Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail (15020 Views)

Someone Paid Me With Fake 1000 Note. What Will I Do?? Pics!! / Barclays Seeks Investment Banking Licence In Nigeria / FG Renews Chevron’s Licence For Another 20 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by Onedolar: 8:14am On Dec 02, 2014
Hmm i love my country
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by jahbiz: 8:14am On Dec 02, 2014
Lol. Like this is not Nigeria.
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by colossus2: 8:14am On Dec 02, 2014
soji1992:
[img]http://www.qservers.net/process/?aff=058[/img][img]http://www.nigerianwebhosts.com/orders/?aff=102[/img][img]http://www.?aff=687[/img]
Behave yourself.
You don't have to keep posting this on every thread.
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by Youngzedd(m): 8:16am On Dec 02, 2014
Not bad.

Things must be done right.

Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by UnimkeAk(m): 8:19am On Dec 02, 2014
kennygee:
Jail?

When you can just settle the officers who caught you be the road?

Certainly not in Nigeria.

The only way we can have sane drivers on the road is if we adopt the American style of obtaining driver's license.

I'm not sure of how it works, but we can give it a try.

Americans have the technology to manage drunk driving on the road but we don't and I'm afraid corruption won't let us reach that point.

We have been copying the wrong things from the West, i think this is a right thing to adopt.

Anyone who goes to jail for an offense like that in a Nigeria of today is an OZUO.

Easy babe, we going too fast.
One step at a time grin

The govt should provide us with good roads first.

And nothing bad ever resulted from drunk driving.
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by flexing11(m): 8:26am On Dec 02, 2014
ok rite move bt it will ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, complete it;;
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by jahbiz: 8:30am On Dec 02, 2014
Looking @ the way NLanders book space on fp, we will soon run out of sensible comments on fp.
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by kenock: 8:46am On Dec 02, 2014
Lagos state government via the states VIO also is making huge money from this issue of driving licence, cus all driving licence is tagged fake, your work or business or plan for that day is disorganised if they stop you for check, cus you must not be 100% sure of your vehicle, one thing for sure must be missing, which a fine is 20k for each, no form of negotiation from them, if you don't know fashola, your name is sorry, cus their salary is payed base on the number of motorist caught, so they are in all nok and cranny of the state (business) so don't be surprise to see them banging at your door to inspect your vehicle, I wasn't surprised seeing a full bag of 5 ghana go bag of seized driving licence, cus I've been a victim. To apprehend your vehicle is one thing to pay for the offence is another ball game, cus this may take you a week, and you pay dumourage of 3k each day for the number of days.
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by plumule(m): 8:48am On Dec 02, 2014
Jostico:
oh grin
well in saudi arabia its been done without noticing... please peeps come over to iraq
soon dis thrash will spread all over nairaland like christmas gift

1 Like

Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by ndcide(m): 8:58am On Dec 02, 2014
nonsense

you get fake license from the issuing organizations.

if it's about data base, they can update the database anyhow.

the solution is to make it easy to get without compromising standards. if license will take you 2 years to renew, then corruption will help fast track the process.
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by just2endowed: 9:03am On Dec 02, 2014
kenock:
Lagos state government via the states VIO also is making huge money from this issue of driving licence, cus all driving licence is tagged fake, your work or business or plan for that day is disorganised if they stop you for check, cus you must not be 100% sure of your vehicle, one thing for sure must be missing, which a fine is 20k for each, no form of negotiation from them, if you don't know fashola, your name is sorry, cus their salary is payed base on the number of motorist caught, so they are in all nok and cranny of the state (business) so don't be surprise to see them banging at your door to inspect your vehicle, I wasn't surprised seeing a full bag of 5 ghana go bag of seized driving licence, cus I've been a victim. To apprehend your vehicle is one thing to pay for the offence is another ball game, cus this may take you a week, and you pay dumourage of 3k each day for the number of days.

those voi, I wonder if they can be bribe.....omo there own name target ridden work.pray u don't fall on there trap. if FRSC too can be set up to be target ridden, it will pay off I guess
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by ghostofsparta(m): 9:08am On Dec 02, 2014
kennygee:
We have been copying the wrong things from the West, i think this is a right thing to adopt.
K
Why must you people keep blaming the west for the sort of sordid behaviours developed by our self-righteous hypocrites called Nigerians? Was it the west that influenced those sexplicit 'Ukwu' musical videos by Timaya and Durella? Was it the west who despite warning that speed kills influenced the speed-freak driver to cause the accident in the image below which occurred on along Egbeda-Idimu road on my way to Iyana Ipaja. Injured people were been taken to a nearby place, the ground was soaked with blood.

