Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) (79698 Views)

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Ogarj(m): 5:46pm On Jan 04, 2015
Can one use his/her Statement of Result i.e WAEC/NECO for Bs.c program?
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 4:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
Ogarj:
Can one use his/her Statement of Result i.e WAEC/NECO for Bs.c program?

YES! my dear, in fact registration is on now!2014/2015
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
Is there a site or anywhere I can the course content/outline for their MSc (InforTech) programme? I'd like to know what I'm going into.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 4:27pm On Jan 07, 2015
BornSad:
Is there a site or anywhere I can the course content/outline for their MSc (InforTech) programme? I'd like to know what I'm going into.

G. SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
i. Undergraduate Programmes Programme Code
a) B.Sc. Computer Science 5202
b) B.Sc. Communication Technology 5203
c) B.Sc. Data Management 5204
d) B.Sc. Environmental Science & Resource Management 5205
e) B.Sc. Mathematics 5208
f) B.Sc. Mathematics/Computer 5209
g) B.Sc. Chemistry 5212
h) B.Sc. Biology 5213
i) B.Sc. Physics 5214
j) B.Sc. Financial Mathematics 5215

ii. Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
a) Digital Communications 5302
b) Mobile Communications Technology (Wireless) 5304
c) Information Technology 5305

iii. Masters Degree Programme
a) Information Technology (with Internet Options) 5401

Check : www.nou.edu.ng

Good luck!
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 07, 2015
akubudejud:

G. SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
i. Undergraduate Programmes Programme Code
a) B.Sc. Computer Science 5202
b) B.Sc. Communication Technology 5203
c) B.Sc. Data Management 5204
d) B.Sc. Environmental Science & Resource Management 5205
e) B.Sc. Mathematics 5208
f) B.Sc. Mathematics/Computer 5209
g) B.Sc. Chemistry 5212
h) B.Sc. Biology 5213
i) B.Sc. Physics 5214
j) B.Sc. Financial Mathematics 5215

ii. Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
a) Digital Communications 5302
b) Mobile Communications Technology (Wireless) 5304
c) Information Technology 5305

iii. Masters Degree Programme
a) Information Technology (with Internet Options) 5401

Check : www.nou.edu.ng

Good luck!

Thanks a lot, bro!

However, I'd already chosen Information Technology. What I was actually asking for is the course content. By this, I mean a list of all the courses a student going for MSc in InforTech will have to offer. This will help me know if it's what I'm bargaining for.

Anyway, thanks once more for your response, I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by flexmode: 6:04pm On Jan 07, 2015
I want to make enquiries about masters degree programme.
1. What is the duration of the Master programme
2. What is the fee and total amount required for registration
3. The availability of forms and location to get same
4. Location of study centres in Lagos
5. List of available programes
Your swift and urgent response is required in this regards.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 07, 2015
flexmode:
I want to make enquiries about masters degree programme.
1. What is the duration of the Master programme
2. What is the fee and total amount required for registration
3. The availability of forms and location to get same
4. Location of study centres in Lagos
5. List of available programes
Your swift and urgent response is required in this regards.

Sorry, which course are you going for?
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by strongboi(m): 10:06am On Jan 08, 2015
Please house, I want to go for Msc. Business Admin. Will I be going for lectures? If yes what time. Also, how much is the fee and what's the duration.

Thanks.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 08, 2015
strongboi:

Please house, I want to go for Msc. Business Admin. Will I be going for lectures? If yes what time. Also, how much is the fee and what's the duration.

Thanks.
I will try to answer this based on my limited knowledge and research.

Will you be going for lectures?

Well, there's no "lectures" in the actual sense of it. But there are occasional facilitation classes which are not compulsory. Students also organise study groups.

How much is the fee?

It's not definite. Total amount of fees paid per semester could be affected by how many courses you register for that semester. However, there are some definite fees per semester. I suggest you refer to their site for an accurate breakdown of the fees.

