Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,015 members, 7,852,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:45 PM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (659770 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Timbuktuo: 2:39pm On Jun 08, 2017
raumdeuter:

Yes o. It was a very harmless conversation about golf, grandkids

Washington (CNN)Last year's now-infamous airport tarmac meeting between then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch and former President Bill Clinton was a crucial moment for FBI Director James Comey, he said Wednesday, marking the moment he decided that the Department of Justice was not capable of an independent investigation into Hillary Clinton.

"A number of things had gone on which I can't talk about yet, that made me worry that the department leadership could not credibly complete the investigation and decline prosecution without grievous damage to the American people's confidence in the justice system," Comey said testifying before the Senate judiciary committee.
"And then the capper was -- and I'm not picking on the attorney general, Loretta Lynch, who I like very much -- but her meeting with President Clinton on that airplane was the capper for me, and I then said, you know what, the department cannot, by itself, credibly end this," he added.
Comey indicated that he was already moving towards a decision to announce the investigation's conclusion on his own because he believed top DOJ officials couldn't do it and be viewed as impartial.
For Comey, Lynch's meeting with Bill Clinton was the last straw.
Lynch and Bill Clinton met privately in Phoenix in June 2016 after the two realized they were on the same tarmac, an aide to the former president told CNN at the time.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/03/politics/comey-loretta-lynch-clinton-tarmac-meeting/index.html

Cpmey was just overreacting. After all, CNN and the rest of DNCworld see nothing wrong in that meeting. Who knows, Lorreta may just have gone for some presidential dicking knowing Billy Boy's legendary appetite for the fairer sex. I'm just glad Hillary wasn't unjustly convicted of wrongdoing.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 2:50pm On Jun 08, 2017
Missy89:

Since it was in the "full glare of the public" with no secrecy whatsoever.

Do you mind sharing the transcript of the conversation?

Nobody knows what they said,But as your Master trump has done in Private,he is very very guilty..If Bill wanted to do begging on behalf of he's wife,it wont even be done in Public,let alone anybody seeing it..Anything done in secret is usually dirty..something which what your god trump has done...And in this is the Husband not even the accused..

In your case,The President that is accused of wrong-doing,called the person that is investigating you into private times without number,called him to a Private dinner,telling him to pledge loyalty,telling him to back off from Flyn's case..Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha..Hypocriscy at its peak.I guess if it was Obama that did this,your hypocrites would start masturbating and shouting all over town..

Bunch of Liars.. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by KratosCorp: 2:57pm On Jun 08, 2017
undecided

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Timbuktuo: 2:58pm On Jun 08, 2017
Another bad day for Trump haters. The man's still got seven and a half years to be POTUS. I know it's hard, after all, "electoral shock is worse than electric shock." grin grin grin E pele.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by vedaxcool(m): 3:23pm On Jun 08, 2017
If only they could see the future

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 3:31pm On Jun 08, 2017
COMEY TESTIFIES (LIVE)

Comey says no Evidence votes were altered or hacked

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 3:31pm On Jun 08, 2017
rakish:
I am getting apprehensive with you guys show of ignorance and height of bigoted mentality. FBI is an independent body and Government is not like a business company. Asking Comey if he likes his Job before asking and expecting loyalty from him is a clear show of wanted submissiveness which Trump wanted. Also telling an FBI director that you have been loyal to him clearly shows Trump needs comeys loyalty and that is on the Russian probe and Michael Flynn which he told Comey to let go. Comey had to ask Jeff sessions to help cut off communication between him(Comey) and Trump. Why? A lot have to be said and expantiated and Trump cannot completely exonerate himself from this. It bothers me what has gone wrong with common sense.

Their common sense has gone with their hypocrisy..They are nothing but hypocrites..Switch places and see what would have happened if it was Obama that did all what their master trump did.Awon oniro..

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 3:39pm On Jun 08, 2017
Comey says Trump did not ask him
to stop the Russia investigation

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 3:42pm On Jun 08, 2017
Comey says then AG Lynch told him to call the Clinton email investigation "a matter" not an "investigation" & it troubled him greatly post tarmac meeting

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 3:45pm On Jun 08, 2017
Trump Admin choose to defame me and the FBI..Says, those where lies,plain and simple.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 3:48pm On Jun 08, 2017
Comey said the Trump dinner was an effort to build a relationship, and thought it odd that Trump asked him if he wanted to stay on as FBI director. Comey said he felt Trump wanted an exchange for him staying on in the FBI.

FBI term is 10 years, which helps keep the FBI independent from one administration or another, Comey says.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 3:52pm On Jun 08, 2017
Sen. James Risch began his questioning. He thanks Comey for his statement that was released yesterday.

