Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,335 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ (38195 Views)

Dele Momodu Likens GEJ Fate Afta March To Lautent Gbagbo Of Ivory Coast Case / Presidency Reacts To Soyinka's 'Nebuchadnezzar' Tag On Jonathan / Soyinka Condemns Jonathan’s ‘impunity’, Likens President To ‘nebuchadnezzar’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Lucasbalo(m): 8:17pm On Dec 02, 2014
slightlyMad:
some are born into a system that made it difficult for them to understand how democratic governance works.

it is just like on your street, you appoint a CDA chairman and all the chairman does is mobilize the youths in the area to deal with you
while paying the youth from the money each house contributed for development

not only that, the CDA chairman lives on your money, sends his kids to the best school, and travels abroad for medical checkups off all your money
and when the money is getting low, he says every house must pay more even if it means you have to withdraw your child from school (austerity)
meanwhile, he is not ready to reduce his own spending.

that is how Nigeria currently runs.
I can correctly predict without being a TBJ that the end of GEJ's reign of squander and terror will end soon
with him paying either the ultimate price or getting a lengthy jail term
What you just describe is Stockholm Syndrome where people idolize their oppressors . Most of this brainstems yearning for GEJ to win are the poorest souls in the country. They are supportive of him because of his ethnicity. This are the same guys living on less than $5 a day and worshipping the same looters who have bastardized their lives. The future of Nigeria is very grave with the present leadership and the youths. God help Nigeria and Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 02, 2014
tecmon:
biko nu, can some one tell this old thing that in as much as we honor his story telling skills, ( which is about all he has to offer) we are not unaware of his inhuman and corrupt nature.
This dude created the secret cult system destroying Nigerian youths today and reducing our tertiary institutions to glorified secondary schools. till date his National Association of Seadogs aka Pirates Confraternity is still involved in political thuggery, violence of all shades and sizes in and out of the campuses. some of our governors are his cult boys, yet he has mouth to call GEJ a tyrant without substantiated evidence.
This old thing cant even live with a woman, a family disaster, no wonder he is praying the same evil for GEJ.
THis dude is an acclaimed pagan, so why is he referencing the Holy Bible , pls prof the Bible is Holy and not a tool you can pick up any day you like use upside down when you like and abandon when you see your rottenness exposed by it. His statement shows he knows nothing in the Bible, else he will know that he is the one to likened to Nebuchadnezzar given his idol worship and his terrorism in the tertiary institutions. oga pls stop blaspheming the Bible

You are a stewpid thing. How dare you call Kongi 'this old thing'?

And who told you that cultism(as we have it today) was caused by the Prof.

Go and educate yourself about the Pyrates Confraternity and its objectives and compare it to the cults of today. The Pyrates Confraternity was not even a secret cult. It was founded for promising students (and not for thugs) on the campus of UI.

2 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by hansad: 8:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
Kongi/Wole Soyinka ought to know: 1, Nigeria Police got adequately informed that Tambuwal and his APC lawmakers had before jumping the fence authored a sinister and illegitimate process to impeach elected President Jonathan. 2, that Tambuwal and his APC goons had to be disallowed entry to the Parliament by police, because if they were allowed in and they started their sinister impeachment process, blood would have flowed and anarcy would descend upon Nigeria. 3, the Tambuwal/Buhari clan's unwritten agreement to hand over power to a SW Vice Presidential candidate after old Buhari has served a short stint is a mere trick to get the Soyinka clan help to hand over Nigeria to the Buhari clan, for the clan to retain apex political office for the next donkey years, because after Buhari's anticipated short term, the Buhari clan must insist and get eight years in office irrespective of what the constitutioon stipulates; and there is nothing the Soyinkas can do about it. After that, occupying Aso Rock shall be for the fittest. Prof Ango Abdullahi from Buhari clan said a shartwhile ago that his clan has the capacity to retain Nigeria's presidency for as long as the clan wants. The Buhari clan had led Nigeria for about 40 of Nigeria's 54 years of independence, rearranged the political structure and governing system of Nigeria and now use their consequent over-representation in the NASS to resist needed return to regional authonomy/true federalism, as well as bully rest of Nigeria. Buhari insisted that Boko is fighting a just cause.. Boko is ighting for sharia extreme laws which 12 northern states, including Buhari' Katsina state also dopted. No condemnation of adoption of sharia laws that cut hands of petty thieves and stoning death of women for adultery by the Buharis. 4, If Nigeria out of fear of insecurity concedes the country via elections to Buhari clan, the fiercer Jihad that must follow and the counter Jihad must make the present Boko Harm violence a child's play.

