Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths (24022 Views)

Enugu Airport Runway Death Trap - MD. OAS Helicopters / Trailer Veers Off Bridge In Lagos In A Shocking Manner. See Photos / Another Airasia Plane Carrying 153 People Overshoots Runway In The Philippines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 29, 2014
obejoseph10:
. Bros go do thanks given o 4 church o
U know no say jarus na alfa? ☺
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by ozo13(m): 8:41pm On Nov 29, 2014
;Dtransformation agenda in action
Jarus:
To think I was on the website of these guys during the week searching for flight for Mrs Jarus on her just-returned trip to Ilorin....and had her to settle for road because the time for departure (7.00am) was too early for a nursing mother coming to Ikeja from Ajah of all places. I pray there are no casualties here..

I have always had my concerns about those small, badly maintained planes used for low-traffic routes in Nigeria (Akure, Ilorin, Yola etc). I boarded one old, rickety aircraft from Lagos to Ilorin few years ago and the sound was like that of Okada.

Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by lilflipnerd: 8:41pm On Nov 29, 2014
OMG hope no serious casualties
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by Donsheddy: 8:43pm On Nov 29, 2014
Picks up my clutches. Runing to aso rock to Ask Gej what happened to the plane.
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by justi4jesu(f): 8:45pm On Nov 29, 2014
Donsheddy:
Picks up my clutches. Going to aso rock to qsk Gej what happened to the plane.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by fridayj(m): 8:52pm On Nov 29, 2014
Hpe dis is nt election. No death..recorded..... GEJ ur enemy wil jus lik dis plane......an dey wil live an see u resign....GEJ sure til 2019..
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by codedflowz(m): 8:55pm On Nov 29, 2014
where exactly in ilorin?

Cuz I live not too far airport and I didn't hear anything o
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by collynzo2(m): 8:55pm On Nov 29, 2014
Thank God no life was lost.
Seun Ishilove and crew update the news, no life was lost.
www.punchng.com/news/overland-plane-crashlands-in-ilorin/

2 Likes

Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by ifeanyija(m): 8:55pm On Nov 29, 2014
A major air disaster was averted on Saturday in Ilorin, Kwara State when an Overland Airways flight from Abuja suffered a tyre burst
after landing on the tarmac of international Airport, Ilorin.

According to eyewitnesses the
incident occurred around 5pm.

However, there was no casualty from the incident as passengers on board were able to disembark safely.

A man who simply identified himself as the airport
Commandant confirmed the
incident.

It was gathered that the aircraft was towed from the tarmac at about 7pm on Saturday.
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by Kreamie(m): 8:56pm On Nov 29, 2014
From what I've been able to gather; Twas an hydraulics problem.....A lot of things are hydraulics drive in an airplane...from the landing gears, to the control yoke, to the elevators/horizontal stabilizers...nothing's for certain right now and I was duly informed there was no casualty...I'll keep yall posted

1 Like

Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by pumpingmachine: 8:56pm On Nov 29, 2014
Just saw this on Sahara Reporters

An Overland Airways ATR 72 turboprop engine aircraft with 59 passengers on board landed at the Ilorin International airport and veered off the runway hitting the pavement with no injuries to passengers.

The aircraft was performing a flight a flight from Abuja to Ilorin when the incident happened around 5:45PM Nigerian time.
Aviation authorities claimed that all 59 passengers and 4 crew members on board the aircraft were safely evacuated after the incident.

The accident investigation bureau has commenced investigations on the incident according to release from Fan Ndubuoke of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority.

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2014/11/29/overland-aircraft-veer-runway-ilorin-airport

2 Likes

Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by collynzo2(m): 8:57pm On Nov 29, 2014
The VC of Uni Ilorin was on the flight. They all survived without any injury.
www.punchng.com/news/overland-plane-crashlands-in-ilorin/
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by ifeanyija(m): 8:57pm On Nov 29, 2014
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by Homguy(m): 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2014
ADUNOKIKI:
This cant be today, guess it happened on Friday (Yesterday). Cos Overland only fly on Mondays, Wed and Frid. I pray no lives are lost o. I don enter that same plane twice this month. The problem of that Overland is that From Abuja, that plane will land at Minna and from Minna to Ilorin, then from Ilorin to Lagos, all these in a day picking passengers up. Why wont the jet get malaria. Its an 18 passenger jet. Thank God for my friend o, she wan enter that plane on Friday.
that airline should called Danfo airlines. Picking passengers up in 3 states?

