Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,606 members, 7,851,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:01 PM

Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira (15033 Views)

Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons / Nigeria Customs Service Appoints 6 New Deputy Comptroller- Generals, 6 New Acgs / The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by Chaleeee: 7:42am On Dec 03, 2014
How did they destroy it? By frying it? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by donlyone(m): 7:43am On Dec 03, 2014
Currupt Nigeria 'FORMING RIGHTEOUSNESS' why was this confiscated turkey not taken to the North and shared among those people who have become REFUGEES in their own land.

Come to think of it, I have not heard of any relief programme for those affected by the war in the north.

1 Like

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by sarutobie(m): 7:44am On Dec 03, 2014
Toks2008:

Can you please make reference to one death case recorded in Nigeria as a result of eating frozen turkey or chicken?

Its like the government want Nigerians to start eating turkey in their dream since its out of reach for most Nigerians due to the cost.

As old as i am i have only bought life turkey once and i can imagine how many people would be able to cough out 15/25k to buy just one life turkey even if i believe frozen chicken shoud be avoided since we can get cheap ones for 1k but for turkey i dont support the ban.

These countries exporting it here are not evil hence will never export any contaminated product but when you hear of spoilt ones been brought in what really happens is that customs must have seized them and maybe released them days after and because these traders will want to recoup their money will still bring them in.

www.nbcsvg.com/2014/11/28/temporary-ban-placed-poultry-products-import-uk/#.VFq6AMXgHa8

www.caribbean360.com/news/st-lucia-places-temporary-ban-on-all-uk-poultry-imports

m.thehindu.com/business/Economy/import-ban-on-milk-items-from-china-extended-till-june-2015/article6145019.ece/

www.hurriyet.com.tr/english/world/10001226.asp?noMobile=true

China is battling to lift the ban on their dairy products after it was found that batches of their exported products were contaminated...I can go on and on with links and references of banned livestock products..these are governments that take no chances in the safety of their people. But when it is replicated here, the reverse is the case. what a country!

1 Like

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by holatin(m): 7:45am On Dec 03, 2014
where was it destroyed ?
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by shizzleStar: 7:47am On Dec 03, 2014
Useless customs officials...the most corrupt government agency in Nigeria...nonsense thieves and liars angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by rezzy: 7:49am On Dec 03, 2014
Turkey wen don cost before, una con destroy a whole 30m worth. Na e bi say this xmas person no go fit buy turkey for market. Turkey go turn kingsway
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by bigtt76(f): 7:53am On Dec 03, 2014
How did they destroy de turkey? Burning? grin this means that they probably added suya seasoning to make correct turkey suya hehehe

.... Nigeria Customs Service...... oppressing Nigerians since 1895

2 Likes

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by AJ01(m): 7:59am On Dec 03, 2014
SeverusSnape:
I hate this rubbish....there are people who needs this meat for the festive period, why not share it out to them...and believe you me,most customs officials take these "loots" home to their families.
r we even sure they we're destroyed
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by bulletproofmonk(m): 8:27am On Dec 03, 2014
SeverusSnape:
I hate this rubbish....there are people who needs this meat for the festive period, why not share it out to them...and believe you me,most customs officials take these "loots" home to their families.

And if the turkey is substandard? Have you considered the health hazard?
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by phransix147(m): 8:35am On Dec 03, 2014
Isaactop9:
can't they give it to the less privilleged rather than burning it.

U just spoke my mind...
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by phransix147(m): 8:44am On Dec 03, 2014
bulletproofmonk:

And if the turkey is substandard? Have you considered the health hazard?

Did they quote sub-standard as the reason 4 destruction? Their reason is always thrash to encourage Obasanjo and Abdulsalam's farm and boost local economy declaring frozen foods as contraband... Useless ppl should have shared it to the less privileged it as good as destruction... They choose to burn it so it would appear they are working. Bunch of thieves!
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by repogirl(f): 8:47am On Dec 03, 2014
Fooooolish people, they should just say they want to eat free turkey this season!
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by agedmanng: 9:06am On Dec 03, 2014
xedyl:
Them for depot the turkey back to Turkey naw!

ROTFL. I can't pretend not to see your hilarious comment. Are you from Turkey?
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by gideonedwards(m): 9:17am On Dec 03, 2014
smh . . . n my dog Neva see bone chop finish. bites finger!!!
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by ceo003: 9:24am On Dec 03, 2014
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by cold(m): 9:44am On Dec 03, 2014
The law is unambiguously clear on this one. DO NOT IMPORT FROZEN TURKEYS/CHICKENS! It couldn't be any clearer. I have no sympathy for folks who seek to endanger the lives of others for their own selfish gains
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by twerkjack: 9:46am On Dec 03, 2014
SeverusSnape:
why is dat some nigerians are too freakin dumb and ask silly questions. They pointed out that chemicals contained in the food are harmful to u yet ur still here askin rubbish questions. Dya think they were that stupid or actin out of sheer wickedness to destroy goods worth 30 million if it was safe to be consumed? Reason abeg!

