Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! (13261 Views)

See The First Ever Touchscreen Phone / Nokia Announces The Lumia 520 / Nokia Announces Asha 308 And 309 Budget Touchscreen Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by lynxnoon(m): 5:59pm On Dec 03, 2008
pc guru:

The N96 was suppose to succeed N95.but the specs are far lower than its predecessor(N95).but the nokia tube is better since you want to buy an expensive phone though don't know much it is.
about $600~#70k
http://www.welectronics.com/gsm/NOKIA.shtml
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 03, 2008
My first and basis for buying phones are 3d chips.so i always buy 2 phones one that can process graphics and the other for calls.(N95 and 6120 classic).cuz 3d chip gives good video playback.nokia 5800's the next phone on my mind and N95-8gb(only cuz of high ram).so are we expecting any new iphones.
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 03, 2008
70k men i gotta get a job men.
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by lynxnoon(m): 6:32pm On Dec 03, 2008
Ex Inferis:

the 5800 isnt a high-end device in the league of say the N96/N85, and its practically a cheapo given its price tag. its primary appeal is just being the first Nokia S60 touchscreen device.

having said that, I'm getting one.

so it seems my prediction that Nokia is going for Linux in future high end phones is confirmed (and i did suggest Maemo).

the following is from Reuters:

"BARCELONA (Reuters) - The world's biggest mobile phone maker, Nokia, could start to use open-source Linux software on its more expensive phone models, a senior company official said on Tuesday.

"In the longer perspective, Linux will become a serious alternative for our high-end phones," Ukko Lappalainen, vice president at Nokia's markets unit, told Reuters in an interview on the sidelines of the "Nokia World" industry conference.

Linux's role in the handset industry is growing as Google has introduced its Linux-based Android platform, but Lappalainen said Nokia was likely to stick to its own Linux development.

Nokia uses Linux maemo software in its niche offering of Internet tablets, while it uses Symbian software for its phones.

"I don't see anything in Android which would make it better than Linux maemo," Lappalainen said. (Reporting by Tarmo Virki)"

http://www.reuters.com/article/internetNews/idUSTRE4B16IO20081202

does dis min dat nokia pc suites wil soon be compartible wit linux?(men i hope very soon oh wink)
i can den comfortably switch to ubuntu grin grin

pc guru:

70k men i gotta get a job men.
oh boy remember say e neva enta naija market oh n wen it dos trust all dos thieves likes sl----t to hike d price angry angry
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 03, 2008
I don't buy things from slot.they sold me fake nokia battery.and wanted to sell micro sd 1gb 4 250
When i bought it @ affordables 4 1200. I buy phones from affordables.i trust them better
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by IBEXY(m): 7:00pm On Dec 03, 2008
There goes another Apple iphone mimic sad
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2008
And so what if its an iphone mimic.do you see any apple logo on it.dude that's the world of competition.
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2008
And so what if its an iphone mimic.do you see any apple logo on it.dude that's the world of competition.
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by ExInferis(m): 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2008
pc guru:

can you blame him? no one said Apple copied WinMo devices with its touchscreen, but now the moment any phone comes along everyone (even blogs like Engadget, TUAW, Gizmodo etc) all compare the darn thing to the iphone.

enough already, iphone isnt the first touchscreen phone (except for multitouch) and it isnt the last. therefore not everything is out to BE like the iphone, just COMPETE with the iphone.

someday, someone somewhere is going to make something that'll beat the crap out of the iphone.

Law of Averages.
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by showbobo(m): 7:49pm On Dec 03, 2008
i dunno. . . i still prefer my N81-8GB to all this crap y'all talking bout. . . . . i have used the N95 before and the phone is JUST THERE to me with its weird sound quality. undecided
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by toideve(m): 8:04pm On Dec 03, 2008
the fone na photocopy to SE X1

Photocopy ko easy cheesy

SE for life
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 03, 2008
That sony ericsson na crap phone.compared to this.sony ericsson fan boys ,the company with a dead platform.S.E X1 Even the abbrevated name sounds like a Love Machine.
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by shadex1(m): 8:28pm On Dec 03, 2008
nice fone
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 03, 2008
crap that we're talking.N95 has a mad video playback 640x480 at 30fps with 1024bitrate. I guess the n81 will just choke.n81 is a budget phone compared to n95.like you stated it all boils down to personal preferences
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by MrCrackles(m): 8:41pm On Dec 03, 2008
Nokia no dey tire!! grin
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by cabali(m): 9:10pm On Dec 03, 2008
I would prefer it to the communicator cos it's gat touch screen and it is smaller. It is a copy from HTC and O2. it aint a design-original.