How long does it last?

It is a very flexible programme. You determine how long it will last by the number of courses you register per semester. However, there are things you should bear in mind: some courses are prerequisites for others and you must spend at least three semesters in school. It's then up to you to decide putting into consideration your work schedule.

I hope I tried. Any more knowledgeable person should, please, correct any errors found.

Finally, I think we should have a thread for prospective PG/MSc students.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by jom28gy(m): 6:53am On Jan 09, 2015
Is a laudable achievement and they will continue to grow from strength to strength amen.

4 Likes

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by strongboi(m): 8:53pm On Jan 10, 2015
Thanks so much. As you suggested, let's create a thread, it will be helpful.

BornSad:

I will try to answer this based on my limited knowledge and research.

Will you be going for lectures?

Well, there's no "lectures" in the actual sense of it. But there are occasional facilitation classes which are not compulsory. Students also organise study groups.

How much is the fee?

It's not definite. Total amount of fees paid per semester could be affected by how many courses you register for that semester. However, there are some definite fees per semester. I suggest you refer to their site for an accurate breakdown of the fees.

How long does it last?

It is a very flexible programme. You determine how long it will last by the number of courses you register per semester. However, there are things you should bear in mind: some courses are prerequisites for others and you must spend at least three semesters in school. It's then up to you to decide putting into consideration your work schedule.

I hope I tried. Any more knowledgeable person should, please, correct any errors found.

Finally, I think we should have a thread for prospective PG/MSc students.

1 Like

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 11, 2015
You can find answers to all the questions you seek here:: www.nairaland.com/144162/national-open-university-nigeria-noun
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 12, 2015
This is for all prospective MSc students of the school! A thread has been created for us just as suggested and agreed. Please, click on the link below to access this thread. Thanks.

https://www.nairaland.com/2090040/thread-all-prospective-new-msc
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 12, 2015
strongboi:

Thanks so much. As you suggested, let's create a thread, it will be helpful.

Done, see link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/2090040/thread-all-prospective-new-msc
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by kristy14: 12:02pm On Feb 17, 2015
Please send me ur email and number I want to talk to u concerning the noun student u no dat went for youth service
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Odunukwe30: 4:21pm On Feb 23, 2015
What you don't know about your final project
It can catapult you from Second class to first class

This Education 'project topic and material' is first class standard. It is well articulated and reported to the best class.

Perceptions of Teachers and Students on the Use of Internet Facilities for Promoting Academic Excellence in Nigeria
http://www.uniprojectsearch.com/perceptions-teachers-students-internet-facilities-promoting-academic-excellence-nigeria/

visit www.uniprojectsearch.com for your own department projects topics and materials
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Dailyschoolnews: 6:22pm On May 13, 2015
cesareborgia:
Does the Nigerian Law School recognizes NOUN??

smiley Hello Cesareborgia, i think very soon, the Law school in Nigeria will recognize as one of the best. There was an article in [url]Nou.org.ng[/url] about the Vice chancellor getting approval for it's student to enter Nigeria law school.
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by wisdomkid: 6:17am On May 14, 2015
akubudejud:
NOUN....NOUN....NOUN

...you come in as a nobody but graduate as a somebody.

-probably as a computer illiterate but graduate with vast knowledge of the computer.

-there is no bribing in the University.

-no short cut to pass.

-there is very low room or zero tolerance for examination malpractices.

-NYSC very sure.

-there is no room for laziness.

-no time to waste.

-no strike to waste our precious life.

-relatively cheap.

-Access to all Federal/ State and cooperate body scholarship

-no room for awaiting result/statement of result but graduate and get your certificate/Degree immediately.

- all courses accredited by NUC (confirmed)

*many frustrated Nigerian students is now hopeful for higher education.

