Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Trinity Explained - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinity Explained (3883 Views)

About The Trinity / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trinity Explained by kolaxy(m): 5:18am On Sep 20, 2009
The doctrine of the Trinity — that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are each equally and eternally the one true God — is admittedly difficult to comprehend, and yet is the very foundation of Christian truth. Although skeptics may ridicule it as a mathematical impossibility, it is nevertheless a basic doctrine of Scripture as well as profoundly realistic in both universal experience and in the scientific understanding of the cosmos-Quote from Henry Morris

TRI-UNITY — The teaching of the Bible concerning the Trinity might be summarized thus. God is a Tri-unity, with each Person of the Godhead equally and fully and eternally God. Each is necessary, and each is distinct, and yet all are one. The three Persons appear in a logical, causal order. The Father is the unseen, omnipresent Source of all being, revealed in and by the Son, experienced in and by the Holy Spirit. The Son proceeds from the Father, and the Spirit from the Son. With reference to God's creation, the Father is the Thought behind it, the Son is the Word calling it forth, and the Spirit is the Deed making it a reality.

THE FOLLOWING ARE MY PERSONAL SUBMISSION WITH INSPIRATION FROM THE 'WORD' OF GOD

(Please I'll like to make it as simple as possible using 3 simple illustrations and I hope you'll read with an open mind)

Introduction

Jesus is God because He(Jesus) is the WORD of God.

Let's just imagine the word(s) coming out of our mouth. Are they not part of us? Our word(s) is part of 'us'. So also our 'spirit'.We cannot separate ourselves from the words coming out of our mouth and likewise our spirit. I cannot say the word(s) coming out of your mouth is/are not yours or part of you. Likewise your spirit. To me,'YOU',YOUR WORD(S) and YOUR SPIRIT are still WHO you are as an 'ENTITY'. Same for God. God cannot separate himself from His WORD(Jesus) and His Spirit.

For instance, imagine if you(A) were hiding in a Cave and I heard your voice through the word(s) of your mouth, won't I recognize that it's you-(A) speaking? So also is God's WORD i.e JESUS.

1) GOD the FATHER, GOD the SON and GOD the HOLY SPIRIT (TRINITY) IN 'THE BIRTH OF JESUS'

That 'WORD' was what became 'Flesh or Man' in the womb of Virgin Mary through the Holy Spirit. Luke 1:34-35 reads, "How will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?" The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the POWER of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the SON of GOD.

Note:the 'WORD' the power of God came to the Virgin Mary from God and with the help of the HOLY SPIRIT, it came upon the Virgin Mary and she became pregnant.

John 1:14 reads; The Word(Jesus) became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

(Rev 19:11-13) And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

(2) GOD the FATHER, GOD the SON and GOD the HOLY SPIRIT (TRINITY) IN CREATION

Genesis 1:1-4 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.

NOTE:'God said let there be light'. That's HIS WORD(Jesus). If you believe that GOD'S WORD (Jesus)' is God's POWER,then you are there. grin Through him(WORD)God created everything.

John 1:1-4, 14 In the beginning the Word(Jesus) already existed. The Word(Jesus) was with God, and the Word(Jesus) was God. He(Jesus) existed in the beginning with God. God created everything through Him(Jesus), and nothing was created except through Him(Jesus). The Word(Jesus) gave life to everything that was created, and His life brought light to everyone. So the Word(Jesus) became human and made His home among us. He(Jesus) was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen His glory, the glory of the Father's one and only Son.

John 8:58 "Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.' How possible? Answer above.

"I and My Father are one." (John 10:30)

So, it's the Father working through Jesus the Son(WORD) and Holy Spirit that created everything that was, that is and that will be.

(3) GOD the FATHER, GOD the SON and GOD the HOLY SPIRIT (TRINITY) ONLY KNOWS ALL

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (the Son), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one (KJV).

Finally,

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." (Revelation 1:cool
Re: Trinity Explained by Bobbyaf(m): 6:39am On Sep 20, 2009
Let me ask you a simple question. Of the three persons that comprise the Deity, who will the redeemed see when they get to heaven? Just want your thought on it.
Re: Trinity Explained by mandiiee(f): 7:26am On Sep 20, 2009
Bobbyaf:

Let me ask you a simple question. Of the three persons that comprise the Deity, who will the redeemed see when they get to heaven? Just want your thought on it.

