Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,050 members, 7,852,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:35 PM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (659787 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 9:12pm On Jun 08, 2017
Mindfulness:

Bring it on Donny! grin
And while you are at it bring your tax returns as well.
Ironic that Comey did indeed admitted to leaking classified INFO to the Press. Trump is right again. Bring it on, libtard, I HOPE you can see your way to letting all this frustration aka Trump derangement syndrome vanish off you. lol

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 08, 2017
obixcel:
Ironic that Comey did indeed admitted to leaking classified INFO to the Press. Trump is right again. Bring it on, libtard, I HOPE you can see your way to letting all this frustration aka Trump derangement syndrome vanish off you. lol

smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by KratosCorp: 9:49pm On Jun 08, 2017
Comey lied and said Trump's tweets caused him to leak to NYT through a Columbia law professor. The Tweets came after the leaks!!!

- Comey memo leaked to Times - May 11 at the latest

- Trump Tweets about tapes - May 12

- Comey says that Trump tweet about tapes caused him to leak memos to Times -

Mr. Comey said he decided to make the conversation public through an intermediary after Mr. Trump said on Twitter that the former F.B.I. director had better hope there were no tapes of their discussions. He said he did so with the explicit hope of triggering the appointment of a special counsel to investigate Russian election interference.

“I woke up in the middle of the night on Monday night, ‘cause it didn’t dawn on me originally that there might be corroboration for our conversation; there might be a tape,” Mr. Comey said, referring to May 15. “And my judgment was I needed to get that out in the public square so I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter. Didn’t do it myself for a variety of reasons but I asked him to because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel. So I asked a close friend of mine to do it.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/08/us/politics/james-comey-testimony-hearing.html

We just caught the bastard lying!!!

To people wondering whether the May 11 NYT story was based on the actual memos: this is from that article - 3 days before the tweets:

By Mr. Comey’s account, his answer to Mr. Trump’s initial question apparently did not satisfy the president, the associates said. Later in the dinner, Mr. Trump again said to Mr. Comey that he needed his loyalty. Mr. Comey again replied that he would give him “honesty” and did not pledge his loyalty, according to the account of the conversation. But Mr. Trump pressed him on whether it would be “honest loyalty.” “You will have that,” Mr. Comey told his associates he responded.

Mindfulness:

smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by KratosCorp: 9:56pm On Jun 08, 2017
Transcript of Trump's Lawyer's Statement [Synopsis: GET REKT LEFTIES!]

FBI director is an admitted leaker, but defiantly refused to publicly absolve Trump.

Let that sink in.

He wouldn't tell the truth about what was going on to the public, but is undermining the same man by leaking his "private thoughts"

Takes a warped, twisted person to be able to justify that stance and Comey fits the bill.

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by raumdeuter: 9:59pm On Jun 08, 2017
So what new thing did we learn

When is Trump going to be impeached

Is there anything we know today that we didnt know last week?

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by KratosCorp: 10:00pm On Jun 08, 2017
grin

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 08, 2017

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by TheShopKeeper(m): 11:30pm On Jun 08, 2017
What still baffles me is why did Trump met with Comey at least 9 times within 4 months about the Russian issue affecting people close to Trump, under normal circumstances is this allowed?

Also why is Trump demanding 'loyalty' from Comey who is supposed to be an 'independent government officer'?

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by KratosCorp: 12:23am On Jun 09, 2017
FBI director REPORTS to the POTUS. There are no two presidents in the US. Get your facts straight, please.

TheShopKeeper:
What still baffles me is why did Trump met with Comey at least 9 times within 4 months about the Russian issue affecting people close to Trump, under normal circumstances is this allowed?

Also why is Trump demanding 'loyalty' from Comey who is supposed to be an 'independent government officer'?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by TheShopKeeper(m): 8:58am On Jun 09, 2017

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Timbuktuo: 9:53am On Jun 09, 2017
TheShopKeeper:

You do have a point there. Let's get Congress to impeach Trump for over-communication. Hahahaha. grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 10:13am On Jun 09, 2017
Timbuktuo:

You do have a point there. Let's get Congress to impeach Trump for over-communication. Hahahaha. grin grin grin
Hahahaha...Libtards' IQ = 0

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 10:15am On Jun 09, 2017
TheShopKeeper:
Donald Trump's new FBI director pick has Russian ties of his own

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/06/08/trump-new-fbi-director-chris-wray-russian-ties-rosneft-gazprom-column/102603214/

Hahaha.....Everybody has ties: Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, Schumer, Obama, name them. Good job, man.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 10:40am On Jun 09, 2017
The obstruction of justice case against Trump just went up in smoke

Senator James Risch (R-ID) questioned Comey early in the hearing about the possibility of obstruction of justice regarding the investigation of General Michael Flynn. Risch repeatedly questioned Comey about the exact wording used by President Trump to him in private, which Comey recorded in his much-discussed memo.

