Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,410 members, 7,836,644 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

An Atheist's Letter To God. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Atheist's Letter To God. (5516 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by honourhim: 8:37pm On Dec 04, 2014
obiZEAL:

more questions seeking simple honest answers and not insult and threats...if only someone can get God to answer these unending questions himself.

You had the time to discover the questions you raised in the bible. If you are honest enough in your demand for answers then you should take another time again and go through the bible to discover how you can hear from God and get your answers. Dont be lazy bro. Finish the job you have started if you are honestly in need of answers from God. Except you are making the usual noise that atheists make which of course sounds like an old cracking record. We are not moved by such noise.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 04, 2014
Wow...Wow...Wow.

You rendered me speechless.

The only thing I can say about this is that 90% of your questions have answers; the other 10%......He is God. We are humans. His ways are not ours. His power, might, creative ability, wisdom and love should humble ours.

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by honourhim: 9:32pm On Dec 04, 2014
MzNelly:
Wow...Wow...Wow.

You rendered me speechless.

The only thing I can say about this is that 90% of your questions have answers; the other 10%......He is God. We are humans. His ways are not ours. His power, might, creative ability, wisdom and love should humble ours.

My dear, its over 90% that have answers(even 100%) but he cant take the steps to get the answers. Their own na to dey talk cho cho cho..... Armchair critics.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by undercat: 11:43pm On Dec 04, 2014
5minsmadness:

I don't get you. Were they expecting an imperfect God to create the complexity around them?
Atheists are a confused bunch if so.

They expect a perfect God to make everything perfect or to at least prevent suffering.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by Nobody: 1:44am On Dec 05, 2014
undercat:

They expect a perfect God to make everything perfect or to at least prevent suffering.

suffering is part of human life my friend, it is a 'training' process. Show me a great man in history that did not suffer.

Also if you could expantiate on what you call 'suffering', your question will be clearer to us becausea child that has the love of his parents and has everything provided for will tell you he his suffering when he is being spanked for a wrong doing, a person that is addicted to something will tell you he/she is suffering if he/she can't afford what their addicted to e.g. Cocaine, alcohol,etc.
Hope you get my point
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by undercat: 2:00am On Dec 05, 2014
TheTerrible:

suffering is part of human life my friend, it is a 'training' process. Show me a great man in history that did not suffer.

Also if you could expantiate on what you call 'suffering', your question will be clearer to us becausea child that has the love of his parents and has everything provided for will tell you he his suffering when he is being spanked for a wrong doing, a person that is addicted to something will tell you he/she is suffering if he/she can't afford what their addicted to e.g. Cocaine, alcohol,etc.
Hope you get my point

Well the examples you mentioned are also suffering but we can even leave them and say suffering refers to the instances where you have no blame in your predicament.

Like you said, suffering is a part of human life and that is precisely what makes some wonder whether such a state of things is compatible with a perfect God.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by Nobody: 2:33am On Dec 05, 2014
undercat:

hey,hey, He made everything perfect and gave man dominion over it and everything was perfect until man ate the forbidden fruit, look there is nothing bad in them eating it but God told them not to eat it and also satan told them to eat it.
The obeying of satan over God is what makes eating that fruit a sin. By that simple action of 'plucking and munching', man gave over the dominion to satan because who you obey means they have authority over you and everything you and so it is vice versa.
So when man gave satan the dominion given to them, what do you think will happen, satan will negate everything good God has done for man and dominate man. So thats why Jesus came, not to end the suffering but to end the dominion of satan over a man's life thus making anything that happens to man a result of his actions.
Once you believe in Jesus, satan can't come and just do whatever he just wants to do whenever he feels like because he will need a permission from that person and that's where free will comes in, since when God created us He gave us freedom of choice, the individuals will be the one to make the choice whether to allow satan into their lives again or not!
Each decision having it distinct result, if the individual allow satan entry into their life, the individual will have no choice but to do the will of satan and the individuals life will be miserable and since what we do affect others as humans, both the individuals life, those under the individuals care/responsibility becomes miserable, the lives of those who they make contact with will also be miserable and you see a chain reaction has started off by one simple but 'delicate' decision.
The only thing satan can give you is what he has not what he has not, he will give you unnecessary pleasures of life butat what cost. Living the just life of pleasure can be disastrous! When a person is enjoying satans gift, of course, the person will be happy but not joyful, everything looks calm but the person is always fidgetint looking for what will be lurking the next moment.
That why the world is a miserable place because when satan is a person's benefactor, whatever satan asks of him, he will have to give him even if it to commit heinous crimes, why? because he doesn't what the enjoyment/pleasures to cease. Therefore, the person is always doing satan's bidding.

