Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,980 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu (18170 Views)

Graphics Photos From Today's Explosion Scene In Damaturu / Boko Haram: 100 Feared Killed As Insurgents Attack Chibok / BREAKING: Boko Haram Attack Security Formations In Borno, 35 Feared Dead. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by Vikky014(f): 10:17am On Dec 01, 2014
FotherMucker:

Wtf? What do we expect GEJ to do? We certainly dont expect him to do nothing as the commander in chief of the armed forces, the president, the head of state, the chief security officer of the country, the man who swore to defend our lives, rights, properties, and territorial integrity.

What was he voted for if not to defend us? Is he occupying aso rock just to reduce empty space? Is he there just to loot and eat?

People like you are exactly the reason PDP gets away with its crimes.
do u wnt gej to b fightn bokoharam wt his own gun as d commander in chief?

3 Likes

Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by salvatore007(m): 10:17am On Dec 01, 2014
Vikky014:
i dnt even know wht to tell you self.

๏K ЩєЙ ม rєMєMßєr Щą┼ 2say Qม๏┼є Mє
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by IbrahimEazi(m): 10:17am On Dec 01, 2014
Frankmishael:
are u mad?don't ever in Ur life quote me.I have warned u
I can c u're so sick... Sorry Punk tongue
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by xcolanto(m): 10:18am On Dec 01, 2014
lalasticlala:
Multiple explosions suspected to be Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) has rocked Damaturu, the Yobe State capital while sporadic gunshots engulfed the city of troubled Maiduguri on Monday morning living many residents trapped in their houses for fear of their lives.

Damaturu is 135 km West of Maiduguri, Borno State capital.

This is even as another attack at Lassa town of Askira/Uba local government area of Borno state over the week end left 11 residents dead with [/b]Churches including the biggest EYN church[b] and many houses burnt down by the Boko Haram sect.

Sources also said during the Lassa attacks, youth vigilante of the area confronted the sect this led to the killing of 41 Boko Haram members and capture of 17.

The fresh morning attack of Today (Monday) which started at about 6am in Damaturu by terrorists were targeted at police and military formations as well as selected houses, a situation that sources said left many people dead.

Reliable source told our Correspondent that “the Police Mobile Base in Damaturu was one of the security formations that came under attack by insurgents”.
“As I am talking to you now, we are in serious confusion now, gunshots and explosions everywhere especially from the southern part of the city and people are fleeing,” said an embattled resident, Mallam Usmanu Iliya.

Another resident who did not want his name mentioned for security reasons said he was woken up by the gunshots and blast which started at about 6am, and he suspects Boko Haram may be attacking.
Another resident who could barely speak as he was panting simply told our reporter that “We are running for our lives…we are under attack… We don’t know where to hide, the shooting is all over….”.

Although, as at press time, the attacks and confrontations by security operatives in Damaturu is still continuing, the actual casualty figure is yet to be ascertained.
Likewise, the sporadic gunshots that woke the residents of Maiduguri according to military sources “were not from Boko Haram sect, but a routine test of arms and ammunitions by security operatives in the state”. Even though, the development puts more fear on the minds of parents send their children to schools, while those who normally go out for work early in the morning could not do so.

Meanwhile, residents of Lassa over the week end reportedly resisted the attack on its community by engaging the attackers with locally made guns, bows and arrows.

[/b]Lassa is predominantly a Christian community[b] in Askira Uba council area of Borno state which is under control of Boko Haram sect.

Ali Mamza, a resident of Lassa town and member of the local vigilante group told reporters that,“If we flee today, tomorrow we will continue to flee and these murderer would continue to kill. If we had fled they would have killed many people. I think our decision to fight yielded as it is better that few people were killed than for hundred to be killed. We will continue to encourage ourselves, because they would keep coming, we cannot run any longer.” He said.

source:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/many-dead-insurgents-assail-security-formations/

@bloded and Sane minds still question the rational behind boko??
GEJ must be really trying hard to depopulate the north by wiping out Christians so he could establish his Islamic caliphate.
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by salvatore007(m): 10:18am On Dec 01, 2014
knightsTempler:

Just as you people reduced the population of Biafra between 1967 - 1970. Kwo? Danbaroba!!!

Go find something worthwhile doing, cuz you ain't making any sense with your post.

GEJ and his supporters...

Smh
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by knightsTempler: 10:20am On Dec 01, 2014
salvatore007:

GEJ and his supporters...

Smh

Keep shaking off your head until it falls of you neck.
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by senator2k9(m): 10:20am On Dec 01, 2014
Mr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, U have failed this City (in Oliver Queens Voice)
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by bundur(m): 10:21am On Dec 01, 2014
I stil live in Borno my Home town if u lyk u can come and kill me cox I know I only die once..

