Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,064 members, 7,810,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu (18169 Views)

Graphics Photos From Today's Explosion Scene In Damaturu / Boko Haram: 100 Feared Killed As Insurgents Attack Chibok / BREAKING: Boko Haram Attack Security Formations In Borno, 35 Feared Dead. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by Afroconnect: 12:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
Why are our mopol and police units,running away from boko animals like this.

Where are the trenches,and defences?

Don't they have artillery and armoured tanks-especially at this troubled times?

Our security arms should have recon teams and plant secret agents who should be locals to give them information,and outer posts should be mounted so enemy movements can be detected and confronted on time.

1 Like

Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by salvatore007(m): 12:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
chidiebere2020:
look at wat ur sayin u people should continue to put ur house on fire an to blame GEJ and d outsiders, that is y I like S east they can't b easily brain wash wether poor or rich its 4 ur pocket , I still wondr y they are fightin 4 they gods, any gods that a merely mortal is fightin 4 is not worthy to be god,if they do am enter south we will not keep quiet like north, instead we go divid dis poo Nigeria

Bros pls wats ur point xactly?
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by BotherMleeper(m): 12:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
truefact:

South Yemen is fighting for independence from the North. ..what are the eastern and southern Nigeria waiting for? Igbo has no similarity with the Yoruba and Hausa...

And why are the Yoruba not writing and propaganding for the removal of East and South from Nigeria so that Buhari will be their president?

I swear to god i read this twice but it didn't make much sense.

If i understand you're suggesting the north wants to slice nigeria regionally so buhari can be president. Ok even though this position has no bearing with the topic, its still horrendously silly and wrong.

For one thing all the clamouring for separation of ways has historically emanated from the southern part of the country, be it in the ill conceived biafra or the vaporous odua republic or even the recent south south misadventure for the sake of "our oyel"

Northerners have hardly ever asked for the separation of ways, its just some myopia that serves to justify your secessionist tendencies. If we had wanted to split we'd have done that ages ago when we had the power and the numbers.

We believe in a united nigeria, whatever our differences. Diversity is often a blessing; i grew up in a mixed society as a fulani guy and im better off for it. Mixing with other cultures and religions widened the horizons of my perception and worldview. Without it I'd have been lost as a tiny speck in the homogeneity of my social environment.

Based on my upbringing i know you're not the enemy, whether igbo/yoruba/Christian/other. The true enemy is the politician or government agent who plunders the commonwealth thus depriving us of food, dignity, and arms to defend ourselves. The enemy is an ethnic and religious atheist.

And this theft is the reason we find ourselves here, arguing semantics against a background of violence and deprivation.

So believe in the propaganda of the enemy, whatever religious or ethnic platform he currently uses to pander to your sentiments.

Im not saying buhari is the answer. But if those now holding the power are unable or uwilling to wield it to protect us, then a change of guard is in order.

1 Like

Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by chidiebere2020(m): 12:17pm On Dec 01, 2014
salvatore007:

Bros pls wats ur point xactly?
my point is that northerners are not doin enough to stop boko rams and they should stop blaming others 4 they menaces is just lack of enlightment 4 some of they youth an mentally blindnes, thatz main cause of dis.......

1 Like

Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by salvatore007(m): 12:19pm On Dec 01, 2014
chidiebere2020:
my point is that northerners are not doin enough to stop boko rams and they should stop blaming others 4 they menaces is just lack of enlightment 4 some of they youth an mentally blindnes, thatz mean cause of dis.......

Ok av heard u and am nt a northerner...
End of discussion
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by teufelein(f): 12:53pm On Dec 01, 2014
BOKO HARAM TOP CABINETS*
1. Alhaji Amodu Sheriff (founder)
2. Mohammed Yusuf (co-founder)
3. Mallam El-Rufai (financier)
4. Rabiu Kwankwaso (financier)
5. Ibrahim Gaidam (weapons manager, North East)
6. Ahmed Yerima (bomb factory manager)
7. Muhammad Buhari (commander-in-chief)
8. Babangida Aliyu (weapons manager, North West)
9. Emir of Kano (head financier)
10. Isa Yuguda (bomb expert)
11. Alhaji Umaru Tanko (assistant bomb expert)
12. Sultan of Sokoto (spiritual leader)
13. Turaki of Adamawa (head of sharia court)
14. Omar Garba (spokesman)
15. Abdullahi Bashir (Al-Qaeda ambassador)
16. Hassan Nasarallah (Hezbollah ambassador)
17. Hariri Usman (Al-Shabab ambassador)
18. Mohammed Hariri (ISIS ambassador)
19. Abubakar Shekau (chief butcher)
20. IBB (general overseer)
21.Atiku Abubaka (deputy commander)
22 APC political arm of boko haram
23 Sahara TV / TVC boko haram media
24 Abdulrasheed Sanni & Johnson Asushei Sanni socia media Representative
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by Vikky014(f): 1:13pm On Dec 01, 2014
FotherMucker:

Yes! If he cant or wont use the immense resources at his disposal to defeat what is essentially a ragtag militia then what is his purpose? Imagine obama telling americans he's unable to beat al qaeda so suck it up and live with it. Think he'd last a second in the white house? Heck he'd be jailed for treason.