All of them in ONE , I guess!
Re: Trinity Explained by Abuzola(m): 8:05am On Sep 20, 2009
Senseless ! Show us trinity in the bible amd save ur plagarized lies, if a man has 3 wife he equally becomes a trinity concept, christianity and their false teaching. Trinity doesn't exist till in the 20th century. I guess paul forgot to put it down. Hahaha Allah ya gyara
Re: Trinity Explained by xynerio(m): 10:20am On Sep 20, 2009
Read john 1:1-3 and see about God and christ if they are not one. You all know the truth but cant admit it. Read also the baptism of jesus and tell me the event that took place there. The only thing ur pastor preaches is God loves a cheerful giver.
Re: Trinity Explained by Bobbyaf(m): 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2009
@ Abuzola

Senseless ! Show us trinity in the bible amd save your plagarized lies, if a man has 3 wife he equally becomes a trinity concept, christianity and their false teaching. Trinity doesn't exist till in the 20th century. I guess paul forgot to put it down. Hahaha Allah ya gyara

The bible accounts for the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. There you have three!
Re: Trinity Explained by Abuzola(m): 7:35pm On Sep 20, 2009
What a shame ! My wives are Alima, khadijah and sadiya, i am also a bondage of trinity. This is tantamount to what you mean.
Re: Trinity Explained by DeepSight(m): 7:35pm On Sep 20, 2009
Did Jesus ever claim to be God? Please review these:

The words of Jesus:

John 8:40: “You are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God.”

John 17:3: "Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

Mark 13:32:"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

John 5:19: "Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does”

John 14:28: "You heard me say,'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

John 20:17: "Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them,'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God[color=#990000][/color] and your God.”

Mark 10:18: “Do not call me good, only God is good.”

Guys from the foregoing there can be NO DOUBT, that Jesus NEVER, NOT EVEN FOR ONE SECOND, regarded himself as God. Notwithstanding anything the hero-worshipping Apostles will tell you. But even they said a lot to show that they didn’t think so –

1Timothy 2:5: "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 1:3: “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Acts 2:22 - “Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.”

Acts 2:36: “God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

Let’s face it: the Trinity was created by the Roman Catholic Church and not Jesus Christ, and now people are ready to die to affirm the truth of it, disregarding Jesus’ own words.

So beware: calling him God – or “part of God” – is definitely blasphemy.
Re: Trinity Explained by kolaxy(m): 7:42pm On Sep 20, 2009
@Bobbyaf: Let me ask you a simple question. Of the three persons that comprise the Deity, who will the redeemed see when they get to heaven? Just want your thought on it.

Answer: GOD wink
Re: Trinity Explained by Atheists: 7:42pm On Sep 20, 2009
God sacrificing himself to himself so that he can forgive us of our sins.
Re: Trinity Explained by Bobbyaf(m): 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2009
Did Jesus ever claim to be God? Please review these:

The words of Jesus:

John 8:40: “, you are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God.”

John 17:3: "Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

Mark 13:32:"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

John 5:19: "Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does”

John 14:28: "You heard me say,'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

John 20:17: "Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them,'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.”

Mark 10:18: “Do not call me good, only God is good.”

Guys from the foregoing there can be NO DOUBT, that Jesus NEVER, NOT EVEN FOR ONE SECOND, regarded himself as God. Notwithstanding anything the hero-worshipping Apostles will tell you. But even they said a lot to show that they didn’t think so –

1Timothy 2:5: "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 1:3: “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Acts 2:22 - “Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.”

Acts 2:36: “God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

Let’s face it: the Trinity was created by the Roman Catholic Church and not Jesus Christ, and now people are ready to die to affirm the truth of it, disregarding Jesus’ own words.

So beware: calling him God – or “part of God” – is definitely blasphemy.

Do not confuse Jesus' humility and complete submission with what He is. In order to have saved mankind from sin, He who is "the express image of His Father", and "who thought it not robbery to be equal with God, and made Himself of no reputation" had to do what He had to do.

Jesus was fully man who had to divest Himself of all divinity in order to prove to humankind that it was possible to be true to God. He was the second Adam. In fact He, Jesus had all the weaknesses and propensities that the first Adam didn't have, yet He was successful in not sinning.  

