Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President (33798 Views)

Breaking: We Have No Plans To Charge Former Oil Minister Alison Madueke - UK / Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250m / Former Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke, Undergoing Breast Cancer Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by shizzleStar: 5:26pm On Nov 27, 2014
Congratulations to Mrs Diezani Madueke, i am particularly proud of you.

Haters can keep whining and lamenting cool

3 Likes

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 27, 2014
FROGGY EYES, THAT WOMAN IS THE REAL OJU-YOBO...
HANDED OPEC TO HER AT THIS TIME,,, CHEI THE PEOPLE THAT DID THAT TO HER WANT TO SET HER UP!!!
IF U R WISE MRS OJU-YOBO DONT ACCEPT IT...ITS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD BUT I GUESS SHE IS TOO GREEDY AND CORRUPT TO REALIZE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE WORLD

SHE WILL DEFINITELY LEAVE WITH HER HEAD BOWED DOWN IN SHAME
Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by HardeyBbee: 5:51pm On Nov 27, 2014
siraj1402:
Though I don't know what criteria is been used in the selection to the post of the president of OPEC,but I think this woman need to answer questions on 'allegations'of corruption level against her.I think OPEC should take it open themselves by checking the home country of whomever will be their president. Well I will not be surprise that our president will do anything possible to support her because of January 2015 fuel price suprise we were waiting for.She must be the president for Mr Jonathan to justified the increment.SMH.

With the election in feb 2015, GEJ wont want to do that maybe if he wins he might do that in oct 1. there is something about GEJ when it comes to the first day of a month giving us bad news so I won't till rule out jan 1, 2015
Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by spirit88: 5:52pm On Nov 27, 2014
zlatansomto:
This news will surly give our South West brothers heart attack,. They will be lyk oh no,. Ahhh ILe Aye mi ti baje..

ode, and will this news reduce the numbers of igbo prostitute in south west, north and Lagos?
will it rescue the igbos on death in malaysia?
will it reduce the no if igbos messing around in lagos?
will it bring back prosperity to their God forsaken land God left after civil war?

dont know people still reason from the anus...........its high time igbos started thinking about real life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by hansad: 5:59pm On Nov 27, 2014
idupaul:
From the way her and goons squandered our oil wealth and sent the economy into austerity all I can say is that OPEC is finished
you with your apcshit shall continue to live in beer parlours manufacturing false tales of corruption against GEJ govt, till GEJ leaves Aso Rock 2019.
Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by obosirow: 6:08pm On Nov 27, 2014
Congratulations darling Allison.
Congratulations Nigerians
All this goody goody under GEJs presidency...Man in the center of Gods will.

2 Likes

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by Ernestiano(m): 6:29pm On Nov 27, 2014
to who
igoro10:
Congrat.
Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by DobleO7: 6:35pm On Nov 27, 2014
Orikinla:

I don't like people who indulge in conceit and deceit to mislead the public. And that is what majority of your likes are.

I don't like people who use every and any opportunity to discredit people just because it is their hobby. People who rather than being constructive are destructive when they open their mouth. You are a perfect example.
Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by Legacy44(f): 6:48pm On Nov 27, 2014
I've never really liked Allison Diezani...not since her convoy killed a pedestrian in Abuja...and the whole tragic event was hushed up.

I think she's extremely corrupt, arrogant, money-crazy and power-hungry.

Infact this is just terrible news!!!
Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by DobleO7: 6:54pm On Nov 27, 2014
Legacy44:
I've never really liked Allison Diezani...not since her convoy killed a pedestrian in Abuja...and the whole tragic event was hushed up.

I think she's extremely corrupt, arrogant, money-crazy and power-hungry.

Infact this is just terrible news!!!

You may not be able to eat today....Kpele

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by Legacy44(f): 6:58pm On Nov 27, 2014
DobleO7:

You may not be able to eat today....Kpele

On top Naija matter... Oh please!!!
I'm nt of ds world..!
Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by DobleO7: 7:08pm On Nov 27, 2014
Legacy44:

On top Naija matter... Oh please!!!
I'm nt of ds world..!

Better be ooo
Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by rhames(m): 7:29pm On Nov 27, 2014
OPEC is set for the greatest disaster since 1973 grin

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by DobleO7: 7:37pm On Nov 27, 2014
rhames:
OPEC is set for the greatest disaster since 1973 grin

Because a Nigerian is now the OPEC President..right? Hate de smale.

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by rhames(m): 7:59pm On Nov 27, 2014
DobleO7:

Because a Nigerian is now the OPEC President..right? Hate de smale.

Because OPEC cant afford the same level of economic mismanagement by the same person. grin

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by Rexyl(m): 8:04pm On Nov 27, 2014
masciv:

Do you happen to have any sense of logic at all?

Someone secured international appointment, all you have to feel is bitterness and hate. If you can't reason for yourself, collective and superior brains will do it for you. You must stop insulting others. Always express your thought and leave the rest for others to put you thru.
Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by DobleO7: 8:06pm On Nov 27, 2014
Rexyl:

Someone secured international appointment, all you have to feel is bitterness and hate. If you can't reason for yourself, collective and superior brains will do it for you. You must stop insulting others. Always express your thought and leave the rest for others to put you thru.

