Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,461 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! (4257 Views)

I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? / Presidency Launches Plot To Remove Tambuwal, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by kahal29: 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2014
Tobi Soniyi in Abuja

An attempt by the Peoples Democratic Party to surreptitiously remove the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, through an ex parte application has. failed as the trial judge, Justice Ahmed Mohammed, ordered the party to put the Speaker on notice.

The court turned down the party's request for an ex parte order to compel Tambuwal to vacate his seat as Speaker of the House of Representatives following his defection from the majority party (PDP).

PDP's counsel, Chief Mike Ahamba (SAN), who argued the application, said Tambuwal had lost his seat by reason of his defection, according to the provisions of section 68 of the 1999 constitution.

The party joined the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Alhaji Aminu Tambuwal and the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Emeka Ihedioha, as respondents in the motion.

It urged the court to order Tambuwal to give effect to the provisions of section 68(1)(g) of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended) to declare his seat at the House of Representatives vacant.

PDP also prayed the court for an alternative order directing the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives to declare the Kebbe/Tambuwal seat vacant by an order of mandamus.

Also in the ex parte motion, PDP asked the court to stop Tambuwal from performing or continuing to perform the function of the Speaker in the House of Representatives, or sitting or continuing to sit in the House as a member.

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/court-refuses-pdps-application-to-remove-tambuwal-as-speaker/195537/

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2014
PDP chiefs are fighting over a lost battle. They will be defeated in this suit. Tambawal Remains Speaker till May 29, 2015!

26 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by jamace(m): 7:41pm On Dec 01, 2014

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by pendy179: 7:41pm On Dec 01, 2014
Some programmed trolls are celebrating in the thread on the front page not knowing they are celebrating their ignorance and illiteracy on the process of law.

How can you seek an ex-parte jugdment without an originating summon? I no be lawyer but I sabi book small.

This case go dey till 2023 after tambuwal finished his second term as governor.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by thiefnubu(m): 7:44pm On Dec 01, 2014
The provision of Section 68(1)g of the Constitution is very clear, and not open to liberal interpretation...

Nigeria is a joke

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by Firefire(m): 7:48pm On Dec 01, 2014
GOODBYE AMINU

GOODBYE TAMBUWAL

Former Speaker of Nigeria House of representatives Alhaji Aminu Tambuwal.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by jaytee01(m): 7:53pm On Dec 01, 2014
Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by donphilopus: 7:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
Firefire:
GOODBYE AMINU

GOODBYE TAMBUWAL

Continue consoling yourself. It's allowed!

9 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by kelot(f): 7:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
watching and waiting
Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by kahal29: 8:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
smiley
Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by bosteps: 8:04pm On Dec 01, 2014
jamace:
Pure lie. Read here: https://www.nairaland.com/2024096/breaking-court-grants-pdp-leave

So many conflicting stories on NL of late

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by bosteps: 8:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
jamace:
Pure lie. Read here: https://www.nairaland.com/2024096/breaking-court-grants-pdp-leave

So many conflicting stories on NL today

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by holatin(m): 8:11pm On Dec 01, 2014
Hmmmm read latest news
Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by patrickmuf(m): 8:12pm On Dec 01, 2014
Me thinks the judges here are applying common sense in dealing with issues so as not to overheat the polity...
Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by Mogidi: 8:31pm On Dec 01, 2014
From Tinubu's newspaper The Nation:
Click>>> Court grants PDP permission to move against Tambuwal

Justice Ahmed Mohammed, in an ex-parte ruling on Monday granted the PDP “leave to apply, by way of judicial review, for an order of mandamus compelling the Speaker or Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives to give effect to the provisions of Section 68(1)(g) of the Constitution by declaring the Kebbe/Tambuwal federal Constituency seat vacant.”

Kebbe/Tambuwal federal Constituency will soon be vacant and on behalf of Nigerians I say sai gobe, kachifono, oda bo to Tambuwal.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 01, 2014
Tambu-out is gone!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by Mogidi: 8:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
mikeansy:
Tambu-out is gone!

grin grin grin TambuWale was warned but he didn't listen, his future looks bleak.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by orimsamsam(m): 8:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
Firefire:
GOODBYE AMINU

GOODBYE TAMBUWAL

.guess u r the new speaker.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by Mogidi: 8:41pm On Dec 01, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

I am yet to see you contribute intelligently on any issue except posting like an agbero on a mission!

Tufiakwa!

Hear the genius political commentator, I laugh in Swahili.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
donphilopus:
Whether these touts like it or not, Tambuwal will preside over the affairs of the House till the 7th Reps is inaugurated. After that, he would be sworn in as the Executive Governor of Sokoto State!

As for this thread, it would be easier to pick a pin from the pit, than for this thread to be moved to the homepage. Those Mods were so fast to move the one created by Sunnybobo to the homepage simply because they felt it was against APC.

It seems the mods no longer move threads created by progressives to the front page!

Almost all threads there are created by Ishilove, Ceo4eva, phockphockman, sunnybobo and other yeye handles here! I maybe wrong though!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by SuperModerator: 8:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
Seun, this threads deserves front page, but I'm curious to know what the topic would be changed to if it peradventure gets to front page.

cause I remember a topic changed to APC reps moves to impeach GEJ or something similar to that.

make I dey watch.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:45pm On Dec 01, 2014
SuperModerator:
Seun, this threads deserves front page, but I'm curious to know what the topic would be changed to if it peradventure gets to front page.

cause I remember a topic changed to APC reps moves to impeach GEJ or something similar to that.

make I dey watch.

Its easier for PDP to remove Tambuwal than this making frontpage!

I remember a similar case between Agbakoba and Itse Sagay debates on the same issue!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by donphilopus: 8:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

It seems the mods no longer move threads created by progressives to the front page!

Almost all threads there are created by Ishilove, Ceo4eva, phockphockman, sunnybobo and other yeye handles here! I maybe wrong though!

You're damn right. Most of the threads moved to the homepage now are mostly Anti-Buhari/Tambuwal.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by asodeboyede(m): 9:04pm On Dec 01, 2014
Naijalitics! Naijacracy!
Even the ancient Greeks would be turning in their graves!

Am neither APC nor PDP!!!
Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by Seun(m): 9:11pm On Dec 01, 2014
Both news articles - the one here and the one presenting the same story a different way - have the noxious stench of propaganda.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by OAUTemitayo: 9:18pm On Dec 01, 2014
While you are quick to push the one that suit your paymasters to the frontpage?
Seun:
Both news articles - the one here and the one presenting the same story a different way - have the noxious stench of propaganda.

6 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Court Refuses Pdp's Application To Remove Tambuwal As Speaker! by Firefire(m): 9:19pm On Dec 01, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

I am yet to see you contribute intelligently on any issue except posting like an agbero on a mission!

Tufiakwa!

If I be agbero, then you go be

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jump into the lagoon and hide ur Heads in SHAME International observers(Photo) / PMB Appoints Secretary Gen Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs As JAMB Registrar / IF BIAFRA REFERENDUM IS ACCEPT TO HOLD TODAY I'LL GO TO COURT & STOP IT!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.