I sincerely love this quotation, and am truly happy that the good citizens of Nigeria, are coming to know the full power and reason behind NOUN, and why other Varsities VC and senate board are fighting against it, because you don't spend MUCH money looking for admission, and you can easily learn from any where. I totally believed NOUN is one of the best academic institutions in Nigeria.

Quote copied from nouonlinenews.com

1 Like

Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by MrKIZITO(m): 12:40pm On Jun 13, 2015
Read more about National open university of Nigeria from here http://www.supreme.com.ng/national-open-university-of-nigeria-study-centres-www-noun-edu-ng/
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by epidi(m): 8:31am On Jun 30, 2015
Thank you for creating this thread.God bless you.
Please I want to know which of the NOUN centre offers M.A in ENGLISH LANGUAGE?Thanks
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by johnspurgeon014(m): 12:44pm On Jul 17, 2015
TELL A FRIEND!!!

NEW PROJECT/SEMINAR TOPICS covering RECENT TRENDS and RELEVANT RESEARCH are available!!!

Do you have an approved TOPIC and are in need of MATERIALS/ASSISTANCE to help write on your research paper/PROJECT/SEMINAR

CALL/WHATSAPP: 08034845878

BBM: 2AB903A4

Email: johnspurgeon014@gmail.com

www.datacademia.com
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by SlimBrawnie(f): 5:16pm On Aug 02, 2015
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Pls this should be moved to front page to counter the opinion of the other op which is quite defamatory. Thank you
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by lalasticlala(m): 5:31pm On Aug 02, 2015
SlimBrawnie:
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Pls this should be moved to front page to counter the opinion of the other op which is quite defamatory. Thank you

I suggest you create new thread to counter the other thread. This one already made FP long time ago
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
lalasticlala:

I suggest you create new thread to counter the other thread. This one already made FP long time ago

Hey mod, what about my own thread? Should be moved to front page too na! cheesy
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by oladele239(m): 7:21am On Aug 17, 2015
Please anyone on this thread schooling in noun and resides in ogba Ikeja area should please contact me on 08160583728 whatsapp or Bbm 7423ecac .I need a lot of info. Thanks
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 4:34pm On Aug 17, 2015
oladele239:
Please anyone on this thread schooling in noun and resides in ogba Ikeja area should please contact me on 08160583728 whatsapp or Bbm 7423ecac .I need a lot of info. Thanks

..Discuss it here and let everyone assist you!
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nanan(f): 8:47pm On Aug 17, 2015
How can you get passed questions please, I love NOUN
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by Nanan(f): 8:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
How can I get passed questions please
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 8:58am On Aug 18, 2015
Nanan:
How can I get passed questions please

Visit your study center..see the student counsellor or any senior colleague they will be able to help..!
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by sept4: 12:19am On Sep 07, 2015
dharamanil:

We don't need to be In a campus to live the campus life, we live it errday.. The best of campus life is to either have lots of babe, small talks everyday, no bed time curfew and no restrictions..... All present in noun...... but all na 4 pikin
grin grin my brother u hit d nail straight in the head plus let me add somthing noun is for people who wana work at di same time earn an undergraduate degree if noun made st possible deb I think we shld be thankful of that as for ur campus life every one can live it
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by sept4: 12:40am On Sep 07, 2015
Pls my fellow nairalanders I want to study bachelor of agric science in NOUN bt I dnt hv agric in my waec becos my secondary school ws not offering it at d time pls do u think NOUN will give me admission to study it?
Re: What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) by akubudejud(m): 11:47am On Sep 09, 2015
sept4:
Pls my fellow nairalanders I want to study bachelor of agric science in NOUN bt I dnt hv agric in my waec becos my secondary school ws not offering it at d time pls do u think NOUN will give me admission to study it?

Go to the school and ask they are better in answering that question..!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

MY NIPOST EXPERIENCE - Nigerian Postal Service / Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC / Ado-Ekiti Poly Rector Accused Of Investing N1Bn Lecturers Salaries In Bitcoin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.