Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,301 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? (51388 Views)

Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign / Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
afuye:
You are caused then. You need a pastor tb Joshua
modified
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
illiad:

Lol and you're here in nairaland ?
And so?
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by trenty: 11:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
[color=#000099][/color].
that money Is very much ok to start a family even with kids
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
uchennn:

Nobody wants to know how your budget looks like. Just simply type the two letter word 'NO'
No famzing here
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 09, 2015
austertee01:

Yes Nau... Saw u at Escape, VI last weekend with 2 bottles of vodka... 38k each
very funny

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 09, 2015
Holmes07:
angry
Why do i find it so hard to believe diz lie??
modified
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
byrron:

Hope u also make more than that/ hour? just asking

modified
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
temmym4:

Damn! how wasteful can you be? some people who made it to the top today never really had up to that amount when they started. But with time, proper planning and management, they became someone you respect today.
A man should Learn to be serious and disciplined, or else you will find out your mates have acquired a lot while you have proven to be useless. by this time it might be too late.

Money na visitor o. when it comes, be smart enough to utilise it wisely by tying down so much with it. cos when it leaves, it might not be a funny experience and its coming back might not be as easy as Seun smiling on his nairaland profile.
modified
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 09, 2015
Godson32:
Who we go ask?
ask God
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
talk2valen:

You need help.
modified
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
osayuking:
only you ₪a Dangote group of company
very funny
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
Greg2015:
Thats ur own cup of tea........quote author=edozie04 post=28578374]80k? seriously? that money can finish in my hands under 1hour
I send you
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 09, 2015
Xynthialuvy:
Really?
modified

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by istorenig(f): 11:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
Anyone saying 80k is to small for a start is suffering from mental slavery. I earned less than 80k a month within 2yrs am happily married my wife had nothing doing wen i got married her.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
abdulwastecx:

Nigeria is a poor third world country with per capital income of less than $3000.
Averagely a Nigerian will earn = 3000 x 200 = N600,000 /annum. which will translate into = N50,000 per month.

if you earn N80,000/month then you a middle income class Nigeria.

i earn less than that and i'm happily married
very good
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Tuatara(m): 12:07am On Apr 10, 2015
Some of you are either ignorant of current Nigerian realities or naive and delusional. With 80k per month even if your wife is not working, u can start a family. Have you forgotten that people get promoted as time goes on? Will their salaries remain d same forever? Most civil servants start working with about that amount. In fact I have many friends that are paid less but are living comfortably with their wives. It's all about planning. And of course, your location and your wife's home management ability matter too.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Prospero01(m): 12:09am On Apr 10, 2015
Well I guess many of U guys re
1 Below 30 years
2 Still in school
3 Still bin feed by dia parents.
That said, 80K will sustain any family. Not disclosing how much I earn, my company just like every other company has an insurance scheme,health package wic allows me,my wife and four kids to free medical care among other benefits. Dia is also what the profit sharing @the end of the year. With 150k ur wife can start a good business. Many of U lots re day dreamer calculating this and that. Wait till U working. Thank God for who and wia I am. Wait till U earn 3m per annum before U marry. The most expensive thing in marriage is "YES I DO"
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Tuatara(m): 12:29am On Apr 10, 2015
[quote author=humilitypays post=32535742]One annoying but interesting thing about nairaland is; kids, teens and grown boys/girls just come here to type whatever they feel will increase their reputation and make people rate them high, whereas in reality, it isn't like that.

80% if not 90% of Nigerians are living and raising decent family with less than 80k per month, so what are we talking about here

When will our youths stop these their greed and quest for instant material wealth Every success in life comes with time not instant!!

Most civil servants in Nigeria today earn less than 80k per month after deductions...same with bankers and even those working in big firms you hear about and even wish to be like.

At least the guy earning 80k per month won't get married as soon as he gets the work...he will have to give himself some time; say 1yr or 2 b4 getting married...and within that period, he should be able to save some money to buy a car, have a backup savings (at least 500k) which can help ease off the financial stress when he gets married.

80k per month isn't a bad income to start up a family...its just that we Nigerians of the 21st century wants to start running from the very day our mama gives birth to us, and life doesn't work that way!