2 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Habeyy(m): 8:21pm On Dec 02, 2014
ilugunboy:

Just compare him with Abacha and he will undertand.... grin
undertand indeed....see gobe,come see leaders of tomorrow ..
...here they are,can't write decent English and they feel our president is clueless....only the God can define your intellectual ability

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Lucasbalo(m): 8:22pm On Dec 02, 2014
kayciano:

NOW after all these things...
He can't still BURY HIMSELF..
He can't FLY without airplanes..
He still relies on GEJ to pay him monthly salary.
He may not even make a good leader(since he now has MOUTH DIARRHEA).
He can't attach PRESIDENT to his name.
He can't touch the walls of ASO ROCK.
He can't call for FEC meeting.
He can't do anything without GEJ's approval..
He can't even stage a coup.
He can't visit OPEC.
He can't address d AU.
He can't enter AIRFORCE ONE.
He can't even organise NASU meetings not to talk of ASUU..
He can't lead national prayers, without GEJ's approval
His memory can be wiped out with d emergence of our smart graduates..
He can't even cough b4 GEJ...but GEJ can fart b4 him..
With all these , he can't differentiate a hippopotamus from a rhinoceros..
SO, WHO IS HE....?
I THINK HE IS JUST A COCKROACH in a cellophane bag..
With your denigration of the Nobel winning Prof., I hope it makes your life better. I don't know your state in life, I will be surprised if you can hold Prof. Soyinka jockstrap . Find a way to look for your path in life. Soyinka is well known positively worldwide while you are not even recognized in your own little hamlet.

3 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 02, 2014
kayciano:
PLEASE..
AS A NOBEL LAUREATE..
Is there anything barring the PROF. from visiting maiduguri, damaturu, potiskum , or even sambisa...?
Perhaps, i decide to vote for APC ,it will be between NDA'A ISAIAH or ROCHAS..
Because they indulge in MATURED POLITICS..
DEY have never never berated GEJ, destructively
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
Habeyy:
undertand indeed....see gobe,come see leaders of tomorrow ..
...here they are,can't write decent English and they feel our president is clueless....only the God can define your intellectual ability

Stop acting silly!

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 02, 2014
The PROF. brought all these INSULTS upon himself..,considering his status in the ACADEMIC ECHELON ..he should speak constructively..
Please what stops the PROF. from visiting,GEJ. Soliciting help.
He can even visit,SAMBISA ...since,he is immuned to Explosives(being a cultist).