1 Like

Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by mu2sa2: 9:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
ADUNOKIKI:
This cant be today, guess it happened on Friday (Yesterday). Cos Overland only fly on Mondays, Wed and Frid. I pray no lives are lost o. I don enter that same plane twice this month. The problem of that Overland is that From Abuja, that plane will land at Minna and from Minna to Ilorin, then from Ilorin to Lagos, all these in a day picking passengers up. Why wont the jet get malaria. Its an 18 passenger jet. Thank God for my friend o, she wan enter that plane on Friday.
Not really. It's Lagos-ilorin- Abuja mornings and Abuja-ilorin-lagos afternoons daily. True, Overland planes vibrate.Very scary. Only Overland have daily flights to Abuja from ilorin. The only other airline flying that route is Arik, but thrice a week -tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays. Flight cancellations are common with Arik altho their planes are super,but Overland rarely cancels flights.
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by lordmassac(m): 9:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
ADUNOKIKI:

Else a resent change, overland fly from lagos (trough ibadan and Ilorin) to abuja on a daily basis.

Worse of it is that thay use a single plane for this daily flight. Why wnt the plane complain? Hahan e fe pa ketekete ni!

1 Like

Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by ozo13(m): 9:07pm On Nov 29, 2014
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by akinsadeez(m): 9:15pm On Nov 29, 2014
Homguy:
that airline should called Danfo airlines. Picking passengers up in 3 states?

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by emestephen595(m): 9:18pm On Nov 29, 2014
rocgirl:

http://www.punchng.com/news/overland-plane-crashlands-in-ilorin/

I stopped reading when I got to this point

"A statement by the General Manager, Public Affairs, of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority, Mr. Fan Ndubuoke, on Saturday, said no life was lost in the incident, which he added, was already being investigated"

1 Like

Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by Prodeegee(m): 9:21pm On Nov 29, 2014
The witches are at it again!
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by holatin(m): 9:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
Thanks to God
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by olumidazz: 9:44pm On Nov 29, 2014
Captain john i hope your home and dry
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by radiant3(f): 9:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
I give Glory to God for d preservation of lives of people on board!

Thank u Lord!
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by harry509: 9:50pm On Nov 29, 2014
rocgirl:

http://www.punchng.com/news/overland-plane-crashlands-in-ilorin/
ummmmmmM! I blv say dm push dat plane strt frm abuja b4 e take off 2 ilorin. Well tank GOD 4 evritn.
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by illicit(m): 10:36pm On Nov 29, 2014
illicit:
I am in ilorin o, but today being saturday am in a club and i neva hear wen o!
i don hear sha, no casualties thank God.
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by Beazy(f): 10:39pm On Nov 29, 2014

1 Like

Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 29, 2014
Jarus:

It could have been same aircraft but couldn't have been same trip. Mine was Wednesday and Lagos-Ilorin; this is Abuja-Ilorin today, although same airline.

Trust me it's the same plane. That's the only plane that plys those routes...... it's time they change it.
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 29, 2014
4bobo:

U know no say jarus na alfa? ☺
. Lol I no knw o........enh make him go thank google(ifa)
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by Dynamiceagle(f): 11:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
blemon44:
Hope there are no RIPs
Nigerians and laziness when it come to reading.... Abeg try read before you comment.
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by Dynamiceagle(f): 11:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
Tpharell:
Details please! Anybody?
Which Details Again Na, U Nor Sabi Read?
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by InvertedHammer: 12:03am On Nov 30, 2014
/

It has been established that most of the plane crashes in Nigeria occurred on Saturday due to dearth of trained personnel.

Why can't people avoid flying on Saturday?

\
Re: Overland Plane Veers Off Runway In Ilorin: No Injuries Or Deaths by oluamid(m): 12:06am On Nov 30, 2014
Trust the media to swoop in on this one and turn it to a soap opera. Already I'm seeing different versions of the story. Its a tire burst somewhere, in another its veering off the runway.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hit-and-run Driver Leaves 2-year-old Nigerian Girl In US Badly Injured / Bad Road Causes Overloaded Car To Somersault Throwing Off Man Sitting On It / Nigerians In Iceland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.