But it still wont get me as I am still satisfied with my O2 xda exec!!
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by toideve(m): 9:18pm On Dec 03, 2008
@shreks

i have PS3 40GB for sale, i don tire to de play am I also have PSP for sale so if ur interested hola at me
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by software(m): 9:19pm On Dec 03, 2008
what a Lovely phone,

Pls i would like to ask for the permission to buy this phone for all nl member,

I have plenty of money, i wantto buy it for all nl members, pls

Pls allow me to buy it, pls am begging. it is very important, i must buy it, plsssssssss i want to buy  for everybody,

Pls tell me to buy it for everybody,
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by naijafan(m): 9:24pm On Dec 03, 2008
@software.

Go ahead and buy it for everyone. grin
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by mystikal(m): 9:32pm On Dec 03, 2008
i stopped using Nokia phone after my N93, and i've been using the samsung f700 for some time now, which apart from its impressive features has a design i really admire. This Nokia N97 reminds of my samusng design. it is tempting but I know the price would be something!!!

Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by smurf1(f): 9:34pm On Dec 03, 2008
Abeg Nokia do ur thing jare, dont use them phone tho grin
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by software(m): 9:44pm On Dec 03, 2008
naijafan:

@software.

Go ahead and buy it for everyone. grin

eh eh, i hope efcc wount ask me where i got my money from? Pls i must buy the phone for all nairaland member, i must, pls allow me to buy it pls.
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by just1n(m): 9:46pm On Dec 03, 2008
Watta fone!!! I mustu bought disi fone e, weda police or efcc liket it or notu. See fone!!! tongue
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by toideve(m): 9:59pm On Dec 03, 2008
no matter what i still prefer SE fones to that of Nokia's i don't know why but SE for life, so that n97 or n100 no freak me at all, one thing i know for sure is that all nokia are similar just slight differences between n95 and n96 so what are we saying? n95 has 5MP and n97 d same, why not make n97 8MP or higher? abegi

SE for life
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by software(m): 10:00pm On Dec 03, 2008
just1n:

Watta phone!!! I mustu bought disi phone e, weda police or efcc liket it or notu. See phone!!! tongue

my brother, this phone na  elele, i must buy it ooo for all nl memeber, anything efcc like make dem do for me, Infact you are the first person i want to buy it for, send me photo copies of your NEPA bills, OK?
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by software(m): 10:02pm On Dec 03, 2008
toideve:

no matter what i still prefer SE fones to that of Nokia's i don't know why but SE for life, so that n97 or n100 no freak me at all, one thing i know for sure is that all nokia are similar just slight differences between n95 and n96 so what are we saying? n95 has 5MP and n97 d same, why not make n97 8MP or higher? abegi

SE for life

dont worry jare, even if u dont like Nokia phones, i must but this n97 for you, either you like it or not, or wount you collect it if i present it to u?
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by toideve(m): 10:14pm On Dec 03, 2008
4 sure na, i go collect with my 2 hands and thank u well well, after i go sell am buy beta fone SE hehe
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by lynxnoon(m): 1:28am On Dec 04, 2008
@pc guru
can u giv me directions on how to get to affordables?
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by tflow: 2:40am On Dec 04, 2008
na fone bi dis or machine?but Nigerians are fone freek.all these fone companies make more money here in naija than other countries, abeg i wan dey produce fone too.
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by sect(m): 6:51am On Dec 04, 2008
Toideve, we are both in the same league. SE for life, but this n97 is cool
lynxmoon wen u get to otigba street(off obafemi awolowo way) take ùr first turnin by ur left and jst walk straight towards d end of d road, by ur right u'll see a storey building with affordables written on the wall, jst climb upstairs from d back. Remember its by d right, jst a few seconds walk from slot(slot is on d left hand side of d road)
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by sharkur1(m): 8:18am On Dec 04, 2008
some guys might beef Nokia forever but i still think they are the bomb.but do you think the phone will last like 8mnths cos i am thinking of getting one on someone behalf. like how much willit be in naira and where can i get one
Re: Nokia Announces N97 Touchscreen Phone! by angelina08(f): 9:47am On Dec 04, 2008
I like it, all Noika phone are ok, Noika rule the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 4 Not Charging Except It Is Switched Off.. Help Pls. / How To Get Free 1GB And 100MB On MTN / 5G License Auction: MTN, Airtel, Mafab Head Into 5th Round As Price hits $215m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.