Thank you!
Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by PrinxPeera(m): 8:21pm On Nov 27, 2014
Good 4 her
Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by shomutuski(m): 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2014
zlatansomto:
This news will surly give our South West brothers heart attack,. They will be lyk oh no,. Ahhh ILe Aye mi ti baje..
You comment like a fool and also sound like a bigger fool. Wow! I see the angels applauding your stupidity.
Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by emmykingsok(m): 8:41pm On Nov 27, 2014
congratulations ma
Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by Arosa(m): 10:04pm On Nov 27, 2014
Why are the western news media not carry this story?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by nora544: 10:08pm On Nov 27, 2014
Arosa:
Why are the western news media not carry this story?

I write some sides before what it mean to be president of th OPEC the head of the OPEC is the Secretary.
Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by idupaul: 10:19pm On Nov 27, 2014
hansad:
you with your apcshit shall continue to live in beer parlours manufacturing false tales of corruption against GEJ govt, till GEJ leaves Aso Rock 2019.

I am a card carrying member of the PDP who campaigned and voted for GEJ in 2011, I love my party but truth is truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by udomma1005(m): 10:44pm On Nov 27, 2014
I'm in her state due to duty calls,let her use her office & have bridge (less than 30 metres) constructed to link her community with civilization!
Her homestead is only accessible with a hand pulled boat (SMH),Petroleum minister indeed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by SangoCrusader: 2:04am On Nov 28, 2014
Ibadannimowa:

Trust me, the forum has gone to d dogs.

You're right, maybe @Seun has also collected his PDP donation... can't understand why else he is tolerating this BS.

I think I'll just stick to Linda Ikeji/Bella Naija then, goodbye NL.
Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by babypipsy: 2:56am On Nov 28, 2014
Congrats to her and Nigeria. However, for sake of clarity she was elected "conference president" and not "secretary general". Her tenure is for one year presiding over conference meetings held twice in a year. The secretary general is the CEO of the organisation running a 3yr term.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by dearestaramide: 3:48am On Nov 28, 2014
idupaul:
From the way her and goons squandered our oil wealth and sent the economy into austerity all I can say is that OPEC is finished

I tell you. I screamed when I heard.this woman studies architecture and even when she was in the oil company she wasn't placed where she will make critical decisions. She was strategically placed in the oil company to create grounds for her as pet. Minister

Her corruption and greed knows no bounds. The woman is bloody arrogant hence her outright refusal to attend senate summons.

She will most probably be a face while the major decision makers that know what they are doing will direct her so as to avoid catastrophe

The placing of god fathers's candidates with no technical training and experience is the reason y we are in deep shit today, bastarads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by sojjy: 4:05am On Nov 28, 2014
idupaul:

OPEC in seruous trouble. That organization will be highly corrupt soon. Diezani Allison Madueke of all people??

2 Likes

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by buJu234: 8:01am On Nov 28, 2014
I have found that those that support corruption are more than those that are against it in Nigeria.

So in a democracy majority wins d vote.

More to corruption...

Wat a pity
Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by thenairama(m): 8:34am On Nov 28, 2014
kiss she's so pretty and sophisticated
angry but she too dey lie

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by ddeola: 9:09am On Nov 28, 2014
Good. So what next ? How is that gonna better the lives of Nigerians?
Re: Petroleum Minister, Alison-Madueke Elected First OPEC Female President by jpphilips(m): 9:26am On Nov 28, 2014
abbccc:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/petroleum-minister-alison-madueke-elected-first-opec-female-president/195193/

This is no good news because the Jonathan her oga has no foreign policy so she is going to sit tuck for 1yr and leave like nothing happened, meanwhile we still remember the strides of late rilwanu lukman during his days as the OPEC supremo.

The voting pattern changed this year because it is widely believed that the USA is colluding with Saudi Arabia the biggest producer to maintain the current 13mbbls from OPEC, a feat I believe was born out of concessions that will still keep the Saudi economy afloat for the next 6months below 80usd.

Other aggrieved members who want a change of status quo will likely want a neutral West African producer (away from members of the Arab league) like Alison to take over who they believe will turn things around in their favor, does she have the competence to do so?

They should go peruse her decrepit PIB, to realize that they just enthroned a buffoon to a very sensitive position at a precarious time,

What would Madueke do differently:

Madueke needs to liaise with the foreign affairs ministry to draft a comprehensive foreign policy that will identify areas of interest for Nigeria, highlighting the present drop in crude prices, she should as a matter of urgency lobby other members to unanimously vote for a drop in OPEC quota from the present 13mbbls.

Before which she is expected to have serious close door talks with the Saudi oil minister, accompanied with OPEC members who are strategic Allies with the Saudi Govt.

She should as a matter of urgency, lobby oil heads of Govt in the Americas and else where to join OPEC, this is geared towards shifting the present 53mbbls coming from them which has increasingly become a threat to OPEC's 13mbbls.

If she fails like she always does, the consequence will be enormous for OPEC member states and Nigeria at large, the acrimony in the 166th assembly is one that is becoming increasingly clear that most members will pull out and if that happens, most small oil producing countries will loose their only influence in the world stage.

Madueke must at this stage prove Nigerians wrong that she is not another political frame on the Nigerian wall.

But I didn't see any election on TV, was it a coded election in GEJ's bedroom?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soldiers Caught Flogging A Man In Jos (Video) / I Am Very Sorry: Ortom Apologises Over "To Hell With Any Fulani Man" Comment / I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.