Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,561 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

An Atheist's Letter To God. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Atheist's Letter To God. (5520 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by philfearon(m): 11:26am On Dec 09, 2014
5minsmadness:

This is the answer you gave..

Its simple, really. You have to get rid of that 'kindergarten Christianity ' your CRS teacher taught you. Adam wasn't the first man that God created.
Its right there in the bible but its amazing how many people miss it.

God created man on the 6th day, man and woman he created him, men and women he created them. And he set them on the surface of the earth and gave them dominion and said to them "be fruitful and multlply..." You get it.

On the 7th day God rested. Creation story over.
Okay...End of creation, right...Yet,below you started contradicting yourself again:

Then wayyyy over in chapter 2 God creates a man(one, singluar special man) and places him in the garden of Eden. He eventually gives that man a woman(eve) and they have sons . Cain kills Abel over a small matter of acceptance and he is sent into exile by God.
It didn't occur to you that In this creation account, the earth was void again,there was nothing in it,and man was the first thing he created whereas woman was the last thing he created?

But Cain knows he is going to where other men are...unruly men that will kill him at the drop of a hat. So he begs God to have pity on him. God answers by marking Cain with a special mark so that any other man who sees Cain will not kill him. That is how Cain survived outside the borders of Eden. That is also where Cain gets his wife from.
Where then did this people come from?

Compare genesis 1:27 with Genesis 2:7

[i]Genesis 1:27New International Version (NIV)
So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them

Genesis 2:7-9New International Version (NIV)

7 Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

8 Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. 9 The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil

C'est finis.
Maybe you didn't see this in your own bible:
4 These are the generations of the heavens
and of the earth when they were created, in the
day that the LORD God made the earth and
the heavens,
5 And every plant of the field before it was in
the earth, and every herb of the field before it
grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to
rain upon the earth, and there was not a man
to till the ground.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by philfearon(m): 11:29am On Dec 09, 2014
5minsmadness:

Oh and by the way, the reason you think there is a discrepancy is because you and a host of other folk interpreted it wrongly. It's a straightforward story which I will try and explain again in a nutshell for correctness sake.

The FIRST Creation account is the creation of the world.

The so called SECOND creation account is the creation of Eden.

Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2 do not come into play here at all. That issue does not concern you as a human being neither does it concern your salvation if you want it.

Just take time out and Read from Gen 1:27, down to Gen 2. Realise that God had finished creating the world and all that was in it before he paid special attention to placing a man in the garden of Eden and animals for him to name and dominate. Adam wasn't the first man, but Adam represented mankind in that he was specially made and cared for by God.

I don't think I can explain it more than this.
Check my last reply!!
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by 5minsmadness: 11:48am On Dec 09, 2014
philfearon:

This is the answer you gave..

Okay...End of creation, right...Yet,below you started contradicting yourself again:

It didn't occur to you that In this creation account, the earth was void again,there was nothing in it,and man was the first thing he created whereas woman was the last thing he created?

Where then did this people come from?

Maybe you didn't see this in your own bible:
4 These are the generations of the heavens
and of the earth when they were created, in the
day that the LORD God made the earth and
the heavens,
5 And every plant of the field before it was in
the earth, and every herb of the field before it
grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to
rain upon the earth, and there was not a man
to till the ground.

I want to believe you didn't read my last post.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by 5minsmadness: 12:00pm On Dec 09, 2014
There isn't one creation story but TWO. These two are not one story told in two different ways but two Separate stories, one happening AFTER the other! Its as simple as ABC.

