Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,059 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. (23857 Views)

Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). / 5weeks, 7weeks Gsd Puppies Available(both Sex) / 5weeks Old Boerboel Pups For Sale, Pics! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by henrydan(m): 10:25pm On Nov 28, 2014
Very healthy Ostrich birds(Adult and chicks) available for sale and we're giving it away with a huge discounted price.
Call or Whatsapp me on:07060857364
We ship to any part of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by yuncka: 11:31pm On Nov 28, 2014
Xmas stew on ma mind.

1 Like

Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by henrydan(m): 8:47am On Nov 29, 2014
Ostrich Facts

The ostrich belongs to the Ratite family of birds.
The male ostrich is called a rooster while a female
ostrich is called a hen.
One of the most well known ostrich facts is that an
ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain, and that the
ostrich eye measures almost two incheswide,
which makes it the largest eye of any land animal.
The ostrich is the largest and heaviest living bird in
the world.

This bird is a flightless bird.

An ostrich can live for almost fifty years.

Ostrich habitat varies and though they were
initially found in abundance in Africa and Asia
minor, they are now mostly found in the Savannah
region and in certain parts of Africa.

Female ostriches have the uncanny ability to
recognize her own eggs, even if they are mixed with
those of other females in their communal nest.

An ostrich hen can lay between forty to hundred
eggs in one year. One ostrich egg weighs 1600
grams, which is equivalent to the weight of about
twenty-four chicken eggs and takes two hours to
hard boil. An ostrich's egg hatches in forty-two
days.

Ostriches are very powerful birds; so much so,
that a single kick to a predator, like a lion or a tiger,
could prove to be fatal.

Ostriches can run at a pace of up to 70km/hr (40
mph). Thus, they can outrun most land predators
such as lions, leopards and hyenas.
A fully grown ostrich has one of the strongest and
most advanced immune systems known to
mankind.

One of the most interesting ostrich facts is that
despite being a flightless bird, ostriches have wings
which serve many other purposes. Ostriches hold
their wings out to help them maintain their balance
when they run, which specially comes in handy if
they suddenly change direction. However, the main
purpose of their wings is to display them, along
with their tail feathers during courtship. To show
dominance, an ostrich holds its head up high and
lifts its wings and its tail feathers. To show
submission, the head, wings and tail droop down.
One of the most common ostrich myths is that
ostriches bury their head in the sand. This isn't true
as ostriches do not bury their head in the sand.
When an ostrich senses danger and cannot run
away, it flops to the ground and remains still with
its head and neck flat on the ground in front of it.
As the head and neck are light colored, they seem
to blend in with the soil which makes it look like the
ostrich has buried its head in the sand.

Ostrich meat resembles beef in its appearance and
is cooked in a similar manner as that of beef. This
meat is very low in cholesterol and calories and is
almost free of fat.

If you're wondering as to what do ostriches eat,
then you need to understand that ostriches are
omnivores and they eat whatever is available in
their habitat at different times of the year. They
mostly eat plants, especially the roots, seeds and
leaves. These flightless birds also enjoy munching
on insects like locusts and small animals like
lizards.
One of the most amazing ostrich facts is that they
do not actually need to drink water! They get
adequate amount of water from the plants they eat,
although they will drink water if they reach a pond
or a water hole.

Ostriches prefer to live in groups which helps
them to keep predators at bay. Due to their long
necks and keen vision, they can see long distances
and so can spot any kind of threat or danger from a
distance.

Ostriches produce the strongest commercially
available leather in the world and have some of the
most sough after feathers.

The ostrich has only two toes on each feet, which
helps give it more speed while running.

6 Likes

Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by Mckandre(m): 10:56am On Nov 29, 2014
beautiful... what's The asking price?
Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by henrydan(m): 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2014
[qÐduote author=Mckandre post=2844d031d7]beautdiful... what's The asking price? [/quote]Ð

I don't usually do this...
200K-5weeks(a pair)
320K-8months(a pair)
Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by henrydan(m): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2014
Mckandre:
beautiful... what's The asking price?
Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by henrydan(m): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2014
[qÐduote author=Mckandre post=2844d031d7]beautdiful... what's The asking price? [/quote]Ð

200K-5weeks(a pair)
320K-8months(a pair)
Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by hahn(m): 4:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
henrydan:
[qÐduote author=Mckandre post=2844d031d7]beautdiful... what's The asking price? Ð

200K-5weeks(a pair)
320K-8months(a pair)

Not beans
Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by gowaga68: 12:31am On Dec 26, 2014
We've got to talk.will whatsapp you tomorrow.
Merry Xmas!
Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by benuejosh: 11:33am On Jan 03, 2015
henrydan:
Very healthy Ostrich birds(Adult and chicks) available for sale and we're giving it away with a huge discounted price.
Start a lives stock farm soon, will save your details contact you when its time. aside hat i love to have them at home.
Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by henrydan(m): 7:15am On Jan 04, 2015
benuejosh:
Start a lives stock farm soon, will save your details contact you when its time. aside hat i love to have them at home.

