Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,839 members, 7,838,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira (15028 Views)

Buhari Orders Nigeria Customs To Distribute Seized Items To Displaced Persons / Nigeria Customs Service Appoints 6 New Deputy Comptroller- Generals, 6 New Acgs / The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by Kutunban: 12:29pm On Dec 03, 2014
My opinion as an animal scientists, all illegal agricultural produce confiscated should be processed into feeds like the frozen turkey. It should had been converted to meat meal as an ingredient for broilers, pullets, and all sorts of farm animal because it has high crude protein, so that we can boost our livestock sector than just destroying it. We need to be proactive in this country oh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by DaBullIT(m): 12:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
twerkjack:
why is dat some nigerians are too freakin dumb and ask silly questions. They pointed out that chemicals contained in the food are harmful to u yet ur still here askin rubbish questions. Dya think they were that stupid or actin out of sheer wickedness to destroy goods worth 30 million if it was safe to be consumed? Reason abeg!

Baby. You fine pass make you dey write wetin dem go use insult you nah. Nigeria never record say person die after them chop Turkey , abeg correct your post. No be everybody get 200Million allowance for cow wey dem dey chop for Jonathan house , people never resume to dey chop bushmeat. So na turkey biko
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by DaBullIT(m): 12:39pm On Dec 03, 2014
Kutunban:
My opinion as an animal scientists, all illegal agricultural produce confiscated should be processed into feeds like the frozen turkey. It should had been converted to meat meal as an ingredient for broilers, pullets, and all sorts of farm animal because it has high crude protein, so that we can boost our livestock sector than just destroying it. We need to be proactive in this country oh.

You are making sense that's another judicious recycling without wasting. 100 likes for you and one kiss. Muaah

1 Like

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by DaBullIT(m): 12:40pm On Dec 03, 2014
SeverusSnape:

See this new Nairalander wanting to show her self by ranting... must you insult to make your point?...Please act civil next time. Thanks

And those turkeys are not harmful, what about the canned fishes we consume?...are they not also preserved with chemicals, Drinks etc.

Forgive her for she knows not how angry her comment has made people. I didn't even think about canned fish, milk, and other canned products. I like your brain you go fit borrow me ? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by DaBullIT(m): 12:42pm On Dec 03, 2014
Toks2008:

I repeat:Can you please make reference to one death case recorded in Nigeria as a result of eating frozen turkey or chicken?

No mind am. Turkey no dey kill Nigerians , na Scam. #stopNgcustomsscam
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by ThundrCork(m): 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
omenka:
My major problem with this "destruction" policy is the sheer wastage it represents. I mean, wouldn't it be better if they confiscated such products and distribute them to the various prisons across the country where we have starving inmates??
Some of the officials of the NESREA, who witnessed the destruction, advised the general public to stop consuming foreign frozen foods because the preservation chemicals were dangerous to human health.
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by ceo003: 12:45pm On Dec 03, 2014
Besto:

they took all home. .

anytime I go my custom friend huz..I always return bak wit 2carton of assorted turkey...foc
grin

1 Like

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by SeverusSnape(m): 1:04pm On Dec 03, 2014
DaBullIT:

Forgive her for she knows not how angry her comment has made people. I didn't even think about canned fish, milk, and other canned products. I like your brain you go fit borrow me ? grin
Heheheheheheheheh... I've forgiven her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by sorepco(m): 1:14pm On Dec 03, 2014
what are you saying? did you not read where the customs officer said that certain dangerous chemicals were added on the meat to preserve it? these chemicals can cause cancer.[color=#990000][/color]

SeverusSnape:
I hate this rubbish....there are people who needs this meat for the festive period, why not share it out to them...and believe you me,most customs officials take these "loots" home to their families.
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by GboyegaD(m): 1:30pm On Dec 03, 2014
UncleSnr:

Okay.. Compare your health with that capital and tell me which is more valuable?

Oga,the Turkey you but from the market are they locally produced?

1 Like

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by GboyegaD(m): 1:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
[quote=bushdoc9919 post=28548352]

Your point is taken....but Nigeria too has to be cautious that food being imported into the country is not substandard and unhealthy.[/quote]

I agree and but my point remains that most of the turkey we buy in our markets are imported. It wasn't like this batch failed a quality test.

1 Like

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by GboyegaD(m): 1:42pm On Dec 03, 2014
DaBullIT:

I like your reasoning , critical , realistic and the truth , Before confiscating & destroying imported items , do we have the capacity to produce ? A very wise man said a bird in hand is better than 20 on the fence , we can't produce enough Turkey for our own consumption but those who bring they destroy it ,after looting to their own shops that is...

