Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Nigerian Students In China - Education (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students In China (295564 Views)

How Students In ANSU Iron Their Matriculation Gown Today / Nigerian Students In Germany Annual Gathering (Photos) / Nigerian Students In Ghana Pay N155 Billion As Tuition Annually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (114) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In China by Cutealexio(m): 11:23am On Jul 23, 2017
That's not true, a guy was given a visa to study Chinese language on the day I went for an interview
Simacgroup015:
dont waste you time and money they will not give u visa for chinese language

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In China by next2me: 10:01pm On Jul 23, 2017
Cutealexio:
That's not true, a guy was given a visa to study Chinese language on the day I went for an interview

Please what was the interview like, what are the likely questions to expect?
Re: Nigerian Students In China by Cutealexio(m): 12:30am On Jul 24, 2017
To be honest they were really nice and attentive. They want to know about your sponsor and your relationship with your sponsor. They also want to know if you are employed or not,statement of account is also important they will check it line by line so don't use "oluwole".Mine took over 30 minutes. Are you going for masters or bachelors? Are you sponsoring yourself?
next2me:

Please what was the interview like, what are the likely questions to expect?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In China by next2me: 5:47pm On Jul 25, 2017
Cutealexio:
To be honest they were really nice and attentive. They want to know about your sponsor and your relationship with your sponsor. They also want to know if you are employed or not,statement of account is also important they will check it line by line so don't use "oluwole".Mine took over 30 minutes. Are you going for masters or bachelors? Are you sponsoring yourself?
Applied for language program and I'm sponsoring myself.
Re: Nigerian Students In China by Alibzkenny: 8:46pm On Jul 25, 2017
K
Re: Nigerian Students In China by starman4t(m): 9:51pm On Jul 25, 2017
I have scroll through many comments but none really meet my Questions. After been offer admission into any of the institution in China either by scholarship or self funds.

1. How will you go about With the studend X-visa? And

2. What are the materials needed for applying for the students visa.

Thanks
Tolulope
Re: Nigerian Students In China by Cutealexio(m): 10:03pm On Jul 25, 2017
OK...go with your account statement.What they will ask you is how you want to sponsor yourself since you're not allowed to work there
next2me:

Applied for language program and I'm sponsoring myself.
Re: Nigerian Students In China by starman4t(m): 10:07pm On Jul 25, 2017
Cutealexio:

Senator's pickin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In China by next2me: 7:54am On Jul 26, 2017
Cutealexio:
OK...go with your account statement.What they will ask you is how you want to sponsor yourself since you're not allowed to work there

How much will I be required to have in my account after I pay the tuition fees, hostel fees, books, insurance and medicals. Will 1.4 million be enough for upkeep for a year?
Re: Nigerian Students In China by ropodinho3633(m): 10:03pm On Jul 29, 2017
Pls house for God sake what are the likely questions that will be ask at the embassy for student visa? A friend of mine have interview on Friday next week. God bless you all
Re: Nigerian Students In China by Geewynn(m): 11:08pm On Jul 29, 2017
Good evening guys. Please I will love to study in China but on Scholarship due to financial constraints.
Please what are the requirements that I need for msc computer science and technology and what school are the best and that accepts international students better. Please I have no clue about the process of application and i need help going about the reg process and other steps for next year as i will be rounding up my degree next year

thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In China by Pascal679: 12:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
Please I would like to apply for Chinese scholarships in 2018 .. please which should I apply for
Re: Nigerian Students In China by topearos(m): 2:10pm On Jul 30, 2017
Congratulations to those who were successful in the just released CSC final result.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In China by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 30, 2017
topearos:
Congratulations to those who were successful in the just released CSC final result.

please can u tell me d site to check?
Re: Nigerian Students In China by topearos(m): 11:01am On Jul 31, 2017
usqoh:

please can u tell me d site to check?

it was /will be announced through the University you applied to.
Re: Nigerian Students In China by gentlegeorge1(m): 6:57pm On Jul 31, 2017
Please I would like to know from those who applied for the student visa through Abuja if it's a must to use an Agent If you have all your documents complete?

Also will the Visa application form be hand written or typed as I have seen from the one I downloaded?

Is letter of attestation compulsory? This is for those who have experienced in this year visa application process for students. CAN ANYONE WRITE THE ATTESTATION LETTER?

