Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. (2447 Views)

12 Things Wives Should Take Notice Of! / Great Things Wives Do / After Getting Married, What Did You Stop Doing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by bruno419(m): 6:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
1. Stop thinking that your way is the “right”
way. If he does something differently, it does
not mean that it’s wrong. When a wife insists on
having her own way, she is in essence saying, “I
have to be in control.”

2. Don’t put others before your husband.

3. Don’t expect your husband to be your
girlfriend.most women are guilty of wearing out their husband
with countless conversational details that he doesn’t really care about. Now if he were a
girlfriend, all of those details would definitely
matter!

4. Don’t dishonor your husband.

5. Never use sex to bargain with your husband.

6. Stop reminding your husband about things
over and over.

7. Don’t make your husband earn your
respect.

8. Never look first to a book, a plan, or a
person to fix a problem in your marriage.

9. Stop putting housework ahead of hubby.
One young mom told her husband that she
didn't want to make love one night because she
had just changed the sheets and she wanted
them to stay clean. What do you think that
response said to her husband? Another woman,
who puts her husband ahead of the housework,
said: “Do not leave the unfolded laundry on your
marriage bed.”lol

10. Do not expect your husband to be Prince
Charming. After all, the perfect husband only
exists in fairy tales and your marriage exists in
real life. One young wife said that instead of
focusing on her husband’s shortcomings, she’s
learned to recognize the wonderful things about
him. What’s been the result? He’s been
encouraged to do even more to be the man of
her dreams.

#counter thread

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
Your number 7 though, please explain undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by Fabdedon(m): 6:44pm On Dec 01, 2014
Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by bruno419(m): 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
Tashamania:
Your number 7 though, please explain undecided
Many women think, I’ll respect him
when he earns it. But there’s a reason that
Ephesians 5:33 says, “Let the wife see that she
respects her husband.” As one friend said: “If
women could learn to understand that respect is
a man's native tongue, that it absolutely heals
his heart and ministers to him like nothing else,
it would make the biggest difference in the
world.”
Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by holatin(m): 7:04pm On Dec 01, 2014
lemme drill this into my wife

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by bruno419(m): 7:08pm On Dec 01, 2014
girls will never comment positively

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 01, 2014
The truth of the matter is the husband has to earn the respect of his wife as she has to earn his. That's the law of nature.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by SAMBARRY: 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2014
Some threads on this site os so irritating to say the least undecided

I don't even know where to start from sef.anyway my phone battery is down.when I charge it I will come back and dissect it

it must always be about a man.jeez!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by pweetixandy: 7:46pm On Dec 01, 2014
Lol! Our naija men,,una don see sey women don dey open eye,fear con dey catch una. Intimidation is d only reason u guys have been opening all these meaningless threads. Men these days are struggling to earn d lost respect and honour they had in our eyes. All these mumu threads will not help. Shuoooo!

7 Likes

Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by bruno419(m): 8:20pm On Dec 01, 2014
pweetixandy:
Lol! Our naija men,,una don see sey women don dey open eye,fear con dey catch una. Intimidation is d only reason u guys have been opening all these meaningless threads. Men these days are struggling to earn d lost respect and honour they had in our eyes. All these mumu threads will not help. Shuoooo!
sister are u married
Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 01, 2014
bruno419:

2. Don’t put others before your husband.

You have a baby, forget that one. If your husband is around he comes first. The baby can cry and eventually keep quiet. Remember he is your number one baby, others come after him.

Your mother is sick and u have to go take care of her but your husband wants you to be home with him because he doesnt want to do things for himself for a few days. Abeg dont mind your mother's sickness, your husband comes first in everything. Shebi was it your mother who paid that N500 as bride price?

6. Stop reminding your husband about things
over and over.
he is always forgetting things? Please ladies dont remind him, even if its something important. You don't need to keep reminding him, even if its your anniversary keep it to yourself if u want to keep you marriage!

7. Don’t make your husband earn your
respect.
he cheats on you? He abuses you?
My dear continue to show him respect, one day he will change... Even if its after 10yrs and you have HIV! Continue to be submissive, if u get sick you know the direction to the hospital!
He stops providing for the family, simply because he doesnt want to work anymore? It doesnt matter! Just go down on your knees everyday and serve him food that will just miraculously fall from the sky.
He insults you? Biko just go sit under iroko tree and sign praise songs, surely one day God will intervene!

