Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,119 members, 7,953,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:26 PM

Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God (5293 Views)

Swimming In Space By The Gravitational Waves - Mentioned In The Noble Quran / Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In / Muhammad Is Mentioned By The Exact Name In The Gospel Of Barnabas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Ikanium(m): 8:58am On Feb 20, 2013
Religion debate are some times annoying but we indulge in them sometimes to clearify some things. I asked a muslim friend a question ''where do you think the Christians will go when this earth is no more''? And he narrate that they muslims believe in Jesus Christ, they believe He was a prophet a mesenger of God, they follow Him but they don't worship Him because the Muslims are of the notion that Jesus Christ is no God.... He gave me an audio where the Imam said same thing, he also said open a Bible chapter where Jesus said He is God and i will accept Christianity. And house i have seen alot of adverts with the writing Jesus is Lord.......
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 20, 2013
Jesus is Lord and Jesus is God not the same. Lord is master and God is the divine intelligence, the creator and All in All. Dnt get it twisted. Jesus is an epitome of God. Even anthroplologist view God as possesing human parts eg. Eye, hands, mouth etc. That's why u read chapter of the quoran were it states that Allah sees, Allah's holy hand etc. Jesus frm christain point of view is a replica of God in human form to reconcile man/sinners back to God. It takes a spirtual eye and wisdom to know that nt mere human understanding.
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by enilove(m): 2:53pm On Feb 20, 2013
If your fathers name is "Yakubu Olajuwon". And the saw name is "Olajuwon",are you not "Olajuwon" also?If your own name is Taiwo,people will call you "Taiwo Olajuwon".You can be refered to ,anywhere as "Olajuwon".Not only do you answer your fathers name,you also inherit his blood and genes too.The DNA test can be conducted to verify if truly you are the son of Yakubu Olajuwon.

A young lion is a lion.
A son of God is God.
God is the title of the Supreme creator of all flesh and the universe.
Jesus said "My father and I are one.If his father is a God,then he is a God too.
A husband and his wife are one,it will not be wrong to call her "mrs the husband's name",like mrs Olajuwon.
If you are walking on the road with your wife, and you introduce yourself to a stranger as Kunle and say "this is my wife",at another time d stranger would call ur wife mrs Kunle, because the two of you are one.

Lets read in the bible where Jesus calls himself God:

In John 10:25-37.Jesus answered them,"I told u ,and ye believe not:the works that I do in my fathers name,they ,they bear witness of me.But ye believe me not,because ye are not of my sheep,as I said unto you.My sheep hear my voice and I know them,& they follow me:And I give unto them eternal life:and they shall never perish,neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.My Father,which gave them me ,is greater than all; & no man is able to pluck them out of my Fathers hand.I and my Father are one.
verse 31 - 38 .Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.Jesus said "Many good works have I showed you from my Father ;for which of those works do ye stone me? The jews answered him, for a good work we stone thee not ;but for blashhemy;and because thou BEING A MAN MAKEST THYSELF GOD.Jesus answered them "Is it not written I said YE ARE gods? If he called them gods ,unto whom the word of God came ,and d scripture cannot be broken;say ye of him,whom the Father hath sanctified,and sent into the world,'Thou blashphemest; because I said I AM THE SON OF GOD?If I do not the works of my father ,believe me not.

From the above scripture ,u can see where Jesus said that, he is the son of God.and the pharasees concluded that as a man Jesus was telling them that he is a god by saying he is the son of God in heaven.

A young lion is a lion.
If God could call d Israelites gods ( created in Gods image),Jesus Christ who had no earthly father is a higher god,but not God the Father.

The muslims are serving a different God that is different from the God that called Jesus Christ, His son, and gave him power to heal the sick ,open the eyes of the blind,raised the dead and commanded the sea to be calm ,and the sea obeyed. The quran said it was not Jesus Christ that was crucified on the cross.The God that sent Jesus Christ said 'one man one wife',but the god that called Muhammed said more than one wife.
So writing things and miracles of Jesus in the quran does not mean that they believe him,neither are the two books from the same God.God is not a confusionist.

