,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* - Agriculture (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* (238694 Views)

My 1 Million Naira Alternative To Cucumber (agribusiness 101) [a Must Read] / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Catfish Farming: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by OLAMIMO12(m): 10:10pm On Jun 05, 2015
amb2015:
@Jasper I love the grace of God in your life. may God bless you for making your self a channel of blessing and encouragement to His children. forward match to farm to start somfin
Amen for our able boss. @amb2015, pls start small ooooo. There are alot of things in cucumber production than theoretical. Happy farming

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Petergudluck(m): 4:29pm On Jun 15, 2015
You employed which corpers?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by sholad11(m): 12:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
WOW! This is indeed an eye opener and exactly what av been looking 4, started reading yesterday night buh cudnt sleep till 4am dis morning...10nk God 4 ur life mr jasper7 and oda gurus in d house.

I definately want 2 venture into dis...any1 in lagos wia I can actually visit his/her farm 2 get a pratical knowledge...
10nks oga mi

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by chets(m): 8:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
@Jasper7 You are a great man. I just came across this thread today and i have been reading from 0. Well Done.
How do i get my own test seed. I never late oo. lol. Am in Abuja. What is your advice on farming in my location.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by OLAMIMO12(m): 7:53am On Jun 17, 2015
@chets, Abuja is a good location for farming. if you can get it right, you will make sales.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by mecuzee(m): 10:55am On Jun 17, 2015
Interested oh! Hope am not too late? cry
jasper7:
okay, I feel the need to tell a story before I retire for the night. A couple of years back, I was at the MM airport in lagos, heading to abuja. Just as we were waiting for our boarding time. Some big men In kaftans came in an entourage and bought the whole seats in our plane.

These dudes where not up to 20 but correct me if I'm wrong, a plane has a minimum of 60 passenger seats
Well, we were asked to wait a tard longer for their next flight. Trust Nigerians na, see pandemonium. People dragging shirts and singlets grin. I just sat at a corner, folded my hands, dumbfounded.

In my head I was just reasoning this out. The poor ones are here killing themselves, while the big men have boarded our flight and are half way to Abuja.
There and then, I consciously decided to be in the big league. That incident makes me stretch myself, keeps me motivated, keeps me going.

Now, I got your hearts in the right direction, it's time to get your hands dirty! And I mean that, literally. Tomorrow I share the action plan. I just need 10 farmers who have farmland hot and available to indicate interest. 2moro the real work begins.

Incase you don't have any available to you now, but you are going to be ready by march, still indicate interest.

This thread is about to get sweaty. Fun time is over
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by agricentral(m): 1:15pm On Jun 19, 2015
jasper7:
Well, I have been postponing this for a while, just because I dont believe in "internet farming". But I feel the need to encourage other Nigerian youths out there who want to venture into agribusiness. Came back to Nigeria after University studies to invest in my country, it has not been easy so far to farm in Nigeria. The challenges have been enormous but *in Lil Wayne's voice* "we doing aite".
If I start my story, the epistle will be too long, so... I'll just get straight to the point.

I am a vegetable farmer. And farm majorly cucumber. I am pro-organic farming (it's very expensive in Nigeria). I employ technologies from around the world (especially thailand) that suit our climate and culture. I've been into this for quite a while now.

Decided to upload pictures of how I plant and the agronomy I employ in my cucumber farming. To get more ideas from the pros here and to excite the intending farmers. Just follow up

@jasper7 why did you stop updating this thread?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by sholad11(m): 4:49pm On Jun 19, 2015
agricentral:

I can not buh also re-echo ur question...we need update pls
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 6:15pm On Jun 19, 2015
agricentral:

Sorry sir, I have been at the very least, extremely busy. I think I'll make out time for the thread soon. I hardly have internet network at my current farm location.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by agricentral(m): 8:31am On Jun 20, 2015
jasper7:

Sorry sir, I have been at the very least, extremely busy. I think I'll make out time for the thread soon. I hardly have internet network at my current farm location.

Good to hear bro.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Neduzze5(m): 8:58am On Jun 20, 2015
Denn:

Someone is a word reserved for humans....

