Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,217 members, 7,815,254 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation (22481 Views)

US Govt Lauds Obiano On Security, Infrastructure(pic) / Russia, Nigeria Sign Contract For Mi-171sh, Mi-35 Helicopters / China And Nigeria Sign $1.1bn Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by BlackTechnology: 7:43pm On Dec 04, 2014
donnypool:

but we know i can go on wiki and edit that page. the fact is that the US tries to act as the world savior, but the simply are not.

and you can agree with me the US economy boom during war times. you know why? because its time to sell more weapons and steal natural resources.

Perfect.

A friend in need is a friend in deed.

US has abandoned us now in our time of distress.
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by swezenberg(m): 10:05pm On Dec 04, 2014
donnypool:

but we know i can go on wiki and edit that page. the fact is that the US tries to act as the world savior, but they simply are not.

and you can agree with me the US economy boom during war times. you know why? because its time to sell more weapons and steal natural resources.

I know you can edit wikipedia but I have other sites you can check but I'm very busy in the office. We will find time to discuss bro. I like your maturity when it comes to conversation and argument. Thumb up.

I will really like you to explain what you mean by US stealing resources because there is one thing called Bilateral agreement on mutual benefits. This is often misconceived by many.
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 04, 2014
swezenberg:

I know you can edit wikipedia but I have other sites you can check but I'm very busy in the office. We will find time to discuss bro. I like your maturity when it comes to conversation and argument. Thumb up.

I will really like you to explain what you mean by US stealing resources because there is one thing called Bilateral agreement on mutual benefits. This is often misconceived by many.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/wars_to_steal_oil_in_afghan_iraq_syria_iran_0

this might not be a 100% trusted link, but it actually shows what the US and UK are up to. The wild picture about the united state IMO is self interest. Remember things started falling apart between the US and Nigeria due to the Anti-gay bill signed into law by Nigeria.

Now, Russia signed the same bill, the US kept Mute
China signed same bill and even against long bearded people, the US kept Mute
Nigeria did something, and they are fighting to ruin our economy, Isn't that being a bully?
Same thing with Uganda, and Uganda "chickened" away

IMHO, i think Nigeria patterned with Russia not only because of security matters, but because of the threat of the US. Having a big Bully like Russia on our side will prevent any ground/air invasion from the US. Remember in Syria, all the US said was they will attack but till this day they never did, they only supplied weapon. This is not because they can't attack, but its because Russia was in the picture.

The united state could attack Nigeria when ever they want. but not after passing their greatest arc-rival
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by Adminisher: 10:41pm On Dec 04, 2014
aresa:
Going to Russia is another reflection of this man's failure and gross incompetence.

Going to the Russians wont solve the systemic problems plaguing the country and military in particular, it wont address the $6 billion he swindles with his military every year, it won't address the incompetence synonymous with the same military chiefs he gives out National awards to instead of firing or disciplining, it won't address the military surrendering their military bases and weapons to BH/indirectly arming BH.

You can not build a castle on rotten foundation, fix your rotten home first before shopping for furniture..

You have hit the nail on the head. I can assure you no corrupt General or Ministry of defence apparatchiks will go unpunished for corruption. Nigerians have their names and their civilian businessmen accomplices.
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by chrissy3(m): 12:37pm On Dec 07, 2014
ITbomb:
'They say ' Russia build her products in such a way that without them around, it would not work. I'm very wary of them, there was a reason our fathers preferred America to Russia.
American products and services can be easily adapted but Russia? Remember Rusal and Alscon
usa too build weapons dsame way, and any other machine cause they surely keep the algorithm of the machines and with that,they remain in control.Your little iphone can be operated all the way from usa and all you do with it too .truth is nigerian and Africa as a whole must make research and come up with our own technology free from external control.
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by chrissy3(m): 12:45pm On Dec 07, 2014
Symphony007:
It seems the Nigerian government thinks that because of this little publicity stunt, all hell is breaking loose at the state department and white house. Please nigeria, enjoy your honeymoon to Russia, what took so long for this marriage to occur? You have so much in common. Oil corruption wise.
like usa are not corrupt themselves'ebola drug to send for nigeria was refused,African aid money given to west African countries as means to help economies was not given to nigeria,threat not to buy our oil if we build our own refineries,weapon sales to nigeria denied.everything support Nigeria ask for has been denied and u expect nigeria not to look for another super power to form alliance with? Truth is America and west look for only there interest and am not saying Russians are better bt I've not seen usa being beneficial to us.glory glory russia,sishvesh zushto.
Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by KLand(m): 12:42pm On Dec 10, 2014
cirmuell:
what advantage is there to take? your oil? they have it in abundance too.

Thanks for your question. But remember that there is more to international diplomatic relationships than being a crude oil producer. I just don't want us to be the veritable pawns in the unrighteous hands of any socalled super powers, of which Russia is one.
Earlier comment: https://www.nairaland.com/2027531/russia-nigeria-sign-memorandum-security/2#28571379

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gunmen Invade UNIABUJA Staff Quarters, Abduct Professor,Children, Others / 'Diezani & Orubebe Failed Niger Deltans' - Asari Dokubo (Photos,Video) / APC Congratulates Buhari, Renames Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, Mr. Railway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.