The birth of Jesus was through the holy spirit, if the holy spirit is the Spirit of God,who then is his Father if not God.If the blood that was flowing inside Jesus was of the Holy spirit,because DNA test can not link him to any earthly father,then his is a son of God,and has the attributes of his father,God Almighty.That was why he could raised Lazarus that was dead for 4 days back to life.

Jesus does not need to say categorically again that he is god.God himself called the israelites gods. The title God is not as important as the relationship btw Jesus and God his father.God said in the bible "thou shall not worship other gods beside me".
God is a title ,and it is the same as "Alpha and Omega".
Revelation 1:8, Jesus Christ calls himself the "Alpha and the Omega".

God is a title,and Jesus has what it takes to bear the title ,by virtue of his birth.

Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by dapsonlou(m): 4:09am On Mar 06, 2013
Ikanium: Religion debate are some times annoying but we indulge in them sometimes to clearify some things. I asked a muslim friend a question ''where do you think the Christians will go when this earth is no more''? And he narrate that they muslims believe in Jesus Christ, they believe He was a prophet a mesenger of God, they follow Him but they don't worship Him because the Muslims are of the notion that Jesus Christ is no God.... He gave me an audio where the Imam said same thing, he also said open a Bible chapter where Jesus said He is God and i will accept Christianity. And house i have seen alot of adverts with the writing Jesus is Lord.......

Lord means master not God, thats why some people got it wrong.. Jesus is Gods messenger a true prophet not like the fakes we have today
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by wazobiaforu(m): 11:27pm On Mar 06, 2013
enilove: If your fathers name is "Yakubu Olajuwon". And the saw name is "Olajuwon",are you not "Olajuwon" also?If your own name is Taiwo,people will call you "Taiwo Olajuwon".You can be refered to ,anywhere as "Olajuwon".Not only do you answer your fathers name,you also inherit his blood and genes too.The DNA test can be conducted to verify if truly you are the son of Yakubu Olajuwon.

A young lion is a lion.
A son of God is God.
God is the title of the Supreme creator of all flesh and the universe.
Jesus said "My father and I are one.If his father is a God,then he is a God too.
A husband and his wife are one,it will not be wrong to call her "mrs the husband's name",like mrs Olajuwon.
If you are walking on the road with your wife, and you introduce yourself to a stranger as Kunle and say "this is my wife",at another time d stranger would call ur wife mrs Kunle, because the two of you are one.

Lets read in the bible where Jesus calls himself God:

In John 10:25-37.Jesus answered them,"I told u ,and ye believe not:the works that I do in my fathers name,they ,they bear witness of me.But ye believe me not,because ye are not of my sheep,as I said unto you.My sheep hear my voice and I know them,& they follow me:And I give unto them eternal life:and they shall never perish,neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.My Father,which gave them me ,is greater than all; & no man is able to pluck them out of my Fathers hand.I and my Father are one.
verse 31 - 38 .Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.Jesus said "Many good works have I showed you from my Father ;for which of those works do ye stone me? The jews answered him, for a good work we stone thee not ;but for blashhemy;and because thou BEING A MAN MAKEST THYSELF GOD.Jesus answered them "Is it not written I said YE ARE gods? If he called them gods ,unto whom the word of God came ,and d scripture cannot be broken;say ye of him,whom the Father hath sanctified,and sent into the world,'Thou blashphemest; because I said I AM THE SON OF GOD?If I do not the works of my father ,believe me not.

From the above scripture ,u can see where Jesus said that, he is the son of God.and the pharasees concluded that as a man Jesus was telling them that he is a god by saying he is the son of God in heaven.

A young lion is a lion.
If God could call d Israelites gods ( created in Gods image),Jesus Christ who had no earthly father is a higher god,but not God the Father.

