Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,103 members, 7,867,171 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:44 AM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (661659 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 4:40am On Jul 07, 2016
Missy89:

The problem with you Hilary or Bernie drones is that you may have formal education bit you refuse to learn how the market works.

The reason why colleges are expensive in the first place is because of the government guaranteeing students loans for everyone that applies. That is why over half of all degrees are worthless and those students hardly learn anything there.

If the goverment leaves the business of college to the private sector, only private lenders will be in charge of loaning students money to go to college. Since most of them dont have established or solid credit, few people will apply for loans and schools will be forced to increse enrollment by slashing fees and reducing their budget for irrelevant courses and programs they have and most colleges will be more specialized instead of churning out kids that do not learn anything they will need to start a meaningful job.

If goverment keeps guaranteeing loans, schools have no incentive to reduce their cost and will keep expanding and dumbing down college education.

Policies shouldnt be about what makes you feel good but what will work. Have you asked yourself how she will pay for the program or are you only interested in what Trump lapdogs will say?.

How will she pay for it? Where will the money come from?

Nothing is free.
Telling me I don't know how the market works is the joke of the century. I won't argue with you about the military, don't argue with me about the market. That's my bread and butter for the last 20+ years. Stick to your military and leave the market to people that are into it.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 4:44am On Jul 07, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Obviously you must have been brought up in the Suburban American. Denigrating people who looks like you won't give you special recognition in the Republican party. Go to their Convention and see the ugly names they will call you. KKK, White Nationalists and Storm Troopers will be waiting for your kind to call named in Cleveland in less than two weeks. Since inner cities minorities are so poor according to you, I believe you were brought up in a upper middle class Suburban America. Congratulations to you on that. I was brought up in inner cities with my three siblings. 2 Boys and 2 Girls and thanks to the Good man above, we are all doing good. I have a Sister who is a Pediatrician and another who is a RN and a brother who is a CPA. We are all products of 'UPTOWN' in Chicago. Your self hating is just unbelievable. Two of my nephews are Veterans and they are not even sucking up to the right wing garbage like this.

Why do you keep bringing up personal stories i dont care about.
Why are you concerned about where i was brought up?

When did I denigrate anyone exatcly?
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 4:49am On Jul 07, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Telling me I don't know how the market works is the joke of the century. I won't argue with you about the military, don't argue with me about the market. That's my bread and butter for the last 20+ years. Stick to your military and leave the market to people that are into it.

Lol

I wont believe you know anything about the market if you cant reply what i asked you. Who is going to pay for the students that will be attending for free ?

You dont get to "own" an area of expertise if you dont have any cohorent arguments. Facts dont care about your feelings sir. Put up or shut up.

Explain to me why free tuition is the right way to go and who is going to pay for it. You dont get to shut me up by claiming you have 20 years experience in the market. Might be a fish market for all i know. grin

I have notice you seem to think citing personal information is enough to make you knowledgeable about issues.

I said Clinton dont get to talk about infidelity. You said you dont cheat.

I said democratic winning coalition includes poor inner city minorities, you said you are not poor

I said Clintons college plan does not make any sense, you cited your 20 yrs experience.

Do i need to remind you i cant take your word for it on an anonymous forum if you can't demonstrate you know what you are talking about?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 4:57am On Jul 07, 2016
Missy89:

Lol

I wont believe you know anything about the market if you cant reply what i asked you. Who is going to pay for the students that will be attending for free ?

You dont get to "own" an area of expertise if you dont have any cohorent arguments. Facts dont care about your feelings sir. Put up or shut up.

Explain to me why free tuition is the right way to go and who is going to pay for it. You dont get to shut me up by claiming you have 20 years experience in the market. Might be a fish market for all i know. grin

Talking about fish market, you should know since one of your friends on the Pootin side accused you of that. I don't need to dilly dally with you on that. You hold on to your beliefs and I hold on to mine. I don't need free tuition for any of my kids. The Good Lord has been good to me and my wife and we know the importance of education. You putting people that lives in inner cities down is very appalling to me but maybe that's what gets your ego up. One thing I am certain of is that people in the inner cities are not what you think of them.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:03am On Jul 07, 2016
Missy89:

Lol

I have notice you seem to think citing personal information is enough to make you knowledgeable about issues.