But if an individual doesn't allow satan into his life, not saying everything will be rosy, he will have peace of mind, joy, etc why? Because he earned whatever he possesses, it didn't just come one day, gbam! And it can't just go way just go away too! Also Jesus will not tell him to go and commit heinous crimes et all and you see the person is living life simple, no complexities. All just the person needs to do is to be in touch with Jesus.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by Nobody: 2:47am On Dec 05, 2014
undercat:

Well the examples you mentioned are also suffering but we can even leave them and say suffering refers to the instances where you have no blame in your predicament.

Like you said, suffering is a part of human life and that is precisely what makes some wonder whether such a state of things is compatible with a perfect God.

@first half of your post, instances please

@second half, God tried the option of giving us dominion on a platter of gold but it didn't work.
So now He is trying the option of we working for the dominion, so we can manage it well, in your heart of hearts, you know it wasn't given to you like that, you earned it, thus, whoever you want to give it to will have to earn it e.g a very good hunter comes home every day with big games and another hunter isn't that fortunate , alright, he gives the hunter part of his games, first time, second time, instead of the third and consecutive times, is it not better that the successful hunter teaches the unsuccessful one where, when and how to huntt big games?

And I won't call that suffering, I will call it responsibility grin
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by Oduduwaboy(m): 6:53am On Dec 05, 2014
SeverusSnape:
Atheists don't believe in the existence of God, why write this to a non-existent entity
Why not respond to those valid concerns ?
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by SeverusSnape(m): 6:56am On Dec 05, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

Why not respond to those valid concerns ?
I can't respond to something that doesn't exist, Can you?
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by philfearon(m): 7:22am On Dec 05, 2014
Simple questions.....They thought their tricks won't be found out Lol!!
Now,truth stares them in the face,but knowing they can't deny it,they keep exposing their cluelessness in public by always trying to derail...That's their new method now;Derail....They start attacking your personality and how useless it is to explain it to someone who doesn't believe...If at all they(Christian ) have Brain,they will know The question isn't meant for any silly universal masquerading God,but a wake up call to reason with Your brain...
Common sense ain't really common these days!!
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by philfearon(m): 7:26am On Dec 05, 2014
SeverusSnape:

It is not a matter of looking for an easy escape route bro....You don't have any explanation for whatever issues the oP raised...It is obvious and it is a fact!! As long as you have a Christian mentality that is!!
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by SeverusSnape(m): 7:41am On Dec 05, 2014
philfearon:

It is not a matter of looking for an easy escape route bro....You don't have any explanation for whatever issues the oP raised...It is obvious and it is a fact!! As long as you have a Christian mentality that is!!
who said I'm a Christian... you can check my other posts
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by philfearon(m): 7:44am On Dec 05, 2014
SeverusSnape:

who said I'm a Christian... you can check my other posts
My post didn't say u are a Christian...
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by SeverusSnape(m): 7:51am On Dec 05, 2014
philfearon:

My post didn't say u are a Christian...
well, you didn't say it directly. But that was what you were implying; I get your point though
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by undercat: 7:57am On Dec 05, 2014
TheTerrible:

@first half of your post, instances please

@second half, God tried the option of giving us dominion on a platter of gold but it didn't work.
So now He is trying the option of we working for the dominion, so we can manage it well, in your heart of hearts, you know it wasn't given to you like that, you earned it, thus, whoever you want to give it to will have to earn it e.g a very good hunter comes home every day with big games and another hunter isn't that fortunate , alright, he gives the hunter part of his games, first time, second time, instead of the third and consecutive times, is it not better that the successful hunter teaches the unsuccessful one where, when and how to huntt big games?

And I won't call that suffering, I will call it responsibility grin

Some instances would be being the victim of a crime or contracting a disease or getting struck by lightning and having to lose a body part.