The muslims are serving a different God that is different from the God that called Jesus Christ, His son, and gave him power to heal the sick ,open the eyes of the blind,raised the dead and commanded the sea to be calm ,and the sea obeyed. The quran said it was not Jesus Christ that was crucified on the cross.The God that sent Jesus Christ said 'one man one wife',but the god that called Muhammed said more than one wife.
So writing things and miracles of Jesus in the quran does not mean that they believe him,neither are the two books from the same God.God is not a confusionist.

The birth of Jesus was through the holy spirit, if the holy spirit is the Spirit of God,who then is his Father if not God.If the blood that was flowing inside Jesus was of the Holy spirit,because DNA test can not link him to any earthly father,then his is a son of God,and has the attributes of his father,God Almighty.That was why he could raised Lazarus that was dead for 4 days back to life.

Jesus does not need to say categorically again that he is god.God himself called the israelites gods. The title God is not as important as the relationship btw Jesus and God his father.God said in the bible "thou shall not worship other gods beside me".
God is a title ,and it is the same as "Alpha and Omega".
Revelation 1:8, Jesus Christ calls himself the "Alpha and the Omega".

God is a title,and Jesus has what it takes to bear the title ,by virtue of his birth.

Thanks

Now i understand ... Thank you sir

If A = B
& B = C
Then A = C (just a deductive reasoning)

You are also Son of God
Are you also GOD ?

3 Likes

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by italo: 7:34am On Mar 07, 2013
John 1:1 "In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God."

Do the Muslims believe this part of the Bible or they just pick and choose the parts that favour that fallacy?
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by enilove(m): 9:22am On Mar 07, 2013
wazobia_for_u:

Now i understand ... Thank you sir

If A = B
& B = C
Then A = C (just a deductive reasoning)

You are also Son of God
Are you also GOD ?

Psalm 82:6 says " I have said,ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

All those who live a holy and sanctified life and believe that God exists are children of God and are gods, if they obey God.According to d above verse.

Yes, I am a god. Since my creator who is God that created me in His image said so.

The book of Acts 28:3-6 narrates "And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks ,and laid them on d fire there came a viper out of the heat,and fastened on his hand.And when the barbarians saw d venomous beast hang on his hand,they said among themselves,No doubt this man is a murderer,whom ,though he hath escaped d sea,yet veangeance suffereth him not to live.And he shook off the beast into fire ,& felt no harm.Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen,or fallen down dead suddenly:but after they had kooked a great while ,& saw no harm come to him ,they changed their minds,& said that he was a god.
You can see that even people in those days who were not christians understood more than some of us nowadays.They understood somethings which we dont.
"Ogun" was a human being that lived in the yoruba kingdom in d olden days ;but after his death they started worshipping him because they knew he had exra ordinary power,they call him "god of iron".
The same goes with "Sango",he was a human,but they worshipped him as "god of thunder".The worshipping of any god other than the creator ,God the Almighty, is idolatery and a sin.

The word God or god is a title used in describing a being or person that has more than natural attributes and power. Every human being has this attributes since we have a physical body ,a soul and a spirit.The spiritual part of us makes us to do things which are impossible physically. We communicate with God in the spirit,and He speaks with us from heaven and we can hear him audibly.We see visions,which is spiritual, but for a carnal person,it would seem impossible.
Witches and wizards use this their knowledge to transform into different things.They can turn into birds,cats etc.
The devil and the demons know that we human beings have power & authorities ,but most of us are ignorant of this.We have spiritual and creative powers like our Father in heaven.A ghost will always run away from any living person,unless the person is a dead living person who is too far from God but is still living.

Psalm 139:14 says "I will praise thee ;for I am fearfully and wonderfully made......
That is why the bible says "we shall decree a thing and it shall be established unto us and the light of God shall fall upon our part"

We are more than we think we are, if we move closer to God.

In Exodus 7:1 "And the Lord said unto Moses,see I have made thee a god to Pharaoh:and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet".

A child of God is god if he is obedient to God. As long as we are doing God's will and are faithful to Him,He will not cut us off His power and we can exercise dominion here on earth as His children and as gods.