Remember respect is only earned by the wife, the husband can go crazy but you should keep treating him like a responsible, mature adult! Forget all that self-respect, take whatever comes your way

8. Never look first to a book, a plan, or a
person to fix a problem in your marriage.

You marriage is going down the drain? Biko dont ask for help, one day u will surely figure it out by yourself!
How can someone else's knowledge on marriage help you? U dey mad?

9. Stop putting housework ahead of hubby.
One young mom told her husband that she
didn't want to make love one night because she
had just changed the sheets and she wanted
them to stay clean. What do you think that
response said to her husband? Another woman,
who puts her husband ahead of the housework,
said: “Do not leave the unfolded laundry on your
marriage bed.”lol
if he wants to do the bedmatics while the sink is full of dishes and the clothes he removed are still on the floor. Biko leave them there! Do whatever he wants first. Shebi u didnt know you just another kunta kinte, you do whatever the master wants you to do when he wants you to do it! What is a clean home, when all you should be focusing on is pleasing him?

10. Do not expect your husband to be Prince
Charming. After all, the perfect husband only
exists in fairy tales and your marriage exists in
real life. One young wife said that instead of
focusing on her husband’s shortcomings, she’s
learned to recognize the wonderful things about
him. What’s been the result? He’s been
encouraged to do even more to be the man of
her dreams.
why do u deserve to be treated like a queen? All you have to focus on is treating him like a king! Forget his shortcoming! Even if its overspending and borrowing what he cant pay back, focus on the useless things he is using that money on instead! Who are u to focus on what he isn't doing right, thats his job, he is the one who gets to condemn your every little mistake as a woman. As for you, just shut up! The perfect husband is found on disney and nickelodeon! But a perfect wife must exist in the real world ooo!
In fact u have to be the combination of Eva Longoria, mother Theressa, Catwoman, superman, batman, captain planet, Shakira and his mother.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 01, 2014
I am not sure I understand 6 and 8 correctly but the rest is ok, I would say good advice.
Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by Skillfullulu(m): 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2014
pweetixandy:
I pty una females em, una dey loose thingz small small b that,
Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by Fkforyou(m): 8:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
Guy why not marry a robot and design her\it to behave and act the way you want.
Na so una go they make ladies disrespect us with all this una foolish threads.......wetin you dey try prove self.?
I bet you if your dad(note, not your wife) write his list of expectations on you,you won't even be worthy of beign his son yet you guys would be writing unnecessary list of expectations on another human being that has a life experience different from yours.

8 Likes

Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 01, 2014
Fkforyou:
Guy why not marry a robot and design her\it to behave and act the way you want.
Na so una go they make ladies disrespect us with all this una foolish threads.......wetin you dey try prove self.?
I bet you if your dad(note, not your wife) write his list of expectations on you,you won't even be worthy of beign his son yet you guys would be writing unnecessary list of expectations on another human being that has a life experience different from yours.

My father doesn't even have a list for his wife or his children. He fulfills his duty as a husband and father without being asked and we in return show him the respect and care he deserves.

All these people thinking because i have male on my birth certificate i should be given respect by fire by force, whether i deserve it or not! They know absolutely nothing about responsibility, but they are ready to create sken sken lists from cairo to capetown!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by cococandy(f): 9:44pm On Dec 01, 2014
pweetixandy:
. All these mumu threads will not help. Shuoooo!
lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by pweetixandy: 9:53pm On Dec 01, 2014
bruno419:
sister are u married
brother...it is not ur "consign"

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by pweetixandy: 10:02pm On Dec 01, 2014
Skillfullulu:
I pty una females em, una dey loose thingz small small b that,
una males dey gain things well well..that's why guys come here making lists of "this and that"

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by bukatyne(f): 10:28pm On Dec 01, 2014
LOL! @ thread

@OP: Just drill wifey to be into all these and you are fine cheesy
Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by NickiRoman: 12:33am On Dec 02, 2014
This sh*t is getting boring!! Jeez!
Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by Skillfullulu(m): 6:35am On Dec 02, 2014
pweetixandy:
una males dey gain things well well..that's why guys come here making lists of "this and that"
na una dem dey pity, em no want make una loose all ni. These days una no get things lke our grannys
Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by SAMBARRY: 11:13am On Dec 02, 2014
chaiiii this your sarcasm ehen grin grin grin grin
Mondisweets:

You have a baby, forget that one. If your husband is around he comes first. The baby can cry and eventually keep quiet. Remember he is your number one baby, others come after him.