On the issue of man being responsible for the state of the world by eating the fruit, this explanation still leaves open the question of whether the perfect God could have chosen to create and use such a highly flawed system.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:26am On Dec 05, 2014
SeverusSnape:

Oh! i think i get you now . lol.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by ojaydedon(m): 11:09am On Dec 05, 2014
obiZEAL:
Dear sir, I don't know if the
inhabitants of heaven share
the same time zone with us in
Africa. But since it's morning
over here, I say, good
morning sir.
How is Junior and his virgin
mama? I know Junior is
sitting on the right side of
your throne, but i don't know
who's sitting on your left side.
But whoever it is, extend my
greetings to everyone.
Sir, lots of things have been
puzzling me regarding your
existence, and since I don't
want to ''lean unto my own
understanding'' to solve this
puzzle, I do implore you to
bequest to me your
''spiritual understanding,'' as
panacea to this questions Sir.
I want to know where you
resided before you created
heaven?
Was Melchizedek with you
before you created heaven
and earth? We're told in the
bible that Melchizedek had no
father and mother; that he
had no beginning and end (an
attribute I hitherto thought
was your exclusive right)!
If he had no beginning and
end, how come we're told
Adam was the first man you
created?
You never even told us when
you created hell and the other
planets! You only mentioned
heaven and earth!
Your lordship sir, you said day
and night was created before
the Sun and Moon. How is this
possible sir? It beats me
hollow that you as an
almighty didn't even know
without the earth orbiting the
sun, there would be no day
and night!
You even created plants
before the sun! This is a joke
right? You also admonished
us to eat from every plant and
tree which yield seed!
Including poisonous plants
like Oleander, Night shade and
Hemlock?! You want us
poisoned?! You didn't say this,
did you? Sir, why did you keep
a forbidden fruit to tempt Mr
Adam And Mrs Eve when you
already knew they will eat
from the fruit since you are a
all-knowing God? This
bewilders me sir.
Why didn't you place your
'Angels' around the ''tree of
good and evil'' to prevent
them from eating the
forbidden fruit in the first
place! You forgot? Ohk!!
Regarding the ''curse of Eve,''
you promised every woman
would endure excruciating
child labor pain because of
Eve sin.
Sir! Why do female hyenas
face worse pain in labor than
even humans? Did they ate
forbidden meat or bones?
I'm not questioning your
motives sir, but you could
have done better, at least to
save us from this dramatic
quagmire! Oh! Lest I forget,
did that snake spoke Hebrew,
Arabic, or Aramaic language?
Every time I read the story of
Noah, I wonder how a
''merciful'' father like you
would drown innocent babies
and animals who never
offended you! That you didn't
even feel remorseful about it
makes me shudder!
Don't you think killing all
those innocent ones together
with the 'sinful ones' smacks
of burning a whole room to
kill mosquitoes?
You never told us the people
that were trying to kill Cain
after he killed his brother. You
placed a mark on him so that
people won't hurt him. Who
were these people, since only
three people were on earth
then? And... Where did Cain
get his wife?!
Solomon sacrificed 22,000
oxens and 120,000 sheeps to
you under one week! Sir, you
must be the greatest glutton
I've ever heard of!
I do agree that you're all-
powerful sir because you
create our world in six days!
But, how do I reconcile this
your omnipotence with your
inability to drive out the
inhabitants of the valley,
because they had chariots of
iron?!
If you couldn't defeat those
with 'chariots of iron', What
chance do you have against
our present generation with
high-tech defense shield,
missiles and nuclear
weapons?
Is it also true you 'stilled' the
sun for Joshua to enable him
see clearly to kill more
people? How could that be,
when we know the sun has
always been stationery to
earth?
Sir, replicate those
'thaumaturgies' they did
during those days, now that
we have video cameras! You
know, this could help in
making those wretched
heathen see the light. Explain
to me why heaven is named
NEW JERUSALEM? Explain to
me why only the twelve tribes
of Israel have their names
inscribed on the twelve gates
of heaven?! No African tribe is
good enough? You're very
biased sir! And to think that
you've not upgraded the
weapons of angels in
heaven?! Why do they still use
swords; we're no longer in the
Bronze age you know?
Sir! We have over 5 million
hungry children starving to
death around the world
yearly. And considering you
sent ravens to take food to
Elijah, you also rained Manna
from heaven to feed the
Israelites - why can't you feed
these starving children? I
know you can do it sir!
Lastly, I see you no longer
punish us for trying to reach
heaven with our space ships?
Remember the Tower of
Babel?
Don't see this as
blasphemy sir, I only want
you to know.

op are u an atheist?
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by Hiswordxray(m): 7:04pm On Dec 05, 2014
obiZEAL:

more questions seeking simple honest answers and not insult and threats...if only someone can get God to answer these unending questions himself.
I would have helped you answer the questions but it wasn't address to me but you addressed it to God.
Don't worry God will answer your questions.