The exchange leaves Democrat’s hopes of impeachment for obstruction of justice considerably dimmed:

Comey: I mean, it’s the President of the United States with me alone, saying, “I hope this.” I took it as this is what he wants me to do. I didn’t obey that, but that’s the way I took it.

Risch: You may have taken it as a direction, but that’s not what he said.

Comey: Correct.

Risch: He said, “I hope.”

Comey: Those are exact words, correct.

Risch: You don’t know of anyone that’s been charged for hoping something?

Comey: I don’t, as I sit here.

Risch: Thank you, Mr. Chairman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBTUNiDtrhk

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 10:43am On Jun 09, 2017
Loretta Lynch meddled in the Clinton investigation

Comey discussed the involvement of President Obama’s Attorney General, Loretta Lynch, in the investigation of Hillary Clinton. He stated that Lynch made an odd request for how the FBI investigation should be described.

“At one point the attorney general had directed me not to call it investigation, but instead to call it a matter, which concerned and confused me,” Comey said.

Comey added that Lynch’s infamous tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton during the campaign was the reason he decided to make a statement when the decision was made not to prosecute Hillary Clinton.

“In a ultimately conclusive way, that was the thing that capped it for me, that I had to do something separately to protect the credibility of the investigation, which meant both the FBI and the Justice Department,” Comey said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9liUwa1Yf6g

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 10:45am On Jun 09, 2017
Trump was not under investigation by the FBI

When questioned by Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), Comey answered that President Donald Trump was not under investigation by the FBI. It was also revealed that congressional leaders had previously been briefed on this fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_ksx7tZfdg

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 10:47am On Jun 09, 2017
James Comey leaked documents to the media

Comey admitted to orchestrating leaks from the investigation to the media using a network of friends

Under oath, Comey told Sen. Susan Collins:
“The president tweeted on Friday after I got fired that I better hope there’s not tapes.
I woke up in the middle of the night on Monday night cause it didn’t dawn on me originally that there might be corroboration for our conversation, and my judgement was I needed to get that out into the public square and so I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter, didn’t do it myself for a variety of reasons, but I asked him to because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel.“

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0Wt33_UWPE
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 10:49am On Jun 09, 2017
Comey said the New York Times published fake news

James Comey had a few things to say about the reporting of the New York Times which reported on collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Senator Risch questioned Comey about the Times, asking “So the American people can understand this, that report by the New York Times was not true, is that a fair statement?”

“It was not true,” Comey said. “Again, all of you know this, maybe the American people don’t. The challenge — I’m not picking on reporters about writing stories about classified information… [the challenge is] that people talking about it often don’t really now what’s going on and those of us who actually know what’s going on are not talking about it.”
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 10:52am On Jun 09, 2017
James Comey sounds like every disgruntled former employee ever

Comey had quite a bit to say about his firing, which leaves him looking like a disgruntled former employee.

Comey accused President Trump and his administration of lying about him, and “defaming him and more importantly the FBI.”

Comey also explained that his discomfort with the President and the belief that Trump would lie about him led to the creation of his memo on the meeting.

“I was honestly concerned that he might lie about the nature of our meeting, so I thought it really important to document,” Comey said. “I knew there might come a day when I might need a record of what happened not only to defend myself but to protect the FBI.”
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 11:30am On Jun 09, 2017
YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY COMEY WAS FIRED? NOW YOU KNOW grin grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by armyofone(m): 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2017
The whole thing is becoming a circus/reality TV show, waste of time and tax payers money.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 09, 2017
armyofone:
The whole thing is becoming a circus/reality TV show, waste of time and tax payers money.

Becoming? It has become a circus the moment the clown boy Trump decided to run for president.
And yes, democracies are expensive but they are worth it. And if Trump's campaign enabled the Russians to meddle with the very core of the American democracy, which are the elections, the American people and the rest of the world need to know it.

I am 99% sure that Trump and his campaign team are guilty.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 9:03pm On Jun 09, 2017
armyofone:
Yes because u asked for it since u refuse to get over d fact that ur candidate lost fairly and not because of the Russians. You asked for a RECOUNT, it was done. You then alleged that Russia interfered and hence an investigation should be carried out, it's ongoing. And in the midst of it u finally asked for a SPECIAL PROSECUTOR/COUNSEL, It was granted. So what NEXT? Are u not the ones creating d drama Abi na Reality?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by armyofone(m): 9:54pm On Jun 09, 2017
You must be from another planet!! I'm an Independent American voter and hugely tax payer so I can swing anyway or with anyone!! I wanted Romney by the way not someone who claimed bankruptcy many times...Not a fan of either crooks! but due to my kind of career, he is our CIC. So don't come near me because I swim with sharks tongue
Back off!!

obixcel:
Yes because u asked for it since u refuse to get over d fact that ur candidate lost fairly and not because of the Russians. You asked for a RECOUNT, it was done. You then alleged that Russia interfered and hence an investigation should be carried out, it's ongoing. And in the midst of it u finally asked for a SPECIAL PROSECUTOR/COUNSEL, It was granted. So what NEXT? Are u not the ones creating d drama Abi na Reality?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by KratosCorp: 10:54pm On Jun 09, 2017
Be careful girl.

