Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Facts For A Healthy Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Facts For A Healthy Relationship (1111 Views)

Things People DON’T Do In A Healthy Relationship / 10 Signs That You're In A Healthy Relationship / Things You Must Not Do In A Healthy Relationship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facts For A Healthy Relationship by pasqal09: 10:17pm On Dec 01, 2014
1. Ditching Friends For Him/Her
Any time your relationship isolates you from your other loved ones, it's not healthy. Granted, you'll need your alone time together and you can't make it to every outing your friends are having but if you're suddenly missing every important birthday or rare family events, this could be a sign your relationship isn't good for you.

2. Comparing Relationships
"comparison is the thief of joy." This is crucially important for your relationship. You and your partner are never going to do things the same way as others. You won't work the same jobs, have the same background or income as another couple so it's important to focus on the life you're creating together and not the life you think you should have just because another couple does.

3. Trying to force it
A relationship isn't always easy because love is complex but at the heart of it, love should not be complicated. Stop trying to make the relationship into exactly what you want to be and focus instead on loving and getting to know the person. The rest will fall into place and if it's meant to be, it will happen.

4. Communication
Communication is the key to a healthy, happy relationship. When you're not taking the time to communicate to each other each day, that's where problems can arise. This can affect your mood, it can build up resentment and it can cause you to miss out on intimacy with your partner.

5. Not Extending Enough Grace
You can't expect a person to be perfect all the time. You need to remember that your partner is doing the best they can but they can't always get it right. Be there to love them and cherish them even in the moments they may do something wrong. By showing them that respect, they'll do the same to you.

6. Showing Respect
When you enter a relationship with someone, you need to give each other the proper respect. Being selfish and inconsiderate of your partners feelings is only going to result in heartbreak and pain. Respect their decisions and don't undermine who they are.

7. Loving the Person, Not the Idea
Sometimes it's easy to fall in love with the idea of the person and not so much who they really are. You might love the fact that she makes a lot of money or the way he looks without a shirt on, but those shallow details can change at any moment. It's important to love the person for who they really are and not just for the shallow things that make you happy.

8. Being Too possessive
This is something that not every couple will go through but if it does happen, it can be a slippery slope to something harmful. When one side is too possessive, it will make the other feel they're not respected, loved or considered. In some cases, it can even lead to emotional abuse so it's important to handle this red flag right away!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts For A Healthy Relationship by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 01, 2014
Charlie...you're on point!
Re: Facts For A Healthy Relationship by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 01, 2014
With the continuous supply of relationship tips on nl dis days we all shd hav perfect relationships by now cheesy

E long sha but e make sense small.
Re: Facts For A Healthy Relationship by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
Too many love experts patronizing NL servers.
Re: Facts For A Healthy Relationship by xpac01(m): 10:55pm On Dec 01, 2014
I don't live in France, neither did I school there, all I know is that, here in Nigeria, get money, your relationship is healthy.
Re: Facts For A Healthy Relationship by Greyworld: 11:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
I pray I don't foget 2 Remember dez wen she says yes......
Re: Facts For A Healthy Relationship by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
xpac01:
I don't live in France, neither did I school there, all I know is that, here in Nigeria, get money, your relationship is healthy.
Must it be about money? Money can only buy you sexual gratification, not love. And here, topic is clearly about a couple in love.
Re: Facts For A Healthy Relationship by yuncka: 12:12am On Dec 02, 2014
And again....stop making money and sex a priority. Zip up Ur clothes and lock up Ur bank accounts.
Re: Facts For A Healthy Relationship by pasqal09: 8:14am On Dec 02, 2014
yuncka:
And again....stop making money and sex a priority. Zip up Ur clothes and lock up Ur bank accounts.
grin
Re: Facts For A Healthy Relationship by pasqal09: 8:15am On Dec 02, 2014
NinoBrown888:
Charlie...you're on point!
I'm always on point.
Re: Facts For A Healthy Relationship by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 02, 2014
pasqal09:

I'm always on point.

for your mind ni...:|
Re: Facts For A Healthy Relationship by pasqal09: 9:04am On Dec 02, 2014
NinoBrown888:

for your mind ni...:|
Common naa.... I know you think so too.
Re: Facts For A Healthy Relationship by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 02, 2014
pasqal09:

Common naa.... I know you think so too.

lol..okaay charliee AmA give you credit to that...:>
Re: Facts For A Healthy Relationship by unibenstudent1(m): 9:14am On Dec 02, 2014
I don't follow rules in a relationship ,I just do what I do,if it breaks up fine.if it doesn't..I came to earth alone ,why should I force myself to another!
Re: Facts For A Healthy Relationship by pasqal09: 9:17am On Dec 02, 2014
unibenstudent1:
I don't follow rules in a relationship ,I just do what I do,if it breaks up fine.if it doesn't..I came to earth alone ,why should I force myself to another!
Who said anything about following rules?
Re: Facts For A Healthy Relationship by unibenstudent1(m): 9:22am On Dec 02, 2014
pasqal09:

Who said anything about following rules?
the post is somewhat of like a standard,,and I don't go into relationship for the standard I wanna attain but I go in to catch fun..

(1) (Reply)

Try Not Be A Spare Tire To Any Man / Whats She Thinking / Interracial Marriages Are The Best Type.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.