2 Likes

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by 5minsmadness: 7:12pm On Dec 05, 2014
Hiswordxray:

I would have helped you answer the questions but it wasn't address to me but you addressed it to God.
Exactly my thought.

1 Like

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by honourhim: 7:39pm On Dec 05, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Don't mind them. They are just living in self deceit. He wrote a letter to God and wants somebody to help him out in getting God to answer. The same bible he quoted contains how he can reach God and get the answers but because of his self deceit life, he already knew he didn't have a sincere motive in writing the letter.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by Hiswordxray(m): 8:44pm On Dec 05, 2014
honourhim:

Don't mind them. They are just living in self deceit. He wrote a letter to God and wants somebody to help him out in getting God to answer. The same bible he quoted contains how he can reach God and get the answers but because of his self deceit life, he already knew he didn't have a sincere motive in writing the letter.
Does this mean we have reconciled?
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by olami100(m): 8:45pm On Dec 05, 2014
that is great @ op!! Because you just made me make lot of reaearch on my bible now.... I dnt knw why u all cant answer a question and not that some christain can reason like this to get some truth.. We are comfortable at pastors and teachers teaching us becos we are too lazy to search and ask questions and Just because somebody is asking a question and geting your opinion doesn't make him a fool and doesn't make you some christain better than him in any way. We christains at times are the biggest opposition!!! If somebody could think and ask such a question. I tink such question needs an answer..if you can't contribute you keep your mouth shut rather than to oppose and intimidate. Some atheist are better than some we christains who can't even think and ask questions.. Because we are too gullible to accept everytin some so called pastors and teachers preach..honestly if we christains reason the way some atheist think and proffer solution to the question then we won't be in this Religious mess in NIGERIA....

5 Likes

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by 5minsmadness: 12:07am On Dec 06, 2014
olami100:
that is great @ op!! Because you just made me make lot of reaearch on my bible now.... I dnt knw why u all cant answer a question and not that some christain can reason like this to get some truth.. We are comfortable at pastors and teachers teaching us becos we are too lazy to search and ask questions and Just because somebody is asking a question and geting your opinion doesn't make him a fool and doesn't make you some christain better than him in any way. We christains at times are the biggest opposition!!! If somebody could think and ask such a question. I tink such question needs an answer..if you can't contribute you keep your mouth shut rather than to oppose and intimidate. Some atheist are better than some we christains who can't even think and ask questions.. Because we are too gullible to accept everytin some so called pastors and teachers preach..honestly if we christains reason the way some atheist think and proffer solution to the question then we won't be in this Religious mess in NIGERIA....
1, The bible is not for research. It is for you to have faith and believe. If you cant read the bible with faith then it will remain a storybook to you.

2, the op isn't looking for answers, not from man anyway. He addressed the letter to God. Are you God?

3, All the questions he asked has answers. There is nothing mysterious in what he asked. Which begs the question: Did he ask it to seek knowledge? Or to ridicule? Read through the questions again and the way he addresses the letter in some paragraphs. Would you write a letter using such words to the president of the united states talk less of the Creator of the Universe ?

Yes some christians are shallow...but this guy is just looking to ridicule. Nothing more.
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by Nobody: 3:53am On Dec 06, 2014
undercat:

Some instances would be being the victim of a crime or contracting a disease or getting struck by lightning and having to lose a body part.

On the issue of man being responsible for the state of the world by eating the fruit, this explanation still leaves open the question of whether the perfect God could have chosen to create and use such a highly flawed system.

Being the victim of a crime is a very broad aspect but let me say this if the ways of the victim was straight and the victim had an inquisitive/sharp mind and thinking, the victim shouldn't be found in that predicament unless the victim was 'looking for something that wasn't in the market'

When somebody contacts a disease it is as a result of not taking heed to advice(s) from those in position of rendering it.