Your mother is sick and u have to go take care of her but your husband wants you to be home with him because he doesnt want to do things for himself for a few days. Abeg dont mind your mother's sickness, your husband comes first in everything. Shebi was it your mother who paid that N500 as bride price?

he is always forgetting things? Please ladies dont remind him, even if its something important. You don't need to keep reminding him, even if its your anniversary keep it to yourself if u want to keep you marriage!

My dear continue to show him respect, one day he will change... Even if its after 10yrs and you have HIV! Continue to be submissive, if u get sick you know the direction to the hospital!
He stops providing for the family, simply because he doesnt want to work anymore? It doesnt matter! Just go down on your knees everyday and serve him food that will just miraculously fall from the sky.
He insults you? Biko just go sit under iroko tree and sign praise songs, surely one day God will intervene!

Remember respect is only earned by the wife, the husband can go crazy but you should keep treating him like a responsible, mature adult! Forget all that self-respect, take whatever comes your way

You marriage is going down the drain? Biko dont ask for help, one day u will surely figure it out by yourself!

if he wants to do the bedmatics while the sink is full of dishes and the clothes he removed are still on the floor. Biko leave them there! Do whatever he wants first. Shebi u didnt know you just another kunta kinte, you do whatever the master wants you to do when he wants you to do it! What is a clean home, when all you should be focusing on is pleasing him?

why do u deserve to be treated like a queen? All you have to focus on is treating him like a king! Forget his shortcoming! Even if its overspending and borrowing what he cant pay back, focus on the useless things he is using that money on instead! Who are u to focus on what he isn't doing right, thats his job, he is the one who gets to condemn your every little mistake as a woman. As for you, just shut up! The perfect husband is found on disney and nickelodeon! But a perfect wife must exist in the real world ooo!
In fact u have to be the combination of Eva Longoria, mother Theressa, Catwoman, superman, batman, captain planet, Shakira and his mother.
Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by pweetixandy: 11:58am On Dec 02, 2014
Skillfullulu:
na una dem dey pity, em no want make una loose all ni. These days una no get things lke our grannys
these days ehn..una no get things reach my papa sef,not to mention my grandpas
Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by diamazing(f): 6:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
Mondisweets:

Lol, I love this, "The Perfect Wife" showing in the cinema near you. If wishes were horses ...
Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 02, 2014
Mondisweets:

I love, not like. You hit the nail right on the head

Despicable write up
Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by Nobody: 5:02am On Dec 03, 2014
diamazing:

Lol, I love this, "The Perfect Wife" showing in the cinema near you. If wishes were horses ...
cheesy
Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by Skillfullulu(m): 8:53am On Dec 03, 2014
pweetixandy:
these days ehn..una no get things reach my papa sef,not to mention my grandpas
instead make u lsten and observe na talk u dey talk. Lol
Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by pweetixandy: 9:18am On Dec 03, 2014
Skillfullulu:
instead make u lsten and observe na talk u dey talk. Lol
lol..those days wey women dey only listen don pass,now women dey talk,and u guys listen tongue
Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by Skillfullulu(m): 9:56am On Dec 03, 2014
pweetixandy:
lol..those days wey women dey only listen don pass,now women dey talk,and u guys listen tongue
chai!!!! Pride. No doubt
Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 03, 2014
I HATE THIS THREAD.
Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by pweetixandy: 10:59am On Dec 03, 2014
Skillfullulu:
chai!!!! Pride. No doubt
no jor
Re: 10 Things Wives Should Stop Doing. by Skillfullulu(m): 11:01am On Dec 03, 2014
[quote author=pweetixandy post=28553830] no jor[/quote u sure? Guys of these days want babes to b submissive]

(1) (2) (Reply)

24 Advice Of A Mother To Her Daughter / What Do I Do About My Stingy Sister? / Should I Give My Second Cousin An Egg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.