Why won't Turkey be expensive , nothing wrong with buying for less than 3k in Nigeria , but those whose goods were burnt without insurance to pay will increase the price to recover losses

The same goes for rice , in Indonesia or is it China hardly would you see a swamp that isn't rice plantation , Nigeria does not have any rice processing plant , does not have world class plantation , despite the vast land we have , yet they ban import of rice

How many functioning /government supported textile factories do we have ? Yet they seize and burn textiles imported at loss to importers

Meanwhile Guns are getting to boko haram from Niger republic , and other African counties , immigration and customs don't apprehend them , is it because weapons are not consumables ?

Food for thought

Oh and somebody said chemicals and preservatives is why they banned importation of turkey. Let me ask you , Did any organization or institution carry out tests on the imports ? Was it a open test or the ones they conducted after envelopes changed hands ?

The dried fish and crayfish you buy do you know how they are preserved , Eja panla to stubborn , Yoruba/Oyo people get the picture I'm trying to paint here , the fish is mostly hard as rock , big sizes , bony , you go fear jaws of that fish . do you know how they were caught / preserved ?

Taritari or gamalin is usually used to catch those fishes in large quantities and they are sun dried , but Nafdac can't do anything about that can they ? Neither can federal government.

A country where not everyone has pure portable water at their disposal. People still drink from streams even in rural areas

A country where there's no public sewer , even that well water you are drinking is contagious , so what's all the fuss about Turkey ?

Cotonou sells what they consume in their country to Nigeria ,once they offload from ships they don't add more preservatives why ban or destroy the consignment

Food for thought

This is so true. No quality test was carried out on the batch. Nigeria is filed with hypocrites. Most of these people in their homes eat imported frozen food and they condemn it in public pretending they have our interest at heart. What the government should do is ensure quality tests are carried out on these items at the ports instead of placing a ban on them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by twerkjack: 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
SeverusSnape:

See this new Nairalander wanting to show her self by ranting... must you insult to make your point?...Please act civil next time. Thanks

And those turkeys are not harmful, what about the canned fishes we consume?...are they not also preserved with chemicals, Drinks etc.
look at this thing formin elder. I've been on nairaland longer than u judgin from ur account, just with a different account. Back to topic: dya think any one will be so uncivil... As to destroy goods worth that much if they weren't harmful? If u weren't as judgy as u are for a second and have a little confidence in ur country. If u heard dat dis was done by customs in the U.S, ȋ̝̊̅̄
Bet ur response would've been different. Ppl like u annoy me so much sometimes ȋ̝̊̅̄
Just can't help myself from reactin negatively.
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by SeverusSnape(m): 4:01pm On Dec 03, 2014
twerkjack:
look at this thing formin elder. I've been on nairaland longer than u judgin from ur account, just with a different account. Back to topic: dya think any one will be so uncivil... As to destroy goods worth that much if they weren't harmful? If u weren't as judgy as u are for a second and have a little confidence in ur country. If u heard dat dis was done by customs in the U.S, ȋ̝̊̅̄
Bet ur response would've been different. Ppl like u annoy me so much sometimes ȋ̝̊̅̄
Just can't help myself from reactin negatively.
You sound pained... did your boyfriend dump you, please continue reacting "negatively"...I love your negativity.

1 Like

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by twerkjack: 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2014
sorepco:
what are you saying? did you not read where the customs officer said that certain dangerous chemicals were added on the meat to preserve it? these chemicals can cause cancer.[color=#990000][/color]

thank u bro. I'm glad to see dat there are still ppl who think rationally in this blessed country of ours dat is obviously havin half witted ppl as the majority in population.
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by twerkjack: 4:05pm On Dec 03, 2014
SeverusSnape:

You sound pained... did your boyfriend dump you, please continue reacting "negatively"...I love your negativity.
why don't u just go back to watchin ur Harry potter movie and leave matters like to ppl with the brain for it huh?
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by SeverusSnape(m): 4:08pm On Dec 03, 2014
twerkjack:
why don't u just go back to watchin ur Harry potter movie and leave matters like to ppl with the brain for it huh?
why don't you go to a brothel to "twerk"?....you look like a stripper.....and a "twerker". I'm serious about this twerker
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by twerkjack: 4:11pm On Dec 03, 2014
SeverusSnape:

why don't you go to a brothel to "twerk"?....you look like a stripper.
poverty stricken imb*cile. Come pass take turkey for ur chrismas holiday. Hahaha
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by SeverusSnape(m): 4:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
twerkjack:
poverty stricken imb*cile. Come pass take turkey for ur chrismas holiday. Hahaha
Whoa!...I'm loving this!...hehehehehehehe, You're getting more pained by the minute twerker stripper. only Christians celebrate christmas
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by twerkjack: 4:30pm On Dec 03, 2014
SeverusSnape:

