Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). (3429 Views)

Check Out These Lovely Rott Puppies At 5weeks Old / 5weeks, 7weeks Gsd Puppies Available(both Sex) / 5weeks Old Boerboel Pups For Sale, Pics! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by wunmi590(m): 8:32am On Apr 13, 2015
Good morning, I want the house to help me and my fiancée.

Zara have refused to eat the food we gave her, she just sniff at it and walk away, and am scared because she's loosing weight. The food we gave her is indomie and Jojo can food, but she has refused to eat them, she was eating them before she stopped yesterday. I intend getting her another can food today, but my fear is that I don't want her to ignore them again, which may results to wastage.

But i think Zara is too active for her age, she hunts for snails herself and eat them raw.

She also bark often in the middle of the night disturbing the whole neighborhood with her noise, but one thing I observed is that she does that also early morning so Immediately I open her to come out she just jump at me and start playing and following me all around and ignoring her food.

Another concern now is that she's getting to know me more than the original owner which is my fiancée.

C- seun
Prodeegee
Chucky234
Magpies
Deeptesting
Oluomoadebayo
Bountydog

And others who can contribute.

Thanks

Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by remmyagun: 8:41am On Apr 13, 2015
Don't stress ursef gettin anoda can food, give ur dog like 3 boiled eggs, he shld eat dat, then goin forward, mix his food wit boiled egg or smoked fish. With time u can stop that and give it just d food. Pls let me get feedback on d boiled egg. All d best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by wunmi590(m): 8:43am On Apr 13, 2015
remmyagun:
Don't stress ursef gettin anoda can food, give ur dog like 3 boiled eggs, he shld eat dat, then goin forward, mix his food wit boiled egg or smoked fish. With time u can stop that and give it just d food. Pls let me get feedback on d boiled egg. All d best

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your quick response, I would do that now and get back to you.
Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by knyte(m): 9:07am On Apr 13, 2015
wunmi590:
Good morning, I want the house to help me and my fiancée.

Zara have refused to eat the food we gave her, she just sniff at it and walk away, and am scared because she's loosing weight. The food we gave her is indomie and Jojo can food, but she has refused to eat them, she was eating them before she stopped yesterday. I intend getting her another can food today, but my fear is that I don't want her to ignore them again, which may results to wastage.

But i think Zara is too active for her age, she hunts for snails herself and eat them raw.

She also bark often in the middle of the night disturbing the whole neighborhood with her noise, but one thing I observed is that she does that also early morning so Immediately I open her to come out she just jump at me and start playing and following me all around and ignoring her food.

Another concern now is that she's getting to know me more than the original owner which is my fiancée.

C- seun
Prodeegee
Chucky234
Magpies
Deeptesting
Oluomoadebayo
Bountydog

And others who can contribute.

Thanks

Yea eggs shld do, if u can get a pet shop arnd try getting a dry feed nd lil by lil incorporate it into the eggs too.. Gsds av this issue being picky eaters especially at a young age. Wld advice to get a small portion of arion puppy gsds av a thing for it. The pet shop shld sell in small bags so u can test her with that first before going ahead to buy the 15kg bag

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by wunmi590(m): 9:11am On Apr 13, 2015
knyte:

Yea eggs shld do, if u can get a pet shop arnd try getting a dry feed nd lil by lil incorporate it into the eggs too.. Gsds av this issue being picky eaters especially at a young age. Wld advice to get a small portion of arion puppy gsds av a thing for it. The pet shop shld sell in small bags so u can test her with that first before going ahead to buy the 15kg bag

Thanks so much, I would also try it and give you feed back
Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by BOUNTYDOG(m): 9:15am On Apr 13, 2015
Once ur dog especially puppy refuses to eat his meal,try observing to be sure its not a sign of illness by giving him ur own food like a piece of meat or get an iced wish boiled for him and if he refuses to take that,you will need to get him to a god vet ASAP.
Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by knyte(m): 9:15am On Apr 13, 2015
wunmi590:

Thanks so much, I would also try it and give you feed back

I'll be looking forward to that, u can also start gvin her multivitamins..would recommend vetzyme

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by BOUNTYDOG(m): 9:17am On Apr 13, 2015
Once ur dog especially puppy refuses to eat his meal,try observing to be sure its not a sign of illness by giving him ur own food like a piece of meat or get an iced wish boiled for him and if he refuses to take that,you will need to get him to a good vet ASAP.
But if he does eat that,then maybe he is picky.I normally advice feeding a pup on dry food as this will eliminate the issue of wasting can food or contamination.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by wunmi590(m): 9:57am On Apr 13, 2015
remmyagun:

I just did what you told me, but what I discvered was that she was only eating the boiled egg and the smoke fish only ignoring the other foods
Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by wunmi590(m): 10:01am On Apr 13, 2015
BOUNTYDOG:
Once ur dog especially puppy refuses to eat his meal,try observing to be sure its not a sign of illness by giving him ur own food like a piece of meat or get an iced wish boiled for him and if he refuses to take that,you will need to get him to a good vet ASAP.
But if he does eat that,then maybe he is picky.I normally advice feeding a pup on dry food as this will eliminate the issue of wasting can food or contamination.

