Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,137 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? (9960 Views)

I'm Scared Of Global Warming, What Do We Do? / Side Effect Of Nescafe (coffee). / Effect of Eggs on Our Health (2) (3) (4)

Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2014
In Lagos, most especially recently, I personally have been experiencing some form of intense heat.
You open all the widows yet the heat will be unbearable.
I dont know if you have noticed this too in Lagos or any other neighbouring states.

The sun too has been so surge. I got a shades at Shoprite, very expensive with something they tagged all those scientific jargons that it will protect sun rays but na lie. The sun has been killing.

My pastor confirmed the heat in church this morning too and I am starting to wonder how people have been coping. What have been your tactics, improvisation and way around.

Not all of us have cars, can run gen all day or have ACs so please help the average Nigerian reading this.

Doctors and health advisors abeg o.

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by ikeno(m): 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2014
With the intensity of the heat now,its like the earth is getting closer to the sun.

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
ikeno:
With the intensity of the heat now,its like the earth is getting closer to the sun.

Some people are saying its the biblical sign of the end time while some are saying its ecological problems.
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by marieolae(f): 8:57pm On Nov 30, 2014
The effects of global warming.

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 30, 2014
marieolae:

Thats what I personally thought too but im keeping an open mind.
Its so intense.
How have you been coping? or are you just managing it?

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by adepiero: 9:09pm On Nov 30, 2014
marieolae:
Sup dear, I see less of you nowadays on NL. hope all is well?

BTW, was gonna ask ur Num from Tosyne so could reach you but I changed my mind think you might not favor the idea undecided
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by marieolae(f): 9:22pm On Nov 30, 2014
ATOB:

Thats what I personally thought too but im keeping an open mind.
Its so intense.
How have you been coping? or are you just managing it?
Honestly, its getting to me.

To the extent that I find it difficult to leave my house within the hours of 12-3pm

I try to avoid walking directly under the sun,, if I must walk on the road it should be during the evening.

There's nothing that we can actually do about it,, managing is our only option.

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by marieolae(f): 9:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
adepiero:
Sup dear, I see less of you nowadays on NL. hope all is well?

BTW, was gonna ask ur Num from Tosyne so could reach you but I changed my mind think you might not favor the idea undecided
hello, lol there's no problem actually. Jus have other things to do smiley u get?
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by ikeno(m): 10:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
marieolae:
And it ll still get worse with the rate @ which the ozone layer is been depleted.

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 01, 2014
ikeno:

And it ll still get worse with the rate @ which the ozone layer is been depleted.

How have you been managing it?
Any tips?
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by ikeno(m): 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2014
ATOB:

How have you been managing it?
Any tips?
I always try as much as possible to avoid the sun and take a lot of fluids.
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
ikeno:

I always try as much as possible to avoid the sun and take a lot of fluids.

True but what if one is a sales person or marketer without a company vehicle.
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by ikeno(m): 1:04pm On Dec 06, 2014
ATOB:

True but what if one is a sales person or marketer without a company vehicle.
Cap/hat could help
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 11, 2014
ikeno:

Cap/hat could help

True.
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2014
True.

Thought I was the only one feeling it..

My strategy,I don't wear tight fitting clothes,and make sure I wear cotton shirts..

I avoid some colors that absorbs heat- black,etc...

I avoid rubbing cream on my body,and use lots of body spray,perfume,and roll-on..

Then lastly drink lots of water to avoid dehydration.

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 11, 2014
Very true @Op

Sometimes i think we are very close to hell fire, the sun ehh... How hell fire go cum be

This is Cybermugu reporting from warri (Proudly Nairaland)

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by coldsummer: 9:57pm On Dec 11, 2014
And I thought I was the Only one feeling the heat!!!
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by demsid(m): 9:57pm On Dec 11, 2014
its true.
chai this crawling internet almost made me lose front page. and MTN claims this is 3g. I don't think so. internet naija is too poor motigba visa Kuala Lumpur, won ni timba debe it's too sure(FTC sure for Kuala Lumpur)
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 11, 2014
I have been noticing the same thing in kwara.ilorin is so hot ehn you go fear!
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by kunlesehan(m): 9:57pm On Dec 11, 2014
These days u can fry an egg outdoors with the scorching sun as your source of heat.
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by MeGaStReEt: 9:58pm On Dec 11, 2014
The heat kno be small ohhhh
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by ichidodo: 9:58pm On Dec 11, 2014
The south westerlies (rain wind) have been swept down past the equator by the harmattan thereby leaving the sky bereft of thick cumulonimbus clouds which has a cooling effect via deflection of solar insolation or sun rays...luckily enough for us,we are at the winter solstice (early day/early night) where the path of the sun across our skies is very short thereby sparing us extended period of heatwave even though the harmattan season is here...

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by dre11(m): 9:58pm On Dec 11, 2014
So true

That you now have heat rashes
Sleep on tiles
And take ur bath before going to bed.. .
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by drunkposter: 9:59pm On Dec 11, 2014
Is that why people have been smelling like kilishi and suya each time they walk pass me....or is my nose deceiving me? It has to be the heat jooor.

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by DancingSkeleton(m): 9:59pm On Dec 11, 2014
What's global warming sef :/
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Fabdedon(m): 9:59pm On Dec 11, 2014
mehn d heat can boil yam

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 11, 2014
the blakened fumes from those coughing rickety danfo buses alone is enough to deplete the ozone layer of the whole of africa undecided

Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by OasisofRefuge(f): 10:00pm On Dec 11, 2014
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 11, 2014
Even in Benin..d heat can make sm1 start thinking he wants to run mad..its terrible
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by 1one: 10:00pm On Dec 11, 2014
It's good to know that I'm not the only one feeling the heat this way, when I mentioned it to some people they thought I was just fussing about nothing...Lagos heat is craaaaaaaaaazy!!!

It can turn beans to akara in 5mins angry
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by jmaine: 10:01pm On Dec 11, 2014
Global warming kasala . . . . .
Re: Is The Recent Heat An Effect Of Global Warming? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2014
I swear the heat in lagos is much ooooo. Its crazy.

Presidency Orders Recalls Of 10 Suspended Staff Of Psychiatric Hospital In Benin / Free Recharge Cards From Imastex. Just To Say Thank You To Nairalanders / How I Cured My Long-term Gonorrhea With Red And Yellow Capsule With Regal Gin