Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,540 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics (18770 Views)

Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Worship Jesus Christ? / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by slimfine(f): 11:54pm On Dec 22, 2008
@lady,

are you an igbo? if you are then I will say how the rosary is done in igbo becuase I learned it in that tongue.

bottom line to all of you, I am not God and neither are you. if you think praying to mary or saints will grant your prayers so be it! but I chose not anymore becuase my bible tell me that I can only get to God through JESUS CHRIST. is up to him to judge all of us. peace

ka eme sia nu. smiley
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 23, 2008
mr slimfine but let me ask u,Is it right to ask your pastors to pray for you?
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 23, 2008
mr slimfine but let me ask u,Is it right to ask your pastors to pray for you?
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by slimfine(f): 9:22am On Dec 23, 2008
Ha,
I beg, I be woman oooh

i guess is okay for anybody to pray for me but I won't pray to someone so that they will deliver the message to God. it is not tha same thing
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by Kuns: 9:39am On Dec 23, 2008
There are all lunatics , that's why the have beef with each other.
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by alimat2(f): 1:33pm On Feb 09, 2010
May God hav mercy on us, Confusion in d house
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by afiq(m): 3:58pm On Feb 09, 2010
THANK GOD I'm CATHOLIC!
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by alimat2(f): 5:50pm On Feb 09, 2010
afiq:

THANK GOD I'm CATHOLIC!

meaning??
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by MyJoe: 12:21pm On Feb 10, 2010
chukwudi44:

we can trace the history of the catholic church to the last living apostle.All the early christians were Roman catholics.If the catholic church was not the church left behind by the apostles,whatb happened to the church left by the apostles?
at what year did the catholic church take over?

But you cannot deny that at some point, particularly after the Church took over the Roman state and the Roman state took over the Church, egregious corruption set in. What the restorationists, from Martin Luther to Charles Taze Russel, from John Calvin to Joseph Smith, tell us is that they saw the need to restore Christianity to its original form, that is, as practised by the early disciples of Jesus of Nazareth. What say you to this?
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by stillgrds(m): 7:33am On Feb 12, 2010
Dear All,
We all, as individuals have a responsibility to read the bible and find what the bible really teaches. The bible clearly states in 2 Timothy 3:16 and 17 -

16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

The above tells us that there is nothing that cannot be set straight with the bible and that the bible contains all that will help us do the good works that God wants us to do. Anything not justified by the bible is wrong. The reasoning of Pastors, Fathers, Popes etc that contradicts bible teachings are wrong too. Stick to the bible. Thats what the apostles did in the issue of circumcision back then in Jerusalem.
What surprises me mostly is that many self acclaimed Christians cannot defend their beliefs from the bible. Worse are those who believe that the bible is open to just any interpretation. They do not care if one belief of their contradict another belief of theirs. By implication, they make it seem that the bible is a cause for confusion in itself. Look for the harmony in the bible from Genesis to Revelation and you can fits beliefs together - right to right and wrong to wrong.

Also, have you ever read Romans 10: 2 and 3

2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God; but not according to accurate knowledge; 3 for, because of not knowing the righteousness of God but seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.

There are certainly those who want to serve God and are doing so now. But the way and manner they are serving God is not acceptable by God because it does not conform with the righteousness of God as set out in the bible. It certainly will not lead to their salvation.

Reading through this topic, I see that some persons have said things that are not true of JWs. There is no harm if you accept them in sometimes and ask them "What do JWs Belief about so and so?" Get their beliefs from them and not from non-JWs.

Salvation is individual and so I encourage all to Read Gods Word the Bible Daily. You are likely to see things that will prompt you to ask questions and refine what bible truth really is. God will not desire every sort of persons to come to an accurate knowledge of Him and be saved and then author a bible that cannot be understood by the common man. Every one can read the bible if they really want to seek and know what the bible really teaches.