A product of Biafra like u
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by salvatore007(m): 10:21am On Dec 01, 2014
knightsTempler:

Keep shaking off your head until it falls of you neck.

So u quoted me jus 2say dat??

Smh
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by salvatore007(m): 10:22am On Dec 01, 2014
No more GEJ no more bokoharam

1 Like

Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by holatin(m): 10:25am On Dec 01, 2014
na only God make we look up to
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by omololuigb: 10:26am On Dec 01, 2014
lalasticlala:
Multiple explosions suspected to be Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) has rocked Damaturu, the Yobe State capital while sporadic gunshots engulfed the city of troubled Maiduguri on Monday morning living many residents trapped in their houses for fear of their lives.

This is even as another attack at Lassa town of Askira/Uba local government area of Borno state over the week end left 11 residents dead with Churches including the biggest EYN church and many houses burnt down by the Boko Haram sect.

Sources also said during the Lassa attacks, youth vigilante of the area confronted the sect this led to the killing of 41 Boko Haram members and capture of 17.

The fresh morning attack of Today (Monday) which started at about 6am in Damaturu by terrorists were targeted at police and military formations as well as selected houses, a situation that sources said left many people dead.

Reliable source told our Correspondent that “the Police Mobile Base in Damaturu was one of the security formations that came under attack by insurgents”.
“As I am talking to you now, we are in serious confusion now, gunshots and explosions everywhere especially from the southern part of the city and people are fleeing,” said an embattled resident, Mallam Usmanu Iliya.

Another resident who did not want his name mentioned for security reasons said he was woken up by the gunshots and blast which started at about 6am, and he suspects Boko Haram may be attacking.
Another resident who could barely speak as he was panting simply told our reporter that “We are running for our lives…we are under attack… We don’t know where to hide, the shooting is all over….”.

Although, as at press time, the attacks and confrontations by security operatives in Damaturu is still continuing, the actual casualty figure is yet to be ascertained.
Likewise, the sporadic gunshots that woke the residents of Maiduguri according to military sources “were not from Boko Haram sect, but a routine test of arms and ammunitions by security operatives in the state”. Even though, the development puts more fear on the minds of parents send their children to schools, while those who normally go out for work early in the morning could not do so.

Meanwhile, residents of Lassa over the week end reportedly resisted the attack on its community by engaging the attackers with locally made guns, bows and arrows.

Lassa is predominantly a Christian community in Askira Uba council area of Borno state which is under control of Boko Haram sect.

Ali Mamza, a resident of Lassa town and member of the local vigilante group told reporters that,“If we flee today, tomorrow we will continue to flee and these murderer would continue to kill. If we had fled they would have killed many people. I think our decision to fight yielded as it is better that few people were killed than for hundred to be killed. We will continue to encourage ourselves, because they would keep coming, we cannot run any longer.” He said.

source:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/many-dead-insurgents-assail-security-formations/
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by randomFYO: 10:27am On Dec 01, 2014
Nmeri17:
matchew!!! people are just wasting their time in NDA Kaduna!! imagine amateurs defeating them and their "formation" after all those years of training. smh. still people will blame GEJ. I wonder what u expect him to do
Good point of view, the only thing they specialize in, is tactical maneuver.
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by omololuigb: 10:28am On Dec 01, 2014
holatin:
na only God make we look up to

Yes oooo, He will come to our aid.
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by ALKARULEZ615(m): 10:32am On Dec 01, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

When they get the "T-fare" to the south, you will be the one feeding? If u no know wetin to say make u close ur mouth.
lame
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by ALKARULEZ615(m): 10:33am On Dec 01, 2014
princepee:
if them come ss or se u will house and feed them ba? U think its that easy.. use ur brain kid.com
dry
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by mathskill: 10:33am On Dec 01, 2014
Nmeri17:
matchew!!! people are just wasting their time in NDA Kaduna!! imagine amateurs defeating them and their "formation" after all those years of training. smh. still people will blame GEJ. I wonder what u expect him to do
It is not their fault. What good is your training when u r denied basic weapons to fight.As of today our gallant men in uniform are not provided with enough transport vehicle or when provided are just simple ford pick up vans without body armour. No night vision equipment, aircover,they lack enough communications equipments and so on. If u complain the military authorities will accuse you of mutiny,arrest and sentence you yo death.
So please dont blame our soldiers but the top echelons and their political masters.
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by ALKARULEZ615(m): 10:33am On Dec 01, 2014
podosci:

i pray the Gods you serve would save your soul.......do you know the population of the N.E, If the entire population migrate down south, where would they stay? woulf they get sources of income?.....
So you are ineffectively saying, people should abandone the N.E to bokoharam? wts the guarantee that when they av succesfully taken over the N.E, they wont move down south?
pls pray to you or your family member isnt affected by one of the BH bombs,,,,,because you lack empathy
put urself in their shoes
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by pak: 10:37am On Dec 01, 2014
lalasticlala:

source:

Hands down my quote of the year !!!!

this guy has got guts !