1 Like

Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by uwherin(m): 9:23am On Dec 02, 2014
how can one check the validity of his driver's license online?
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by Onegai(f): 9:34am On Dec 02, 2014
kennygee:
Jail?

The only way we can have sane drivers on the road is if we adopt the American style of obtaining driver's license.

Americans have the technology to manage drunk driving on the road but we don't and I'm afraid corruption won't let us reach that point.

Anyone who goes to jail for an offense like that in a Nigeria of today is an OZUO.

Meh, can't work here. First, you have to attend Driving classes (theoretical for 2 weeks), then do the written test (usually computer-based) and if you pass that, you can do your road-test. After all that, they only give you a Provisional Driving license (PDL), for a year, before you get your Driver's license (if you've managed not to get any traffic violations or tickets under your PDL).

In Nigeria, everyone would want to jump the queue in impatience and not wait for a year. They will scream "I haff bin driving since u were born ni", even though they don't know basic driving laws such as Right-Of-Way at an Intersection or traffigating when changing lanes or speed limits, infact they will will blare their horns around schools and hospitals.

Already one poster above me has said nothing bad happens with drunk driving. Last Christmas, someone died at the intersection of Osbourne way at night, a drunk driver ran into his car, head-on collision. Every holiday, the number of drunk drivers on the island, particularly those morons who keep speeding on Ozumba Mbadiwe and having accidents at the corner of 1004 estate (if you stay on C or B blocks high-rise, you'll know what I'm talking about). Nigerians don't deserve good things.
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by 1one: 9:38am On Dec 02, 2014
kennygee:
Jail?

Anyone who goes to jail for an offense like that in a Nigeria of today is an OZUO .

Chaiiii

gringringrin

I've not heard that shade in a long while.
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 9:46am On Dec 02, 2014
kennygee:
Jail?

Vehicle Inspection officers rarely take bribes. I'm not trying to pick on you or something, but why would you suggest something you don't even understand?
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 02, 2014
BOLAJIAJANI:

Vehicle Inspection officers rarely take bribes. I'm not trying to pick on you or something, buy why would you suggest something you don't even understand?

They don't take bribes?

grin

Yeah right.
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by 1one: 10:03am On Dec 02, 2014
I'm hoping to get a car soon, so after getting the car, would I now go through all these layers of stress just to get a licence

The truth is, knowing something and practicing it are two different things, after going through their screenings and driving classes and whatnot.. Does that really make anyone a better driver?.. Would the fact that I have a valid driver's license authenticated by all the safety organisations in Nigeria, make me slow down at a roundabout?... Would it make me slow down at the sight of a Zebra crossing?.. It wouldn't necessarily make me do so... My point is, good driving is more of a subjective concept.... Some people don't drive well because they are just naturally insensitive, callous and indifferent people... Or let's even consider those that drink and drive... What's to say a guy doesn't leave the licensing office with his valid licence and that same night goes to the bar, drinks to stupor and the next thing he is swerving along 3rd mainland bridge.

I think they should place more effort on public sensitization of road safety,instead of sort of putting the cart before the horse by making it unusually difficult and expensive to get a license...create consistently catchy TV commercials and campaigns that border on road safety / driving standards... Imagine coughing out 15k just to get a license.. or packing your new car athome for months and jumping from bus to bus because you're waiting for your license.

I think they can do better

1 Like

Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 02, 2014
The process involved in obtaining the license normally is arduously long. That's why many are patronizing the so-called touts.
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 10:24am On Dec 02, 2014
Onegai:

Meh, can't work here. First, you have to attend Driving classes (theoretical for 2 weeks), then do the written test (usually computer-based) and if you pass that, you can do your road-test. After all that, they only give you a Provisional Driving license (PDL), for a year, before you get your Driver's license (if you've managed not to get any traffic violations or tickets under your PDL). . .