AFTER SUBMITTING THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED, WILL YOU BE GIVEN A DATE TO COME BACK FOR INTERVIEW IMMEDIATELY? WHEN WILL YOU HAVE TO OAY FOR THE VISA.

Anyone who is patient and can be detailed with this information can KINDLY do so. Am humbled.
My Jw202 and my admission letter will be in by next week and I will be rushing to meet up with time so I am trying to prepare ahead?

For those who did their M edicals in ABJ. Please which Hospital is accepted? And I guess I have to legalize the result to at the MOFA.

God bless you dearly.

+2349051862816 (WHATSAPP)
Re: Nigerian Students In China by taiwo92(m): 7:53am On Aug 01, 2017
Good morning guys I just received a congratulatory message from xi-an Jiaotong Liverpool university though they have not send the acceptance and the visa form they are requesting for my mailing address. my question are as follows. is there anybody here already or going there, how is the visa application like
thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In China by Freeicanmaterial: 8:25am On Aug 01, 2017
If you are interested in learning Chinese and you are based in Lagos/Port Harcourt/Abuja/Owerri/Enugu/Onitsha, contact 07083731734 on whatsapp for more details.

You can attend group classes or arrange for private lectures.
Re: Nigerian Students In China by suavecool: 5:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
gentlegeorge1:
Please I would like to know from those who applied for the student visa through Abuja if it's a must to use an Agent If you have all your documents complete?

Also will the Visa application form be hand written or typed as I have seen from the one I downloaded?

Is letter of attestation compulsory? This is for those who have experienced in this year visa application process for students. CAN ANYONE WRITE THE ATTESTATION LETTER?

AFTER SUBMITTING THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED, WILL YOU BE GIVEN A DATE TO COME BACK FOR INTERVIEW IMMEDIATELY? WHEN WILL YOU HAVE TO OAY FOR THE VISA.

Anyone who is patient and can be detailed with this information can KINDLY do so. Am humbled.
My Jw202 and my admission letter will be in by next week and I will be rushing to meet up with time so I am trying to prepare ahead?

For those who did their M edicals in ABJ. Please which Hospital is accepted? And I guess I have to legalize the result to at the MOFA.

God bless you dearly.

+2349051862816 (WHATSAPP)

At Abuja embassy i didn't use agents. Why would a young vibrant scholar use agent for visa?
Go to the embassy and follow the procedure, its very easy for students unless you have trust issues with yourself.
The embassy has days for application submission, interview and visa pickup. You pay just 8k on the day of pickup.
Do your medicals at a government owned hospital.(Fed.medical centers)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In China by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 02, 2017
suavecool:

At Abuja embassy i didn't use agents. Why would a young vibrant scholar use agent for visa?
Go to the embassy and follow the procedure, its very easy for students unless you have trust issues with yourself.
The embassy has days for application submission, interview and visa pickup. You pay just 8k on the day of pickup.

Please bro. I would like to ask the following questions:

1. What is the cheapest flight to travel. I mean should I book to d university city directly Or beijing which is d capital? What airline that goes to China from Nigeria is the cheapest ? What amount of money in us dollars should I bring with me

2. What minimum medical tests should I do in fed medical centre hospital that is necessary for visa approval? Will the medical tests accepted in China?

3. How were you able to locate your university when you got to the airport. Since most dont understand English, how were u able to make them understand your mind? Will China accept us dollars or were u able to convert to Chinese rmb. Can Nigeria atm work to get Chinese money

4. I learnt that u can't use Facebook or YouTube in China. What vpn can one use for one to b able to utilise d application in China

5. How were you able to cope in China. Is China safe for Nigerians? How is the weather like? Can you learn Chinese if in English taught program?