John 1:14 makes it abundantly clear who Jesus was before He "became flesh and dwelt among us"
Re: Trinity Explained by Bobbyaf(m): 7:48pm On Sep 20, 2009

No! God the Father sacrificed His Son who also shares the same title of God. God is not a name but a title.
Re: Trinity Explained by Atheists: 8:07pm On Sep 20, 2009
@Bobbyaf

Isn't it one god manifesting himself in three ways ? Or it is three different separate gods ?
Re: Trinity Explained by kolaxy(m): 8:13pm On Sep 20, 2009
@Atheist, 'God sacrificing himself to himself so that he can forgive us of our sins', You are 100% right

Whenever you forgive, you sacrifice. You absorb the pain and suffering of what is inflicted upon you. You choose not to relieve your pain through revenge, retribution, or in any other way. You take the penalty on yourself. That is what God in Christ did for us on the cross. He simply absorbed the pain, suffering, and justice for our sins. The physical, visible event was an outward manifestation and demonstration of the invisible and spiritual act of forgiving. We tend to see it in judicial and natural terms, but this is really about grace and eternity and God's way of expressing His love. It is relational. He does everything possible to block our way to hell. Hell is not His intent for us. There is no need for it. All the provision is made. wink
Re: Trinity Explained by Bobbyaf(m): 8:22pm On Sep 20, 2009
@Bobbyaf

Isn't it one god manifesting himself in three ways ? Or it is three different separate gods ?

The word God is what is confusing people. Let me give you an analogy. Every member of the British monarchy is referred to as "your Majesty"

The term God can be seen in that respect. Its a title that describes all the attributes of all the members of the Deity.
Re: Trinity Explained by olabowale(m): 9:03pm On Sep 20, 2009
@Kolaxy: « on: Today at 05:18:15 AM »
The doctrine of the Trinity — that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are each equally and eternally the one true God — is admittedly difficult to comprehend, and yet is the very foundation of Christian truth. Although skeptics may ridicule it as a mathematical impossibility, it is nevertheless a basic doctrine of Scripture as well as profoundly realistic in both universal experience and in the scientific understanding of the cosmos-Quote from Henry Morris
Henry Morris; you must have been smoking something that causes allucination to present from your own intro, a have wrong, concept even before you started any explanation and thinking afterwards, you will have any audience that will be gullible enough not to see how wide the window to iconoclastically trip down your concept that is empty in reality?
Re: Trinity Explained by olabowale(m): 9:10pm On Sep 20, 2009
TRI-UNITY — The teaching of the Bible concerning the Trinity might be summarized thus. God is a Tri-unity, with each Person of the Godhead equally and fully and eternally God. Each is necessary, and each is distinct, and yet all are one. The three Persons appear in a logical, causal order. The Father is the unseen, omnipresent Source of all being, revealed in and by the Son, experienced in and by the Holy Spirit. The Son proceeds from the Father, and the Spirit from the Son. With reference to God's creation, the Father is the Thought behind it, the Son is the Word calling it forth, and the Spirit is the Deed making it a reality.
See how openly shameless this writer is in his dishonesty? He cant bring himself to write the word of word three or the equivalent figure 3, yet he deceived us with the Tri, only well acquintted to people inclined in math as in Triginometry; 3?! I will have my saying about this later, but let me have fun on the dishonesty of this special christian man. He probably thinks he is doing them a favor penning something down. yauck!
Re: Trinity Explained by olabowale(m): 9:16pm On Sep 20, 2009
THE FOLLOWING ARE MY PERSONAL SUBMISSION WITH INSPIRATION FROM THE 'WORD' OF GOD

(Please I'll like to make it as simple as possible using 3 simple illustrations and I hope you'll read with an open mind)

Introduction

Jesus is God because He(Jesus) is the WORD of God.