1 Like

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by Descartes: 10:02am On Dec 03, 2014
Hmmm....this is unbelievable shocked
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by cupidhero(m): 10:11am On Dec 03, 2014
When will our government officials get sense? imagine burning 30 million worth of turkey when an average citizen eats it once in a week. They only made a delicious environmental pollution instead of putting the turkey to good use.

1 Like

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by SeverusSnape(m): 10:23am On Dec 03, 2014
twerkjack:
why is dat some nigerians are too freakin dumb and ask silly questions. They pointed out that chemicals contained in the food are harmful to u yet ur still here askin rubbish questions. Dya think they were that stupid or actin out of sheer wickedness to destroy goods worth 30 million if it was safe to be consumed? Reason abeg!
See this new Nairalander wanting to show her self by ranting... must you insult to make your point?...Please act civil next time. Thanks

And those turkeys are not harmful, what about the canned fishes we consume?...are they not also preserved with chemicals, Drinks etc.

2 Likes

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by Toks2008(m): 10:27am On Dec 03, 2014
sarutobie:

www.nbcsvg.com/2014/11/28/temporary-ban-placed-poultry-products-import-uk/#.VFq6AMXgHa8

www.caribbean360.com/news/st-lucia-places-temporary-ban-on-all-uk-poultry-imports

m.thehindu.com/business/Economy/import-ban-on-milk-items-from-china-extended-till-june-2015/article6145019.ece/

www.hurriyet.com.tr/english/world/10001226.asp?noMobile=true

China is battling to lift the ban on their dairy products after it was found that batches of their exported products were contaminated...I can go on and on with links and references of banned livestock products..these are governments that take no chances in the safety of their people. But when it is replicated here, the reverse is the case. what a country!

I repeat:Can you please make reference to one death case recorded in Nigeria as a result of eating frozen turkey or chicken?

1 Like

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by Rapture4real(m): 10:31am On Dec 03, 2014
Donovan:
grin

I can't but laugh. So every problem, the government must be blamed.
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by sarutobie(m): 10:36am On Dec 03, 2014
Toks2008:

I repeat:Can you please make reference to one death case recorded in Nigeria as a result of eating frozen turkey or chicken?
the white man gave you lots the internet and news media, but instead of getting knowledge via it, you chose ignorance. .do you know how many people are diagnosed of cancer worldwide? just 6 minutes ago on Aljazeera, a news was been televised about China's loss of safe arable lands.They said that about 20% of china's land has been contaminated! Infact most of the commercial rice sold in Chinese markets were shown to have chromium level above the acceptable threshold...a 2 years old kid was shown to have high amount of lead in her blood..and guess what? we import food materials from china! now do you see how ridiculous you lots sound on this forum?
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by sarutobie(m): 10:51am On Dec 03, 2014
in the previous milk scandal, at least six babies died and about 300,000 people got sick..get knowledge and shun ignorance

news.yahoo.com/rice-contamination-reported-china-130203570.html

m.greenpeace.org/eastasia/high/publications/reports/toxics/2014/cadmium-rice-heavy-metal/

mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/sinosphere/2014/04/25/after-cadmium-rice-now-lead-and-arsenic-rice/

about 12million tons! of rice contaminated! and guess the likely dumping grounds for those contaminated tons of rice? Africa

science.time.com/2011/02/23/heavy-metal-millions-of-tons-of-chinese-rice-contaminated/
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by sarutobie(m): 10:52am On Dec 03, 2014
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 03, 2014
omenka:
My major problem with this "destruction" policy is the sheer wastage it represents. I mean, wouldn't it be better if they confiscated such products and distribute them to the various prisons across the country where we have starving inmates??

I don't think that's advisable because, according to the authorities, these goods are dangerous to human health. Prisoners have some rights. They can sue if any harm comes to them as a result of the food given to them.

I think people should simply invest in what's legal. 30million naira is a lot of money.
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by Besto(m): 11:34am On Dec 03, 2014
Wisegeek01:
I'm pretty sure the'd take some home"

lipsrsealed

they took all home. .

anytime I go my custom friend huz..I always return bak wit 2carton of assorted turkey...foc
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by ceo003: 12:03pm On Dec 03, 2014
Chaleeee:
How did they destroy it? By frying it? cheesy

grin

1 Like

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
pDude:
You Nigerians should be happy about this news. You have no idea of how or where these poultry products come from or are packaged, or how long they have been kept for. All some of you know is to chop turkey.

Why do you think that there is a sudden upsurge in organ failure among Nigerians? Like hunters say: it is not every meat that the trap catches that is meat.
Exactly, the chemicals used to preserve some of these meat can be harmful to the health.
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 03, 2014
Well to be fair the law was quite clear on the importation of frozen Turkey.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gunmen Kindap Idris Mohammed, Niger State Commissioner For Information / Imo Police Rescue Man And His Friend Abducted By Unknown Gunmen (Video) / I’ll Lead Nigeria Out Of Darkness’ — Atiku Speaks On Plans For Power Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.