A farmer who has toiled and sacrificed manpower, materials, and money has the right to harvest... Any other being that tries to harvest without the farmer's permission is a thief.... In agriculture terms, they are called pests.

Have you heard of pesticides, herbicides and the age long 'monkeycide' used in many wars in the past... A trusty gun primed with the deadliest of bullets might be the best stopping force and can determine either the farmer goes bankrupt due to unfounded beliefs or survives till the next planting season.

Some people employ other less noisy methods like poisons which are equally lethal.

The law of nature is cold...and the monkeys understand it.

My being a human is not a decision you can make... It is in nature.

If you love monkeys that much, why not take some home?

Lolz.... Bro, I so much love your aptness after going thru some of your posts. The way you outline your words without mincing letters keeps me absolutely dumbfounded.

It would really be a pleasure learning "English Language" all afresh from you.

Kudos sire!

1 Like

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jekylljibbs: 10:07am On Jun 20, 2015
Sir Jasper, Thank you very much for this inspiring thread. May God continue to grow you. I Have know for some time that agriculture is the next frontier in this country. This thread just gave me real ginger abi zeal to look into this opportunity because working 8-5 and exerting all your life sweat building someone else's dream would get you nowhere. I would contact you on WhatsApp in the near future about learning from you and visiting one of your farms to understand and get a real feel for the process. Big ups to the other thread contributors, the last 23 pages have been a real educational experience. Now to go and start from page 1 again!!
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Denn(m): 11:07am On Jun 20, 2015
Neduzze5:

Lolz.... Bro, I so much love your aptness after going thru some of your posts. The way you outline your words without mincing letters keeps me absolutely dumbfounded.

It would really be a pleasure learning "English Language" all afresh from you.

Kudos sire!

Bros...this your 'toasting' na wa.

Thanks
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by michaelolab: 11:39am On Jun 20, 2015
Great work
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by jasper7(m): 3:45pm On Jun 20, 2015
Denn:

Bros...this your 'toasting' na wa.
Thanks
Bros... I have been trying to reach you. We get talk.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by just4just: 8:32am On Jun 24, 2015
Hi jasper7 plus I wish to start cucumber farming. Where can I get the seed in lagos. Let me have it in my email. Seedandhavest@yahoo.com
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by akanbi2k: 9:50pm On Jun 25, 2015
jasper7:
Okay, I just met with representatives of a farm technology company in Thailand. And they said they can solve my current irrigation problems by supplying me a GUN SPRINKLER. A sprinkle water like rain with a 45metre radius. That is an impressive one, considering it will cover one hectare in 30mins.

It's supposed to work hand in hand with my hydraflo machine. This machine is a beast. It can fill up a geepee tank in 30 seconds. An average sumo pump releases 50 psi at a go. This beast can go up to 2000 psi at a go. That is 40 times an average sumo pump. I havr not been able to use it because the pressure at which it releases water can cause erosion and even leaching if not checked.

Please does anybody knows any other machine or mechanism that can be used for irrigation in my farm? Thanks

Hey....just reading your posts...I use drip irrigation on my farm and it works perfectly. Zero maintenance. But you will need a good source of water maybe a well,stream or borehole ....and you will need a tank or those 250ltr drums....I grow cucumbers, lettuce ,Chinese vegetables etc on my farm. If you are serious about, it hit me up...akanbi2k@gmail.com ...I got pix if you need it ....

2 Likes

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by akanbi2k: 10:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
irukandji89:
hello Mr jasper.

I must say, may Almighty God continue to guide and protect you for this thread.

it is a source of motivation for me.

I am also trying to plant cucumber on a plot of land.

my questions, to you sir, if you don't mind are:

(1) concerning the poultry waste for mixing with soil, how much quantity is enough for a plot of land?

I was able to get dried fowl droppings of 30 x 50kg bags worth. will that be enough or will I need more?

also, must it be mixed thoroughly with the bed or
sparingly?

(2) pls sir, where in lagos or who can you direct me to for the purchase of the irrigation kits: the drip pipes etc?

thanks in advance and anticipation of your reply.

