Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,494 members, 7,823,156 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? (51385 Views)

Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign / Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Edusouls(m): 8:32am On Apr 10, 2015
naijaboiy:
So they want to wait till they receive 1million as salary first? undecided
yees i dont blame men, the type of women we have nowadays,they are too materialistic,they are hurricane, they hate to manage..
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Edusouls(m): 8:38am On Apr 10, 2015
edozie04:
80k? seriously? that money can finish in my hands under 1hour
Mordified:I wonder why Nigerians like thinking with their an.us, do I have to be irresponsible to spend 80k under an hour? There are goods and services that can be carried out and those goods and services can be done under an hour and also spend more than 80k
hahaha boaster, 80k finishing in ur hands in one hour, so then how much do you generate in a month..maybe self you dont even have a 10,000 job,u re here making noise..make i hear word.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Edusouls(m): 8:42am On Apr 10, 2015
Sophyrocks:

So why didnt the numerous children of the poor open doors for them? The numerous children homeless on the streets under bridge around the country nko? why didnt they make the parents rich overnight? Such a belief is for Naive myopic people. Its always good for us to be realistic about life. Do you know the huge chunk a single child slashes from somebody's salary? As the child grows, the expenses increase. This country is over populated already. we need serious population control.
well said brother, the population is punishing,its exploding, we need to control it, still we dont want to know, as our women breed like rats they use child bearing as competition...
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Edusouls(m): 8:46am On Apr 10, 2015
Thats why so many people are into fraud and shady business.

Everyone wants to be rich now now.

What is wrong in humble beginnings, marrying the right woman and working together to build your home and your career?

You even stand a better chance of marrying the right woman when you are struggling, becasue you know she is with you becasue of you and not becasuse of your money. We all see how all sorts of women swarm round rich men. Are they there for him or for his money?

humble beginings which is the normal way of life is dead, we now choose proud beginings which is fueled with the current generation of end time women that exist today..and at end the result is always a big and permanent fall..
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by pinkhill(f): 8:53am On Apr 10, 2015
well said
[size=16pt]Marriage is for the "ready"
If you are not ready and you are earning 500,000 a month,you would still find other excuses..[/size]
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Edusouls(m): 8:55am On Apr 10, 2015
Sophyrocks:

What plan are you talking about when there are expenses such as rent, feeding, transportation to work place to and fro, provision/toiletries in the home, e.t.c? how will you squeeze in the expenses of a child? Except your wife earns more than you do o!! If not that, this kind manage manage life plus squeezing in a child. Haba! Na life of poverty be that now. Dnt just bring in a child to avoid begging people for money. you then become debtor. Its common sense to withhold child bearing with that kind of salary.
see one of those end time women am talking about, how much do u earn right now?am sure not up to 15k monthly, ask ur father did he earn up to 80k b4 marrying ur mum and born u. These poor girls are the worse to go with, they are so greedy for the best,yet they have nothing to offer. what do u mean by manage manage, and who does not manage in this world,and i know it would be worse in ur very wretched home..if u dont want to manage then go and steal, and dont look for a man to put into misery to bring millions for you, that ur very poor dad couldnt provide for you...endtime girls..

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by funshwo(m): 8:56am On Apr 10, 2015
My fellow citizen, I don't want to know the level of your wife to be income or what she earn's per month. Do not make yourself a lazy man & lose the oppourtunity you have while searching for diamond that is far from you. 80k is even an execss amount to keep you in a family way & still leave a big boyz life with due respect selt discipline & control. Go ahead & perfect your marriage if you have not, have children as the Lord give you but have self control over it; afterall there are several people out there without such income yet the control a family thus yours is better option today. I wish you the best.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Edusouls(m): 8:57am On Apr 10, 2015
pinkhill:
well said
your are right pinkhill,tell it to ur fellow greedy and materialistic girls...
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Larryjay4u: 9:19am On Apr 10, 2015
Sophyrocks:

So just because a child brightens a home, you should just bring one into the world not minding if you can cater for that child? Do you know how much you spend to ensure your child is healthy? I want a breakdown on how a man earning 80k with a wife who earns less will manage with a child plus all other expenses in the home without one aspect or other suffering.