Even if we want to wade into the mess of Gen 1:1 and 1:2 , it still shows that Adam wasn't the first man in the world and that there were many settlements beyond the borders of Eden which is where Cain got his wife.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by philfearon(m): 12:11pm On Dec 09, 2014
5minsmadness:

I want to believe you didn't read my last post.
From your post,it posits that You misunderstood The Creation itself....
There was no continuation anything bro..Both are different!!!
Unless you understand What happened between Gen1v1 and Gen1v2,then you will continue in your error and Misconception....
Finally,never think or mistake that I believe that Fairytale of Eden even though am taking the time to clarify things with you....
Every tribe in this World have their own Creation story fairytale,and none is more correct than the other!!
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by 5minsmadness: 1:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
philfearon:

From your post,it posits that You misunderstood The Creation itself....
There was no continuation anything bro..Both are different!!!
Unless you understand What happened between Gen1v1 and Gen1v2,then you will continue in your error and Misconception....
Finally,never think or mistake that I believe that Fairytale of Eden even though am taking the time to clarify things with you....
Every tribe in this World have their own Creation story fairytale,and none is more correct than the other!!

5minsmadness:

1. Easy request. But you and I know that you will NEVER be satisfied with any of the answers l give.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by philfearon(m): 4:10pm On Dec 09, 2014
5minsmadness:

^^^,That is not an escape route for you bro..I believe it goes both ways..
I gave you the audience you required,and you did your explanations which I showed you the flaws in it,and to which you didn't agree to cuz you believe your explanations was better(Which it wasn't..You just said what other Christians say,what I use to say per se).....
You said the OP questions were easy,yet u didn't give any convincing answer to its first question....
But we are not true yet, There are other questions there, give your answers to them too; You said you know them All remember?
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by 5minsmadness: 4:52pm On Dec 09, 2014
philfearon:

I gave you the audience you required,and you did your explanations which I showed you the flaws in it,and to which you didn't agree to cuz you believe your explanations was better(Which it wasn't..You just said what other Christians say,what I use to say per se).....
You said the OP questions were easy,yet u didn't give any convincing answer to its first question....
But we are not true yet, There are other questions there, give your answers to them too; You said you know them All remember?
What's the point? You won't accept any of the answers anyway.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by 5minsmadness: 4:56pm On Dec 09, 2014
^^^
I took time out to explain the whole thing for you, used up almost an entire page and your end answer was you don't believe in Eden. So why should I bother with the rest. You think I am looking for an escape route so I decided to humour you and stick around and at the end of the day the discussion was fruitless.

Believe whatever you want to believe. Say whatever you want to say to make yourself feel good. Have the last word. I'm not humouring you anymore.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by philfearon(m): 5:01pm On Dec 09, 2014
5minsmadness:

What's the point? You won't accept any of the answers anyway.
We aren't talking just to ourselves,are we?
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by 5minsmadness: 5:03pm On Dec 09, 2014
philfearon:

What I am interested in though is you showing me where else you have seen my explanation since you said I just said what any other christian would say. I AM VERY SURE I taught you a new thing in this thread but you are TOO PROUD to admit it.

Secondly it wasn't the op's first question. It was the 14th question. And I sort of answered other questions in the process.

The good news is ... Anyone who isn't biased will see the answers I gave and will be able to connect the dots. But not you. You are determined to prove me wrong, so you wont see an answer even if its right in front of you.
Good luck.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by philfearon(m): 5:15pm On Dec 09, 2014
5minsmadness:

What I am interested in though is you showing me where else you have seen my explanation since you said I just said what any other christian would say. I AM VERY SURE I taught you a new thing in this thread but you are TOO PROUD to admit it.

Secondly it wasn't the op's first question. It was the 14th question. And I sort of answered other questions in the process.

The good news is ... Anyone who isn't biased will see the answers I gave and will be able to connect the dots. But not you. You are determined to prove me wrong, so you wont see an answer even if its right in front of you.
Good luck.
Lol....
I wonder what is it you are sure you taught me.....
Let's set something straight though, only your fellow Christians will try to make a point from what you are saying as no reasonable person will....
Judging from the answers you gave:

1)You submit that Adam was created differently from the rest of Humanity first creation..In other words,that other people were living then,then he decided to create Adam separately;
2)That the garden was the main purpose of the second creation account...
But you forgot that prior to both creation accounts, The earth was totally void...
You also forget that Your God didn't remember again that Adam needed a companion like himself,unlike in the first creation account where he created them all male and female...
How could that be?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don't Break The Hedge. / Happy Palm Sunday / Soyinka: Posers For An Atheist At 77

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.