Whoa!...I'm loving this!...hehehehehehehe, You're getting more pained by the minute twerker stripper. only Christians celebrate christmas
jeez and ȋ̝̊̅̄
Tot ȋ̝̊̅̄
Was talkin with a normal human being. Whatever religion ur of its got to be what's makin u sound utterly confused and distressed probably. Sorry
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by twerkjack: 4:30pm On Dec 03, 2014
SeverusSnape:

jeez and ȋ̝̊̅̄
Tot ȋ̝̊̅̄
Was talkin with a normal human being. Whatever religion ur of its got to be what's makin u sound utterly confused and distressed probably. Sorry for waistin ma time on u.
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by SeverusSnape(m): 4:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
twerkjack:
jeez and ȋ̝̊̅̄
Tot ȋ̝̊̅̄
Was talkin with a normal human being. Whatever religion ur of its got to be what's makin u sound utterly confused and distressed probably. Sorry for waistin ma time on u.
So you're a Christian?... you don't look like one,coz the Christian ladies i know do not strip and twerk. Apology accepted STRIPPER.
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by twerkjack: 4:46pm On Dec 03, 2014
SeverusSnape:

So you're a Christian?... you don't look like one,coz the Christian ladies i know do not strip and twerk. Apology accepted STRIPPER.
ȋ̝̊̅̄
Dnt strip arsehole! +talkin to myself+ why am ȋ̝̊̅̄
Even talkin to this dude? +me:+ no answer!
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by SeverusSnape(m): 4:49pm On Dec 03, 2014
twerkjack:
ȋ̝̊̅̄
Dnt strip arsehole! +talkin to myself+ why am ȋ̝̊̅̄
Even talkin to this dude? +me:+ no answer!
come on STRIPPER!!... I thought we've settled our differences amicably?... look i don't trade words with ladies let alone STRIPPERS.
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by DaBullIT(m): 4:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
SeverusSnape:

He he he why nah. You say you don forgive am
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by DaBullIT(m): 5:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
twerkjack:
thank u bro. I'm glad to see dat there are still ppl who think rationally in this blessed country of ours dat is obviously havin half witted ppl as the majority in population.

No insults intended , but did they test it ? Where if they did test it abi customs don dey employ micro biologists ni ? We don't trust authorities in this country and don't tell you it didn't cross you mind that what they burnt was just for show ,they looted to take home and for their wives's stores

1 Like

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by DaBullIT(m): 5:03pm On Dec 03, 2014
twerkjack:
SeverusSnape:

Just tell her you love her already. Kiss and make up grin grin
Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by SeverusSnape(m): 5:07pm On Dec 03, 2014
DaBullIT:

Just tell her you love her already. Kiss and make up grin grin
Hehehehehehehe...my guy i don't know what's wrong with her, she made me break my rule, I just don't like insulting people.

1 Like

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by DaBullIT(m): 5:07pm On Dec 03, 2014
custommarkdavid:
THE NIGERIAN CUSTOM
AUCTION MARKET. We
sell all kinds of tokunbo
vehicles at cheaper
rates, e.g Golf 2,3,4,
from N250,000-
Infiniti Jeep
fx35=N900,000 &
fx45=1.1m Mercedes
Benz ML350=N750,000
and many more
exclusive offers contact
the Auction sales shall
takes place at the Car
fax zone Seme Boder,
Zone 4 Custom Quater.
All vehicle engines are
in good condition. For
distance request &
requirement, please
buy contact office line
Custom Mark David 07068892291
sales manager, make
your order.

Ölè , Barawo ,Oyinshi. You wan fuckup finish go dey bear Mark David ,Mark David kooor , David Mark ni. Òle, Ole. Get a better job

http://badagry-west./toyota-camry-iid-745839995
https://www.nairaland.com/2025622/oritse-femi-receives-n24m-naira/1
http://badagry./toyota-camry-iid-746129233. Your name for here na ogbodoemmanuel653
http://badagry./blackberry-bold-5-iid-748216971 . Where you tiff this bb from ?
http://badagry./pencle-light-camry-iid-746159327

Barawo chie. Thunder fire you

1 Like

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by SeverusSnape(m): 5:09pm On Dec 03, 2014
DaBullIT:

No insults intended , but did they test it ? Where if they did test it abi customs don dey employ micro biologists ni ? We don't trust authorities in this country and don't tell you it didn't cross you mind that what they burnt was just for show ,they looted to take home and for their wives's stores
help me tell her...she doesn't know what's going on in this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Festive period:Nigeria Customs Destroy Cartons Of Turkey Worth Over 30mln Naira by DaBullIT(m): 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2014
SeverusSnape:

help me tell her...she doesn't know what's going on in this country.

As Bàbá Àgbà free her abeg

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Voting Ends As Counting Starts In Imo / Tribunal Rejects Saraki’s Appeal For Trial Judge To Disqualify Himself / Reps May Include Age Reduction In Constitution Amendment- Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.