6. Is the Chinese government scholarship stipend ok. Will you be able to save. How will you send money to Nigeria?

7. I would like to have your e-mail or whatsapp number. What is it. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In China by suavecool: 5:02am On Aug 05, 2017
Well as a Nigerian you can ALWAYS survive anywhere!...lol. Asfor flight booking, Ethiopian airlines or Egypt air are cheap and affordable but if you come from a rich family then i recommend Quatar or others. Most airliners drop either Shanghai or Beijing.
Depending on your scholarship, i think coming with atleast 500dollars is ok.
Do all the test recommended on the physical exam form and make sure you come to china with a copy of all the results including the xray scan. If you don't, they will ask you to re-do it again in china and the expense will be on you.
Locating your school may be easy if you check the nearest city close to it...then u choose where to land Beijing or Shanghai etc. I changed my dollars to RMB immediately i landed at Beijing airport. At Beijing some Chinese speak and understand English.
Dont worry about vpn ...Facebook etc...we are surviving herealready, so when you come you also will. There are some vpns here.
The stipend is very okay depending on your lifestyle.
Send me an email for my number incase you need further clarification...Iyke.sammy@yahoo.com

Goodluck!

usqoh:

1. What is the cheapest flight to travel. I mean should I book to d university city directly Or beijing which is d capital? What airline that goes to China from Nigeria is the cheapest ? What amount of money in us dollars should I bring with me

2. What minimum medical tests should I do in fed medical centre hospital that is necessary for visa approval? Will the medical tests accepted in China?

3. How were you able to locate your university when you got to the airport. Since most dont understand English, how were u able to make them understand your mind? Will China accept us dollars or were u able to convert to Chinese rmb. Can Nigeria atm work to get Chinese money

4. I learnt that u can't use Facebook or YouTube in China. What vpn can one use for one to b able to utilise d application in China

5. How were you able to cope in China. Is China safe for Nigerians? How is the weather like? Can you learn Chinese if in English taught program?

6. Is the Chinese government scholarship stipend ok. Will you be able to save. How will you send money to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In China by suavecool: 8:28am On Aug 06, 2017
Well as a Nigerian you can ALWAYS survive anywhere!...lol. Asfor flight booking, Ethiopian airlines or Egypt air are cheap and affordable but if you come from a rich family then i recommend Quatar or others. Most airliners drop either Shanghai or Beijing.
Do all the test recommended on the physical exam form and make sure you come to china with a copy of all the results including the xray scan. If you don't, they will ask you to re-do it again in china and the expense will be on you.
Locating your school may be easy if you check the nearest city close to it...then u choose where to land Beijing or Shanghai etc. I changed my dollars to RMB immediately i landed at Beijing airport. At Beijing some Chinese speak and understand English.
Dont worry about vpn ...Facebook etc...we are surviving herealready, so when you come you also will. There are some vpns here.
Send me an email for my number incase you need further clarification...Iyke.sammy@yahoo.com

Goodluck!

usqoh:

Freeicanmaterial:
If you are interested in learning Chinese and you are based in Lagos/Port Harcourt/Abuja/Owerri/Enugu/Onitsha, contact 07083731734 on whatsapp for more details.

You can attend group classes or arrange for private lectures.
Nice
Re: Nigerian Students In China by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 07, 2017
suavecool:

Goodluck!

Nice

tks
Re: Nigerian Students In China by mayokhun(m): 10:38pm On Aug 12, 2017
suavecool:

I was given a different course and a different school from what we agreed on with the agent... But the agent told us that this doesn't mean anything, that getting admission and getting into China is more important,that when i get to China I can go to whatever school i want or whichever course i want...
Pls how true is this??
Re: Nigerian Students In China by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 12, 2017
mayokhun:
I was given a different course and a different school from what we agreed on with the agent... But the agent told us that this doesn't mean anything, that getting admission and getting into China is more important,that when i get to China I can go to whatever school i want or whichever course i want...
Pls how true is this??
y use agent. When u can apply yourself. I secured scholarship without agent. Don't spend any money

I don't think it is true but u may ask "suavecool" if this is true. This is because the chinese school will have to give u permission to apply for long visa.

At Chinese embassy in Nigeria. they only give you 30 days visa
Re: Nigerian Students In China by mayokhun(m): 1:51pm On Aug 13, 2017
usqoh:

y use agent. When u can apply yourself. I secured scholarship without agent. Don't spend any money

I don't think it is true but u may ask "suavecool" if this is true. This is because the chinese school will have to give u permission to apply for long visa.

