Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,269 members, 7,811,774 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Camry 2007 AC Headache - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camry 2007 AC Headache (6519 Views)

Toyota Tiny Lyt AC Headache / Overheating Headache With Honda Accord 1997 Model / Strange Selling Of Toyota Camry 2007/2008 Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Camry 2007 AC Headache by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
Hello guys, My camry 2007 SE A/C cools normally for a while then it's starts blowing air. Then I have to switch it off for a while then turn it on b4 it normalizes then suddenly blows air after 15mins. I re-gassed yesterday but it's still d same thing. Pls what might be d problem guys?
Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by AutosBay(m): 8:55pm On Nov 30, 2014
You have a faulty thermostat. If the ac goes off, that is blowing air, spray the radiator with water, and see if it comes back on; that is blowing cold air, then it's the thermostat. Another possible thing could be this air filter (cabin filter) is clogged. Usually it is located in the plastic duct work in the car behind the glove box. The filter was put in newer cars to filter out pollen, etc getting into your car. I would check the cabin filter first. Either blow it out with compressed air to clean it, or leave it out.
Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by femmy2010(m): 9:23pm On Nov 30, 2014
AutosBay:
You have a faulty thermostat. If the ac goes off, that is blowing air, spray the radiator with water, and see if it comes back on; that is blowing cold air, then it's the thermostat. Another possible thing could be this air filter (cabin filter) is clogged. Usually it is located in the plastic duct work in the car behind the glove box. The filter was put in newer cars to filter out pollen, etc getting into your car. I would check the cabin filter first. Either blow it out with compressed air to clean it, or leave it out.

I agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:48pm On Nov 30, 2014
[/color]
AutosBay:

do you mean the AC thermostat ?

you need to specify becoz the engine thermostat has nothing to do with AC cooling except for the switch that block coolant to the heating radiator inside the dashboard

we need to know more information such as is the AC system manual or automatic

and also when you did the refill, what it filled with right amount of gas

it can be as simple a pressure switch due to not enough gas

1 Like

Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 30, 2014
AutosBay:

Thanks for the post. The guy that checked the AC said that I don't have any air filter. But he didn't suggest I buy one. Do u tink daat can be the cause?
Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
ZIMDRILL:
[/color]

do you mean the AC thermostat ?

you need to specify becoz the engine thermostat has nothing to do with AC cooling except for the switch that block coolant to the heating radiator inside the dashboard

we need to know more information such as is the AC system manual or automatic

and also when you did the refill, what it filled with right amount of gas

it can be as simple a pressure switch due to not enough gas

Bro it's a manual AC. I refilled yesterday.
Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:55pm On Nov 30, 2014
obitee69:

the question is was it filled with right amount ?

the next is to check for leaks
Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
ZIMDRILL:

the question is was it filled with right amount ?

the next is to check for leaks

Yes it was. But does not having a cabin air filter make a car AC malfunction? Cos I don't have one according to the ac man.
Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by chukel(m): 11:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
obitee69:

bro, u r not telling us everything. ur hvac system has been opened before and worked on. 2007 camry usually comes with automatic compressor. if it has been opened, ur problem is vapour in ur system. when you switch on ur system, it cools initially, then the vapor turns into ice/ block restricting ur system and overworks the compressor. when u switch it off, the ice defrosts and the system become unrestricted again. the cycle continues. if you continue using it like that, u will eventually murder your compressor. solution is discharge the gas in your system, vacuum the system to hold a negative pressure for sometime and eliminate all the vapor. then recharge it. problem gone

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:26am On Dec 01, 2014
obitee69:

Yes it was. But does not having a cabin air filter make a car AC malfunction? Cos I don't have one according to the ac man.

yes but you should experiencing blockage on one side eg left side

the filter's job is to filter dirty particles, meaning something very large would have gone into you system but i wouldnt block to the point of not feeling the cold air, you would feel it but not as powerful

in case i assume that you can feel the right pressure from the vents but its only that it switches cold air after running for a while

which i suspect that few things have to be isolated one by one eg leakage in the system, faulty ac clutch on the compresser etc
Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:03am On Dec 01, 2014
Your 2 most likely cuprits.
[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDYFCC-3CVHhuTEkcWIQ718hj3fRroXBInbAnF1NfoC9Mq_2HzbM6QY3PvGg[/img]
Expansion valve.

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8kI2zszHoqOaJcoDtYrUVRLxSkASDCYgG_DjAqZefYdOaWfmPYr2Ba7ky[/img]
Pressure switch.

If I were you ild start with the pressure switch, a good sparky could bypass it and that way you could test if the a.c still behaves the same way. If bypassed and it works, have the switch replaced.
Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 02, 2014
Good day guys, I met a Car AC mech and he told me that this is the usual problem with camry 2007. That I have to change the compressor and the condenser. That my compressor is failing. That if I change one and leave one I will have d same issue after 2weeks. Bill is compressor 35k condenser 15k. Chei!!!.....He also ssaid I have to change my regulator to manual not automatic. That automatic isn't suitable for naija. I don't knw what he means sha. Help advice me. What do I do. I no get 50k to drop for car now
Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
obitee69:
Good day guys, I met a Car AC mech and he told me that this is the usual problem with camry 2007. That I have to change the compressor and the condenser. That my compressor is failing. That if I change one and leave one I will have d same issue after 2weeks. Bill is compressor 35k condenser 15k. Chei!!!.....He also ssaid I have to change my regulator to manual not automatic. That automatic isn't suitable for naija. I don't knw what he means sha. Help advice me. What do I do. I no get 50k to drop for car now

grin grin grin grin

run away from that fake technician

its like saying your automatic AC your house is not Good for nigeria

get your car really check by a full qualified technician who will check for leaks using a special liquid because i think its loosing pressure due to a leak

if not let him/her test all other componets

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 02, 2014
He even said that a compressor cannot be serviced. undecided
Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by 9icetoo(m): 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2014
Chai, all these our AC techs. I recently fixed my Honda City AC which was having similar symptoms as yours. It cools for a while, then stops, then starts again. Firstly, I asked the guy to purge the system, then we refilled to look for leaks. We went as far as checking for leaks even under the dashboard and we found one. it was leaking from a connection in the expansion valve. we got it fixed but the AC Tech guy suggested changing my thermostat to manual. I told him to go and self-service off. My car, my rules. I understand AC workings a bit at least. We fixed everything right back, changing a few o rings that i suspected were getting shot. Refilled the gas and the AC is working till date.