Thanks so much for your response, have been able to do what some people told me to do this morning, but I discovered that she's only eating the boiled egg and smoke fish only, please I would not mind if you can recomend anthr dry food. Thanks
Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by mayorall(m): 2:29pm On Apr 13, 2015
wunmi590:

Thanks so much for your response, have been able to do what some people told me to do this morning, but I discovered that she's only eating the boiled egg and smoke fish only, please I would not mind if you can recomend anthr dry food. Thanks

That means you didn't mix the food well.

You cut the fish like sands. The dog will only feel the smell, he won't be able to pick it. Also don't scare your dog with bowl of food. A cup of dry food is ok. Add more when she finished the one in his/her bowl.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by KingAfo(m): 2:44pm On Apr 13, 2015
for me i reckon you have an active dog, and thats the main thing. you can change its food or dont serve him hot..just find your way around it..Not a big deal..its normal

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by tdayof(m): 3:26pm On Apr 13, 2015
remmyagun:
gbam that's it.. What's with dog and egg?

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by wunmi590(m): 4:04pm On Apr 13, 2015
mayorall:

That means you didn't mix the food well.

You cut the fish like sands. The dog will only feel the smell, he won't be able to pick it. Also don't scare your dog with bowl of food. A cup of dry food is ok. Add more when she finished the one in his/her bowl.

I did mix them very well, I just don't know why she's not eating them. But I would keep yoou posted how she fearing
Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by wunmi590(m): 4:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
KingAfo:
for me i reckon you have an active dog, and thats the main thing. you can change its food or dont serve him hot..just find your way around it..Not a big deal..its normal

Thanks
Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by Prodeegee(m): 4:32pm On Apr 13, 2015
now i really think you need a vet and not nairalanders for advice else you'll be misled. what works for tom's dog might kill harry's dog. the issue of feeding your dogs egg because it isnt eating might be good on one part, but still is dangerous. remember eggs contain alot of cholesterol and too much of it can get your dog sick.

your dog might not eat due to presence of worms or some kind of illness. you should look into that before looking for other food suplements. you should try antibiotics too.

if you keep coming to nairaland for help, you might get lost in the various and diverse ways people have brought up their dog. register your dog with a vet and you'll get free advice that'l help you and your dog.

my 2cents

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by wunmi590(m): 5:35pm On Apr 13, 2015
Prodeegee:
now i really think you need a vet and not nairalanders for advice else you'll be misled. what works for tom's dog might kill harry's dog. the issue of feeding your dogs egg because it isnt eating might be good on one part, but still is dangerous. remember eggs contain alot of cholesterol and too much of it can get your dog sick.

your dog might not eat due to presence of worms or some kind of illness. you should look into that before looking for other food suplements. you should try antibiotics too.

if you keep coming to nairaland for help, you might get lost in the various and diverse ways people have brought up their dog. register your dog with a vet and you'll get free advice that'l help you and your dog.

my 2cents

Thanks very much.
Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 13, 2015
is that 5 weeks old?

that dog is just like Rayance.
very picky.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by wunmi590(m): 8:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
sledjama:
is that 5 weeks old?

that dog is just like Rayance.
very picky.

Yes she is 5week old
Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 13, 2015
wunmi590:

Yes she is 5week old

pls verify the actual dob, 5 weeks old here http://www.vomwunderhund.com/german_shepherds/puppies_03.php
maybe you mean 5 months
Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by doeying(m): 2:32am On Apr 14, 2015
well,,,i am sure you have sorted out the food issue,,,,,please the next is the cage,,,if i am right, that wood shackle over there is the cage ....what i can see is a poorly constructed improvised wet cage that can cause a lot of damage to your dogs health, ....except i am wrong and that is not the cage...for which i am sorry

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by wunmi590(m): 7:58pm On Apr 14, 2015
doeying:
well,,,i am sure you have sorted out the food issue,,,,,please the next is the cage,,,if i am right, that wood shackle over there is the cage ....what i can see is a poorly constructed improvised wet cage that can cause a lot of damage to your dogs health, ....except i am wrong and that is not the cage...for which i am sorry

Thanks very much for yur observatioon, the cage is just for the main time, as that's not her permanent place, as I have said the dog is for my fiance, and is in her school presently, immediatly she finished with what she want to use the dog for, she's taking her home and be given a better house.

Cheers
Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by mayorall(m): 12:45am On Apr 15, 2015
wunmi590:

Yes she is 5week old

Chai. Oga you wicked small anyway.

You should have stated the age.