I said Clinton dont get to talk about infidelity. You said you dont cheat.

I said democratic winning coalition includes poor inner city minorities, you said you are not poor

I said Clintons college plan does not make any sense, you cited your 20 yrs experience.

Do i need to remind you i cant take your word for it on an anonymous forum if you can't demonstrate you know what you are talking about?
And I am not hiding my identity like some people on Nairaland like you. I know people on Nairaland that have been to my place in Chicago. It's because of people like you that I purposely put my picture on my DP. There are about 3 guys on Nairaland that lives in Chicago and we have all met through this forum. Keep hating on your own kind in the inner cities and forget about the Republican supporting Appalachians that are dirt poor.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 5:08am On Jul 07, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Talking about fish market, you should know since one of your friends on the Pootin side accused you of that. I don't need to dilly dally with you on that. You hold on to your beliefs and I hold on to mine. I don't need free tuition for any of my kids. The Good Lord has been good to me and my wife and we know the importance of education. You putting people that lives in inner cities down is very appalling to me but maybe that's what gets your ego up. One thing I am certain of is that people in the inner cities are not what you think of them.

Here we go again. Going personal

I never said minorities in the inner cities are stupid or unintelligent or that i am better than anyone.

The only thing i said is that they are part of the democratic winning coalition which is a fact.

The same way poor rural whites and evangelicals are party of the republican winning coalition.

What is wrong with that statement?
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:14am On Jul 07, 2016
Missy89:

Here we go again. Going personal

I never said minorities in the inner cities are stupid or unintelligent or that i am better than anyone.

The only thing i said is that they are part of the democratic winning coalition which is a fact.

The same way poor rural whites and evangelicals are party of the republican winning coalition.

What is wrong with that statement?
Missy , I am done with this. I am so surprised that a smart and likeable lady can fall sheeply for the right wing propaganda of people that don't care for people that looks like you and I. It's your First amendment right and I respect that.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 5:28am On Jul 07, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Missy , I am done with this. I am so surprised that a smart and likeable lady can fall sheeply for the right wing propaganda of people that don't care for people that looks like you and I. It's your First amendment right and I respect that.

This sums up your entire narrative

Ignore facts

Blame the Republicans

Call me a racist or should i say i self hater.

You wont say who will pay for what your candidate propose

You wont name one racist law the republicans passed or proposed

You won't admitt your candidate lied even after FBI said she did

But I am the sheep?

Reallyyyyyyyyyyy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:39am On Jul 07, 2016
Missy89:

This sums up your entire narrative

Ignore facts

Blame the Republicans

Call me a racist or should i say i self hater.

You wont say who will pay for what your candidate propose

You wont name one racist law the republicans passed or proposed

You won't admitt your candidate lied even after FBI said she did

But I am the sheep?

Reallyyyyyyyyyyy?
I never called you a Racist. My problem with you Is putting the people in the inner cities down like they are below you in human grade. My siblings and I were brought up in chitown and I am damn proud of that. I would not be what I am today if not for what I went through in 'UPTOWN' Section of Chicago. I would not allow anyone to put down the inhabitants of the inner cities because of their fetish for Republican propaganda. Tell AG to indict Hillary if you are not pleased with what Comey said. End of the story or you can file your own citizen indictment. Like I said, Americans will decide on November 8 and I can make a friendly wager with you that Hillary Clinton will be the next POTUS.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 5:52am On Jul 07, 2016
Lucasbalo:
I never called you a Racist. My problem with you Is putting the people in the inner cities down like they are below you in human grade. My siblings and I were brought up in chitown and I am damn proud of that. I would not be what I am today if not for what I went through in 'UPTOWN' Section of Chicago. I would not allow anyone to put down the inhabitants of the inner cities because of their fetish for Republican propaganda. Tell AG to indict Hillary if you are not pleased with what Comey said. End of the story or you can file your own citizen indictment. Like I said, Americans will decide on November 8 and I can make a friendly wager with you that Hillary Clinton will be the next POTUS.

How did I put down the people in the inner cities?

Please explain
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 07, 2016
Director Comey has so far said that he Hillary didnt have the mens rea (mental state) required to have intent to commit a crime.

