Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

GEJ........I Will Not Contest In 2015 EVIDENCE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ........I Will Not Contest In 2015 EVIDENCE (1293 Views)

I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan / I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) / Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ........I Will Not Contest In 2015 EVIDENCE by Gabrielsylar(m): 8:03pm On Dec 02, 2014
FOR LONG WE HAVE HEARD THIS RUMOURS

NOW THE TRUTH IS OUT

GEJ SAID IN ETHIPIO

I WILL ONLY SERVE ONE TENURE

WATCH!!!!! and JUDGE

CAN EBELE BE TRUSTED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PzukrOXar58

Re: GEJ........I Will Not Contest In 2015 EVIDENCE by Firefire(m): 8:12pm On Dec 02, 2014
help me greet that link when you open it cheesy
Re: GEJ........I Will Not Contest In 2015 EVIDENCE by temitemi1(m): 8:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
What's big deal if he changes his mind. GEJ till 2019!!!

1 Like

Re: GEJ........I Will Not Contest In 2015 EVIDENCE by Gabrielsylar(m): 8:21pm On Dec 02, 2014
temitemi1:
U CANT CHANGE YOUR WORDS....

a man of integrity must maintin his words
Re: GEJ........I Will Not Contest In 2015 EVIDENCE by madamoringo(f): 8:23pm On Dec 02, 2014
temitemi1:

I am sure that name you are using as a moniker is a SCAM from the usual street urchins! No wonder after 40+ years the second bridge to nowhere is not built because some phoolish people think it is okay for their leaders to say something and never be held to it!
Re: GEJ........I Will Not Contest In 2015 EVIDENCE by rattlesnake(m): 8:29pm On Dec 02, 2014
hmmmmmm
Re: GEJ........I Will Not Contest In 2015 EVIDENCE by Mogidi: 8:34pm On Dec 02, 2014
Did Buhari not say the 2011 election would be his last?

How come you Northerners can change your mind and the rest of us can't?

1 Like

Re: GEJ........I Will Not Contest In 2015 EVIDENCE by ITbomb(m): 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2014
Gabrielsylar:

Buhari said in 2011 that he is not contesting elections again as that will be his last.
If he is contesting then GEJ is also contesting
Re: GEJ........I Will Not Contest In 2015 EVIDENCE by tomakint: 8:59pm On Dec 02, 2014
Gabrielsylar:
NOW THE TRUTH IS OUT
GEJ SAID IN ETHIPIO
WATCH!!!!! and JUDGE
CAN EBELE BE TRUSTED
This same Ebele is coasting home to victory at the polls come February 2015 and you are here disturbing the peace with one yeye link wey don expire undecided where were you when Obj promised Atiku that he would only go for 1 term undecided
Re: GEJ........I Will Not Contest In 2015 EVIDENCE by nuelsylves(m): 9:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
Gabrielsylar:

eeh! That means Buhari is not a man of integrity too...., because I still remember that he said he won't be contesting again after 2011 election.
Re: GEJ........I Will Not Contest In 2015 EVIDENCE by Rapaltar(m): 9:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
The fulani normad.....watz his name again

Errrr....Buhari?? Yea...Yea...buhari...

The mofo said the last presidential election held would be last he did be contesting for....
Re: GEJ........I Will Not Contest In 2015 EVIDENCE by LogicPower(m): 9:19pm On Dec 02, 2014
Gabrielsylar:

NOW THE TRUTH IS OUT

GEJ SAID IN ETHIPIO

WATCH!!!!! and JUDGE

CAN EBELE BE TRUSTED

My take on this is as follows:

1. GEJ has the constitutional right to seek re-election; even if he had earlier signed an undertaking/agreement to the effect that he would not do so, nothing prevents him from changing his mind.

2. Considering the fact that Shagari and OBJ (a Hausa-Fulani and a Yoruba respectively) each got a chance from his party to seek re-election, the people of Niger Delta would justifiably feel 'cheated' if the first ever president from their oil-producing region were to be denied the same chance of seeking re-election.

