Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Novels I Wouldn't Mind Reading Over And Over Again. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Novels I Wouldn't Mind Reading Over And Over Again. (3970 Views)

All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences / Those Who Love Novels / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Novels I Wouldn't Mind Reading Over And Over Again. by storitela: 10:17pm On Jan 21, 2015
Sidney Sheldon books have
always had me on my feet along with Frank Peretti's. You could go 0-0-0 just to get to the last page. There's almost no difference with watching a movie. The speed is unbeatable.

I enjoy Chimamanda's books in a different way... just for the literary aspect. It lacks the speed and heartbeating mechanism Sidney employs
Re: Novels I Wouldn't Mind Reading Over And Over Again. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 26, 2015
Mprex:
The vulture is a patient bird-James Hadley Chase

the world in your pocket-James Hadley Chase

inner harbor-Nora Roberts

the Bourne ultimatum-Robert Ludlum

wild wyoming heart- lipsrsealed

coast road: Babara Delinsky

silence of the lambs- lipsrsealed

will add more later

Like me you must be a fan of Hardly chase?
I can't find his books these days
Re: Novels I Wouldn't Mind Reading Over And Over Again. by Mprex(f): 6:11pm On Jan 26, 2015
marioking:

yea. I am a die hard fan of james hardley chase. I still have my old collection but i cant find new ones tooembarassed
Re: Novels I Wouldn't Mind Reading Over And Over Again. by illicit(m): 6:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
marioking:

me likey! Did u knw d guy wasnt even american?
Re: Novels I Wouldn't Mind Reading Over And Over Again. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 26, 2015
illicit:

me likey! Did u knw d guy wasnt even american?
Yeap......James Hadley Chase is a
pseudonym for René Brabazon
Raymond but what was his Nationality?
Re: Novels I Wouldn't Mind Reading Over And Over Again. by illicit(m): 6:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
marioking:

Yeap......James Hadley Chase is a
pseudonym for René Brabazon
Raymond but what was his Nationality?
surprisingly he was english but was fascinated with american gangster and crime stories even tho he had never been there, he just bought books, maps and news clippings, he learnt everything abt his interests, he has a very wild and active imagination....
Re: Novels I Wouldn't Mind Reading Over And Over Again. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 26, 2015
illicit:

surprisingly he was english but was fascinated with american gangster and crime stories even tho he had never been there, he just bought books, maps and news clippings, he learnt everything abt his interests, he has a very wild and active imagination....

Thanks bro.
Pls can I get some of his collections tru you?
Re: Novels I Wouldn't Mind Reading Over And Over Again. by illicit(m): 6:57pm On Jan 26, 2015
marioking:

Thanks bro.
Pls can I get some of his collections tru you?
oh yeah but that will have to wait, am presently at sch, my collections are home in lag, wia r u?
Re: Novels I Wouldn't Mind Reading Over And Over Again. by Nobody: 6:25am On Jan 27, 2015
illicit:

oh yeah but that will have to wait, am presently at sch, my collections are home in lag, wia r u?

I am in Osun state. Joseph Ayo babalola university to be precise
Re: Novels I Wouldn't Mind Reading Over And Over Again. by illicit(m): 6:29am On Jan 27, 2015
marioking:

I am in Osun state. Joseph Ayo babalola university to be precise
in ilorin presently
Re: Novels I Wouldn't Mind Reading Over And Over Again. by Nobody: 6:39am On Jan 27, 2015
illicit:

in ilorin presently

No wahala boss. Please PM me when you are back or add me on bbm wit 28816424.

Tnzk

1 Like

Re: Novels I Wouldn't Mind Reading Over And Over Again. by Nuella222(f): 8:02pm On Jan 27, 2015
mollytinrox:
Sidney Sheldon- tomorrow never comes
masters of the game
mistress of the game (tilley bagshaw)
morning, noon and night
the other side of midnight and it's prequel
sands of. time
windmill of the gods♥♥♥ {ooh Stanton Rogers, lol }
rage of angels♥
omerta
bloodline
naked face
are you afraid of the dark

Chinua Achebe- girls at war
no longer at ease
arrow of god ♥
things fall apart
anthills of the Savannah
there was a country
chike and the river (a book for young boys, lol. cracks me up every time. RIP Uncle Chinualumogu)

Wole Soyinka- the man died
Kongi's harvest
ake (my favorite)
penkelemesi- the. ibadan years
the lion and the jewel (oh sidi and baroka and lakunle)

John Grisham
the client
skipping Christmas♥♥♥♥, lol
the rainmaker
pelican brief
the chamber
the testament
king of torts
painted house

James Patterson
along came a spider
cross country
roses are red
violets are blue
cat and mouse
jack and jill
beach house
when the wind blows
the dangerous days of Daniel X
2nd chance
4 blind mice
5th horseman

Mario Puzo- I love the godfather trilogy, that's about it.

Danielle Steele, only Secret. has a happy ending. all her other books ignite angst in me abeg. Besides, too many of her plots look alike.

Mary Higgins Clark- the cradle. will fall,
deck the halls.
I think she wrote all others in her dementia,lol. dead suspense, crimes without sensible motives.

Ngugi wa' thiongo- weep not child♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, lol. His heart beat tom-tom, his sense of gallantry made him say, 'let's meet on Sunday'.

Jackie Collins- Hollywood wives
Hollywood husbands
the world is full of divorced women
the world is full of divorced men
hollywood wives- the new generation
lethal seduction
LA connection
Thrill
American star
Lady boss
Deadly embrace

Meg Cabot/Meggin Cabot
Boy next. door
american star
princess diaries 1-6

Urmmmmm, ok. random ones that I love sha.
All NoRa Roberts
all Jeffrey Archers, especially Kane and Abel. his books all have serious moral lessons. oh, and the 4th Estate too.
all Nicholas Sparks
all James Hadley Chase I've ever read, won't mind again and again.
all Patricia Cornwell except Portrait of a killer. pointless book.
all Iris Johansen

George Orwell- animal farm
William Shakespeare- Romeo and Juliet. I cried at the end, lol.
Charles Dickens- Oliver Twist, unabridged
Terry McMillan-waiting. to exhale♥♥♥
Tunde Leye- Finding hubby

Tired of typing. If I see any of these books, my year is super made! !
cool u ar so much on point jare! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Searching For The Princess / Publiseer To Represent Nigeria At Startup Istanbul Challenge 2018 In Turkey / Short, Witty, Freestyle Poems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.