Alexander was at the forefront of his troops. Even hitler remained in berlin. A leader is expected to, well, lead.

Its unheard of that an entire country was overrun by terrorists.

Your principal is a failure. Suck it up and deal with it.
y r u sounding pained??i askd u a simple question.so d presence of gej in d battle field will end bokoharam?pls do u hv a copy of Quran
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by BotherMleeper(m): 1:54pm On Dec 01, 2014
Vikky014:
y r u sounding pained??i askd u a simple question.so d presence of gej in d battle field will end bokoharam?pls do u hv a copy of Quran

I do have a copy of the quran. I also have sense. Unlike you.

If u think its not his job to defend nigerians then god help you. Once BH is done with the north, guess where's next?
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by JaaizTech: 1:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
lalasticlala:
Multiple explosions suspected to be Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) has rocked Damaturu, the Yobe State capital while sporadic gunshots engulfed the city of troubled Maiduguri on Monday morning living many residents trapped in their houses for fear of their lives.

Damaturu is 135 km West of Maiduguri, Borno State capital.

This is even as another attack at Lassa town of Askira/Uba local government area of Borno state over the week end left 11 residents dead with Churches including the biggest EYN church and many houses burnt down by the Boko Haram sect.

Sources also said during the Lassa attacks, youth vigilante of the area confronted the sect this led to the killing of 41 Boko Haram members and capture of 17.

The fresh morning attack of Today (Monday) which started at about 6am in Damaturu by terrorists were targeted at police and military formations as well as selected houses, a situation that sources said left many people dead.

Reliable source told our Correspondent that “the Police Mobile Base in Damaturu was one of the security formations that came under attack by insurgents”.
“As I am talking to you now, we are in serious confusion now, gunshots and explosions everywhere especially from the southern part of the city and people are fleeing,” said an embattled resident, Mallam Usmanu Iliya.

Another resident who did not want his name mentioned for security reasons said he was woken up by the gunshots and blast which started at about 6am, and he suspects Boko Haram may be attacking.
Another resident who could barely speak as he was panting simply told our reporter that “We are running for our lives…we are under attack… We don’t know where to hide, the shooting is all over….”.

Although, as at press time, the attacks and confrontations by security operatives in Damaturu is still continuing, the actual casualty figure is yet to be ascertained.
Likewise, the sporadic gunshots that woke the residents of Maiduguri according to military sources “were not from Boko Haram sect, but a routine test of arms and ammunitions by security operatives in the state”. Even though, the development puts more fear on the minds of parents send their children to schools, while those who normally go out for work early in the morning could not do so.

Meanwhile, residents of Lassa over the week end reportedly resisted the attack on its community by engaging the attackers with locally made guns, bows and arrows.

Lassa is predominantly a Christian community in Askira Uba council area of Borno state which is under control of Boko Haram sect.

Ali Mamza, a resident of Lassa town and member of the local vigilante group told reporters that,“If we flee today, tomorrow we will continue to flee and these murderer would continue to kill. If we had fled they would have killed many people. I think our decision to fight yielded as it is better that few people were killed than for hundred to be killed. We will continue to encourage ourselves, because they would keep coming, we cannot run any longer.” He said.

source:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/many-dead-insurgents-assail-security-formations/

Issues have disintegrated to the level where you can not ask the people not to arm themselves. What I expect Govt. to do is to manage this vigilante groups, don't just leave them to themselves. Govt. should assign military commanders to manage their operations. The vigilante's shouldn't be seen as an armed group on its on but a volunteer-group willing to assist the military.
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by JaaizTech: 2:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
chidiebere2020:
my point is that northerners are not doin enough to stop boko rams and they should stop blaming others 4 they menaces is just lack of enlightment 4 some of they youth an mentally blindnes, thatz mean cause of dis.......

Tell me exactly what you want the Northerners to do Sanusi encouraged his people to arm themselves against Boko Haram, you criticized him, some Northerners tried to broker peace through negotiations / amnesty they were faced with criticism and in the end the FG backed down. Many Islamic clerics whom criticised Boko-Haram are being hacked down; many of the communities being attacked by Boko Haram are being attacked because of the refusal by the community to support or allow Boko Haram to operate in their domain. Youth volunteers under Civilian JTF are putting their lives on the line to support the military. What more can they really do

The question should be what exactly is FG doing? Just early last month Boko-Haram was on the back-foot, but what did FG do They announced a cease-fire that was non-existent. In fact I am suspecting FG knows more about BH.
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by Vikky014(f): 2:13pm On Dec 01, 2014
FotherMucker:

I do have a copy of the quran. I also have sense. Unlike you.