U need to understand that money is not the main thing that keeps a marriage. Proper management even with less salary can cater for you and your family. Let me give you a living example. Not only is my salary not up to 80k but my wife though a graduate earns far less. Yet we have a bouncing baby boy that is over a year. Do you know what? We already saved enough to cater for his education for 2 years and even investing in properties. The secret? Marry a wife that is prudent, intelligent and loving. Ask me for more and I will tell you.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by WILSON(f): 9:21am On Apr 10, 2015

Tithes = 8, 000
Monthly House Rent = 10, 000
Monthly Feeding expenses = 20, 000 please buy foodstuff in bulk
Medical = 7, 000 ( God helping you might not sick)
Clothing = 10, 000 ( You might not buy cloths every months)
Transportation & R.Cards 10, 000
Savings = 10, 000
Entertainment = 5000
Madam Pocket money = 5, 000

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Ogamazi: 9:27am On Apr 10, 2015
I earn less than 80k par month, married late last year, just bought a car, live in a very clean/ conducive environment, and we are very comfortable. Wifey work sha and has been very very very supportive. Is not about how much you earn that makes marriage comfortable but when you marry your own God's approved wife then you will begin to see that He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord is not just mere words but REAL.
Jesus is Lord!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by pinkhill(f): 9:38am On Apr 10, 2015
there was no need to call out girls you don't know what their story tells....i dont appreciate such comment.you start from telling the females around you and i am sure it will get to the other girls you are referring to
Edusouls:
your are right pinkhill,tell it to ur fellow greedy and materialistic girls...

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by innobarca(m): 9:44am On Apr 10, 2015
Its really bad if everyone is talking like dis in Nigeria,even some girls are also saying 80k is not enough...men do suffer here BC of de type of women dey date and marry i noticed.
It is really bad,80k is average income per month as far as Nigeria is concerned.
I don't know how one can not survive wit 80k a month with a family anywhere here in Nigeria... Men....take dis advice,date or marry de women dat will help u cut down on expenses and not dose DAT want a Samsung galaxy note for example

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by usmanma(m): 9:49am On Apr 10, 2015
hmmmm...80k to start up a family,YES its possible..boh dts wen u received 80k for at least 1and half -2yrs,by den u must av saved enough to settle down...save at least 50k every month
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by whocanbewho(m): 9:50am On Apr 10, 2015
thorpido:
N80k(man)+N60k(wife) is N1.68m per year.
If rent is N150k per year,transport is N16k per month,for both of them(N192k per year).Food if they manage well will be about N70k per mth(N840k per year).
They will spend about N1.3m on their own expenditure.
nice analysis bt that 1.68m per year could even be lower. Coz most of these ladies grew up with the notion that the man provides. Even if she'll contribute she'll never wanna contribute 100% of her salary except a very undestanding and considerate wife. Its the man's cross really!
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by buJu234: 10:05am On Apr 10, 2015
it all depend on ur location; and where u office is.

if its Lagos and u stay and work in the suburban areas like Igando; Iyano Iba; after awoyaya etc; downward then u can even married and feed 2 kids comfortably with 70-80k.

but if u work in the Island and u stay in places like Oshodi; Ikeja; Ajah; Surulere etc ; then u cant even survive with that alone not to talk abt adding a wife.