My advice is that you look for an experienced Ac Tech, do not go for the cheap guys. Confirm the pressure in the system and make sure it is right. Look for leaks, and fix them if you find them. Test your condenser, expansion valve and pressure switch like Gazzuz mentioned. Also make sure you refill to the right pressure for the system. Don't forget to purge air from the system as well.
Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 03, 2014
9icetoo:
Chai, all these our AC techs. I recently fixed my Honda City AC which was having similar symptoms as yours. It cools for a while, then stops, then starts again. Firstly, I asked the guy to purge the system, then we refilled to look for leaks. We went as far as checking for leaks even under the dashboard and we found one. it was leaking from a connection in the expansion valve. we got it fixed but the AC Tech guy suggested changing my thermostat to manual. I told him to go and self-service off. My car, my rules. I understand AC workings a bit at least. We fixed everything right back, changing a few o rings that i suspected were getting shot. Refilled the gas and the AC is working till date.

My advice is that you look for an experienced Ac Tech, do not go for the cheap guys. Confirm the pressure in the system and make sure it is right. Look for leaks, and fix them if you find them. Test your condenser, expansion valve and pressure switch like Gazzuz mentioned. Also make sure you refill to the right pressure for the system. Don't forget to purge air from the system as well.

Pls can u gimme the number of the guy that fixed yours. Thanks for your reply
Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by 9icetoo(m): 7:27am On Dec 04, 2014
obitee69:

Pls can u gimme the number of the guy that fixed yours. Thanks for your reply
His number is 08035937186. He stays at elekahia. His name is Emma. good luck.
Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by Mickboro(m): 7:54am On Dec 04, 2014
Pls i want to know if absence of cabin air filter can it stop the ac from cooling cos am experience something similar and my gas is still filled.
Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:50am On Dec 04, 2014
Mickboro:
Pls i want to know if absence of cabin air filter can it stop the ac from cooling cos am experience something similar and my gas is still filled.

the answer is NO

a cabin filter is an air filter to the air that come inside the car aka the cabin (dont confuse it with one for the engine)

on average you find the cabin air filter inside the dashboard on some german cars benz and bwm you find them on left/right side or center of lower end of the window screen by the engine bay

they filter dirty not to get into cabin just like the air filter of the engine
Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
9icetoo:

His number is 08035937186. He stays at elekahia. His name is Emma. good luck.

WHERE IS ELEKAHIA..ISS IT IN LAGOSS
Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by 9icetoo(m): 4:37pm On Dec 04, 2014
obitee69:

WHERE IS ELEKAHIA..ISS IT IN LAGOSS
grin
Abeg no loss for Lagos oo. Its in PH. i tot you were in PH. What I will advise you to do is go to a major air condition shop where major ac parts are sold and ask them for their oga. Tell the oga to give you the best AC tech he has and that you want a job that will be done with warranty.
Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by Mickboro(m): 5:15am On Dec 06, 2014
ZIMDRILL:

the answer is NO

a cabin filter is an air filter to the air that come inside the car aka the cabin (dont confuse it with one for the engine)

on average you find the cabin air filter inside the dashboard on some german cars benz and bwm you find them on left/right side or center of lower end of the window screen by the engine bay

they filter dirty not to get into cabin just like the air filter of the engine
@zimdrill tanks for the info i appreciate
Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 08, 2014
My car engine now makes noise guys...as I starrt d engine I hear a clunky noise. A mech said it's the boris. Plss what's a boris.
Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by BE811APP: 8:16pm On Dec 08, 2014
obitee69:
My car engine now makes noise guys...as I starrt d engine I hear a clunky noise. A mech said it's the boris. Plss what's a boris.

Have u changed ur tech yet
If the noise is for real.. Ur compressor might have given up..
It happened to me b4.. Like a grinding noise...

All d best...
Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by chukel(m): 9:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
obitee69:
like I said earlier, Ur compressor most likely has packed. The noise may be from the compressor bearing as the pulley forces it to spin.
Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by geoamidus: 2:34am On Dec 10, 2014
That is knocking sound. There is nothing like Boris sound but it is the responsibility of your mechanic to find where the sound is coming from. If is from a Boris it can never be inside the engine. A lot of things cause knocking sound, from low quality fuel to spark plug knocking to metal bearing of crankshaft shaking or connecting rod or valve rocking pls ask your mechanic to check and get back to me for the next line of action. Is the Boris internal or external to me if it is from the engine it can never be Boris
Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:05am On Dec 10, 2014
What is boris? grin angry
Re: Camry 2007 AC Headache by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 15, 2022
Boris is a wrong spelling of "Ball Race" or Ball Bearing. The round metal contraption that allows for freewheels or less friction in rotating parts pf a machine.

We the 80 kids uses it as tires in our wooden go karts back in the days.
GAZZUZZ:
What is boris? grin angry

(1) (Reply)

SCAM ALERT: Honda 2005 Engine Swapped For Crv Engine / Here Are Common CVT Transmission Problems In Honda / How To Check If Your Seat Belts Are Properly Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.