If you care? click on the link
http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/article_00.htm
http://www.watchtower.org/e/jt/article_01.htm
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by MyJoe: 12:43pm On Feb 12, 2010
stillgrds:

Dear All,
We all, as individuals have a responsibility to read the bible and find what the bible really teaches. The bible clearly states in 2 Timothy 3:16 and 17 -

16  All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17  that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

The above tells us that there is nothing that cannot be set straight with the bible and that the bible contains all that will help us do the good works that God wants us to do. Anything not justified by the bible is wrong.
Do you really think the Bible contains EVERYTHING? Anyway, is preaching from house to house justified by the Bible?

stillgrds:

The reasoning of Pastors, Fathers, Popes etc that contradicts bible teachings are wrong too.
Can you cite examples, please?

stillgrds:
Stick to the bible. Thats what the apostles did in the issue of circumcision back then in Jerusalem.
What surprises me mostly is that many self acclaimed Christians cannot defend their beliefs from the bible.
What beliefs, for example?

stillgrds:
Worse are those who believe that the bible is open to just any interpretation.
If it is not, whose interpretation do we trust and how do we know this?

stillgrds:
They do not care if one belief of their contradict another belief of theirs. By implication, they make it seem that the bible is a cause for confusion in itself. Look for the harmony in the bible from Genesis to Revelation and you can fits beliefs together - right to right and wrong to wrong.

Also, have you ever read Romans  10: 2 and 3

2  For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God; but not according to accurate knowledge; 3  for, because of not knowing the righteousness of God but seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.

There are certainly those who want to serve God and are doing so now. But the way and manner they are serving God is not acceptable by God because it does not conform with the righteousness of God as set out in the bible. It certainly will not lead to their salvation.

Reading through this topic, I see that some persons have said things that are not true of JWs. There is no harm if you accept them in sometimes and ask them "What do JWs Belief about so and so?" Get their beliefs from them and not from non-JWs.

Salvation is individual and so I encourage all to Read Gods Word the Bible Daily. You are likely to see things that will prompt you to ask questions and refine what bible truth really is. God will not desire every sort of persons to come to an accurate knowledge of Him and be saved and then author a bible that cannot be understood by the common man. Every one can read the bible if they really want to seek and know what the bible really teaches.

If you care? click on the link
http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/article_00.htm 
http://www.watchtower.org/e/jt/article_01.htm

I think you are going to be saddled with the task of convincing folks of (1) the absolute trueness of the Bible (2) The interpretation given it by the website you provided. These are the basics.
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by stillgrds(m): 3:10pm On Feb 12, 2010
Hello Myjoe,
MyJoe:

Do you really think the Bible contains EVERYTHING? Anyway, is preaching from house to house justified by the Bible?
Can you cite examples, please?
What beliefs, for example?
If it is not, whose interpretation do we trust and how do we know this?

I think you are going to be saddled with the task of convincing folks of (1) the absolute trueness of the Bible (2) The interpretation given it by the website you provided. These are the basics.

I don't think, rather I know the bible contains everything we need to do what God requires of us. Lets take your example - Preaching from house to house.

Acts 5: 41 and 42

41 These, therefore, went their way from before the San´he·drin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy to be dishonored in behalf of his name. 42 And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus.

You asked me to site examples of reasoning of church leaders. Examples are the acceptance of christmas as a christian celebration, The pope saying that the theory of evolution is compatible with the bible, The teaching of Trinity, speaking in tongues of languages that cannot be translated by any etc.

The above beliefs cannot be defended with the bible because they have been initiated by men and the traditions of men.

We should trust the interpretations that the bible's harmony helps us to reach. for example, ask yourself, why did Jesus speak of persons inheriting the earth in Mathew 5:5 when it is said by most Christians that heaven is the place for good people? Concluding that Jesus contradicted himself here will be wrong. Checking other scripture can clear the air.

Well, Jehovah's Witnesses do not claim to be the source of the interpretations of the Bible. They believe the Bible speaks for itself. Intellectual honesty in needed to see what God wants us to know from the Bible. The absolute truthfulness of the Bible should not come in-between our accepting the Bible as Gods word for man. Human imperfection may have played in but not to the extent that the truth cannot be identified and applied in our worship. May I ask, why do you think we cannot rely on the Bible?
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by tlfacts: 3:58pm On Feb 12, 2010
Funny enough Jehovah's witnesses believe Jesus is Angel Michael which clearly contradicts the Bible.
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by tlfacts: 4:04pm On Feb 12, 2010
@stillgrds
Why do you believe Jesus is Angel Michael
Is that in the Bible.
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by MyJoe: 4:47pm On Feb 12, 2010
stillgrds:

Hello Myjoe,
I don't think, rather I know the bible contains everything we need to do what God requires of us.
So how do you handle experiences, either by you or people close to you, that do not fit into what the Bible contains?

stillgrds:
Lets take your example - Preaching from house to house.