I hope that satisfies you.

4 Likes

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Ikanium(m): 9:52am On Mar 07, 2013
enilove:

Psalm 82:6 says " I have said,ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

All those who live a holy and sanctified life and believe that God exists are children of God and are gods, if they obey God.According to d above verse.

Yes, I am a god. Since my creator who is God that created me in His image said so.

The book of Acts 28:3-6 narrates "And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks ,and laid them on d fire there came a viper out of the heat,and fastened on his hand.And when the barbarians saw d venomous beast hang on his hand,they said among themselves,No doubt this man is a murderer,whom ,though he hath escaped d sea,yet veangeance suffereth him not to live.And he shook off the beast into fire ,& felt no harm.Howbeit they looked when he should have swollen,or fallen down dead suddenly:but after they had kooked a great while ,& saw no harm come to him ,they changed their minds,& said that he was a god.
You can see that even people in those days who were not christians understood more than some of us nowadays.They understood somethings which we dont.
"Ogun" was a human being that lived in the yoruba kingdom in d olden days ;but after his death they started worshipping him because they knew he had exra ordinary power,they call him "god of iron".
The same goes with "Sango",he was a human,but they worshipped him as "god of thunder".The worshipping of any god other than the creator ,God the Almighty, is idolatery and a sin.

The word God or god is a title used in describing a being or person that has more than natural attributes and power. Every human being has this attributes since we have a physical body ,a soul and a spirit.The spiritual part of us makes us to do things which are impossible physically. We communicate with God in the spirit,and He speaks with us from heaven and we can hear him audibly.We see visions,which is spiritual, but for a carnal person,it would seem impossible.
Witches and wizards use this their knowledge to transform into different things.They can turn into birds,cats etc.
The devil and the demons know that we human beings have power & authorities ,but most of us are ignorant of this.We have spiritual and creative powers like our Father in heaven.A ghost will always run away from any living person,unless the person is a dead living person who is too far from God but is still living.

Psalm 139:14 says "I will praise thee ;for I am fearfully and wonderfully made......
That is why the bible says "we shall decree a thing and it shall be established unto us and the light of God shall fall upon our part"

In Exodus 7:1 "And the Lord said unto Moses,see I have made thee a god to Pharaoh:and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet".

A child of God is god if he is obedient to God. As long as we are doing God's will and are faithful to Him,He will not cut us off His power and we can exercise dominion here on earth as His children and as gods.

100likes on point
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Geewan(m): 12:46pm On Mar 07, 2013
We are derailing ooo

Where is the chapter in the bible?

Still waiting...
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 07, 2013
Jesus himself did not write a book where he asked people to worship him. According to the people who claimed to have been his disciples; he preferred to serve others rather than being served. He washed their feet,fought against injustice,laid down his life for the truth like a true leader would. He probably knew worship was for dictators,tyrants and selfish leaders. WHY Christians chose to worship him is the confusing part!

For a man who had so much influence on our today's society, i wondered why he did not write a book at least. I heard he actually did wrote a book,but they were book of mysteries(hidden knowledge)meant for the enlightened,which are being kept by the Vatican . There are books for kids and obviously separate books for the adults. This is a reason why the bible doesn't explain many things. Those who seek knowledge will certainly find it
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Joagbaje(m): 3:23pm On Mar 07, 2013
Jesus did not have to say he is God. The claim of deity by him will defeat his purpose of coming as man. But the bible testifies of his deity.

Philippians 2:6-7
who, though he was God, did not demand and cling to his rights as God, but laid aside his mighty power and glory, taking the disguise of a slave and becoming like men.

This is reason he didnt claim deity. The highest he did indirectly was to talk of his oneness with God .

John 14:9
. . he that hath seen me hath seen the Father. .
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by enilove(m): 3:41pm On Mar 07, 2013
Geewan: We are derailing ooo

Where is the chapter in the bible?

Still waiting...

