Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,932 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (657918 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 30, 2017
This convo sums it all up pretty much:

The NATO charter specifies and requires the member nations to pay/contribute 2% of their GDP to fund NATO. None of the NATO countries have done this for decades except for the US. Is it automatically wrong for someone /anyone to say that the nations must fund to the required levels? Should the rest of the world be allowed to avoid their obligations and have the US taxpayers cover their costs and financial obligations? There is no "free lunch".

Not sure which Charter you mean; the Washington Treaty makes no such mention, nor is there any such firm requirement written anywhere in any formal NATO agreement - - if you can find such a requirement, please tell me where it is.

But you're right in that the "free rider" problem has existed for decades, as Goldgeier also points out, but then this issue of our out-spending of all other military allies has existed since World War 2. Furthermore, we American taxpayers seem to like it that way - - otherwise, this trend would have ended not long after it began, right? Not only do we spend more than all other allies - - combined - - but we also seem to like having those bloated annual defense budgets, right? Do we really need to spend $618bn.+ on defense this year to keep our nation (and our allies) secure? In fact, no other nation in the world is either willing or able to provide the lion's share of the "arsenal for democracy", and what has it gotten us since World War 2? It has only bought us unprecedented peace and security, and same for our Allies - - no nation, not even the much larger, much stronger and much nastier Soviet Union - - has ever dared to bother one of us. To my reckoning, no taxpayers have ever gotten a better deal - - in the history of taxpayers.

Now if you review the actual NATO agreement on defense spending targets, as found in Article 14 of the 2014 Wales Summit Declaration (and pay close attention to the bullet points), then you'll be in for a big surprise: NATO allies agreed to 'AIM TOWARD the 2% guideline... WITHIN A DECADE', which is very different - - in both letter and spirit - - from Trump's stated expectation that allies 'HIT THE TARGET NOW... OR ELSE'. So from the formal agreement, Allies have a full decade in which to "move toward" the spending target - - NATO made this language deliberately casual; if Trump wants to make the agreement 'HIT THE TARGET NOW', he can negotiate accordingly. But I doubt he will...
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by KratosCorp: 9:46pm On May 30, 2017
Good.

seunmsg:

shocked shocked shocked oga, what exactly are you saying? I got lost right from the second paragraph.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 30, 2017
seunmsg:

shocked shocked shocked oga, what exactly are you saying? I got lost right from the second paragraph.

if you cant dazzle em with intelligence, baffle them with bullshit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by KratosCorp: 9:56pm On May 30, 2017
Gosh! cheesy

So I'm now supposed to be arguing with someone who reads "globalists in the EU" as "EU countries"?

You just proved me right on the pure madness thing.

Mindfulness:

Here it is:

Don't take off your panties again - in despair. grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 30, 2017
KratosCorp:
Gosh! cheesy

So I'm now supposed to be arguing with someone who reads "globalists in the EU" as "EU countries"?

You just proved me right on the pure madness thing.

context matters and it has been saved for future reference. gringrin
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by KratosCorp: 10:05pm On May 30, 2017
Future reference with a pinch of "had I known" from you, hopefully.

Mindfulness:

context matters and it has been saved for future reference. gringrin
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by TheShopKeeper(m): 10:14pm On May 30, 2017
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-lawyer-russia-investigation-michael-cohen-focus-probe-information-a7763911.html

Donald Trump's personal lawyer becomes focus of Russia investigation

The federal investigation into alleged collusion between Donald Trump’s campaign team and Moscow, has now spread to include the President’s personal lawyer.
Michael Cohen, who was previously employed by the Trump Organisation, told US media he had been asked by House and Senate investigators to provide “information and testimony” about any contacts he had with people connected to the Russian government. He said he had said down the invitation.
“I declined the invitation to participate, as the request was poorly phrased, overly broad and not capable of being answered,” he told ABC News.

The Associated Press said that a member of staff of the House Intelligence Committee said Mr Cohen had confirmed that Mr Cohen had been issued a subpoena.
After Mr  Cohen rejected the congressional requests for cooperation, the Senate Select Intelligence Committee voted unanimously to grant its chairman, Senator Richard Burr of North Carolina, and ranking Democrat Mark Warner of Virginia, blanket authority to issue subpoenas as they deemed necessary.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 30, 2017
KratosCorp:
Future reference with a pinch of "had I known" from you, hopefully.

There is no hope for you. You are sick.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 8:25am On May 31, 2017
Kathy Griffin Beheads Donald Trump in Bloody Shock Photo

Kathy Griffin posed with the severed head of President Donald Trump in a bloody photo shoot for artist and photographer Tyler Shields this week.
In one image, obtained by TMZ, the 56-year-old My Life on the D-List comedian looks directly into the camera while hoisting up Trump’s severed head, which is covered in dark red blood. According to the gossip outlet, Griffin joked during the photo shoot that she and Shields, who is known for his shocking artwork, would need to flee the country after the pictures came out, for fear of imprisonment.