He referenced a 1917 statute passed by Congress which criminalized "gross negligence" and "recklessness" with regard to the prosecution and possible conviction of an individual. But the DOJ has only prosecuted a grand total of ONE person under that statute.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 4:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
And In congress today this happened.... She is not fit to be president

Gowdy: Clinton said she didn't receive classified information over her private email. Is that true?
Comey: No.
Gowdy: Clinton said she didn't email any classified material. True?
Gowdy: Clinton said she used one device. True?
Comey: She used multiple.
Gowdy: Clinton said all emails were returned to State Dept. True?
Gowdy: Clinton says her lawyers read all the emails. True?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 4:43pm On Jul 07, 2016
Congressman Trey Gowdy absolutely demolished Hillary Clinton's email talking points today.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ycat: 5:43pm On Jul 07, 2016
The department of justice finally taken off life support. The standard has been lowered, RIP!

I've always known the Clinton to be powerful, but not this powerful. That means Bill Clinton still has it, even the FBI/DOJ bent and gave way. He was called the biggest politician in American history in the 90' and I believe he still is.

Americans will decide in November if this is the new future they want for their children or they can still make a detour.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 5:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
Watching live on C-SPAN,I must say Comey is smooth,straight forward answers and he stands by his decision.Republicans trying so hard to make a case against Secretary Clinton,good thing Comey is vetted and vouched for by high ranking GOP congressmen.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 5:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
God bless Rep Brenda Lawrence for setting the record straight-Congress shouldn't be interfering with the FBI's work.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ycat: 6:07pm On Jul 07, 2016
Republicans are not and don't need to make a case against Clinton, she's made that all by herself. Congress is doing what its job entails and would have to answer to their constituents. Sorry, they all can't be bamboozled into worshipping the Clintons.

If nothing at all she has made it clear that she's an incompetent liar and fraud that has and will put the security of the nation at risk and too dangerous for the office of POTUS.
ValerianSteel:
Watching live on C-SPAN,I must say Comey is smooth,straight forward answers and he stands by his decision.Republicans trying so hard to make a case against Secretary Clinton,good thing Comey is vetted and vouched for by high ranking GOP congressmen.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 07, 2016
ValerianSteel:
I was watching it on CNN before heading to work. Comey displayed fine legalese from what I observed.
Non-lawyers or students of the law would be flustered by some of his answers; but he is only laying out the legal, not the personal arguments for the FBI's action.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2016
ValerianSteel:
God bless Rep Brenda Lawrence for setting the record straight-Congress shouldn't be interfering with the FBI's work.
Right on point. It's all politics and fair minded Americans are catching up to their hypocrisy. You see how quickly the do nothing congress call a hearing because Comey didn't follow their script. November is around the corner.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 6:35pm On Jul 07, 2016
Buddy Carter making me laugh my ass off grin grin grin grin

He's sounding like Trump grin

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 7:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Buddy Carter making me laugh my ass off grin grin grin grin

He's sounding like Trump grin

Comey just blew your argument out of the water. He said gmail was more secured than HIlary's server. You claimed it was better than what the government have.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2016
ValerianSteel:

Congress comfirm FBI directors. Congress is a body that represent the people that is what hearings are for. Her logic makes no sense

Congress is always and will always be in the business of every agency for checks and balance

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 7:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
Missy89:

Comey just blew your argument out of the water. He said gmail was more secured than HIlary's server. You claimed it was better than what the government have.
Actually Comey claims companies like Gmail have regularly updates that may be more secure than Secretary Clinton's server.

My position which I stated earlier is-Companies that provide email services do not take special interest in protection/security of a particular clients email when dealing with their server security.In real sense,Gmail does not encrypt or protect their servers against hackers because they are hosting a Secretary of States email,they do so out of general responsibility to all clients.

In Secretary Clinton's case,she had one guy with one duty-Keep the server safe and keep the hackers out,he was dedicated to understand the kind of threats the server may face and counter any vulnerability.This means he is well equipped against hacking threats when any surfaces,he can monitor the hacking pattern and establish the hackers intent which means he in turn knows exactly what to do to protect the server.This is in contrast with services like Gmail,they protect their servers using the same standard for every client that uses their platform.