If u re outside Lagos; make sure u dont stay at the city center then u re fine; after most civil servants that are posted outside lagos earn with 70k-150k per mth and they living large.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Vicktorray: 10:07am On Apr 10, 2015
[size=16pt]Marriage is for the "ready"
If you are not ready and you are earning 500,000 a month,you would still find other excuses..[/size]

It's very simple.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by ITbomb(m): 10:12am On Apr 10, 2015
simplex2:

I support you jare! I'm single, I live and work in Lag and earn just a little above that amount: there is no way 80k can sustain a man, a wife (that isn't working) and a kid! If you're earning that amount in uyo, markurdi, owerri or anyother state apart from Lag, FCT and Ph, you can give it a try. But I'm saying this with all sincerity and truthfulness: 80k can only sustain you and a wife: add a child and you're edging into poverty.

Check out my expenses:

After pension and tax, I'm left with 82k.

Accommodation: set aside 15k monthly (and that's just for a mini-flat far from work, and not too okk for a family of 3).

Transportation: 22k monthly (there's no cutting corners here, work at island and can't afford house there, so got to make do with a house far from work)

Are you adding it up already?

Feeding: 12k per month (yes, I've done all permutations and combinations, it can't be less than this. I'm prudent in my feeding, I cook 3 times a month and stock in fridge, I take food to work from home).

Now those are the 3 major things: 12k + 22k + 15k = 49k «Remaining 33k»
So far, these are basic expenses that must be made.

Set out 15k for housekeeping: Gotv (1,5k), toiletries, generator, bills (phcn, sanitation etc), gas etc.

Set out 3k for BB subscription and recharge cards.

15k is all that is left.
Let's forget about drinking on friday nights, taking urself out once a month: let's just assume I'm a zombie with no social life.

15k is remaining...now add a 'non-working' wife:

Feeding increases, more toiletries, allowance for wifey (weavon, pedicure+manicure, make-up etc) all from the 15k.
Medical insurance from work covers my medical bills and will also cover hers: so no need for that one.

Of course you can manage all the salary...but add children to the equation and everything changes.

So for those of you that feels 80k is enough, kindly go through my list and point out where I over spent and what I could have saved from there.

With a working wife, you would agree with me that it is possible.

I can also see that cos your situation, tp is getting more than its fair share, so like I said, with a 500 a day tp = 15k including weekends and a working wife, it is very possible to start a family with that income
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by zeongeon: 10:15am On Apr 10, 2015
Please as a man if your not earning up to 100-150k please don't marry. That's just the truth. The country is hard and things are getting expensive by the day and not to talk about all other responsibilities that come with marriage.

Before you marry as a man make sure u have money to comfortably cater for ur wife. Don't buy the idea of if ur wife is working rather buy the idea of you being financially capable first of taking care of urself and ur woman..

Remember your a man ooh and u should live by the code of ur ancestors they where capable of taking care of themselves and a woman first before marriage and never had there mind on whether the woman is working or not.

Finally, if u don't earn enough to take care of urself and ur needs as a man then do not MARRY.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by thorpido(m): 10:19am On Apr 10, 2015
whocanbewho:
nice analysis bt that 1.68m per year could even be lower. Coz most of these ladies grew up with the notion that the man provides. Even if she'll contribute she'll never wanna contribute 100% of her salary except a very undestanding and considerate wife. Its the man's cross really!
That's true.In that case the man should take care of the essentials.It's the women who want more things in the house anyway so if she chooses to keep her money,the man does not need to spend more than he can afford.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by AKMoney1(m): 10:24am On Apr 10, 2015
Haaaa, Hmmmm..... It's not that easy ooo but I agree with some comments above sha but don't forget families issues too, they will come for help too.

Make lots of money and be financially secured if you wanna get married, don't depends on only what you receive at the end of the month biko, some unforseen circumstances will make you wanna hang yourself later.
My grandma always tell me that as a man, what you carry between ur legs is responsibilities. cheesy

Lastly, there's no point in raising family without savings for future purpose. My kids ain't gonna pass through what I passed through, they better chill with baba God small and thank me later.

Thank you. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by simplex2: 10:31am On Apr 10, 2015
ITbomb:

With a working wife, you would agree with me that it is possible.