Griffin has been an outspoken critic of the president; in October, the comedian and television personality cut a mock campaign advertisement which featured her repeatedly telling the then-Republican presidential candidate to “f*ck off.”
Let us take a look at her apology: “I sincerely apologize,” she said. “I’m a comic. I cross the line. I move the line and then I cross it. I went way too far. The image is way too disturbing.”

Some of the Democrats and most hard core Liberals have become radicals. They're truly dangerous. I honestly couldn't tell you what they're capable of doing anymore...SickGriffin

Their hatred is very real.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 9:26am On May 31, 2017
KratosCorp:

Reality is that Russia is merely a scape goat being victimized by the globalists. But folks are waking up. It may even suprise you that Russia is ideologically aligned with the current US administration and Millions of American citezens who voted it in. And the way things are going, the agenda of the globalits will be slowed down for a few more decades.

LoL! No it will not surprise anyone paying attention in the least bit. It will in fact confirm all the allegations that Trump is a Russian stooge.

PS: You really should stop reading conspiracy websites, they're bad for mental health.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by KratosCorp: 9:38am On May 31, 2017
You are really sick if you think that fact is conspiracy.

LordReed:

LoL! No it will not surprise anyone paying attention in the least bit. It will in fact confirm all the allegations that Trump is a Russian stooge.

PS: You really should stop reading conspiracy websites, they're bad for mental health.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 10:20am On May 31, 2017
KratosCorp:
You are really sick if you think that fact is conspiracy.

LoL not had your morning covfefe yet? Take it easy, remember to breathe.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by TheShopKeeper(m): 12:18pm On May 31, 2017
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/democrat-cory-booker-defends-jared-kushner-after-receiving-loads-of-campaign-cash/

Democrat Cory Booker received campaign cash from Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner

New Jersey Democratic Sen. Cory Booker — a potential 2020 White House contender and recipient of major campaign contributions from Jared Kushner and others in the Kushner family — declined to endorse his party's call for the White House to revoke the security clearance of the president's son-in-law.

The Democratic National Committee has called for Kushner's security clearance to be revoked after reports that he sought to set up back-channel communications with Russian officials. Similarly, Rep. Adam Schiff — the senior Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee — said Kushner's security credentials should be reviewed.

Booker refused to support those calls during an interview with CNN Sunday. Asked if supports revoking Kushner's security clearance, the New Jersey senator said: "I think we need to first get to the bottom of it. He needs to answer for what was happening at the time. It raises very serious concerns for me. And that could be a potential outcome that I seek, but I want to understand, at least hear from Jared Kushner, as well as the administration, about what was exactly going on there."

Booker also pushed back against those calling for Trump's impeachment, saying, "I'm not going to rush to impeachment."
Kushner and other donors affiliated with Kushner Cos. delivered more than $41,000 to Booker's Senate campaign in 2013, according to data compiled by PoliticalMoneyLine.c om. Politico reported that Ivanka Trump hosted a fundraiser for Booker during that election.

In 2009, Jared Kushner also gave $20,000 to Booker's Newark mayoral ticket "Booker Team for Newark," New Jersey campaign finance records show. That year, Booker attended the wedding of Kushner and Ivanka Trump.

Kushner and his family have always been Demoracts...politics is a whole messy game...
Even Trump, the darling of the Republicans used to be affiliated with Democrats...
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 12:22pm On May 31, 2017
John Sununu Savages CNN's Alisyn Camerota over Trump-Russia Reporting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq-L76J-OE8
This Conversation was so hilarious, I pitied the Female reporter

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 12:53pm On May 31, 2017
obixcel:

These libtards should know their limits when it comes to selling bullshit. It's John Sununu a man with 3 degrees from MIT and rumoured to be a MENSA she tried to pull that bullshit with.

Well thank you John for setting them straight

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 1:07pm On May 31, 2017
raumdeuter:

These libtards should know their limits when it comes to selling bullshit. It's John Sununu a man with 3 degrees from MIT and rumoured to be a MENSA she tried to pull that bullshit with.

Well thank you John for setting them straight
Hahahaha....Almost all the time they try to punch above their weight but are put to the sword. I love it.
"Alisyn Lane Camerota (The Female Reporter) is an American television journalist. She is currently co-anchoring CNN's New Day. She has co-anchored CNN Tonight, and served in many roles during a 16-year career at the Fox News Channel. Alisyn is owned by John Sununu."
[b]In May of 2017 she became the property of John Sununu

CAMEROTA: You should be concerned if there was collusion.
SUNUNU: I don’t see any evidence of collusion. Do you?
CAMEROTA: No.