To the single ladies, don't be discourage by the nonsense some people are typing here just to appear posh or big, 80k per month is enough to start a decent family, so don't wait till a guy earning 100k and above comes around to marry u because that guy earning 80k now will sure grow in his career and earns more.

The worst is not having something doing...but once a man has something legal and decent doing, and finds an understand/wise lady who agrees with him, he should get married and pray to God for growth.

To the students reading, pray that you find a job when u graduate because we have more capable hands waiting to work than jobs available...and only very few jobs pay up to 80k per month in Nigeria of today.

Remember, in career...you grow as you get more experience, and u stand higher chance of securing a bigger job when u have a relevant work experience...so to the unemployed graduates, pls don't wait for 100k per month job before u start your career...if you see 40k that will give u the opportunity of getting relevant work xprence, pls take it and start.

I started with something less than 40k a few years back and today, I have advanced beyond that...some of my friends and colleagues started with 30k, 35k, 45k and some are earning 100k, 150k, 200k. 200+ today, just after 2 - 4years of working.

Success comes with patience, positive attitude, faith, consistency and smart work....don't wait to start big, start small and aim high, God, nature and time will take u to where you belong.

Pls don't allow peoples' boastful and bragging comments on nairaland and on any social media platform discourage you from getting started in life; all fingers aren't equal...only time will tell who will be who in life.

Wish you all the best, use your wisdom:

God bless u, you have said it all.

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by simplex2: 12:39am On Apr 10, 2015
Sophyrocks:

I still stick to my opinion. No need for back and forth fruitless arguments! Dnt give birth to kids you cnt cater for. simple!

I support you jare! I'm single, I live and work in Lag and earn just a little above that amount: there is no way 80k can sustain a man, a wife (that isn't working) and a kid! If you're earning that amount in uyo, markurdi, owerri or anyother state apart from Lag, FCT and Ph, you can give it a try. But I'm saying this with all sincerity and truthfulness: 80k can only sustain you and a wife: add a child and you're edging into poverty.

Check out my expenses:

After pension and tax, I'm left with 82k.

Accommodation: set aside 15k monthly (and that's just for a mini-flat far from work, and not too okk for a family of 3).

Transportation: 22k monthly (there's no cutting corners here, work at island and can't afford house there, so got to make do with a house far from work)

Are you adding it up already?

Feeding: 12k per month (yes, I've done all permutations and combinations, it can't be less than this. I'm prudent in my feeding, I cook 3 times a month and stock in fridge, I take food to work from home).

Now those are the 3 major things: 12k + 22k + 15k = 49k «Remaining 33k»
So far, these are basic expenses that must be made.

Set out 15k for housekeeping: Gotv (1,5k), toiletries, generator, bills (phcn, sanitation etc), gas etc.

Set out 3k for BB subscription and recharge cards.

15k is all that is left.
Let's forget about drinking on friday nights, taking urself out once a month: let's just assume I'm a zombie with no social life.

15k is remaining...now add a 'non-working' wife:

Feeding increases, more toiletries, allowance for wifey (weavon, pedicure+manicure, make-up etc) all from the 15k.
Medical insurance from work covers my medical bills and will also cover hers: so no need for that one.

Of course you can manage all the salary...but add children to the equation and everything changes.

So for those of you that feels 80k is enough, kindly go through my list and point out where I over spent and what I could have saved from there.
Cc ITBOMB
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 1:01am On Apr 10, 2015
Trottle:
Stoop you say? yet those "working city babe" would continue to lament about husband scarcity.
Maybe they will. Maybe not. But I was being mildly sarcastic.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by adewalesegun: 1:07am On Apr 10, 2015
I got married without a job; I got a job after 3wks of marriage. My wife lost her job and I earn 70k/month. We have a baby living a 3 bedroom flat of N120k and we are okay. It's a decision making attitude.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 1:42am On Apr 10, 2015
80k in lagos to get married is suicidal
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 1:44am On Apr 10, 2015
adewalesegun:
I got married without a job; I got a job after 3wks of marriage. My wife lost her job and I earn 70k/month. We have a baby living a 3 bedroom flat of N120k and we are okay. It's a decision making attitude.