Let's just imagine the word(s) coming out of our mouth. Are they not part of us? Our word(s) is part of 'us'. So also our 'spirit'.We cannot separate ourselves from the words coming out of our mouth and likewise our spirit. I cannot say the word(s) coming out of your mouth is/are not yours or part of you. Likewise your spirit. To me,'YOU',YOUR WORD(S) and YOUR SPIRIT are still WHO you are as an 'ENTITY'. Same for God. God cannot separate himself from His WORD(Jesus) and His Spirit.
This classic. So all the recording that people have made of my voice; the ones with my mother are me (say ten tapes and maybe 2 videos making 12 olabowales with mom, alone). How about the others with various family members? In the long run how many Olabowales running around in words, if we follow this brainless thinking of the most eminent Christian exegist, Mr. Morris?
Re: Trinity Explained by Abuzola(m): 9:22pm On Sep 20, 2009
@boby, are you saying that jesus is not god ?
Re: Trinity Explained by olabowale(m): 9:26pm On Sep 20, 2009
For instance, imagine if you(A) were hiding in a Cave and I heard your voice through the word(s) of your mouth, won't I recognize that it's you-(A) speaking? So also is God's WORD i.e JESUS.
Did Morris and kolaxy forgot that if you went to the cave you will find the Physical speaker of the word? Where was God the Speaker Whom Jesus was His "Word as HIM" according to the argument above?

God did not leave His position, hence His word, a simple Command; Come as My creation, the same as it was for Adam, Eve, and indeed all creation does not mean that word isnow God. If it were when Jesus was reported to have been hung, then the One Who spoke him out was also hung! It is was, then Jesus was ran into the wilderness by the devil, then the Speaker by which he is His word was also ran nto the the wilderness by the devil!

It it were, all the controls that the devil had over Jesus the word would just be exactly the same on the Speaker Who spoke him out!

If the word is the same with the Speaker, when Jesus said that he did not know the time of the hour, then The Speaker did not know the time of the Hour which Jesus said it is known only by God? Then Jesus of the Bible must have been not telling the truth, or it is Mr. Morris who is the big fat liar!

CHRISTIANS NEED TO MAKE A CHOICE RIGHT THIS MINUTE on who is lying; Jesus or Morris?
Re: Trinity Explained by olabowale(m): 9:44pm On Sep 20, 2009
1) GOD the FATHER, GOD the SON and GOD the HOLY SPIRIT (TRINITY) IN 'THE BIRTH OF JESUS'

That 'WORD' was what became 'Flesh or Man' in the womb of Virgin Mary through the Holy Spirit. Luke 1:34-35 reads, "How will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?" The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the POWER of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the SON of GOD.

Note:the 'WORD' the power of God came to the Virgin Mary from God and with the help of the HOLY SPIRIT, it came upon the Virgin Mary and she became pregnant.
No sex? Is there a man who overshadows and comes upon his wife, and for the illicit sex patriots, women in the generic sense, and there is pregnancy as its outcome would say there is no sex and male semen discharges? This is why we mock that you people take Mary as wife of Holy Ghost since he is the one that did the overshadowing, coming upon (its all about mounting!)! And you love to deny this.

John 1:14 reads; The Word(Jesus) became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

(Rev 19:11-13) And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Hogwash! And father is still complete. No, or this time he needs food to survive as a word? Should a Creator produces for Himself as Himself a complete Him having the attributes of creation and not of Himself, so He now dies, needs foot, cries, begs, weeps, prays, beat up, and do you guys want me to give you all the attributes of man, again??

I see Dog lovers call their animals their children, and when they conjugate, they produce sons and daughters who are now exactly like the cats, eating cat food or dog foods, being in litter boxs as cats and left in the dog house in the yard? Nonsense!
Re: Trinity Explained by kolaxy(m): 10:21pm On Sep 20, 2009
1 Cor 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. wink
Re: Trinity Explained by Abuzola(m): 10:27pm On Sep 20, 2009
Yeah thats the saying of paul, the arch enemy of christ
Re: Trinity Explained by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 20, 2009
Abuzola:

Yeah thats the saying of paul, the arch enemy of christ

Actually Paul is the arch-enemy of islam and its false Christ.
Re: Trinity Explained by olabowale(m): 11:00pm On Sep 20, 2009
(2) GOD the FATHER, GOD the SON and GOD the HOLY SPIRIT (TRINITY) IN CREATION

Genesis 1:1-4 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
The earth was formless and empty, and darkness covered the deep waters. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.[/]

[b]NOTE:'God said let there be light'. That's HIS WORD(Jesus).
If you believe that [b]GOD'S WORD (Jesus)' is God's POWER,[/b]then you are there.   Through him(WORD)God created everything.
I am taking away 4 things from the above;

(a) God alone created heavens and earth, and no one was mentioned to be involved with Him.