For drip irrigation kits hit me up at akanbi2k@gmail.com or 08035688585 ....I use it on my farm......and I can procure for you too. I hope you have a good water source....and you will need a tank or drums.
source. ....if you are serious about it ...lets talk ! best of luck.

1 Share

Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by vicatrix(m): 9:04am On Jun 27, 2015
Hello jasper, I will like to know how to get this Thai cucumber seed so I can start up my own plant with few experience you gave already, I live in Asaba you can email me on where to buy or collect it for trail thanks

vicaxgr(at)gmail dot come

I Wrote the email In such way to prevent spamming. Thanks as I awaits your email or details at this forum.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by lanre2009: 12:05pm On Jun 27, 2015
akanbi2k:

For drip irrigation kits hit me up at akanbi2k@gmail.com or 08035688585 ....I use it on my farm......and I can procure for you too. I hope you have a good water source....and you will need a tank or drums.
source. ....if you are serious about it ...lets talk ! best of luck.

Hi, do you plant indian vegetables also?
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by sthugo: 6:20pm On Jun 27, 2015
@ jasper

You are an epitome of pragmatic greatness

Was able to read and write key points directly from this inspiring thread of yours.

You will continue to experience breakthroughs and success since you have freely given.

I must call you.

Nice one bro
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by boluwajokosegun: 3:31am On Jun 28, 2015
f u hav a farm & u need cash to expand then goodnews.
FG is helping farmers under a registered cooperative call Drean Nation Alliance
It has online platform
Has a member you can acess a small loan of 200k to start with within 4 weeks
First to months is interest free while d next 10 months are 2% interest
So why don't u take d opportunity now
If u use d 200k for 5 months u can return it & collect 500k or more
U can access it from any where in naija because it is FG powered
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by greenwhales: 9:01am On Jun 28, 2015
jasper7:
Thank you very much Mr Jasper for doing a very good job and I believe if we can go back to farming ,must of us youth can easily get out if the rat race. GOD BLESS YOU! cheesy cheesy
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Bhurlagy(m): 3:36pm On Jun 28, 2015
How do one process the loan sir,i stay in Ijebu-ode,Ogun state.
boluwajokosegun:
It has online platform
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Fhemmmy: 11:00pm On Jun 28, 2015
still learning oone or more on this thread
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by amb2015(m): 2:44am On Jun 30, 2015
OLAMIMO12:

Amen for our able boss. @amb2015, pls start small ooooo. There are alot of things in cucumber production than theoretical. Happy farming
thanks a lot sir.
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by OLAMIMO12(m): 10:30am On Jul 02, 2015
boluwajokosegun:
It has online platform
Pls....outline the procedure and centres for Dream Nation Alliance. tnx
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by shangodele(m): 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2015
boluwajokosegun:
It has online platform
d e-mail on d website is nt going thru
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by vicatrix(m): 10:00pm On Jul 06, 2015
Pls can someone help me with jasper(phone nø or email) unable to get him here for some time now. I need to pick up that cucumber seed from Thai company(owerri) he talked about, or if anyone got the contact mak I know. Thanks
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Topbrooks(m): 2:56pm On Jul 08, 2015
akanbi2k:

Hey....just reading your posts...I use drip irrigation on my farm and it works perfectly. Zero maintenance. But you will need a good source of water maybe a well,stream or borehole ....and you will need a tank or those 250ltr drums....I grow cucumbers, lettuce ,Chinese vegetables etc on my farm. If you are serious about, it hit me up...akanbi2k@gmail.com ...I got pix if you need it ....

I just sent you a mail. hope to receive a reply
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by onyeogalu1(m): 2:23pm On Jul 09, 2015
@Jasper7 thanks for all your help
Re: Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* by Ymix94(m): 1:45pm On Jul 13, 2015
After going through dis thread from page 0-23, the only que I ask myself was "why not me" if Mr Jasper7 could do it and recorded a lot of success. There's no limit to wat I can achieve by making use of dis great advantage too. Thanks sir @Mr Jasper7 I downloaded everything successfully

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (33) (Reply)

Starting An Oil Palm Plantation / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.