Anytime bro...I'm always available.
Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by gowaga68: 8:50am On Jan 04, 2015
Guy, I kept calling your line sometimes ago but it wasn't going through. Na wa o.
Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by xreal: 11:58am On Jan 04, 2015
I hope to have these soon.
Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by WhoBeThisMan: 6:21am On May 28, 2015
Do you still have in stock? If yes where are you located?

Does the meat taste like beef? Adn in ur opinion can it be used as a beef alternative in the market?
Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by WhoBeThisMan: 6:22am On May 28, 2015
henrydan:
Do you still have in stock? If yes where are you located?

Does the meat taste like beef? Adn in ur opinion can it be used as a beef alternative in the market?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by cornerstonefarm: 3:49am On May 29, 2015
I have a very healthy and active 2years old Ostrich available for sale. if you are interested
Here is my contact 08137790717

1 Like

Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by lanrenzo(m): 12:57am On May 30, 2015
Attention everyone, I will advise you all to be very careful as not to be swindled. I perceive this Henrydan guy to be a scammer. I own the pix and av the link of the ostriches he posed to have. Just be careful in your own interest. Cheers

4 Likes

Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by henrydan(m): 2:32pm On Sep 26, 2015
lanrenzo:
Attention everyone, I will advise you all to be very careful as not to be swindled. I perceive this Henrydan guy to be a scammer. I own the pix and av the link of the ostriches he posed to have. Just be careful in your own interest. Cheers

You are the biggest fool from the pit of hell...Animal.
Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by henrydan(m): 3:13pm On Sep 26, 2015
I have 6months old Ostrich birds as well as 1yr olds available.
My contact number: 07060857364
I also have geese,Emu,Swan and Peacocks too. lest i forget,i only deal with serious buyers, and i mean SERIOUS BUYERS only

Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by hahn(m): 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2015
How long do you need to rear the ostrich before it becomes "ripe"? wink

Since it can run fast, I have to assume that it is necessary to build a spacious cage for it, right?

1 Like

Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by RipeOstriches: 10:34pm On Feb 18, 2017
Hello there, me and my co-workers are searching for the perfect ostrich for our friends birthday present. You see, he absolutely adores ostriches cheesy we are looking for an ostrich around the size of a small letter box as the intend mail the ostrich to his flat. If you know of an ostrich that will fit the dimensions that we require, please write back asap wink many thanks kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 02, 2019
whobethisman:
Do you still have in stock? If yes where are you located?Does the meat taste like beef? Adn in ur opinion can it be used as a beef alternative in the market?

Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by Birat(m): 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2019
Please where can I get the birds now. Phone number and state
Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by henrydan(m): 2:11pm On Jan 26, 2021
3 weeks old Ostrich available.
Ostrich are very rare birds, don't be conned by anyone. I remain the only reputable Ostrich seller here on NL. Call me on 07060857364 for more info.
Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by henrydan(m): 10:28pm On Apr 07, 2021
Ostrich Chicks and semi adults now available.
Hyena cubs available
Baby Elephants available
Lion Cubs Available

Send me a message on WhatsApp (07054864963)
For phone calls, you can reach me on 07060857364

PS: I get them all from the North, my base is Port Harcourt, if you're a serious buyer and not a time waster then we can strike a deal. All negotiable.

Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by Obakovicho: 3:16pm On Dec 09, 2021
Do u have ostrich, peacock
Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by olabanji203: 6:08am On Dec 12, 2021
okay
Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 12, 2021
I need a cheetah cub
Re: 8months And 5weeks Old Ostrich Birds Available For Sale. by henrydan(m): 7:03pm On Dec 16, 2021
Peacocks and Peafowls available
Talking Grey Parrots available too.

(1) (Reply)

What's The Breed Name For Our Local Dogs? / Can I Cook Weed (igbo) For My Dog To Be Aggressive / Help, My Dogs Are Dying!!! 4 Dogs In 2 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.