Comey reaffirms to Risch that Trump was not under investigation

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 3:54pm On Jun 08, 2017
Risch cites this except from Comey's statement of what Trump said to him: "I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

Comey took these words as a direction, especially since this was said in a one-on-one setting.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 3:55pm On Jun 08, 2017
Comey says be believes the Russian investigation played a role in he's firing..Lobatan

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 3:55pm On Jun 08, 2017
Sen. Dianne Feinstein calls Comey a man of integrity as she begins her questioning.

Comey says he thinks he was fired over the way he was handling the Russia investigation, but he did not know it at the time.

"I take him (Trump) at his word" but I could be wrong, Comey says.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 3:56pm On Jun 08, 2017
happney65:
Comey says be believes the Russian investigation played a role in he's firing..Lobatan
over the way he was handling the Russia investigation
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 3:57pm On Jun 08, 2017
"Trump was asking for something and I refused to give it." Comey says he doesn't know Trump well enough to know how he would take that.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 3:59pm On Jun 08, 2017
Feinstein asks about Trump's comments to "lifting the cloud." Comey interpreted that the Russia investigation made it hard for Trump to focus on his job as president, which is why he asked that Comey publicly announce that Trump as not under investigation

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 4:02pm On Jun 08, 2017
Sen. Marco Rubio begins his questioning. He begins with asking about Trump's Flynn request

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 4:03pm On Jun 08, 2017
Comey said he did not tell anyone about Trump asking him to drop the Flynn investigation because he was "stunned" and "did not have presence of mind" to tell Trump in that moment that his comment was inappropriate

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 4:06pm On Jun 08, 2017
Rubio asks about the March 30 phone call with Trump and the "McCabe thing."

Comey said Trump had asked him before about McCabe and how he would interact with him now that he was president.

"I assured Andy is a total pro."

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 4:09pm On Jun 08, 2017
Rubio confirms Trump asked Comey to be loyal, let the Mike Flynn thing go and that he's not under investigation.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 4:14pm On Jun 08, 2017
Sen. Wyden asks about Trump's request about Flynn. If Comey had done what Trump asked, the case on Flynn would have been dropped.

Comey said he didn't want his people hearing that Trump wanted the Flynn investigation dropped because it may have affected their work.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 4:15pm On Jun 08, 2017
obixcel:
over the way he was handling the Russia investigation

And how is he Handling it?or he should hand off because the president is involved?isnt it?

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by KratosCorp: 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2017
Why the silence, folks? grin
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by rakish(m): 8:05pm On Jun 08, 2017
The Comey testimony is over and there were few new things than what we already know from the leaks weeks ago and yesterday. OF NOTE: Comey called Trump and the white house liars for lying about why he was fired. He also noted Trump wasn't under investigation 'personally'. He further asserted Trump asked and expected loyalty from him also telling him to let the Michael Flynn investigation go. He had no doubt that Trump fired him because of the Russian investigation and the list goes on. Comey also believed Trump was asking for his loyalty as an Exchange for keeping his job. Trumps private lawyer just called Comey testimony lies by disregarding that Trump asked comey for loyalty and to let Flynn go. So, it's not over yet coz it seems Bob Mueller is looking at obstruction of justice and the white house are denying comeys testimony, some.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Timbuktuo: 8:07pm On Jun 08, 2017
Call some people o. Suicide watch, folks. grin grin
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 8:11pm On Jun 08, 2017
O boy so Comey don tetify finish abi? I missed the whole thing angry angry

Have they impeach President Trump? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 08, 2017

Bring it on Donny! grin
And while you are at it bring your tax returns as well.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by happney65: 8:27pm On Jun 08, 2017
rakish:
The Comey testimony is over and there were few new things than what we already know from the leaks weeks ago and yesterday. OF NOTE: Comey called Trump and the white house liars for lying about why he was fired. He also noted Trump wasn't under investigation 'personally'. He further asserted Trump asked and expected loyalty from him also telling him to let the Michael Flynn investigation go. He had no doubt that Trump fired him because of the Russian investigation and the list goes on. Comey also believed Trump was asking for his loyalty as an Exchange for keeping his job. Trumps private lawyer just called Comey testimony lies by disregarding that Trump asked comey for loyalty and to let Flynn go. So, it's not over yet coz it seems Bob Mueller is looking at obstruction of justice and the white house are denying comeys testimony, some.

No body could have said and analysed it better bro..Missy and her fellow hypocritical republicans have gone into hiding..I wonder what would have happened if it was Obama that was in this..

Obama had to be the near perfect Guy..He had little or no scandal..Trump isn't up to a year and it's being crises upon crises..

What a Shame!!!

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 8:46pm On Jun 08, 2017
Comey just admitted that Loretta Lynch ordered him to cover up the Clinton email investigation, giving it another name. If u are looking for collusion this is it folks. Comey just hung himself dry. Once again he confirmed Trump never pressured him to drop any investigation regarding Flynn.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 9:00pm On Jun 08, 2017
PRESIDENT TRUMP VINDICATED....haha..Libtards! suck on that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (539)

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.