We felt it would be easier if we used an agent.. I've gotten the jw202 but it's a diff course and school
He said I can change to my course and school of choice when I get to china
Re: Nigerian Students In China by glacius: 8:33am On Aug 14, 2017
Intelligentdude:
Sent

I'd like to appreciate @intelligentdude for his humbleness. He sent me an email wrt Chinese government scholarship application in January. I followed up and emailed several profs in my proposed department in shandong university and got an acceptance letter directly from the department. Intelligentdude saw my post about the acceptance letter and sent me a guy's contact in the school (shandong university)I applied to who was a student. The guy advised me to apply myself that they appreciate transparency. I did so. He kept me updated on proceedings. I also joined a few Facebook CSC groups. They were of great help to me ( Be prepared for the hyperactive Pakistan's. They're an interesting bunch). I made some good friends and some have become my classmates automatically.( When I arrive in China next month).
I made a 2.2 and got Chinese government scholarship fully funded for an MSc in international project management in shandong university. Yes, it's possible to get a foreign scholarship with a 2.2. I applied to only one school which is risky but I put my faith in God. God surprised me. I've written nddc exams twice and ptdf also to no avail.
I casually stumbled upon this thread in January but didn't take it seriously. After I received my acceptance letter I found confidence to complete the application.

I want to encourage all to never give in to despair nor quit whatever one starts no matter how tedious and unfruitful it may look initially.
Whatever challenges that will arise should not be enough to discourage you. Overcome tough situations, wriggle out of them and they'll become milestones​.

God bless all successful Chinese government scholarship 2017 winners and to those who will apply next year, God will favour you .Keep the faith.

I read here that xiamen university doesn't accept Nigerians( I may be wrong), but I have a friend who was nominated by xiamen​ university for Chinese government scholarship this year.# Your case is different#

God bless you intelligent dude

Cheers all.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In China by pastormellanby: 8:39am On Aug 14, 2017
How can one get scholarship
Re: Nigerian Students In China by Geewynn(m): 9:31am On Aug 14, 2017
glacius:

I'd like to appreciate @intelligentdude for his humbleness. He sent me an email wrt Chinese government scholarship application in January. I followed up and emailed several profs in my proposed department in shandong university and got an acceptance letter directly from the department. Intelligentdude saw my post about the acceptance letter and sent me a guy's contact in the school (shandong university)I applied to who was a student. The guy advised me to apply myself that they appreciate transparency. I did so. He kept me updated on proceedings. I also joined a few Facebook CSC groups. They were of great help to me ( Be prepared for the hyperactive Pakistan's. They're an interesting bunch). I made some good friends and some have become my classmates automatically.( When I arrive in China next month).
I made a 2.2 and got Chinese government scholarship fully funded for an MSc in international project management in shandong university. Yes, it's possible to get a foreign scholarship with a 2.2. I applied to only one school which is risky but I put my faith in God. God surprised me. I've written nddc exams twice and ptdf also to no avail.
I casually stumbled upon this thread in January but didn't take it seriously. After I received my acceptance letter I found confidence to complete the application.

I want to encourage all to never give in to despair nor quit whatever one starts no matter how tedious and unfruitful it may look initially.
Whatever challenges that will arise should not be enough to discourage you. Overcome tough situations, wriggle out of them and they'll become milestones​.

God bless all successful Chinese government scholarship 2017 winners and to those who will apply next year, God will favour you .Keep the faith.

I read here that xiamen university doesn't accept Nigerians( I may be wrong), but I have a friend who was nominated by xiamen​ university for Chinese government scholarship this year.# Your case is different#

Cheers all.

please I need ur help on how to apply for the scholarship...will like to apply next year
Re: Nigerian Students In China by Intelligentdude(m): 1:20pm On Aug 14, 2017
Congrats. Anything is possible inasmuch as we believe.欢迎来到中国
glacius:

Cheers all.
Re: Nigerian Students In China by EmpressT(f): 1:44pm On Aug 14, 2017
I am really very much in need of a job. A graduate of accounting with 2:1, reside in Lagos. If it is just internship on digital marketing, accounting packages practised by any company you know, i will so happy. Pls help a sister.
Thank you..

Intelligentdude:
Congrats. Anything is possible inasmuch as we believe.欢迎来到中国
Re: Nigerian Students In China by mayokhun(m): 7:59pm On Aug 14, 2017
usqoh:

Pls when does the Chinese embassy open for visa collection.. I heard its on Tuesdays and Thursdays.. How true is this

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (114) (Reply)

Oau Postgraduate Harmattan Semester Form Sale Is Out / Names Of Tuition Free Universities In Norway, Canada And Sweden / Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.