Warm little water.

pour it into the dry food and make it soft

Add powdered milk

stir and make sure the liquid is mixed in such a way the dog won't just take the milk and go. You have to mix it thoroughly with the food sample.

Also have you dewormed the dog?

Has he/she taken her vaccine

Is she registered with any vet?.

Bad habit :

Don't allow her to fend for herself

She shouldn't hunt snails to eat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by wunmi590(m): 1:02am On Apr 15, 2015
mayorall:

Chai. Oga you wicked small anyway.

You should have stated the age.

Warm little water.

pour it into the dry food and make it soft

Add powdered milk

stir and make sure the liquid is mixed in such a way the dog won't just take the milk and go. You have to mix it thoroughly with the food sample.

Also have you dewormed the dog?

Has he/she taken her vaccine

Is she registered with any vet?.

Bad habit :

Don't allow her to fend for herself

She shouldn't hunt snails to eat.

Thanks for the advice.

According to where they bought her (Zara) they said she's 5weeks old

She have been registered

She have been dewormed

Yes she was just vaccinated on monday, which the next is in two weeks time.

For the snail, anytime I see it with her I collect it immediatly from her, but she's too playful and aggressive as a female, so we called the seller he said the father of the dog was a security dog, so I think she inherite that trait from her father.

Cheers
Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by BOUNTYDOG(m): 9:02am On Apr 15, 2015
wunmi590:

Yes she is 5week old

How old was she when she left her parent and how long has she been with you for?

Try to isolate ur pup,and let her loose only when you are around to observe her,pups can be v playful and in their exploits dey can pick up any harmful things to their systems.
The vaccines should not be taken for granted @ 4wks intervals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by wunmi590(m): 9:39am On Apr 15, 2015
BOUNTYDOG:

How old was she when she left her parent and how long has she been with you for?

Try to isolate ur pup,and let her loose only when you are around to observe her,pups can be v playful and in their exploits dey can pick up any harmful things to their systems.
The vaccines should not be taken for granted @ 4wks intervals.

Thanks so much for your contribution so far, I can't just stop thanking you guys for your frequent comment.

According to the seller he said she was 5weeks old, when we took her last week thursday.

Yes I always loose her whenever am around with her, but the problem is that she likes being around with me to play with her and she's very very aggressive, but still play with the neighbors.

But when I lock her in her cage she would just start barking and shouting as if she's being attacked by a dangerous things, but only does that just because she does not want to stay in the cage and she wants to stay and play with me, so I got her her ball this morning a "tennis ball", that's what she has been playing with since morning. She so loved the ball, she's sleeping now with the ball beside her grin

According to the vet, she said every two weeks, so her next visitation would be next two weeks because she just got vaccinated this monday.
Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by wunmi590(m): 4:35pm On Apr 16, 2015
Finally Zara got herself a dry food of her choice "Bob Martin" which she has been taking since tuesday.

I want to say thank you all for your support and your kind advice, she's super active, sharp.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by knyte(m): 9:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
wunmi590:
Finally Zara got herself a dry food of her choice "Bob Martin" which she has been taking since tuesday.

I want to say thank you all for your support and your kind advice, she's super active, sharp.

Glad u've found smtin that she works with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 16, 2015
just check that it says it is for large breeds.
i already got my arion before realizing i bought one for medium sized breeds.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by deeptesting(m): 10:19pm On Apr 16, 2015
Sorry, i got here a bit late.
I will suggest you get Glucose and add to Zara`s water it will really boost his energy level and also you may also buy Abidec which is a multivitamin to boost his appetite. The Abidec should come in after you have discovered the reason behind his poor appetite.

However, the Glucose is compulsory.
Do some digging to know why Zara is not eating and if it does not improve please consult your Vet.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by wunmi590(m): 8:17am On Apr 17, 2015
deeptesting:
Sorry, i got here a bit late.
I will suggest you get Glucose and add to Zara`s water it will really boost his energy level and also you may also buy Abidec which is a multivitamin to boost his appetite. The Abidec should come in after you have discovered the reason behind his poor appetite.

However, the Glucose is compulsory.
Do some digging to know why Zara is not eating and if it does not improve please consult your Vet.

Thanks very much sir for yur reply, I guess the reason why she has refused to eat was just because she has not gotten her kind of food, but now, she's now eating very well, but I would do what you asked me to do about the glucose.

How is cooper feeling sir, I guess great?
Cheers
Re: Please Help My Fiancee 5weeks Old GSD (zara). by wunmi590(m): 8:28am On Apr 17, 2015
sledjama:
just check that it says it is for large breeds.
i already got my arion before realizing i bought one for medium sized breeds.

The "Bob Martin" I bought is for puppies, they are of two type, for puppy and for adult, so she's not eating the adult, she's only eating the one of puppy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Black" at a Month Old; Let's watch her grow and transform / She Finally Came On Heat After 2years / The Alugalug Cat- Cat Who Inspired Musicians World Over (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.