Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) (25398 Views)

18 Wheeler Truck Destroys A 4Runner In A Collision / The Future Of Cars - The C1 Gyro-balanced Two-wheeler / Is It Ok To Buy A Three Wheeler ('Keke Marwa')? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by baysure9001: 11:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
I ve witnessed something similar with the same passat of wine colour by smugglers loaded with rice, Won't believe if told, but my wife witnessed it too.. Was stunned, I suspect all dis african black power in action.
Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by Vikkie14: 11:07pm On Dec 02, 2014
Wtf!!! C u, av seen a cat swallowing an elephant before in Lasgidigrin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by honeymix77(m): 11:14pm On Dec 02, 2014
That's the car smugglers use its common along lagos/badagry express road and border towns. They don't care about the body, so people talking about brake lights and photoshop should forget it. When it comes to driving those people are crazy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by honeymix77(m): 11:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
That's the car smugglers use its common along lagos/badagry express road and border towns. They don't care about the body, so people talking about brake lights and photoshop should forget it. When it comes to driving those people are crazy, dem fit drive human being sef.
Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by redcliff: 11:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
now this is what we call wheel balancing

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by Clemzy16(m): 11:29pm On Dec 02, 2014
Hmmm....

End shall never wonder...
Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by Bibol(f): 11:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
I didn't know this was possible shocked
Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by adanny01(m): 11:33pm On Dec 02, 2014
Toks2008:
After reading through all these comments i can only laugh at the responses.

It is very possible and guys who are into border goods transport understand how to do it and it does not require all the stuffs you mentioned.

What does it require?
Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by femikay149(m): 12:07am On Dec 03, 2014
Bigsteveg:
I saw a similar car on lagos - ibadan express way (around mowe - arepo side), the car was moving with three wheels and on top speed. What a risk!

so u also saw d car i snapped d pix sef it is in myprevious msg on this thread

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by Baddestguyp(m): 12:17am On Dec 03, 2014
op, I doubt that car is moving, from the second pic u can see that black car by ur right is trying to change lanes for 3 possible reasons
1) ur lane moves faster
2) its scared of the 3 wheeler up front
3) the 3 wheeler is spoilt

I'll go with number 3
Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by shadrach77: 12:44am On Dec 03, 2014
i saw this too sometimes ago...about two weeks ago while driving my Range. grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by assana: 1:31am On Dec 03, 2014
undecided on oworoshoki rd i guess
Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by onyinyechoice: 1:52am On Dec 03, 2014
Can that actually move? I think its under repair.. shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by uzolexis(f): 2:29am On Dec 03, 2014
Come and see Nigerian wonder shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by allcomage: 3:56am On Dec 03, 2014
I saw it on the road and could not believe it is possible to run on 3 tires.the police parked him and entered and directed him to a corner.It was really dangerous.I was watching from a safe place but do you know what?after like 15 minutes the guy was back on the road.
Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by allcomage: 4:08am On Dec 03, 2014
allcomage:
I saw it on the road and could not believe it is possible to run on 3 tires.the police parked him and entered and directed him to a corner.It was really dangerous.I was watching from a safe place but do you know what?after like 15 minutes the guy was back on the road.

When I gave it thought,it is possible why?
It is a front wheel drive car,the weight of the engine and shafts are in the front.the traction is in the front.it was not carrying loads.But this can only happen in animal society of ours called Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by Wisegeek01(m): 4:10am On Dec 03, 2014
mindboggler:
Was on my way from work when i saw this sight. I just had to step on my brakes, which caused a little hold-up behind me, to take a picture of this three-wheeler, lol.

The Driver of the wagon be feeling like "James Bond" right now,

but if road safety catch dis one. .. What even gave him d confidence to drive this car on the road grin
Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by Wisegeek01(m): 4:12am On Dec 03, 2014
The Driver must be a nairalander !! cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by JoeCutie(m): 5:11am On Dec 03, 2014
It's the doing of the APC. They want to frustrate GEJ by telling us that there's no Road safety officials in Naija again. A beg mek this 2015 come & go mek we hear word already.
Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by Nobody: 5:42am On Dec 03, 2014
SEE MY SIGNATURE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!
Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by UjSizzle(f): 6:02am On Dec 03, 2014
Lmao! grin
Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by Ahmeduana(m): 6:08am On Dec 03, 2014
billy187:
If I were the guy behind him in traffic, i would have intentionally hit his rear left side....just to see what happens.

Yeah, i'm a horrible person. grin
BUT YOUR ACTION SOUND MORE OF A WOMAN! But all the same you are a funny person, come to think about it, if you should hit the car you will go free without any charges because what the driver is doing is not acceptable under law.
Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by Rockmyworld(m): 6:26am On Dec 03, 2014
adanny01:
Thinking for a while how the mechanic achieved that, i realised it is possible. These were the conditions i thought of;

1. Move as much weight as posible to the front
2. Lose as much weight as posible from the rear.
3. Increase as much as possible the rear ground clearance.

That means removing rear seats, most of the suspension parts of the affected wheel and spare tire/tools. Use a very high suspension coil spring for the other rear wheel as evident in the picture. The driver can add some weight on his foot well plus his weight should achieve that but without a passenger. Am sure it will be very unstable.

And also the car will definitely be a front axel. I mean the front two wheels is what moves the car forward and not the back ones.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by Kaydem(m): 6:48am On Dec 03, 2014
if u look carefully, every other car owners were marching their brakes(Break lights on) due to the congestion, but the three-wheel car is showing nothing on that regard(Except the brake light is faulty though). why is the black car coming from the rear keeping distance and also trying to swerve to left lane(They ought to be on the same lane). conclusively, this is car is motionless prolly waiting for a repair. #Albeit I may be wrong!
Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by babestella: 7:03am On Dec 03, 2014
Road safety corps will not see this one, even the police will not. They are always blind to such .
Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by valdes00(m): 7:36am On Dec 03, 2014
Lexusgs430:
If i was told, I would deny it. But seeing the pictures, makes me doubt how possible it is, and the passat not falling on its own weight. A short video would have been better, to actually see it move and confirm or disprove certain theories.
Also the car is in traffic, so what happens when the vehicle is not moving, it should tip on its weight !!!!
Person post pinshure, he no reach u.... U dey ask for video.... So dis pinshure no reach to mak u bliv... Even if he post video sef, u go say na nollywood film.... Haaaa hw person fit satisfy una
Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by wisehouse(m): 8:24am On Dec 03, 2014
U no need a prophet to tell say name Photoshop work, u try shaa. U 4get to put brake light.
Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by realK: 8:37am On Dec 03, 2014
mindboggler:
Was on my way from work when i saw this sight. I just had to step on my brakes, which caused a little hold-up behind me, to take a picture of this three-wheeler, lol.

Seriously! Sure you understand little laws of nature; try standing on your four limbs and raise one up (it does not matter which one, hand or leg), try to balance first for 30 mins (same posture as the car) before you attempt the impossible walk on 3 limbs.

This one surely failed the mythbuster test.
Re: Nigeria's First Three-wheeler (pics) by Blayze007(m): 8:43am On Dec 03, 2014
ChynoBEATS:
it's 100% possible..... As-far as it's in Motion n as far as there's notting occupying the affected edge it'll Move.... :\ .... It's No jazz

Wow...we learn everyday...atleast now i know I can still drive when 1 tyre is flat & im too broke to fix it...all i have to do is take it off.. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria / Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class / Old E-Class Turned Into Rolls-Royce: The Real Story (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.