3. But if Jonathan did enter into a sort of an internal agreement with his fellow PDP members, and it was on the basis of that agreement that OBJ and the PDP state governors unanimously supported him in 2011, then he is under moral obligation to respect that agreement.

4. Thus by choosing to exercise his constitutional right to re-contest in the 2015 election, JEG has abandoned his moral responsibility of respecting an agreement that he willingly signed with his PDP members. And in that case, OBJ and the state governors have every right to feel offended and betrayed by GEJ, as they staked their credibility to get the agreement signed in the first place.

5. Now that GEJ has declared for the 2014 elections, the debate has moved beyond whether he should contest or not, and whether he has breached a promise to serve for only one term or not; the debate now is whether he deserves to be elected for the second term or not, based on his competence and performance in the first term.

6. And in my honest assessment of his performance, he does NOT deserve the second term. He may be a good, decent and humble person but he clearly lacks the kind of leadership drive, passion and vision that the country needs at the moment.

7. My main problem with GEJ, apart from his cluelessness, is that he seems ready and willing to tolerate and embrace even the most corrupt and the most evil among the politicians from each state, if he perceives they can help him towards achieving his 2015 ambition of getting re-elected. So he may be pleasantly meek and humble, but ruthlessly self-centred as well!.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ........I Will Not Contest In 2015 EVIDENCE by rattlesnake(m): 9:22pm On Dec 02, 2014
LogicPower:

My take on this is as follows:

1. GEJ has the constitutional right to seek re-election; even if he had earlier signed an undertaking/agreement to the effect that he would not do so, nothing prevents him from changing his mind.

2. Considering the fact that Shagari and OBJ (a Hausa-Fulani and a Yoruba respectively) each got a chance from his party to seek re-election, the people of Niger Delta would justifiably feel 'cheated' if the first ever president from their oil-producing region were to be denied the same chance of seeking re-election.

3. But if Jonathan did enter into a sort of an internal agreement with his fellow PDP members, and it was on the basis of that agreement that OBJ and the PDP state governors unanimously supported him in 2014, then he is under moral obligation to respect that agreement.

4. Thus by choosing to exercise his constitutional right to re-contest in the 2015 election, JEG has abandoned his moral responsibility of respecting an agreement that he willingly signed with his PDP members. And in that case, OBJ and the state governors have every right to feel offended and betrayed by GEJ, as they staked their credibility to get the agreement signed in the first place.

5. Now that GEJ has declared for the 2014 elections, the debate has moved beyond whether he should contest or not, and whether he has breached a promise to serve for only one term or not; the debate now is whether he deserves to be elected for the second term or not, based on his competence and performance in the first term.

6. And in my honest assessment of his performance, he does NOT deserve the second term. He may be a good, decent and humble person but he clearly lacks the kind of leadership drive, passion and vision that the country needs at the moment.

7. My main problem with GEJ, apart from his cluelessness, is that he seems ready and willing to tolerate and embrace even the most corrupt and the most evil among the politicians from each state, if he perceives they can help him towards achieving his 2015 ambition of getting re-elected. So he maybe pleasantly meek and humble, but ruthlessly self-centred as well!.
chaiiiiiiii
Re: GEJ........I Will Not Contest In 2015 EVIDENCE by nuclearboy(m): 10:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
rattlesnake:
chaiiiiiiii

Bro, the dude's post was really brilliant. Succint, dispassionate, factual and well delivered

1 Like

Re: GEJ........I Will Not Contest In 2015 EVIDENCE by ITbomb(m): 8:12am On Dec 03, 2014
nuclearboy:

Bro, the dude's post was really brilliant. Succint, dispassionate, factual and well delivered
Yeah, you are right but it still doesn't stop GEJ from contesting and winning the 2015 elections

(1) (Reply)

Sad! Another Army Lt Lost To Boko Haram / Buhari Presents His Running Mate, Yemi Osinbajo [PICS] / Ex Militants Protest Non-payment Of Dues PHOTOS: Unresteiveness about to begins.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.