I have explained this in my first post.It is written in John 10:25-37.

pls,read it and respond.Am waiting as well.
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Snowwy: 3:48pm On Mar 07, 2013
@OP, I am yet to see the scripture where Jesus said the exact words 'I am God' but He implied it like when he said:

'...before Abraham was, I AM' John 8:58. Ofcourse you know you who the 'I AM that I AM' is. Exodus 3:14.

It seems He preferred the people to reach that conclusion themselves.
He never wanted to take any glory to Himself while on earth and it is possible that it was because He was in the form of man.

However it was prophesied before (Isaiah 9:6) and other scriptures declare Him as God.

And also read Revelations 1:1-10 and see where Jesus said He is the Almighty, emphasis on verse 8.

(Edited)
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Joagbaje(m): 4:27pm On Mar 07, 2013
Snowwy: @
. . .However it was prophesied before (Isaiah 9:6)
Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father . . .

1 Like

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by ichuka(m): 5:10pm On Mar 07, 2013
Snowwy: @OP, I am yet to see the scripture where Jesus said the exact words 'I am God' but He implied it like when he said:

'...before Abraham was, I AM' John 8:58. Ofcourse you know you who the 'I AM that I AM' is. Exodus 3:14.

It seems He preferred the people to reach that conclusion themselves.
He never wanted to take any glory to Himself while on earth and it is possible that it was because He was in the form of man.

However it was prophesied before (Isaiah 9:6) and other scriptures declare Him as God.

And also read Revelations 1:1-10 and see where Jesus said He is the Almighty, emphasis on verse 8.

(Edited)
Job19:25 I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. 26 And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; 27 I myself will see him with my own eyes--I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!
John 20:28 NIV
Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Snowwy: 5:28pm On Mar 07, 2013
^^^^^^^^
True. However, I was dwelling within the line the OP had given...'where did Jesus say He is God'?
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by proo212(m): 5:45pm On Mar 07, 2013
I do not know if the OP is an Atheist, Jehovah's Witness or a Muslim. I would want to lean on the second two because Atheist do not normally ask these type of questions.

@Geewan, please tell me why Allah had to declare that Mohammed is a warner/prophet
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Ikanium(m): 6:30pm On Mar 07, 2013
proo212: I do not know if the OP is an Atheist, Jehovah's Witness or a Muslim. I would want to lean on the second two because Atheist do not normally ask these type of questions.

@Geewan, please tell me why Allah had to declare that Mohammed is a warner/prophet
Atheist Jeez! Far from me.... I am christian Deeper life Bible Church
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Geewan(m): 7:25pm On Mar 07, 2013
enilove:

I have explained this in my first post.It is written in John 10:25-37.

pls,read it and respond.Am waiting as well.

Oga enilove,

Let us keep this very simple. Paste the verse in the bible so we can see.

Are you also God as asked by wazobia?
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Geewan(m): 7:30pm On Mar 07, 2013
proo212: I do not know if the OP is an Atheist, Jehovah's Witness or a Muslim. I would want to lean on the second two because Atheist do not normally ask these type of questions.

I need answers/verses, not questions.
Where are the verses from the bible?
Still waiting...
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by proo212(m): 7:37pm On Mar 07, 2013
@Geewan, this is not the first time this question has been asked. I know the muslim line, that is why I am asking you the question why Allah had to declare Mohammed a warner.

@Ikanium, if you are deeper life then you should know...
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 07, 2013
A mystery in the Bible is a previously unrevealed truth that was not fully revealed until the New Testament. The mystery that is revealed in 1 Timothy 3:16 is that Jesus Christ was wholly man, and wholly God, or God of very God.

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory" (1 Tim. 3:16).
Jesus Christ is according to the Bible, God incarnate in man. The word "incarnate" means: made in the flesh, endowed with a human body; having a human body. The Bible clearly proclaims that Jesus Christ is God.
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 07, 2013
ifeness: Jesus himself did not write a book where he asked people to worship him. According to the people who claimed to have been his disciples; he preferred to serve others rather than being served. He washed their feet,fought against injustice,laid down his life for the truth like a true leader would. He probably knew worship was for dictators,tyrants and selfish leaders. WHY Christians chose to worship him is the confusing part!