I can also see that cos your situation, tp is getting more than its fair share, so like I said, with a 500 a day tp = 15k including weekends and a working wife, it is very possible to start a family with that income

Well, the topic didn't include a working wife. If the wife is bringing in 15k after her own transport expenses, then its a good start.

Meanwhile, sometimes when the traffic is heavy, 500 can't take me to work; much more using 500 a day for the to-and-fro journey.

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Dyt(f): 10:35am On Apr 10, 2015
AKMoney1:
Haaaa,

Dyt cum here wink

Cum ke?
Abeg I no dey
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by AKMoney1(m): 10:36am On Apr 10, 2015
Dyt:

Cum ke?
Abeg I no dey

Lol see her...... lipsrsealed
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Dyt(f): 10:37am On Apr 10, 2015
AKMoney1:

Lol see her...... lipsrsealed

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by AKMoney1(m): 10:39am On Apr 10, 2015
Dyt:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

O ti ye e wink
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by pasol4real(m): 10:58am On Apr 10, 2015

I know of people who even earn less and have a family.
It depends on how they spend their money and what their priorities are
A serious couple can make do with this especially if you live outside of Lagos, PH and Abuja
How much is rent in Oshogbo?
i also know of a Man dat earns 25k per month n has à family.but its the standard of living that really matters .
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by GentleFrank(m): 11:17am On Apr 10, 2015
Even if you are being paid over N1,000,000 monthly, a salary still remains a salary. The source can be short-lived at anytime. You can loose that sweet job within the twinkle of an eye. As for me, the best option is for you to have other personal investments over which you have full control irrespective of their sizes and the volume of income you realize from them monthly. At least, it gives you that independence as a man to build and manage your family smoothly. Start a business today and attain your financial freedom. To marry a wife and make a home you need to be matured in 2 major aspects - intellectually and financially. Then, others things, qualifications and eligibility factors can follow. This will make you a responsible and real man of the house !

••• Speaking from http://www.BusinessParrot.com

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Applaner: 11:29am On Apr 10, 2015

I know of people who even earn less and have a family.
It depends on how they spend their money and what their priorities are
A serious couple can make do with this especially if you live outside of Lagos, PH and Abuja
How much is rent in Oshogbo?

don't mind dem

wen de total of a couple's salary in civil service is not up to 60,000 and dey are still happily married
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by MrEverest(m): 11:30am On Apr 10, 2015
abdulwastecx:

the question is what percentage of Nigeria take home 80k.... less than 10%
My God! I'm humbled to say the least from the comments I'm reading here. I live in the East, I'm an entrepreneur/businesses man making an average of 150,000 naira per month and lives in a studio/selfcontained apartment and not yet married but the funny thing is that I consider myself not rich enough to get married and have been working hard to increase my earnings but here are folks telling me that 80,000 naira is enough shocked shocked Now I get it, the reason why I'm not contented could be because I benchmark myself against a few old course mates of mine who were opportune to get work with the oil companies. Wow, so I,m even a comfortable middle income earner by Nigerian standard
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by MiztarMatthew(m): 12:13pm On Apr 10, 2015
80k is ok. . . Atleast start from somewhere80k is ok. . . Atleast start from somewhere80k is ok. . . Atleast start from somewhere. Rome is not built in one day
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by talk2eshin(m): 12:55pm On Apr 10, 2015
And it is THE BLESSING that makes rich and adds no sorrow with it! proverbs 10:22.
My Story:
Graduated and started working as a systems engineer in 2010 here in lagos, with 40k as salary.
Got married in 2011(salary still 40k)
Wife in school (so no financial contribution from her)
God gave me a baby in 2013(Salary 62k)
Started my building project (salary 62k)
Presently using my 2nd car toyota camry(salary now 66,500)

So what are we talking about here? 80k, I am yet to receive that as salary, IT IS JUST GOD AND GOD ALONE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! / Nigerian Man Proudly Shows Off His 2 Wives (pics/video) / FathersDay: Woman Buys Rolls-Royce For Husband

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.