1 Like

Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by GIFTEDPLANNERS(m): 10:38am On Dec 01, 2014
This govt is sick
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 01, 2014
blemon44:
everyday bomb,everywhere dead bodies

when are we going to stay uptil one week without hearing all this tragic news

God please if its already the end of the world then do something about it
so that we can go to heaven
i am tired of this painful and wicked world
will the world only end in Nigeria? The world is just beginning my friend.
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 01, 2014
argon500:
Everyday is for the thief, just only one day is for the owner..

God will soon expose you idiot people behind boko haram
keep praying harder. God will come down from heaven to expose them.
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by BotherMleeper(m): 10:49am On Dec 01, 2014
Vikky014:
do u wnt gej to b fightn bokoharam wt his own gun as d commander in chief?

Yes! If he cant or wont use the immense resources at his disposal to defeat what is essentially a ragtag militia then what is his purpose? Imagine obama telling americans he's unable to beat al qaeda so suck it up and live with it. Think he'd last a second in the white house? Heck he'd be jailed for treason.

Alexander was at the forefront of his troops. Even hitler remained in berlin. A leader is expected to, well, lead.

Its unheard of that an entire country was overrun by terrorists.

Your principal is a failure. Suck it up and deal with it.
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 01, 2014
From statistical estimation at least 1,000,000 people lost their lives in civil war that took 3 and half years.1,000,000 divided by 1260(3 & half years)=794. this means at least 794 died perday during the civil war.who told you that those that died since emeging of boko in the last five years are not more than that, who told you that we are not already in another war. who told you that that the casualities this time will not far excede last civil war? The difference btw this &the former is that this is gentle war by gentle giant.
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by lanrefront1(m): 10:53am On Dec 01, 2014
Seriously, I think Government have to find a systematic way of arming the youths of this area with weapons.

This could be done in systematic way. The communities will present the recognized youths or vigilantes of their various communities. The weapons will registered and marked specially and their ballistics well noted down ( so if they are used somewhere for some other purpose it will be easily discovered) the pictures, address, and every data of people given guns will be taken down.

The guns can therefore be collected at a future date when insurgency has been defeated.

It is very glaring that these people will do a better job that the Nigerian Army if assisted by weapons. Intact Bokoharam will start thinking twice before attacking any community.
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:00am On Dec 01, 2014
slightlyMad:
just like when Yaradua died, and GEJ could not drive the nation, to the extent that common yaradua's wife took control and was toiling with the emotions of millions of Nigerians, thereby creating the impression that she is an extra terrestrial woman

history has repeat itself again, he sure cant drive this nation
and if we dont do nothing to get him, his fat wife and well bloated son out of that office, Nigeria may disintegrate come 2015

coming from a slightly mad fellow, am not suprised.
slightly MAD don finally MAD.
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by masciv: 11:08am On Dec 01, 2014
Nmeri17:

Sorry only but isn't Jonathan the CIC of the armed forces??

If he is then you are drunk cos [he is actually!]
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by Nattynn(m): 11:20am On Dec 01, 2014
God help us
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by lonelydora: 11:30am On Dec 01, 2014
blemon44:
everyday bomb,everywhere dead bodies

when are we going to stay uptil one week without hearing all this tragic news

God please if its already the end of the world then do something about it
so that we can go to heaven
i am tired of this painful and wicked world

If Jesus tarrys then wait for Biafra, all these will end.
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by chidiebere2020(m): 11:32am On Dec 01, 2014
salvatore007:
GEJ just makin sure he reduces d population if d north so as to gain upper hand...

SMH cry
look at wat ur sayin u people should continue to put ur house on fire an to blame GEJ and d outsiders, that is y I like S east they can't b easily brain wash wether poor or rich its 4 ur pocket , I still wondr y they are fightin 4 they gods, any gods that a merely mortal is fightin 4 is not worthy to be god,if they do am enter south we will not keep quiet like north, instead we go divid dis poo Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by HOLYPRINCE2(m): 11:34am On Dec 01, 2014
God forgive we Nigerains our sins and come to our help.
lalasticlala:

This is even as another attack at Lassa town of Askira/Uba local government area of Borno state over the week end left 11 residents dead with Churches including the biggest EYN church and many houses burnt down by the Boko Haram sect.

Lassa is predominantly a Christian community in Askira Uba council area of Borno state which is under control of Boko Haram sect.

source:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Crashing Oil Prices; A Blessing In Disguise For Nigeria!!!! / I Didn’t Indict US Over Boko Haram, Says Buhari / Aregbesola Inspects Projects In Osun, Hailed By People - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.