Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,871 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Where Is God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is God? (3867 Views)

Is GOD GOOD TO YOU THIS YEAR / Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God / Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is God? by macof(m): 1:58pm On Nov 29, 2014
I have seen many Christians argue that God is a spirit and so he resides in the spirit realm

Some say he is in heaven, heaven which is in outter space, like we see in the Bible all reference to heaven points to somewhere in the sky

Others say he is everywhere, as the omnipresent god which he is

Where exactly does God reside, where is he right now?
Re: Where Is God? by plaetton: 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
Good question.
I hope that Uyi Iredia comes here to show us the factual god.
Re: Where Is God? by Mrval20(m): 2:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
He dwells in heaven but He's omnipresent.
Re: Where Is God? by curiouslad(m): 2:31pm On Nov 29, 2014
In your head!
Re: Where Is God? by Tallesty1(m): 2:58pm On Nov 29, 2014
Right here
Re: Where Is God? by macof(m): 3:03pm On Nov 29, 2014
Mrval20:
He dwells in heaven but He's omnipresent.
Sir, do u not know what Omnipresent means?

It means "being everywhere at the same time"...if ur god is only in heaven he can't be said to be omnipresent

2 Likes

Re: Where Is God? by macof(m): 3:05pm On Nov 29, 2014
plaetton:
Good question.
I hope that Uyi Iredia comes here to show us the factual god.

Precisely, Uyi and other warriors for Christ should tell us where the father Andy son reside...maybe modern astrology can help locate them

1 Like

Re: Where Is God? by PastorAIO: 3:07pm On Nov 29, 2014
How important is Location to ontological status?

1 Like

Re: Where Is God? by Mrval20(m): 3:17pm On Nov 29, 2014
macof:

Sir, do u not know what Omnipresent means?

It means "being everywhere at the same time"...if ur god is only in heaven he can't be said to be omnipresent
Yes, I know and I never said He's only in heaven. He lives in heaven but as a spirit, is omnipresent.
Re: Where Is God? by GooseBaba: 3:24pm On Nov 29, 2014
God is your essence......

When you're pounding a very sweet toto and your trouser snake is ready to vomit.. .... Bros, That is where God resides.. grin
Re: Where Is God? by GooseBaba: 3:27pm On Nov 29, 2014
Mrval20:

Yes, I know and I never said He's only in heaven. He lives in heaven but as a spirit, is omnipresent.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.....wonderfulumenti... Wonder wonder..
Re: Where Is God? by Alvelt14(m): 5:38pm On Nov 29, 2014
Everywhere, name it
God is everywhere
Re: Where Is God? by plaetton: 5:40pm On Nov 29, 2014
Mrval20:

How can we find him on earth?
Re: Where Is God? by plaetton: 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2014
Alvelt14:
Everywhere, name it
God is everywhere

Seriously, this is not mockery, but isgod everywhere in the same way that, say, toothfairies are also believed to be everywhere?

1 Like

Re: Where Is God? by Kay17: 5:44pm On Nov 29, 2014
PastorAIO:

Beautiful Q
Re: Where Is God? by Mrval20(m): 5:47pm On Nov 29, 2014
plaetton:

How can we find him on earth?
Seek and you shall find.
Re: Where Is God? by plaetton: 5:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
Mrval20:

Seek and you shall find.

How come I don't have to seek and find the Sun, the moon, gravity and all other self-existent wonders of our existence, except for the invisible mysterious skyfairy ?

1 Like

Re: Where Is God? by davien(m): 6:01pm On Nov 29, 2014
GooseBaba:

When you're pounding a very sweet toto and your trouser snake is ready to vomit.. .... Bros, That is where God resides.. grin
So "god" is dopamine?
That would explain the euphoric feeling...people have when "filled with his prescence"
Re: Where Is God? by Mrval20(m): 6:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
plaetton:

How come I don't have to seek and find the Sun, the moon, gravity and all other self-existent wonders of our existence, except for the invisible mysterious skyfairy ?
Because He shares no resemblance with the 'wonders' you mentioned. He's the Supreme God and doesn't force himself on you, that's why you have to sincerely seek in order to find Him. He gave us all free will and that's exactly what you're exercising right now.... You can choose not to believe in his existence; at your own peril.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is God? by plaetton: 6:26pm On Nov 29, 2014
Mrval20:

Because He shares no resemblance with the 'wonders' you mentioned. He's the Supreme God and doesn't force himself on you, that's why you have to sincerely seek in order to find Him. He gave us all free will and that's exactly what you're exercising right now.... You can choose not to believe in his existence; at your own peril.

And he is invisible too, right?
Re: Where Is God? by plaetton: 6:26pm On Nov 29, 2014
Mrval20:

And by the way , are we talking about Zeus ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is God? by plaetton: 6:28pm On Nov 29, 2014
Mrval20:

You can choose not to believe in his existence; at your own peril.

What exactly do I stand to lose by not believing in this invisible fairy?
Re: Where Is God? by macof(m): 6:40pm On Nov 29, 2014
PastorAIO:

Location is of huge importance in understanding the identity of a thing.
Re: Where Is God? by macof(m): 6:42pm On Nov 29, 2014
Alvelt14:
Everywhere, name it
God is everywhere

Don't take this as mockery but is God also in feces undecided
Re: Where Is God? by macof(m): 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2014
Mrval20:

So God is of two folds
One Spirit the other Humanoid

Perfect that explains his walking through the garden of Eden like A man would

I jst wonder is this the origin of God the father, God the holy spirit undecided
Re: Where Is God? by macof(m): 6:50pm On Nov 29, 2014
plaetton:

It's amazing as Science has proven the existence of countless nebulas, stars and planets billions of light years away but no sign of heaven which Jesus supposedly elevated to
Re: Where Is God? by hungryboy(m): 6:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
Re: Where Is God? by PastorAIO: 8:27pm On Nov 29, 2014
macof:

Location is of huge importance in understanding the identity of a thing.

How Huge? And what part do you think something like Heisenberg's uncertainty principle plays on your understanding of identity.

For those who don't know Heisenberg's uncertainty principle.....

This is what is know as the uncertainty principle, that certain quantities, such as position, energy and time, are unknown, except by probabilities. In its purest form, the uncertainty principle states that accurate knowledge of complementarity pairs is impossible. For example, you can measure the location of an electron, but not its momentum (energy) at the same time.

http://abyss.uoregon.edu/~js/ast123/lectures/lec06.html

Same webpage also goes on to say...

The wave nature of the microscopic world makes the concept of `position' difficult for subatomic particles. Even a wave packet has some `fuzziness' associated with it. An electron in orbit has no position to speak of, other than it is somewhere in its orbit.
Re: Where Is God? by baye2023(m): 8:35pm On Nov 29, 2014
Where is God? is lyk asking where is Air..unseen buh evrywherr nd can b felt same as God....wat u seek is within you..
Re: Where Is God? by baye2023(m): 8:38pm On Nov 29, 2014
macof:

Don't take this as mockery but is God also in feces undecided

faeces? poor thinking
Re: Where Is God? by Weah96: 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
GooseBaba:

This is so true!
Re: Where Is God? by Weah96: 8:57pm On Nov 29, 2014
baye2023:
Where is God? is lyk asking where is Air..unseen buh evrywherr nd can b felt same as God....wat u seek is within you..

There is no argument about the wind being real. If the God of that bible is within you, then you need help. The man sacrificed his own son.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A White Man Slays In Celestial Church Of Christ White Garment... / Trinity Explained / Bible Contradictions: Should Christians Judge Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.