LMFAO!!

Sorry, there's more:
CAMEROTA: I understand. But we’re at the beginning of the investigation

SUNUNU: You’re seven months into the investigation.

CAMEROTA: Not exactly. Robert Mueller has just taken over.

And they wonder why they're called fake news. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 2:48pm On May 31, 2017
Franken: 'Everything points to' collusion with Trump, Russia

hahaha...Everything except any shred of evidence. Keep looking, dumbocrat. By "everything" he means the zero evidence they've produced despite the full power of the State and the press trying feverishly for 7 months to land something... anything
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 4:09pm On May 31, 2017
Lucasbalo, oyb, mindfulness, LordReed, Theshopkeeper, schwarz etc, (Pardon if I mis-spelt)

No Offense, What are your takes on Kathy Griffin's recent ''Disgustful'' show directed at President Trump?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 4:56pm On May 31, 2017
Mindfulness:

It's actually Trump who should have headache with the FBI investigating his ties to Russia.

What ties exactly? There are no ties this investigation will be another waste of time. Remember the scam recount?
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 4:58pm On May 31, 2017
BREAKING NEWS: Donald J. Trump is expected to withdraw from the Paris climate agreement, which would be a significant foreign policy break with nearly every other nation on earth
grin grin grin
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 5:22pm On May 31, 2017
obixcel:

K.O

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 5:23pm On May 31, 2017
obixcel:
Lucasbalo, oyb, mindfulness, LordReed, Theshopkeeper, schwarz etc, (Pardon if I mis-spelt)

No Offense, What are your takes on Kathy Griffin's recent ''Disgustful'' show directed at President Trump?

Such things are always in poor taste and have little to no point. Whatever our "beef" with Trump is we should not be wishing him a gory death and should instead wish everything turns out ok.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 5:27pm On May 31, 2017
obixcel:
Hahahaha....Almost all the time they try to punch above their weight but are put to the sword. I love it.
"Alisyn Lane Camerota (The Female Reporter) is an American television journalist. She is currently co-anchoring CNN's New Day. She has co-anchored CNN Tonight, and served in many roles during a 16-year career at the Fox News Channel. Alisyn is owned by John Sununu."
[b]In May of 2017 she became the property of John Sununu

CAMEROTA: You should be concerned if there was collusion.
SUNUNU: I don’t see any evidence of collusion. Do you?
CAMEROTA: No.

LMFAO!!

Sorry, there's more:
CAMEROTA: I understand. But we’re at the beginning of the investigation

SUNUNU: You’re seven months into the investigation.

CAMEROTA: Not exactly. Robert Mueller has just taken over.

And they wonder why they're called fake news. grin grin grin

That's just clever rhetoric. A Special Counsel is not called if there is nothing there. It might turn out that the whole thing is not what we were expecting but then the public has the right to know.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 5:28pm On May 31, 2017
BREAKING NEWS.....

We have just learned that there is STILL NO EVIDENCE that President Donald Trump colluded in any way with any Russians during the 2016 Presidential election.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 5:30pm On May 31, 2017
Here's a thought: if Clinton had won would there have been a continuing investigation into Russian influence on the election and the possible collusion of the Trump team?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 5:36pm On May 31, 2017
Barron Trump Thought Kathy Griffin’s Photo Was Real, Started Panicking & Screaming
sad sad sad
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 5:37pm On May 31, 2017
LordReed:
Here's a thought: if Clinton had won would there have been a continuing investigation into Russian influence on the election and the possible collusion of the Trump team?

NO

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by armyofone(m): 6:35pm On May 31, 2017
I don't think Hillary would have had a smooth administration better than what is going on now anyway.
I think Trump should show he is not on the Russians side. His continually showing soft spot for them is adding to the whole issues. How can you fire Comey and same day have a meeting with the Russians?
At the end of the day, the poor man feels it.

LordReed:
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 31, 2017
stanech:

What ties exactly? There are no ties this investigation will be another waste of time. Remember the scam recount?

He asked Comey to stop the investigation and then fired him. Smells like guilt.

Like my husband, who is a criminal justice lawyer, always says "More than 80% of all people accused of a crime, deny it at the beginning until ..."
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 31, 2017
LordReed:

Another one, if Clinton fired someone investigating her, what would they say? wink
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by vedaxcool(m): 7:47pm On May 31, 2017
They making ghost busters WITH ONLY WOMEN

WHAT'S GOING ON? - Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oAOAZLhL5k
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by vedaxcool(m): 7:50pm On May 31, 2017
Double

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (539)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.