If u think its not his job to defend nigerians then god help you. Once BH is done with the north, guess where's next?
thank God u hv ur Quaran so stp saying rubbish here do wht ur Quran told u to do meanwhile dt madness can only happen in sharia states

Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by Litmus: 2:17pm On Dec 01, 2014
If Nigeria is serious about democracy then round about now, the Political parties would put aside their difference and unit to form a War government. They would postpone elections indefinably and put heads together to defeat these foreign sponsored attack on Nigeria. When things have been brought under control then elections would be scheduled for the earliest convenient time. Really, only the most callous and stupid leadership would continue with the elections as things stand. No one, party, religion, or section of Nigeria will gain from an election. We wouldn't even be praised for holding an election as things stand now even if it does not afterwards lead to a sense of dissatisfaction that would lead to more problems. The international and business community would take a dim view and it would go down in history as a shambolic and unsatisfactory election held by the Nigerian Tin-pot-state.

1 Like

Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by juman(m): 2:19pm On Dec 01, 2014
Death is sooo cheap in nigeria that I always think of death everytime.

May nigeria be divided and separated so that we have good governance and peace of mind.
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by juman(m): 2:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
What a country!

It is bokos that attack the police bases and army barracks but not the way round.

You see the bad one nigeria they built.

To hell with one nigeria.
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by slightlyMad(f): 3:10pm On Dec 01, 2014
IbokUtoroh:

coming from a slightly mad fellow, am not suprised.
slightly MAD don finally MAD.

coming from a riff raff
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 01, 2014
teufelein:
BOKO HARAM TOP CABINETS*
1. Alhaji Amodu Sheriff (founder)
2. Mohammed Yusuf (co-founder)
3. Mallam El-Rufai (financier)
4. Rabiu Kwankwaso (financier)
5. Ibrahim Gaidam (weapons manager, North East)
6. Ahmed Yerima (bomb factory manager)
7. Muhammad Buhari (commander-in-chief)
8. Babangida Aliyu (weapons manager, North West)
9. Emir of Kano (head financier)
10. Isa Yuguda (bomb expert)
11. Alhaji Umaru Tanko (assistant bomb expert)
12. Sultan of Sokoto (spiritual leader)
13. Turaki of Adamawa (head of sharia court)
14. Omar Garba (spokesman)
15. Abdullahi Bashir (Al-Qaeda ambassador)
16. Hassan Nasarallah (Hezbollah ambassador)
17. Hariri Usman (Al-Shabab ambassador)
18. Mohammed Hariri (ISIS ambassador)
19. Abubakar Shekau (chief butcher)
20. IBB (general overseer)
21.Atiku Abubaka (deputy commander)
22 APC political arm of boko haram
23 Sahara TV / TVC boko haram media
24 Abdulrasheed Sanni & Johnson Asushei Sanni socia media Representative
and you think you are making sense,...

1 Like

Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by prophetfire: 6:28pm On Dec 01, 2014
The north is getting served the cup of divine justice.the north that used to relish in religous violence,killing christians at the drop of a hat on flimsy excuses has now seen violence nd is running n crying out.the monster they bred is after them.

1 Like

Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by prophetfire: 6:31pm On Dec 01, 2014
The north is getting served the cup of divine justice.the north that used to relish in religous violence,killing christians at the drop of a hat on flimsy excuses has now seen violence nd is running n crying out.the monster they bred is after them. And lest I forget,they eqaly led the "One nigerians"to kill defenceles biafran children n women."they that destroy others to succed will hv destruction waiting for them @ their seat of succes"

1 Like

Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by aauwalu80: 12:28am On Dec 02, 2014
salvatore007:
GEJ just makin sure he reduces d population if d north so as to gain upper hand...

SMH cry

uwarka uwarka dan iska. u too we pray B.boys will cam to kick u an ur papa so dat GEJ go get uppr hand too. tsinanne la.anane
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by aauwalu80: 12:32am On Dec 02, 2014
Habiz:
and you think you are making sense,...

I thnk ths BH evil act has touches ur Imagination u bettr goto see a pschatric doctr. tell himmn ahh ur Medicine dnt finish.
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by toblosky(m): 5:37am On Dec 02, 2014
Hi-five for Lassa youths and it's vigilante. If all north-east be like them,we will be teaching Boko haram in history class by now
Re: Many Dead As Insurgents Assail Security Formations In Damaturu by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:03am On Dec 02, 2014
slightlyMad:

coming from a riff raff

slightly mad is finally mad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obaseki To Ex-Governor: Edo State money is for Development, not for individuals / 2023: Anxiety As PDP Begins Presidential Campaign Amid Atiku/Wike Feud / Crashing Oil Prices; A Blessing In Disguise For Nigeria!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.