Watch it so you don't end up like Reality.

Don't come here and feel like you're invisible.

Live your oath. Be loyal in truth, thoughts and intent.

You cannot fake patriotism.

armyofone:
You must be from another planet!! I'm an Independent American voter and hugely tax payer so I can swing anyway or with anyone!! I wanted Romney by the way not someone who claimed bankruptcy many times...Not a fan of either crooks! but due to my kind of career, he is our CIC. So don't come near me because I swim with sharks tongue
Back off!!

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by KratosCorp: 11:10pm On Jun 09, 2017
Yours was a crappy talk.

Below is the hairy big FACT.

Donald Trump, the Idiot:

- Somehow this idiot made Billions of dollars in successful businesses.

- Somehow this idiot was respected enough to provide insight into major economical issues in the 80's and 90's.

- Somehow this idiot was able to obtain vast amounts of Fame and become a national icon.

- Somehow this idiot was able to win an Election for the Presidency of the United States of America, while also turning blue states red.

- Somehow this idiot was able to play the news for fools time and time again, exposing them for frauds.

- Somehow this idiot was able to get James Comey to commit perjury on live television, admit he was a leaker, and throw his friends under the bus.

- Somehow this idiot exposed Lynch as a colluding Obstructionist.

- Somehow this beautiful idiot is Making America Great Again.

Somehow...Donald J. Trump sure doesn't act like an idiot.

You know what's funny about this bit of "narrative" they pushed in 2016? If you look at the number of bankruptcies relative to total businesses he owns or runs, it's like a 99% success rate. It actually shows how incredible he is. They took a statistic that shows Trump as an exceptional individual and tried to make it look like it showed his failure. Think about how many people ate that up.

It's four of 507 businesses failed. Just fyi. Trump is amazing!!!

I ask people this question all the time: can you make 1 dollar into 10,000 dollars? If not then how did Trump do that on a much larger scale while you call him stupid?

Liberal heads always explode, lol

Mindfulness:

Becoming? It has become a circus the moment the clown boy Trump decided to run for president.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by PDPGuy: 12:44am On Jun 10, 2017
Is Mark Kasowitz threat to file a formal complaint with the DOJ's Inspector-General a form of witness intimidation?

I would think so because Comey is no longer a government employee, and the very act of the president's private lawyer engaging in such an act can be construed as the president directly intimidating a witness during an active investigation.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by PDPGuy: 12:53am On Jun 10, 2017
According to the latest Gallup poll, 83% of Americans (45% Dem, 38% Rep) identify with either major party. It looks like a third party/independent challenge to the big 2 will continue to be a mirage.

The Green party, and Libertarian party should be major players in national politics, not just local politics. The U.S should be like Western European countries that are truly multi-party states.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by armyofone(m): 2:20am On Jun 10, 2017
So you supported Obi's lies and response to what I said? I see some of you just want to make trouble.
It's Friday and the best thing to do is drinking cold beer and smoking joints.
You have a good afternoon.
KratosCorp:
Be careful girl.

Watch it so you don't end up like Reality.

Don't come here and feel like you're invisible.

Live your oath. Be loyal in truth, thoughts and intent.

You cannot fake patriotism.

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by armyofone(m): 2:40am On Jun 10, 2017
Mindfulness, I understand but the whole thing is becoming a distraction to the purpose of government though. At the end of the day, nothing much but stories.
Four or eight years is not a long time.
Mindfulness:

And yes, democracies are expensive but they are worth it. And if Trump's campaign enabled the Russians to meddle with the very core of the American democracy, which are the elections, the American people and the rest of the world need to know it.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by PropertyAsset: 7:09am On Jun 10, 2017
Now we see how this man is handling government affairs as if it's his personal company and toying with lives and emotions of Americans home and abroad. I pray he wouldn't be impeached.

Former US Under-secretary for Defense (policy), Michele Flournoy, ruled herself out of contention for the vacant post of Defense Secretary.

Sources close to her posit that she'd rather hold the position in a Hillary Clinton administration, than having a 2-year stint in a lame duck Obama government.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 10, 2017
armyofone:
Mindfulness, I understand but the whole thing is becoming a distraction to the purpose of government though. At the end of the day, nothing much but stories.
Four or eight years is not a long time.

4-8 years are a very long time in politics.

Bush succeeded to take the country into a severe recession and create chaos in the Middle East based on lies of WMD.

It is the best thing that can happen to America and the world if this incompetent fo.ol gets nothing done.

Paul Ryan confirmed it:

He said that Trump did not mean to break protocol by speaking to directly to Comey - 'He’s new to government'.

In other words: He is clueless. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (539)

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.