Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms (21577 Views)

Banks Reduce Withdrawal Limits On Atms - Vanguard / How Many Will Be Able To Withdraw Money If Atms Did This (photo) / CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 03, 2014
So if i'm withdrawing 100, the charge will be still be 65
Na to carry ghana must go bag to atm be that if I want to withraw 100,000! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by dupsil(f): 8:20am On Dec 03, 2014
Well well well.I think its a great development. Nyc
Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by Adagba1: 8:20am On Dec 03, 2014
CBN should stop deducting our 65 naira first before we belief them

1 Like

Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by dawealthiestman(m): 8:20am On Dec 03, 2014
I would want to believe that moral suasion would be the medium of persuading the banks to comply. The apex bank would have to do more in their capacity to ensure compliance by virtue of certain incentives. Else, it is just pouring water in a basket. Or these banks will transfer the cost of processing lower denominations to unassuming customers. Trust these banks nah...

1 Like

Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by AJ01(m): 8:21am On Dec 03, 2014
Mitchewwww
Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by sunnedee: 8:22am On Dec 03, 2014
shaggy007:
Good development.

At least a niga can withdraw his last card.

E dey pain when I have N1400 in my account where N1000 belongs to the bank and N400 belongs to me but cannot be withdrawn.

That's annoying.
You got a point there.
Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by henpaul2000(m): 8:22am On Dec 03, 2014
Good idea for those who need change for spraying in wedding ceremony and others
Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by Wisdytech(m): 8:22am On Dec 03, 2014
Great news indeed http:///1HY29SJ
Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by AJ01(m): 8:23am On Dec 03, 2014
aanumama:
So if i'm withdrawing 100, the charge will be still be 65
Na to carry ghana must go bag to atm be that if I want to withraw 100,000! grin grin grin grin grin
is not funny.. So this is the best they can do..mitchew
Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by smallJagaban: 8:23am On Dec 03, 2014
IS THIS HOW THE EBO WILL GOVERN THEIR ECONOMY WHEN THEY ACTUALISE THEIR BIAFRA (IF POSSIBLE )?
Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by shaggy007(m): 8:24am On Dec 03, 2014
satowind:
Cbn solving things that are not our problem since 1960.

Only you book two spaces.

You be Nairaland presido?
Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by fammy101(m): 8:24am On Dec 03, 2014
COmfirmento................
Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 03, 2014
I'd appreciate that. smiley

1 Like

Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by charlydamianpat(m): 8:25am On Dec 03, 2014
Story for the gods coz dis is medicine after death and does not value the naira against dollar WTF.
Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 03, 2014
Adagba1:

Actually, atm fees are common in most countries: Canada, U.S.A, U.K, Switzerland, e.t.c.
Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by onatisi(m): 8:26am On Dec 03, 2014
QMark:
Now expect longer queues at ATM points.
the move is a very good one . What will happen is atm machines will have notes in different denominations from 200 to 1000 notes , and users will be able to choose which notes they want. So if you want 500 then you will just press the button and ur money will come out in the denominations you want. Honestly I think cbn is trying to make banking easier for people but from comments here I don't think nigerians deserve it.maybe they should just be left alone they way they are .

1 Like

Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by Kingspin(m): 8:27am On Dec 03, 2014
ledafaze2:
Ish...

Clueless CBN Governor installed by a shoeless man..

When will these guys stop smoking?
Even bats can now see during the day.
Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by Emelcee: 8:27am On Dec 03, 2014
In APC, we have seen that PDP is working...that's why we need GEJ till this Northeners that ruled for 36years without nothing to show for it get sense.
Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 03, 2014
It's a step in the right direction. In fact, N50 should also be added to the withdraw-able notes.
Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by Johnnny(m): 8:31am On Dec 03, 2014
This is a very Bad idea to me. Imagine waiting for one customer to withdraw 100k with N200 or N100 notes So many times, which is presently done with 20k 5 times.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by khattab02: 8:33am On Dec 03, 2014
Bravo!!! CBN. will no longer have to buy something of #200 or #300 just to have change from 1k.

Can't we have a system where you can choose to withdraw lower or higher denomination??

Cbn please keep strategising the best possible solution!
Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by fr3do(m): 8:38am On Dec 03, 2014
busterr:
what of the 65 naira bank charge? Bleep cbn and its governor

That withdrawal charge is 3 steps away from cashlessness.
Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by femi4: 8:40am On Dec 03, 2014
shaggy007:
Good development.

At least a niga can withdraw his last card.

E dey pain when I have N1400 in my account where N1000 belongs to the bank and N400 belongs to me but cannot be withdrawn.

That's annoying.
Next time, go inside the bank and deposit N600. Then, come outside and use the ATM to withdraw 1k
Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by An2elect2(f): 8:41am On Dec 03, 2014
Adagba1:

I have been withdrawing lately and there has been no #65 deduction from my accountundecided BTW, i bank with UBA.
Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by An2elect2(f): 8:43am On Dec 03, 2014
smallJagaban:
IS THIS HOW THE EBO WILL GOVERN THEIR ECONOMY WHEN THEY ACTUALISE THEIR BIAFRA (IF POSSIBLE )?
Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by An2elect2(f): 8:43am On Dec 03, 2014
smallJagaban:

Are you high? What has tribe got to do with this?

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by shaggy007(m): 8:44am On Dec 03, 2014
femi4:
Next time, go inside the bank and deposit N600. Then, come outside and use the ATM to withdraw 1k

You mean o.
Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by femi4: 8:44am On Dec 03, 2014
An2elect2:

I have been withdrawing lately and there has been no #65 deduction from my accountundecided BTW, i bank with UBA.
You have to use other banks ATM to experience it and the deduction start from your forth withdraw within a month
Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by Vivly(f): 8:44am On Dec 03, 2014
Very good idea

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms by Nelsman(m): 8:48am On Dec 03, 2014
A good move in the right direction. Nigerians no dey get patience @ all, itz in we blood to want it go faster, even Naija go prefer make ATM dey vomit 5k note. Oda nations dat got there took it bit by bit. If we travel outside, we go by the status quo there which has a clear definition, but when we come back to Naija, we want to get stuck in our status quo that is so stagnant, it keeps moving in a vicious circle. Lets give this a chance and see if our economy go better. Even sef, make ATM dey vomit coins if it go fit do am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Central Bank Of Nigeria Commences Sale Of Chinese Yuan / Understanding The Cash-less Policy / Eniola Adenuga And Damilola Ogun Child Custody Battle: Police Arrest Damilola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.