Acts 5: 41 and 42

41  These, therefore, went their way from before the San´he·drin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy to be dishonored in behalf of his name. 42  And every day in the temple and from house to house they continued without letup teaching and declaring the good news about the Christ, Jesus.
How do you compare the above to this (Luke 10:5-7, NIV):
5"When you enter a house, first say, 'Peace to this house.' 6If a man of peace is there, your peace will rest on him; if not, it will return to you. 7Stay in that house, eating and drinking whatever they give you, for the worker deserves his wages. Do not move around from house to house.

stillgrds:
You asked me to site examples of reasoning of church leaders. Examples are the acceptance of christmas as a christian celebration, The pope saying that the theory of evolution is compatible with the bible, The teaching of Trinity, speaking in tongues of languages that cannot be translated by any etc.

The above beliefs cannot be defended with the bible because they have been initiated by men and the traditions of men.

So Christmas and others are traditions of men. Fine. But do you know how the Bible came to you? Are you aware that it is the same people that gave you the Bible (that is, picked and chose what appears in it), that also gave you Christmas? Is is really possible to divorce "men" and "traditions" from anything being handled by men? Who do you think runs your religion, if not men?
Let me show you some examples. This is the old masthead of Awake, one of your official journals:

Why Awake! is Published.
Awake! is for the enlightenment of the entire family. It shows how to cope with today's problems. It reports the news, tells about people in many lands, examines religion and science. But it does more. It probes beneath the surface and points to the real meaning behind current events, yet always stays politically neutral and does not exalt one race above another. Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away.

This is the new one:
Why Awake! is Published.
Awake! is for the enlightenment of the entire family. It shows how to cope with today's problems. It reports the news, tells about people in many lands, examines religion and science. But it does more. It probes beneath the surface and points to the real meaning behind current events, yet always stays politically neutral and does not exalt one race above another. Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful new world that is about to replace the present wicked, lawless system of things.

If the generation of 1914 is dying out with no "peaceful new world" in sight and a group of men then sit down to decide that the creator's promise had changed, does that not sound like a "tradition of men"? How is writing something on a whim and claiming it is God's promise less serious than rechristening a pagan holiday in order to win converts to the Christian course?

I don't know whether evolution is compatible with the Bible or not and I am no expert on the subject and cannot make a case for Darwinian evolution, but the Pope may have a point. Or what is your explanation of fosillised remains of human creatures, such as homo erectus and others, who have longer arms and smaller brains than us the homo sapiens?

stillgrds:
We should trust the interpretations that the bible's harmony helps us to reach. for example, ask yourself, why did Jesus speak of persons inheriting the earth in Mathew 5:5 when it is said by most Christians that heaven is the place for good people? Concluding that Jesus contradicted himself here will be wrong. Checking other scripture can clear the air.
What about the scriptures that state clearly that where Christ is his followers will be? Can anyone change this invitation?

stillgrds:
Well, Jehovah's Witnesses do not claim to be the source of the interpretations of the Bible. They believe the Bible speaks for itself. Intellectual honesty in needed to see what God wants us to know from the Bible. The absolute truthfulness of the Bible should not come in-between our accepting the Bible as Gods word for man. Human imperfection may have played in but not to the extent that the truth cannot be identified and applied in our worship. May I ask, why do you think we cannot rely on the Bible?
I am not saying we can or cannot rely on the Bible, but just trying to see why we should. What I observe is that the Bible (1) was written by men like other books (2) it has many inconsistencies (3) many of its stories are not unique and appear to have been drawn from epic poems that existed thousands of years ago (4) there are many verifiable experiences that go contrary to the Bible.[quote][/quote]
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by stillgrds(m): 5:59pm On Feb 12, 2010
tlfact,

lets see how the hamony of the Bible settles Michael the Arch Angel. Please see what Daniel 12: 1 and 2 says

1 “And during that time Mi´cha·el will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of your people. And there will certainly occur a time of distress such as has not been made to occur since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, every one who is found written down in the book. 2 And there will be many of those asleep in the ground of dust who will wake up, these to indefinitely lasting life and those to reproaches [and] to indefinitely lasting abhorrence.