In as much as I get where you're coming from regarding how some Nigerians(those at the receiving ends) would feel about the implementation of something like what you have up here. However, I still believe enforcing such law by taking certain measures, and covering loopholes would go a long way.

True, it is typical of a lot of Nigerians to want to jump procedures and cut corners. But if jumping procedures go wrong would result to the person trying to jump losing a lot. And cutting corners would go wrong 70% of the time, I think people will start having a rethink.

Meanwhile, don't you think, "Nigerians don't deserve good things" is too strong? Well, I'm a Nigerian, and we deserve good things.
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by dre11(m): 10:40am On Dec 02, 2014
All noise and no action

It's looks like they are looking for ways to get their Xmas bonus
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by miqos02(m): 11:19am On Dec 02, 2014
story
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by tellwisdom: 11:21am On Dec 02, 2014
Mumu VIO undecided
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 11:43am On Dec 02, 2014
kennygee:

They don't take bribes?

grin

Yeah right.
I can't say they don't take bribes because some people's experiences with them might be the other way around, lol. However, I'm certain that 80% of the time they won't collect bribe. Meanwhile, I've never seen them collecting bribes.
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 11:52am On Dec 02, 2014
1one:
I'm hoping to get a car soon, so after getting the car, would I now go through all these layers of stress just to get a licence

The truth is, knowing something and practicing it are two different things, after going through their screenings and driving classes and whatnot.. Does that really make anyone a better driver?.. Would the fact that I have a valid driver's license authenticated by all the safety organisations in Nigeria, make me slow down at a roundabout?... Would it make me slow down at the sight of a Zebra crossing?.. It wouldn't necessarily make me do so... My point is, good driving is more of a subjective concept.... Some people don't drive well because they are just naturally insensitive, callous and indifferent people... Or let's even consider those that drink and drive... What's to say a guy doesn't leave the licensing office with his valid licence and that same night goes to the bar, drinks to stupor and the next thing he is swerving along 3rd mainland bridge.

I think they should place more effort on public sensitization of road safety,instead of sort of putting the cart before the horse by making it unusually difficult and expensive to get a license...create consistently catchy TV commercials and campaigns that border on road safety / driving standards... Imagine coughing out 15k just to get a license.. or packing your new car athome for months and jumping from bus to bus because you're waiting for your license.

I think they can do better

You are very right about this. Sensitizing has a long way to go, just like you said, knowing something and practicing it are two different things. But that does not mean they should cancel the standard procedure of obtaining a license. I believe everything works together in ensuring safety of the people and competency of drivers. They should just find ways to fast things up, and make the standard procedures work as expected.
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by kandiikane(m): 12:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
kennygee:
Jail?

Thats what he is trying to create.
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by atomicbomb(m): 12:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
i been looking for this post since morning
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by vodacom: 12:22pm On Dec 02, 2014
bugzygee:
Na 2day wey wrapper no get pocket?#nonsense
Guy u funny non be small
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by 1one: 12:26pm On Dec 02, 2014
BOLAJIAJANI:

You are very right about this. Sensitizing has a long way to go, just like you said, knowing something and practicing it are two different things. But that does not mean they should cancel the standard procedure of obtaining a license. I believe everything works together in ensuring safety of the people and competency of drivers. They should just find ways to fast things up, and make the standard procedures work as expected

That's key.
Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by homu88: 12:40pm On Dec 02, 2014
I blame FRSC for making the correct process needed to get the driver's license cumbersome and unnecessarily difficult. I spent over 3 months going to FRSC office in Calabar demanding for my data to be captured after making the necessary payments. Took several excuses from work to travel to Calabar to check if my data capture could be done. All my attempts at doing the right thing was futile. A colleague laughed at me and paid double the amount and handed his details to someone and got his drivers license in one week.

The Nigerian system has made it difficult for people who want to do the right thing. And we call our leaders corrupt. VIO should sanitize the process before they start threatening toothless jail time.

1 Like

Re: Drive With Fake Licence, Go To Jail by seunlayi(m): 3:01pm On Dec 02, 2014
[size=18pt]If this is carried out, I can see 70% Nigeria drivers going honorably to jail grin grin[/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote To Commence Sale Of Fertilisers Monday / Is CBN Defending The Naira Or Dollar? / 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.