For a man who had so much influence on our today's society, i wondered why he did not write a book at least. I heard he actually did wrote a book,but they were book of mysteries(hidden knowledge)meant for the enlightened,which are being kept by the Vatican . There are books for kids and obviously separate books for the adults. This is a reason why the bible doesn't explain many things. Those who seek knowledge will certainly find it
An encounter with Jesus will change your perception of him...paul had an encounter with him and that change him completely..or why do you think paul was able to say who art thou LORD? Why should a persecutor of the early church call him LORD? I also had a similar encounter in 1998..since then my life has never been the same...JESUS CHRIST THE SAME YESTERDAY TODAY AND FOREVER.
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Geewan(m): 8:57pm On Mar 07, 2013
If Jesus (PBUH) was God then

Whom he used to worship?

…”Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.” (Luke 5:16)

…”he (Jesus) fell with his face to the ground and prayed…” (Matthew 26:39)

“One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainside to pray, and spent the night praying to God.” (From the NIV Bible, Luke 6:12)

And who was running this Universe before his Birth and after his Departure to Heaven up till now?

“I can of myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me”. (John 5:30)

Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I proceeded and came forth from God; I came not of my own accord, but he sent me”. (John 8:42)

…”for the Father is greater than I.” (John 14:28)

“My Father is greater than all.” (John 10:29).

NB: The terms “father”and “son” were used metaphorically, not literally. “father” was used by the Hebrews to indicate the Spiritual Father, not the literal father. Similarly, "son" is used to indicate a righteous person.

Still waiting for verses...

2 Likes

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by enilove(m): 11:30pm On Mar 07, 2013
Geewan:

Oga enilove,

Let us keep this very simple. Paste the verse in the bible so we can see.

Are you also God as asked by wazobia?

I have answered the question of wazobia,which you can read as well.I am a god. For more understanding ,read my reply to wazobia.

The bible references you requested for are these:

1- Revelation 1:8 - 18 " I am Alpha and Omega,the biginning and the ending,said the Lord, which is and was,& which is to come,the Almighty...........verse 18 ,I am he that liveth & was dead;& behold I am alive for evermore,Amen;and have the keys of hell and of death.

2-John 10:30- "I and my father are one.Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.Jesus answered them,many good works have I shewed you fron my Father ;for which of these works do ye stone me?The Jews answered him ,saying ,For a good work we stone thee not ;but for blasphemy; & because that thou,being a man,makest thyself God.Jesus answered them ,Is it not written in your law,I said ,Ye are gods?.......verse 37- 38 "If I do not the works of my Father ,believe me not.But if I do ,though ye believe not me,believe the works:that ye may know,& believe ,that the Father is in me ,& I in the father".

The Jews wanted to stone our Lord Jesus Christ because he said he is God in the above passage.This he said indirectly by saying his father is God that created the heaven and the earth.

If follow my train of thought on this topic,you will understand better.I dont want to keep repeating the same points all over again.
I have not said Jesus is the Almighty God ,the creator of the universe,but that as God's son,he has all the attributes of his Father in heaven,and Jesus is also God,for the fact that God is a title. God refered to we His created human beings as gods.And He also called idols gods.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by wazobiaforu(m): 7:49am On Mar 08, 2013
enilove:

Ohhhk, thank you but dont try to play with my brain.

Is Jesus god or GOD?
Are you god(s) or GOD?