(b)For the first time God saw light, because it was stated that He saw that light was good, showing that He did not have full knowledge! Is this what the Torah of the Jews and the Bible of the Christians take God the Creator to become?

(c)Jesus as the word in "light form" is introduced here (Jesus #1), he is complete and separate here. Therefore it will be taken that Jesus is separated from God as a ful other God person in this case and everytime that the same God who was alone before Jesus speaks from here on, end, another Jesus is produced, since when hHe created the heavens and the earth above, He did not speak and no Jesus came out! Or unless it can it be  explained any other way, snce the initial explanation of the man in the cave and his voice allows us to pinpoint the existence f the man in the cave and "nowhere else?"

(d)I am now and all of us now will have to believe that when God spoke another Jesus is produced, therefore by His spoken word which is now Jesus, Jinn is created, so Jinn and Jesus must be synanemous, so it is when it comes to birds of all types and kinds, animals, trees, stones, etc! So how many Jesus are there? Uncountable just as much as the creations are!

John 1:1-4, 14 In the beginning the Word(Jesus) already existed.
Liar because from your statement, until let there be light, Jesus did not exist! I guess this man does not think people will pay attention to his statement?

The Word(Jesus) was with God, and the Word(Jesus) was God. He(Jesus) existed in the beginning with God. God created everything through Him(Jesus), and nothing was created except through Him(Jesus).
Liar, from your own statement the heavens and earth were created before the Word was spoken! Your hypothesis is now in shamble! Christians with their archilles heels, all in an effort to deceive! Lol. I am going to leave the ridiculous propositions that he listed above alone where he is errounously claiming that Word and God are the same, its simply not, otherwise when word as Jesus died then the Speaker dies, too? And no one will say God is dead unless the atheists, agnostics and the peripherial atheists and agnostics, the Christians by the statements of saying that God and Jesus are the same!

The Word(Jesus) gave life to everything that was created, and His life brought light to everyone. At best if we accept your theory, since there are still "darkness" then Jesus as the word gave life as light when there is light, and in darkness, surprisingly there is life, so how do you explain the life without Jesus? I now propose that all that you say is conjecture, since Jesus as light is not always present, seeing that there is darkness before light and there is still darkness now, nighttime is darkness, no?

So the Word(Jesus) became human and made His home among us. He(Jesus) was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen His glory, the glory of the Father's one and only Son.
Did anyone noticed how this man merged everything gradually into Jesus? We in my time say it is Wuru wuru to the answer! Not an aota of truth in it! It is illogical even going by his own standard since there are only two ways; Right or Wrong, and he is not right by a long shot, not 100%, so he has to be wrong, completely wrong!

John 8:58 "Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.' How possible? Answer above.
There is no answer above, and affirmatively, before Jesus was on earth, I Olabowale, I am! How possible; I was created as a soul removed from the back of Adam, still in the spiritual realm, even before Eve our mother was created as the mate of Adam, before they both went into the Garden of paradise, before they were tested by Sahitan, before they were sent out because they went close to the tree which they have been warned about! You see all my reason for saying that i am, instead of the illogical statement that Mt. Morris is providg? A 5th grader can see how silly his idea is!

"I and My Father are one." (John 10:30)
This does not make sense since you have the operative conductions and and the plural qualifier are in play, denoting the differences in entity, positions and place and the fact that the heavens and earth were created before the "word" was spoken the first time, Time itself. Funny enough, we did not hear Jesus talking in heavens, but until in earth, another proof that he did not exist at all, not in any form whatseever! God holds sway over all things and it shows by His ability to exist before creation and at best Jesus existed after heavens and earth were already created, only at time that light was "Commanded" by speech to come into existence, even then, God alone separated light from darkness! Did Jesus do anything? No because he was not there!