Lets ask at this point, who could be the great prince here? Please note the things events that surround his standing up and then read Matthew 24:3 -

3 While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”

Among the many signs that will mark Jesus presence mentioned by Jesus in Matthew chapter 24, we have this is verse 13 -

13 But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved.

and verse 21 -

21 for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. 22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.

Do you notice that the event in both Daniel and Matthew have great similarity? Daniel says its "Michael the great Prince". Jesus say its himself at the time of his presence. Well, you already know that this same Michael is the Arch Angel.

The Word "Arch" Means "Foremost". "Angel" means "Messenger". As the first creation of God, Jesus became the foremost messenger or Angel of God before he came to earth. Confirm this in Colossians 1: 15 - 18

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; 16 because by means of him all [other] things were created in the heavens and upon the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, no matter whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All [other] things have been created through him and for him. 17 Also, he is before all [other] things and by means of him all [other] things were made to exist, 18 and he is the head of the body, the congregation. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that he might become the one who is first in all things;

I hope this answers your questions although it a different topic from what is under consideration. Thanks
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by stillgrds(m): 6:11pm On Feb 12, 2010
Hello MyJoe,
is it likely your are a free-thinker? Its interesting because I used to be one. To answer your questions, It would have been nice to be face to face with you.(May be impossible for now). However, may I know the following if you care to give me the answers;

1. Do you believe a creator exists?

2. Manufacturer make instruction manuals for their products. if you believe in a creator, do you thinks he has provided a means for us to guide of steps in life? If he has, what do you think that means is?

3. I used to be a free thinker because I wanted to shield myself from a sense of responsibility to God. Do you feel that way too?

4. Are you of science background or social/art background?

We may have to deal with question via email. You have a right not to answer the questions if you feel so.

My email - c.stillgrounds@gmail.com
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by meandyou00(m): 6:48am On Feb 13, 2010
@chukwudi @dios

are u witnesses @ all?? quit d argument . . .let them go 2 a kingdom hall if they want more info

afterall the god of this system of things has blinded their eyes. .so that the glorious illumination might not shine through.

listen to Eminem's song RENEGADE: "take a bath with the catholics , in holy water, no wonder they try to hold me under longer"

no beef, but they aint tru xtians . . imagine. its d pope that blesses d soldiers. hav u seen witnesses engage in warfare

am out. its saturday mrng and am going out for field service!!!
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by tlfacts: 6:05pm On Feb 13, 2010
Source: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews+1%3A13-14&version=NIV

Hebrews 1:13-14 (New International Version)
13 To which of the angels did God ever say, "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet" 14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Footnotes:
Hebrews 1:13 and Psalm 110:1

Conclusion from the above: Jesus is not Angel Michael.
www.exjws.net
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by waleski(m): 7:13pm On Feb 13, 2010
People are trying oh at poster above why wil someone go through great length 2 bash jw by creating a website if i were u i wuld cal a jw nd ask him ur questions cause u sound confused nd av been fed propaganda.2 d jw in d house real lifexperience has shown dat smpeople wil nt agree with us nomatter wat has been said dat iswhy we dnt get into agruments if smone does nt agree with d beliefs den leave him nr her alone jesus himself did nt convert everybody he preached to some tot he said rubbish so lets leave d matter d world does nt like it wen someone is different nd that is hw it is with jw
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by MyJoe: 2:16pm On Feb 16, 2010
@stillgrds
Have not come online since Friday, my apologies.

You did not answer my simple questions. Why? I see they were not what you expected - it appears you Witnesses always think you have it all so wrapped up. But you should have provided answers as you see fit.  I am open minded to the truth and should recognise it if it hits me. I do not engage in circular arguments and will discuss in intellectual honesty since I do not have a holy writ to defend but is merely inquiring into those of others.

I prefer to interact with you here so others can read and discover what your religion offers and does not - the truth or otherwise. If you want some intellectual honesty and have no specific objections to interacting here, I will opt for it.

