Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? (9939 Views)

Share Your Black Friday Shopping Experience / Making Money On Konga And Jumia / Konga and their delayed payment issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by bongolistik(m): 11:19am On Nov 29, 2014
I need your opinion on what Jumia and Konga termed as Black Friday discounted sales... I have been following the whole sales on both platform, and I notices a whole lot of fishy activities going on there.

Black Friday was meant as a way in which merchants both online and offline use in appreciating their loyal customers by offering them discounted items.

But for Konga and Jumia, it seems that reversal is the case, and it seems that they really made the Friday black for people as the name suggested and I think we have to change the name for them to White Friday so they will make things white for their customers.

My experience and observation on this their so called discounted Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales was completely awful with their next to snail speed overloaded servers.

What are your experiences on both Konga and Jumia on this Black Friday and the up-coming Cyber Monday deals?

http://highteknology..com/2014/11/jumia-and-konga-black-friday-sales-scam.html

1 Like

Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by ddddon(m): 11:21am On Nov 29, 2014
spaced booked
Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by eddyland: 11:31am On Nov 29, 2014
Oh mehn... I want mad yesterday, Just wasted all my precious time refreshing Jumia say na Black Friday and my Friday was really black with them..Pure scam!

2 Likes

Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by bongolistik(m): 1:36pm On Nov 29, 2014
eddyland:
Oh mehn... I want mad yesterday, Just wasted all my precious time refreshing Jumia say na Black Friday and my Friday was really black with them..Pure scam!
nobi small o, doz guys wanted 2 use me as football yestady

1 Like

Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by F22RAPTOR(m): 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2014
You guys will still fall for their scam next year. grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by bongolistik(m): 4:43pm On Nov 29, 2014
not again..once beaten twice shy

2 Likes

Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by owelle22(m): 12:07am On Nov 30, 2014
I bought a tablet worth 31000 for 10,000 from konga yakata that day and they have also shipped so hopefully it will get to me on monday that was on thursday night but on friday morning they increased the price of what I bought 10k to 23,200 then I be came so confused because I'm not from france... Original Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by shevon: 11:40am On Nov 30, 2014
The whole idea of their black Friday sales was just to drive traffic to their site, not one meaningful item was sold at a discounted rate.
Let me share what I learnt on Dealdey.
Dealdey were (presumably) putting up items for sale at heavyly discounted prices every 30 minutes and in the process of having to put a black Friday sales item in your cart and proceed to checkout you will get a notice that the item had sold out making it look as if someone was faster than you at buying the item.
So, I decided to wait for the 4:30pm sales. But to be sure that I was fast enough to get the item, I funded my wallet, opened a previous page were the item was showing as being sold out so that I can refresh by 4:30 as soon as the item was put up to give me an edge at picking the item. What I saw was amazing: As soon as it was 4:30, I refreshed the page and saw that the product was up but splashed across the top left corner was a bold "Trial Sales" sign, meaning the product that was pur up was not real!
As soon as I tried opening the same page on another tab, it showed that the item has sold out (this was just within 3seconds!)
So, we all can begin to imagine what these online shops (especially Jumia and Dealdey) did, scammed and wasted time of Nigerians.
Oh, but the traffic driving stint worked, Sim Sagaya sent emails out last night that what Konga sold on Thursday and Friday was 500% of what they sold in all of 2012 (proccessing N50m worth of orders every hour at the peak of the sales)
If only we could hold these companies responsible for putting out wrong/misleading adverts, they will definately do the right thing always.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by mychelyte(m): 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2014
owelle22:
I bought a tablet worth 31000 for 10,000 from konga yakata that day and they have also shipped so hopefully it will get to me on monday that was on thursday night but on friday morning they increased the price of what I bought 10k to 23,200 then I be came so confused because I'm not from france... Original Nigeria

NA so me self see am oooo!
I Dey wait sha maybe Monday dem go deliver it
Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by Jide112: 2:38pm On Nov 30, 2014
The Konga yakata sales was real. I bought something you would not want to believe the price and it was delivered. I bought a lenovo laptop for 5700(five thousand seven hundred naira). I am rocking the laptop now. I didn't believe until I removed the laptop and put it on. Konga was real why jumia deceived us. I bought the 10000 tablet and it has been shipped.

1 Like

Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by ugonna1054(m): 3:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
owelle22:
me too bought d same tab for 10k (spark right?) On friday evening..When I wanted to order for another one it said "out of stock" 6-10 hrs later it came bak in stock with a price tag of #23,200....but I think konga is still beta dan jumia....... Hopefully, we'll get our tabs this wk btw mon and thur... smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by owelle22(m): 5:29pm On Nov 30, 2014
ugonna1054:
me too bought d same tab for 10k (spark right?) On friday evening..When I wanted to order for another one it said "out of stock" 6-10 hrs later it came bak in stock with a price tag of #23,200....but I think konga is still beta dan jumia....... Hopefully, we'll get our tabs this wk btw mon and thur... smiley smiley

your right
Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by Jide112: 9:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
ugonna1054:

I bought two spark. It has been shipped awaiting it tomorrow.
Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by abbadon: 2:41am On Dec 01, 2014
You guys should give us a try at www.yakora.ng/2318-black-friday. We are still running Black Friday and Cyber Monday promos.
Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by mychelyte(m): 6:56pm On Dec 02, 2014
I never receive the tabs wey I order o,Abi dem dey try play themselves ni
Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by Jide112: 9:49pm On Dec 02, 2014
I received 3 tablets. And I am even use it to update this status now.
Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by mychelyte(m): 6:13am On Dec 03, 2014
Any other person apart from jide receive the tab?
Coz to me it's like jide is one of their sales rep.
Six days now I didn't hear anything from them.

2 Likes

Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by owelle22(m): 5:52pm On Dec 03, 2014
Jide112:

how is d tab? hope is nice
can we see the pic?

mine is still on transit
Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by ugonna1054(m): 11:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
Jide112:
pplease,how were u a ble to track ur order for d tabs??
Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by Jide112: 1:28pm On Dec 04, 2014
ugonna1054:
pplease,how were u a ble to track ur order for d tabs??
I got a mail telling me my tracking number, afterwards the location of the item is always updated and on day of delivery, I got a call from the delivery guy.
Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by yorke1: 4:39pm On Dec 04, 2014
I got what i order for today since on Friday. Thanks to Konga. Thumbs up!

Edited.
Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by owelle22(m): 9:51pm On Dec 04, 2014
I received mine today
Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by SHOT(m): 12:40am On Dec 05, 2014
i ordered twice for Z3 on konga yakata sales at 27k. i got the delivery of one on tuesday and paid on delivery. am yet to get the second one sha.
i tried jumia, it was pure fraud
Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by Paulpenny(m): 8:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
mychelyte:
Any other person apart from jide receive the tab?
Coz to me it's like jide is one of their sales rep.
Six days now I didn't hear anything from them.

my thought exactly
Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by babytejiri(m): 3:19pm On Nov 16, 2016
Even as millions of Nigerians are feeling the pinch of the recession, Konga says they are expecting a buoyant Black Friday or, as they like to call it, Yakata 2016.
Re: Konga And Jumia Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sales: Scam, Sham Or What? by fjlinks(m): 1:36am On Nov 12, 2019

Take advantage of the Konga Yakata deals to see for yourself. Nothing scammy here

(1) (Reply)

Ease Of Doing Business: World Bank Ranks Nigeria 170th / Importers Lament ‘high’ Tariff By Nigeria Customs / Nigeria Ranked Sixth Globally In Access To Credit - Jumoke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.