Wife sometimes called their husband small god when he suprise them with gift and workers also called their boss small gods for paying their salary

There is diff btw this is my name and this is our name, my wife is not me because she use my name as her suname

God is God
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by kingstarr: 9:03am On Mar 08, 2013
I think this debate is more of one between CHRISTIANS and MOSLEMS and it is arising out of the misconceptions about the personality, attitude and attributes of God by both sides of the arguments. If the word of God says "this is my only begotten son" and God said "this is my beloved son" then I think we are obliged to accept him as God. Afterall, a prince is always raised to become a King. Jesus is the only prince and even though he can never metamorphose into the person of God the Father, he will always maintain control over his jurisdiction where all power has been given to him. He is Lord and God as far as humans are concerned. He is the way, the truth and life. It is of an intellectual advantage if the human mind conceive Jesus as Lord and God.
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by ghazzal: 9:39am On Mar 08, 2013

because that is what he is. and the Muslims have been warned verry well not to praise Muhammed like the Christians have praised Jesus to the point of calling him God. Even Jesus himself relates in the bible that he was sent by his father in heaven adn that he can do nothin save by Gods will. People capitalise on just few verses that Jesus and God are one and Ignore the several that says Jesus is only running an errand. very funny.

The Muslims worship Most High God who created the Heaven and the Earth and to him belong the dominion of all that exist. Some say the Muslim God is different from the God Jesus refered to in the Bible (first it means Jesus did not refer to himself as God) but please ask such person if that is what the Muslim Believe or what they think? The God of the Muslims is the God of Abraham.

Another person above says the Quran and the Bible teach different things and God can not be confused. Please ask him who authored the Bible or if it desccended from heaven like the muslims claim of the Quran. A friend of mine did not even know who was the writer of Exodus.... ask Google and you will see it arguably cannot be Moses.........
..........May most high God in his mercy guide us aright.

1 Like

Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 08, 2013
Fellow Christians , let us not beat around the bush, this is why people get so confused when we attempt to explain something that is glaringly obvious.

Jesus Christ is the Son of GOD , Period.

God is GOD.

"He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David," - Luke 1:32

In the above passage , he is called Son of the most high and it is GOD his father who puts him on the throne.

This is literal common sense, even the apostles never called Jesus GOD.

God is not a man.

Let us not be conduits for the repetition of tradition.

Jesus even said that the father is greater then him.

"You heard that I said to you, ‘I go away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than I,'" (John 14:28).
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 08, 2013
Bidam:
An encounter with Jesus will change your perception of him...paul had an encounter with him and that change him completely..or why do you think paul was able to say who art thou LORD? Why should a persecutor of the early church call him LORD? I also had a similar encounter in 1998..since then my life has never been the same...JESUS CHRIST THE SAME YESTERDAY TODAY AND FOREVER.

I do not need to have an encounter with Jesus. He was only human like myself. He ate,drank and even shitt like me. He claimed he was god which i am too. He said anything he did i could do also. He took time to be alone and meditate,which i do also. He was aware of his higher self, so am i aware that there is a spirit side of me which i am only a physical reflection of.

The point is, he was around people who were not aware of how powerful they were. he was an enlightened dude among religious people. He created no law but instead debunked them.example; Harlots and wayward children were to be stoned to death,animal sacrifices offered to Yahweh,non Jew hated and considered to be slaves. He debunked those ideas....he asked if anyone hadn't committed a crime to caste the first stone,all children should come unto him etc I say homosexuals should not be dehumanized,is that not what Jesus would have said? If you have that consciousness he had,you will realize he was no different from you and i,but only advanced and aware of what should be. The story of the good Samaritan by far the best story he told; LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF, DO TO OTHERS WHAT YOU WILL HAVE THEM DO TO YOU!

He taught people on the mountain like you would do to kids. He couldn't have taught them more than that,otherwise they would be confused. He had to use stories like you do to kids. What you do not know was the mysteries behind his miracles. Who could he have told anyway?

Therefore,if you consider Jesus as your god,you have missed the point....SUCH A WASTE OF LIFE! you wont know anything more.
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by italo: 10:18am On Mar 08, 2013
John 1:1 "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God."
Re: Where In The Bible Did Jesus Mentioned He Is God by Geewan(m): 10:19am On Mar 08, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anony's Soul Theory Destroyed By Richard Dawkins! / Odinani: The Sacred Arts & Sciences Of The Igbo People / Why Are Women More Religious Than Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.