Let me answer some of your questions.

stillgrds:
Hello MyJoe,
is it likely your are a free-thinker? Its interesting because I used to be one. To answer your questions, It would have been nice to be face to face with you.(May be impossible for now). However, may I know the following if you care to give me the answers;

1. Do you believe a creator exists?
Yes

stillgrds:
2. Manufacturer make instruction manuals for their products. if you believe in a creator, do you thinks he has provided a means for us to guide of steps in life? If he has, what do you think that means is?
Our conscience, first and foremost. The Bible agrees.

stillgrds:
3. I used to be a free thinker because I wanted to shield myself from a sense of responsibility to God. Do you feel that way too?
This argument is shallow, annoying and of no use. I probably take my responsibilities to God and neighbours more seriously than you do. I suggest you google up "country facts" about the atheistic countries of the world and compare their crime and corruption indexes to your Bible chewing, spirit filled societies. After reading come back and tell me if you still think "freethinkers" are the ones running from responsibility or religious people are the ones more likely to act irresponsible since they expect God to clear up their mess after them and have no qualms living as it pleases since they do not see God standing over their shoulders, anyway.

stillgrds:
4. Are you of science background or social/art background?

We may have to deal with question via email. You have a right not to answer the questions if you feel so.

My email -  c.stillgrounds@gmail.com

It is my findings that the entire body of JW doctrine is based, almost entirely, on the tradition of men.  If you would like this discussion to proceed, I will open a new thread where we can discuss the issues that have been raised:
1.  The issue of human tradition in Christianity
2.  JW as the "true religion"
3.  Bible interpretation, the The New World Translation and the JW
and (if you are comfortable with it)
4. An analysis of the Jehovah's Witnesses faith.

And maybe the Bible - the idea that it is complete and without errors.
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by knowledge4(m): 10:39am On Apr 17, 2012
I am not a Jehovah Witness member.Stating my denomination here is totally unnecessary.
Christianity is not really about denominations because there are no denominations in Heaven.Entrance into God's kingdom is not determined by one's christian domination on Earth.We shall be judged by our compliance with the Word of God.The Word of God(The Bible) has its own doctrines and beliefs which make up the true Christian faith.
I am a student of Comparative Religion and understand the doctrinal basis of most of the christian sects or denominations and some of the other religions.That is in comparison with the doctrines of the Bible.
The Jehovah Witnesses(JW) is a false christian sect.its doctrines are at total variance with the true doctrines of the Bible.
The J.W was founded by Charles Tassel Russel(1852-1916) and were known as the Russelites until 1931 when the name Jehovah Witnesses was adopted. They have numerous publication but the major ones are the Watchtower Bible,Watchtower Magazine and Awake.
Their assembly is known as kingdom halls.They believe that all religions,churches and governments are organizations controlled by Satan.Their doctrines are at total variance with the doctrines of the Bible.

Examples are:

The JW deny the Deity of Christ saying that the Christ is the archangel Michael,therefore a created being and not God and no virgin birth.The Bible refuttal is clearly stated in Micah 5:2,John 1:1,John 10:30,Phil 2:5-7

The JW deny the personality of the Holy Spirit. they say that the Holy Spirit is not a person but an ''active force'',not God in their JW Bible.The Bible refuttal is Zech 4:6,John16:5-7,Acts 5:3-4,1 Corinth 3:16

The JW deny the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ saying that he resurrected only in the spirit
The Bible refutes this wrong doctrine in Luke 24:36-46,Acts 2:23-32,1 Corinth 15

The JW deny the existence of a Hell and the eternal punishment of the wicked and say that the soul of Man is mortal
The Bible refuttal is in Isaiah 66:24,Matthew 25:46,Mark 9:43,Rev 14:9-11,Rev 19:2-3,Rev 20:10-15

The JW deny the Trinity which the Bible affirms in 1 John 5:7. If you read the Bible's 1 John 5:7,the content is different from that of the JW Bible's 1 John 5:7. The JW Bible's 1 John 5:7 is a polluted or distorted version of the Bible's 1 John 5:7

The Bible curses anyone who adds to,or removes from the Bible in order to distort its messages (Revelations 22:18-19)
As it is established now that the foundation of the JW is false & their doctrines are false and at variance with the true doctrines of the true Christian faith,then everything about them is totally false.Arguments are unnecessary.

On the above,i stand to be corrected by any JW member who can provide solid,incontestable facts to the contrary, not sentiments.

The Catholics too are a false Christian group that have too many distorted versions of the true doctrines of the Bible. There are at least 30 of them but i will state three of the false doctrines here

1)The Catholics believe that there is a place called Purgatory after death,which exists for the expiation of the venial sins of believers. That the souls detained in Purgatory can be helped by the suffrages of the Catholic faithful (Creed of Pope Pius IV.Art 6)
That the souls that will go to Purgatory are those who ''depart with venial sins or that have not fully paid the debt of temporal punishment...''(The Cathechism 107)
The Bible refuttal is in 1 John 1:7,John1:29,Acts 4:12 which affirms very clearly that there is only one mode of expiation which is by the Blood of Jesus Christ.