So, it's the Father working through Jesus the Son(WORD) and Holy Spirit that created everything that was, that is and that will be.
The answer is no, since He was able to create heavens and earth before He spoke a single word. Read your own statement to see how silly your propositions are! And it was not until light which according to you brought about Jesus. Even then we have darkness, so Jesus have really played no role and it is clear to me that God creates what He wills, Light and darkness, a form and its negative, like He being the Creator and the rest beinfg the creation!
Re: Trinity Explained by Abuzola(m): 11:06pm On Sep 20, 2009
@david, don't be a traitor, are you saying paul wasn't an arch enemy of jesus ? What if i quote a verse what will ye do ?
Re: Trinity Explained by olabowale(m): 11:08pm On Sep 20, 2009
(3) GOD the FATHER, GOD the SON and GOD the HOLY SPIRIT (TRINITY) ONLY KNOWS ALL
1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (the Son), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one (KJV).
Sheepishly, he finally writes three (3)! Well then, how do you explain when the desciples who knows Jesus more than any one on earth and even earlier generations personalities like Paul, who were not eyewitnesses to Jesus ministry, while the disciples were and intimate friends and allies to him said about Jesus relationship to God; Jesus your servant whom you sent?

Finally,
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty." (Revelation 1:
Was Jesus saying this or somebody, a zealot saying it to justify his own position? But an alpha and omega is never interrupted, and if there is an interruption, it means there is a an end, and then a beginning again? Is this what Christian God the Creator is?
Re: Trinity Explained by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 20, 2009
Abuzola:

@david, don't be a traitor, are you saying paul wasn't an arch enemy of jesus ? What if i quote a verse what will ye do ?

He never was after his conversion on the road to Damascus, he instead became Christ's chiefest apostle. Please islam and its lies nauseate me.

Honesty is not a virtue with you and your ilk.
Re: Trinity Explained by kolaxy(m): 11:12pm On Sep 20, 2009

@olabowale
Did Morris and kolaxy forgot that if you went to the cave you will find the Physical speaker of the word? Where was God the Speaker Whom Jesus was His "Word as HIM" according to the argument above?

With all due respect Sir Olabs, I'll say the above is the first reasonable analysis from you as far as this thread is concern.I'm not being respectful.You are right by saying I will find the Speaker in the above 'picture' cos it's physical desription.But we are discussing God here.Not Man.We are discussing:

-One with unlimited power, unlimited wisdom, unlimited holiness
-One who is the creator of all things, the sustainer of all things, the knower of all things
-One who is eternal, immortal, and invisible
Indeed, this Supreme Being fills the entire universe with His presence - Jer 23:23-24

But through jesus we see God. In coming to this earth, Jesus declared or manifested God to us - Jn 1:18
For one thing, He came to this earth from God, and is the only one who has truly seen Him - Jn 6:46 wink
Re: Trinity Explained by olabowale(m): 11:13pm On Sep 20, 2009
@Bobbyaf: « #11 on: Today at 07:48:35 PM »  

No! God the Father sacrificed His Son who also shares the same title of God. God is not a name but a title.
Whats the name of God then? And what the name of Jesus? Are they the same name?

If they are in every respect, both died according to the christians and therefore at some time, there was God?
Re: Trinity Explained by Abuzola(m): 11:14pm On Sep 20, 2009
Paul tried his best to ruin christianity and he thought that by lying he could get easy access to ruin it and at last he made it.

E.g a christian is not allowed to enter makkah or madina but if you lie to be a muslim then you can get entrance and do your destruction
Re: Trinity Explained by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 20, 2009
Abuzola:

Paul tried his best to ruin christianity and he thought that by lying he could get easy access to ruin it and at last he made it.

E.g a christian is not allowed to enter makkah or madina but if you lie to be a muslim then you can get entrance and do your destruction

this lie is constantly perpetuated by muslims because the uncompromising gospel of Jesus Christ as preached by Paul completely invalidates islam and its forced fraudulent attempt to attach itself BY FORCE to the Christ in the bible. If Paul had been vague i'm sure mohammad would have claimed him for a "prophet of allah" too.

Muslims never cease to amaze with their incoherent garble . . . they HATE christianity YET HATE Paul the more for trying to ruin christianity? How does this square with common sense and logic?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Jw Member Told Me This: Shocking!! / Richest Pastors In The World 2020: No. 1 Will Shock You / Be Careful You Don’t Talk Bad Against Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.