Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,087 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

How To Check If Your Seat Belts Are Properly Working - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Check If Your Seat Belts Are Properly Working (6522 Views)

Something You Never Knew You Could Do With Your Seat Belt / The Origin Of 3-point Seat Belts / The Origin Of The 3 Point Seat Belts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Check If Your Seat Belts Are Properly Working by autojosh: 3:39pm On Apr 23, 2018
Statistics have revealed that your chance of being injured in an accident and/or the severity of injury may be greatly reduced if you are wearing your seat belt. It is strongly recommended that the driver and all passengers buckle up every time they are on board.

No matter how sophisticated you might think your car safety technology is, you should never underestimate the usefulness of your seat belt.
There is a very simple method to check if these seat belts are properly functioning or just an ordinary rope so to say.

There is what is called ‘Retractor’ in every seat belt system, except for older cars like Peugeot 504. The retractor is designed to lock during a sudden stop or on impact. They are designed to lock the seat belt movement by two separate methods.
When the seat belt is pulled quickly from the retractor and when the vehicle slows down rapidly.

To know if your seat belts are properly functioning and to increase your confidence, check the operations as follows:

Grasp the shoulder belt and pull quickly forward. The retractor should lock and restrict further belt movement. If the retractor does not lock during this check, know that something is wrong. Visit a good and prestigious autorepair shop to get it fixed before it’s too late

https://autojosh.com/check-if-your-seat-belts-are-properly-working/

Re: How To Check If Your Seat Belts Are Properly Working by MotorGuru: 4:02pm On Apr 23, 2018
autojosh:
Statistics have revealed that your chance of being injured in an accident and/or the severity of injury may be greatly reduced if you are wearing your seat belt. It is strongly recommended that the driver and all passengers buckle up every time they are on board.

No matter how sophisticated you might think your car safety technology is, you should never underestimate the usefulness of your seat belt.
There is a very simple method to check if these seat belts are properly functioning or just an ordinary rope so to say.

There is what is called ‘Retractor’ in every seat belt system, except for older cars like Peugeot 504. The retractor is designed to lock during a sudden stop or on impact. They are designed to lock the seat belt movement by two separate methods.
When the seat belt is pulled quickly from the retractor and when the vehicle slows down rapidly.

To know if your seat belts are properly functioning and to increase your confidence, check the operations as follows:

Grasp the shoulder belt and pull quickly forward. The retractor should lock and restrict further belt movement. If the retractor does not lock during this check, know that something is wrong. Visit a good and prestigious autorepair shop to get it fixed before it’s too late

https://autojosh.com/check-if-your-seat-belts-are-properly-working/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

In my opinion, a malfunctioning seat-belt should never be fixed. It should be replaced.

10 Likes

Re: How To Check If Your Seat Belts Are Properly Working by Alvin007: 4:51pm On Apr 23, 2018
As simple as A,B,C.
Re: How To Check If Your Seat Belts Are Properly Working by buygala(m): 6:52pm On Apr 23, 2018
MotorGuru:

In my opinion, a malfunctioning seat-belt should never be fixed. It should be replaced.

fixing can also mean replacement Sir smiley

My opinion Sir

5 Likes

Re: How To Check If Your Seat Belts Are Properly Working by Remzie(m): 7:08am On Apr 24, 2018
Seat belt

Original honey is available @affordable price.
Re: How To Check If Your Seat Belts Are Properly Working by clela63: 7:10am On Apr 24, 2018
Thank yoi... insightful read
Re: How To Check If Your Seat Belts Are Properly Working by AyamConfidence(m): 7:16am On Apr 24, 2018
Tychamps:
Did you know

a man from India got married to a woman from Holland

Thats how hollandia yogurt came about?

Now you do
una don start again abi

2 Likes

Re: How To Check If Your Seat Belts Are Properly Working by datola: 7:47am On Apr 24, 2018
MotorGuru:

Replacing is also fixing.
Re: How To Check If Your Seat Belts Are Properly Working by hisgrace090: 7:50am On Apr 24, 2018
Putting on of seat belt makes the car occupant looks responsible to me.
Re: How To Check If Your Seat Belts Are Properly Working by phemmyfour: 7:53am On Apr 24, 2018
buygala:

My opinion Sir
fix = repair not replacement

To fix:
mend or repair.
synonyms: repair, mend, patch up, put right, put to rights, set right, get working, make as good as new, see to; More

2 Likes

Re: How To Check If Your Seat Belts Are Properly Working by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 24, 2018
Toyota Camry big daddy 2003 for sale 850k lagos call/whatsapp 08039175059
Re: How To Check If Your Seat Belts Are Properly Working by alsudaes1(m): 8:26am On Apr 24, 2018
I routinely do the check, it's working fine
Re: How To Check If Your Seat Belts Are Properly Working by lajuto: 8:33am On Apr 24, 2018
Re: How To Check If Your Seat Belts Are Properly Working by neyo4real(m): 9:24am On Apr 24, 2018
stphil:
Toyota Camry big daddy 2003 for sale 850k lagos call/whatsapp 08039175059

pictures
Re: How To Check If Your Seat Belts Are Properly Working by DrMuzungu(m): 11:48am On Apr 24, 2018
The only sure way of checking if the seat belts are working is:

1. Find a large and thick wall or block of concrete
2. Accelerate with your car as much as you can
3. Aim at the said wall or the clock of concrete
4. Hit your target

If you wake up in the hospital, seat belts DID what they are designed for. If you do not wake up, or if you wake up in heaven/hell, they did not work. It is tat simple.

1 Like

Re: How To Check If Your Seat Belts Are Properly Working by ogbiwa: 12:08pm On Apr 24, 2018
buygala:

My opinion Sir
Fixing is NOT the same thing as replacement Sir.

1 Like

Re: How To Check If Your Seat Belts Are Properly Working by PPCDigitals: 2:11pm On Apr 24, 2018
The seat belt is part of the safety mechanism in a car.

PPC.ng: We turn your TRAFFIC to SALES
Re: How To Check If Your Seat Belts Are Properly Working by fleksy: 5:45pm On Apr 24, 2018
For all your car mechanical challenges....call me on 08025438389

I offer free consultation. I value helping people and providing solutions.that call would save you a lot cost-wise before repairs

I am based in Gbagada Lagos...

(1) (Reply)

Car Buying Tips / Ask And Answer Prices Of Every Type Of Car / Driving Tips For Drivers On How To Drive During Harmattan Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.