2)The Catholics believe that some sins do not deserve the wrath of God.They claim that such sins are venial sins and do not incur spiritual death to the soul.their examples of ''venial sins'' include lying and stealing small things.(Dens Theologia,tom 1&De Peccatis No.154)
The Bible states that every sin deserves the wrath of God(Romans 6:23)(Gal 3:10)(Ezekiel 18:20)
Revelation 21:8 states that all liars will have their part in the lake of fire

3)The Catholics believe that the Church of Rome is infallible,that ''the Pope cannot err and is infallible in defining matters of faith and morals...''.The dogma of Papal infallibility was defined at the Vatican Council which states that anyone contradicting this is a heretic.(Pope Pius X Compedium)(Cathechism of the Council of Trent,Ques Xvii,Part 1,p.100.

The Bible states that no person or church on earth is infallible.(Ezekiel 7:26)(Isaiah 56:10)(Acts 20:29-30)(1Tim4:12)(Matthew 15:14)(2 Thess 2:3-4)

Submission: The Catholics and The Jehovah Witnesses are false christian sects which doctrines are at variance with the doctrines of the true christian faith.If any Catholic or JW can dispute the facts above with solidly grounded and undeniable facts devoid of sentiments,you are welcome.
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by universe863: 4:43pm On Jul 06, 2016
NO BODY SHOULD CLAIM ANY RELIGION, BETTER IT I ADVISE ALL TO FIND OUT WHAT IS THE TRUTH BY MAKING RESEARCH. EVEN IF U R A JW SIT DOWN AND ASK A CATHOLIC WHAT THEIR BELIEF IS. THE SAME FOR CATHOLICS ASK A JW WHAT THEIR BELIEF IS WHEN U HAVE REAL UNDERSTANDING COMEBACK AND TELL US AL, WE WIL LOVE TO HEAR.
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by universe863: 5:40pm On Jul 06, 2016
I AV COME TO FIND OUT THAT THE JW ARE ONLY PREACHING AND TEACHING FROM THE BIBLE. BCUS 4 ME AL D QUESTION I ASJ THEM THEY REFER ME TO THE BIBLE, WHICH IM SURE DAT EVERYBODY HEAR WANTS. CAN ANYBODY DENY DIS SCRIPTURES? IF U CAN PLS USE UR BIBLE : PSALM 37:9,10,11 AND 39, GENESIS 3:19, ECCLESIASTES 3:19 AND 20, REVELATION 21:4, PSALM 83:18, EXODUS 20:4,5 AND 6 MATTHEW 5:5, MATTHEW 6:9 ND 10 MATTHEW 24:14. IF YOU CLAIM DAT YOU ARE THE TRUE RELIGION DEN U MUST BELIEVE DIS FEW PORTIONS OF D BIBLE, AND YOU MUST BE FACING DIS NOW, READ MATTHEW 10:21 ND 22. IF NO DEN U R FALSE, ND NID TO BE QUICK TO FIND THE TRUE RELIGION. WE ARE ALREADY IN THE LAST DAYS ND IM NT BEGGIN U TO BLIVE DIS, IT IS UR CHOICE TO KNOW OR NOT MATTHEW 24:7 ND 8. VERSE 9 IDENTIFIES THE TRUE RELIGION.
Re: What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have Against Catholics by Amuspheric: 5:10am On Feb 25, 2017
I've been reading and decided to make an account and say something:

1) the Roman emperor Constantine was in fact pagan AT FIRST, until converting to the Catholic Church by winning a war with the Greek abbreviation for Jesus Christ (I forgot the specific name).

2) Let me say this as an ultimatum on the subject; Catholics do NOT worship saints or Mary, do NOT pray directly towards saints or Mary, but DO ask for intercession in their prayers in heaven. If anyone argues otherwise, then they clearly do not know the Catholic teaching.

3) Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons are the two more prominent non-christians who believe in God as a singular person. They do not believe in the Trinity, which is a required Christian belief to be concidered Christian.

Please keep this in mind, I may have revived an argument from a while back.

(1) (2) (Reply)

TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University / 10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life / Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.