Secretary Clinton's server was protected with special interest that she is the Secretary of State and the server must be well protected from threats that threaten her position,Gmail would not reason this way and so far from available public knowledge there's no evidence that supports that her server could have been any less vulnerable than other emails like Gmail,AOl and others.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 7:52pm On Jul 07, 2016
Missy89:

Congress comfirm FBI directors. Congress is a body that represent the people that is what hearings are for. Her logic makes no sense

Congress is always and will always be in the business of every agency for checks and balance
On a normal day under different circumstances and not Secretary Clinton all these would have been carried out in secret behind our backs.The FBI is meant to be apolitical,but the nature of their investigation prompted the agency to even show more transparency that they normally would.

This is an independent body headed by a non-partisan well trusted within GOP ranks to carry out his duty.The FBI did just this,it is not the place of Congress to question the FBI's decision because they don't have the facts the FBI has,the fact that Congress has to question the FBI on this goes to show the reason why investigations like these is not within the jurisdiction of Congress.

If Congress has no place investigating Secretary Clinton's handling of classified materials,then they have no place questioning the one agency that does,they have no place questioning the judgment of this due process agency.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 9:08pm On Jul 07, 2016
Oh,just to add Comey said Guccifer lied about gaining access to Secretary Clinton's server.FBI found no evidence of any hacker successfully getting into her server.

Right now,there's no evidence her server was compromised by foreign interests and no evidence to support the claim that anyone out there has our secrets.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 9:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
Thanks GOP wink

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 9:26pm On Jul 07, 2016
Pew Research Poll(One of the most trusted and vetted polling) shows she even polls better than Obama did in every demographics in his last two elections.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 07, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Thanks GOP wink
But I thought Director Comey said that Clinton sent 110 classified emails via her private server. So, did he contradict himself later today?

Sorry, I'm just closing from work. Couldn't catch the rest of the broadcast.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 07, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Pew Research Poll(One of the most trusted and vetted polling) shows she even polls better than Obama did in every demographics in his last two elections.
Wow
It shows that Trump is only 3% points away from getting the minimum of 27% of Latino votes required for him to have any chance of winning the election.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
CFCman:

But I thought Director Comey said that Clinton sent 110 classified emails via her private server. So, did he contradict himself later today?

Sorry, I'm just closing from work. Couldn't catch the rest of the broadcast.
He said the FBI found 110 classified emails on 59 email chains that were classified.

From his testimony today in response to State Department's response to the Classified email chains-Comey says the markings were done in such a way that even Secretary Clinton may not have known they were classified because there was no header.Also,he stated clearly that some emails are within the Secretary's sole knowledge to establish the classification.
Listen to Comey himself answer this:

http://amp.twimg.com/v/eb6381f7-ee0d-463e-9d13-8c1500ac689a

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 07, 2016
ValerianSteel:
He said the FBI found 110 classified emails on 59 email chains that were classified.

From his testimony today in response to State Department's response to the Classified email chains-Comey says the markings were done in such a way that even Secretary Clinton may not have known they were classified because there was no header.Also,he stated clearly that some emails are within the Secretary's sole knowledge to establish the classification.
Listen to Comey himself answer this:

http://amp.twimg.com/v/eb6381f7-ee0d-463e-9d13-8c1500ac689a

Alright. I got it
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 10:26pm On Jul 07, 2016
ValerianSteel:
On a normal day under different circumstances and not Secretary Clinton all these would have been carried out in secret behind our backs.The FBI is meant to be apolitical,but the nature of their investigation prompted the agency to even show more transparency that they normally would.

This is an independent body headed by a non-partisan well trusted within GOP ranks to carry out his duty.The FBI did just this,it is not the place of Congress to question the FBI's decision because they don't have the facts the FBI has,the fact that Congress has to question the FBI on this goes to show the reason why investigations like these is not within the jurisdiction of Congress.

If Congress has no place investigating Secretary Clinton's handling of classified materials,then they have no place questioning the one agency that does,they have no place questioning the judgment of this due process agency.

I am not sure you actually understand what congress does. The hearing was not to investigate but for the FBI to state the reason why it reached its conclusion. That is what the committee did and that is fully within the jurisdiction of the congress. So Yes It is the place of congress to question what the FBI does. that is the whole point of a oversight committee. You dont have to make your own rules because you are partisan. Afterall, Every member of the committee got the same amount of time to ask their questions regardless of party affiliation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (539)

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.