2 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Hoii(m): 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
ToyozzieTohBad:
DOES THAT MEANS HE IS GOING TO CHOP GRASS VERY SOON
lol, una no go kill person for dis NL
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Caseless: 8:29pm On Dec 02, 2014
eleko1:
Wetin that confusionist,saTANist wan do? sad
you know he's very corrupt ; he can do anything- including sendig his boko haram boys after us.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Habeyy(m): 8:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
2cato:
Wole soyinka has been attacking gej is when gej failed to give any of his numerous children ministarial post. Mad Old Proffesor. Besides i thaught they say gej is a wickling and clueless.
don't mind them....so called elders and their politics of bitterness ....
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Lucasbalo(m): 8:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
gly2ken:
I believe this is not the best way to refer to our president. Even in the darkest hours of military dictorship in Nigeria nobody referred to the leadership of the country then as king nebu. Calling the president names will not change things, rather it will belittle Nigeria in the polity of nations. Our problem can only be solved by us. God bless Nigeria
Where was it written that the President is beyond reproach?. The highest form of patriotism is to criticize your government . You have to be here to see the kind of names people call Obama . Nothing wrong in critisising a leadership that is turning the country upside down. The only thing the leadership is good for is monumental corruption and unimaginable mismanagement . Turning what is suppose to be a beautiful country with her all God given wealth to a perpetual third world where poverty is widespread and terrorism is the order of the day. I pray for massive revolution to cleanse the land of this maggots .

3 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by felifeli: 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2014
Blackfire:
before;jona was a weakling. now;he is nebu. in 2015,he is going to be what?
SATAN grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Habeyy(m): 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2014
2cato:
Wole soyinka has been attacking gej is when gej failed to give any of his numerous children ministarial post. Mad Old Proffesor. Besides i thaught they say gej is a wickling and clueless.
don't mind them....so called elders and their politics of bitterness ...
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by DonaldGenes(m): 8:38pm On Dec 02, 2014
holatin:
Nice comparison.
This wole of a guy too get sense

I dash you my "LIKE"
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Hamintab: 8:38pm On Dec 02, 2014
ToyozzieTohBad:

By the Grace of God who won't leave us at his mercy ever again come 2015.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by dking123: 8:40pm On Dec 02, 2014
jan.ja.weeds are jubilating now. their oga has spoken.

yeye de smel.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Habeyy(m): 8:41pm On Dec 02, 2014
ilugunboy:

Stop acting silly!
what's he saying.... angry
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by eleko1: 8:42pm On Dec 02, 2014
sadShey U and Mama Peace nah mate abi/ U schooled in Pakistan?U are as pathetic as the confusionist U type.
2cato:
sadsad
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by holatin(m): 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2014
DonaldGenes:

I dash you my "LIKE"
and I grab am like monkey to banana
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by emmatok(m): 8:48pm On Dec 02, 2014
chidinwachukwu:
When the Saint Olusegun Obasanjo,gave a direct Order to wipe out a whole village,Old,young,and mothers inclusive(Udi and Zakibian),this Loud Mouthed Tribalistic Old School Professor did not even whisper,not to talk of qualifying Obasanjo as Such .Or the Speaker that is suppose to be making a law,but instead is breaking same.My people says in an adage'' that a man who harvested an Ant infected Firewood should kno that the Lizard will pay him a visit''.Rubbish.

You were actually in the cave when Soyinka was fighting Abacha, ObJ and Turai.
ironically if the same Soyinka comes out to campaign for GEJ tomorrow, you will be worshiping him.

3 Likes

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by hansad: 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Jonathan may have given you freedom, Soyinka got his from the Constitution.
Every Nigerian must have freedom. If you do not like that, join your kingdom to Kanem-Borno and the kingdom of descendants of Othman Dan Fodio for a new country where freedom is being restricted and poverty propagated by religious beliefs. Off your eyes from the SS, SE and parts of the Middlebelt kingdoms. A fool at 40 is a fool for ever. How come your masters that restrict freedom shall continue to fool you till thy kingdom come?

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by InglishTeechar(m): 8:51pm On Dec 02, 2014
2cato:

All soyinka (yes he lost my respect so i call him by name and not d prof or mr attached to his name) can do is run his mouth, his has been doing this for all the regime i know...from IBB to GED yet this old fool can not come out to contest for an election. Its easy to sit down at home and critisize...abeg make una ask soyinka sey na wetin him done do for nigeria sef. Busy body. U think sey to rule a complex country like nigeria na moi moi.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by eleko1: 8:51pm On Dec 02, 2014
U mean Nairalanders TANist/Okupe of dis world?We can handle those one.
Caseless:
you know he's very corrupt ; he can do anything- including sendig his boko haram boys after us.