Bros, no vex o. But who financed your wedding? Maybe we can learn from you
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by arimahoseloka(m): 1:53am On Apr 10, 2015
Lol. do u guys know what u are saying sef? how many couples earn up to 80k put together in Nigeria? people with even 15k salary have families in this country.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Espice(m): 2:31am On Apr 10, 2015
Hey Mr Edozie04, stop displaying your extravagant lifestyle on Nairaland! Now, a sensible, reasonable, and responsible individual will not spend all his/her first salary from a job straight up on any form of goods or services (including paying for a rent or what have you).
Now look at it this way, you never had a job all along, and all of a sudden you got a job and you'll immediately spend your first salary, say 80k, on renting an apartment? So how do you feed for the rest of the month? How will you pay for transportation to work? Can you now see how unreasonable your argument about responsible/irresponsible spending habit is?
edozie04:
I can spend 80k for houserent for a year, have I not spent that under 1hour? minutes sef, even seconds
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 2:37am On Apr 10, 2015
Espice:
Hey Mr Edozie04, stop displaying your extravagant lifestyle on Nairaland! Now, a sensible, reasonable, and responsible individual will not spend all his/her first salary from a job straight up on any form of goods or services (including paying for a rent or what have you).
Now look at it this way, you never had a job all along, and all of a sudden you got a job and you'll immediately spend your first salary, say 80k, on renting an apartment? So how do you feed for the rest of the month? How will you pay for transportation to work? Can you now see how unreasonable your argument about responsible/irresponsible spending habit is?
Individuals with their various ways of assimilation, since you cannot decipher the simple statement I leave you with your understanding
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 3:20am On Apr 10, 2015
Lol..thanks bro.

emzosm:
. Liz u don marry?sensible woman here, let dose water mouth boys dat hasn't enter d labour market be talking nonsence[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by echelons(m): 3:49am On Apr 10, 2015
It's all about contentment and being psychologically ready for marriage.
Lots of ppl don't even earn up to that amount in Nigeria, yet marriages still happen every week.
I read a lot of people saying it's impossible to marry with that salary level in Lagos, Abuja and PH but I stay in Abuja too.
Most civil servant's salaries are in that region and they live and are making comfortable families here too.
You must not stay in Asokoro, Maitama, Garki, Wuse... There are so many outskirts and villages too.
Cut your coat according to your material.
Enjoy life.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Mussypie: 3:58am On Apr 10, 2015
It depends on the state they ∂ȓε̲̣̣̣̥ living in. Some states it can be managed but in some high standard states that money cannot meet ends.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nelrulez(m): 4:45am On Apr 10, 2015
dmahn:
This argument came up in my hostel when we started to discuss about the current job opportunities in the country and their salaries.. We then ventured into the banking sector sector in which a brother said those accountants collect just 80k per month... He said the money is so foolish and so low that he can't marry a wife with that amount of money.. I counter him and based my own argument on the fact that the money is manageable and I ll set up a marriage and start a life with it..Some agreed with my decision while others are like neva will they marry with data on d ground that it's to low to survive... I believed that everyone has its own philosophy of tot... My question is directed majorly to the graduated ones... . Based on the limited job opportunities and low salary for d available ones, Is 80k manageable to start a living or not...Pls comment with reasons.... Thanks
It all depends on your location, in states like Lagos, PH, Fct etc it's not advisable because the cost of living is a bit high but in some other states, I can bet it you will live comfortably and raise a family with that amount but don't let's pray for such a meagre salary to start with, there nothing bad in starting with a million buck

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by PLEXPLEX(m): 4:47am On Apr 10, 2015
a foolish man cant even start with 1million .
JUST LIKE MAN DOES NOT LIVe by bread along, cash isn't the only thing needed to start a family.
If u ve God, love, patience, knowledge then wisdom. I tell u, u can even start with something less
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by akin3102(m): 4:48am On Apr 10, 2015
Simplex killed it all..any income can sustain a family dat depends on what you want.Have seen comments on civil servants salary.mind you, many civil servants are into shady businesses..collecting bribe in office to sign documents or increasing payment fee for transaction.dats why we are where we are as a nation.#corruption#.dat asides..people surviving with 80K in Lagos shd please tell us where they live and their office location..you will discover that the man is a mile from his grave..Many families surviving with such an amount have ungodly other source of income. Like I said any income can survive a family depends on individual..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! / Nigerian Man Proudly Shows Off His 2 Wives (pics/video) / FathersDay: Woman Buys Rolls-Royce For Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.