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by eleko1: 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2014
arsetalks:
Let's do this. Shall we?

Who is Wole Soyinka?

His full names are : Akinwande Oluwole Soyinka

His honours :

1973: Honorary PhD, University of Leeds
1973–74: Overseas Fellow, Churchill College, Cambridge
1983: Elected an Honorary Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature[38]
1983: Anisfield-Wolf Book Award, United States.
1986: Nobel Prize for Literature
1986: Agip Prize for Literature
1986: Commander of the Federal Republic, CFR.
1990: Benson Medal from Royal Society of Literature
1993: Honorary doctorate, Harvard University
2002: Honorary fellowship, SOAS[39]
2005: Honorary doctorate degree, Princeton University.[40]
2005: Conferred with the chieftaincy title of the Akinlatun of Egbaland by the Oba Alake of the Egba clan of Yorubaland. He was made a tribal aristocrat with the right to use the Yoruba title Oloye.[41]
2009: Academy of Achievement Golden Plate Award
2013, Anisfield-Wolf Book Award, Lifetime Achievement, United States.[42]

Now tell me who is GEJ?GEJ ~Goatluck Ebora jonaTANist. Kindergarten President,PHD in confusionist University retarded
sad
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Kingspin(m): 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2014
ToyozzieTohBad:
This children?
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by docadams: 9:00pm On Dec 02, 2014
[quote author=OrlandoOwoh post=28534916]
Jonathan may have given you freedom, Soyinka got his from the Constitution.[/q ]
Bulls eye!
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Kingspin(m): 9:00pm On Dec 02, 2014
He is just a professor talking....
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by OLADD: 9:01pm On Dec 02, 2014
[/color][color=#990000]
Aigbofa:

His name is Wole Soyinka, not Archangel Michael. I'm sure you will like to see him in a cape like the superman flying to all the trouble spots in Nigeria. But, he is only a man. He is doing what he can, what have you done? What is Jonathan doing? What are the people you elected to lead you doing?
[color=#006600]

You are just a replica of your mentor Prof Wole Soyinka both in words and character. Always exhibiting trait of prejudice. Everybody knows that it takes two to tango. We equally know that actions and reactions are equall and opposite. Why does the Prof inklined to looking at one side of a story and closing his eyes to others? If those allegations he made against the president are true( but I doubt they are), did the opposition behave in any irrational and silly manner to warrant the actions? The question is left for you and the "born to criticise" saintly Nobel Laurett to sincerely answer.

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Ebukaokeke5: 9:03pm On Dec 02, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
U can b sure he wud bro,4 d fate of president Yaradua wud b his 2 dis day onwards.
Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by Mogidi: 9:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
Lucasbalo:
What you just describe is Stockholm Syndrome where people idolize their oppressors . Most of this brainstems yearning for GEJ to win are the poorest souls in the country. They are supportive of him because of his ethnicity. This are the same guys living on less than $5 a day and worshipping the same looters who have bastardized their lives. The future of Nigeria is very grave with the present leadership and the youths. God help Nigeria and Nigerians.

And the horde of Talakawas clamouring for Buhari are multi millionaires, flawless logic.

1 Like

Re: Professor Wole Soyinka Likens President Jonathan To ‘Nebuchadnezzar’ by eleko1: 9:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
grin gringrin grin
goldman777:
Gej is running nigeria like a zoo dats y dey ur some wild animals in nairaland ready to defend their zoo keeper prof wole soyinka spoke the poetic truth ;

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Governor Umahi: South East Governors Will Approve May 30 As Biafra Day / Photo Of The Day: Young President Goodluck Jonathan / Adewale Aladejana Of Sapphire Scents: Obasanjo Reacted As I Mentioned My Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.