That instance of thunder strike get as e be, IMHO i'll say it was induced by forces against the person's life.
There was an instance, can't remember the location, where one NEPA official got himself killed. He went to this vicinity where the residents were owing to get 'daily bread', if not he will cut their wire. Alright, when he arrived, don't know why the residents did not oblige to his request, he then put the ladder on the pole and mounted it. When he got to the top, he paused to give them a second chance, it all fell on 'rocky grounds'. Meanwhile, they've been warning him all along not to try touching the wires talkless of cutting it, he didn't listen. One baba came and told them to leave him alone since he was doing 'yanga'. The official then proceeded to cut the wires, as he was doing that, the baba touched his tongue, the official was electrocuted and 'floated' to the ground dead!
Whose fault was it?

God did not create a flawed system. In Gen. 1:31 says "And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, [it was] very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day."
It was humans who flawed it, a great flaw at that.

Also if He did not use the flawed system, don't you think you won't be alive or rather won't have ever existed to question His existence?
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by Nobody: 4:02am On Dec 06, 2014
5minsmadness:

1, The bible is not for research. It is for you to have faith and believe. If you cant read the bible with faith then it will remain a storybook to you.

2, the op isn't looking for answers, not from man anyway. He addressed the letter to God. Are you God?

3, All the questions he asked has answers. There is nothing mysterious in what he asked. Which begs the question: Did he ask it to seek knowledge? Or to ridicule? Read through the questions again and the way he addresses the letter in some paragraphs. Would you write a letter using such words to the president of the united states talk less of the Creator of the Universe ?

Yes some christians are shallow...but this guy is just looking to ridicule. Nothing more.

more neurons to your brain jhoor!

@bolded, that was what I was telling one rikoduo like that and he was telling something else.

If you can't accept or believe Jesus, then leave Him alone! You say you don't believe in God and you're attacking the views of other people who believe in his existence.

The letter this Op wrote sef is useless, how can you try to question(ridicule) what you don't believe exists?
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by okeke00(m): 5:46am On Dec 06, 2014
scientist says there was one a time there was eclipse of the sun, today we still experience it to belive science
wheather forcaster will always predict the climates and weather changes, we all experienced it
we heard of and earthquake, today we still experienced it.
We heard of manna falling from heaven, today all we are seeing is rainfall and someone said i have to believe with faith.
We heard of dividing red sea, today boko haram have killed alot without any panacea
we heard of horses talking, today they all have gone dumb
we heard of elijah and prophet of ball, today all we see are staged miracles
In conclusion: why do bible writers believed that the heaven is above our sky. Eg, manna falling from heaven. Jesus going up to heaven, rapture 'accending to heaven', saul encounter "strike from heaven", jesus baptism "voice from heaven", lucifer "fallen angel", and so on.
If those writters happens to be alive today, i will like to let them know that the astranuts have gone beyond that sky and its all empty

4 Likes

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by okeke00(m): 5:49am On Dec 06, 2014
honourhim:

You had the time to discover the questions you raised in the bible. If you are honest enough in your demand for answers then you should take another time again and go through the bible to discover how you can hear from God and get your answers. Dont be lazy bro. Finish the job you have started if you are honestly in need of answers from God. Except you are making the usual noise that atheists make which of course sounds like an old cracking record. We are not moved by such noise.
since he could not hear from God, i think you may have heard from him. Then help him answer those questions
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by olami100(m): 8:17am On Dec 06, 2014
5minsmadness:

I agree to the fact that we should read the bible with faith but don't you think it is also good to be inquisitive when you read things.. My point is that there are ways to tackle people like this than to make derrogatory statement about them..though in every nonsense there is a sense...
Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by philfearon(m): 8:59am On Dec 06, 2014
honourhim:

Sincerely ask yourself,Can I Answer those questions? If the answers to those questions were really in the bible,will he be asking?
The thing is,your indoctrinated minds won't allow you guys understand that the OP simply wrote a Satire………

1 Like

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by philfearon(m): 9:02am On Dec 06, 2014
5minsmadness:

3, All the questions he asked has answers.
There is nothing mysterious in what he asked. Which begs the question: Did he ask it to seek knowledge? Or to ridicule? Read through the questions again and the way he addresses the letter in some paragraphs. Would you write a letter using such words to the president of the united states talk less of the Creator of the Universe ?

Are you kidding me? @bolded......Answer one of the questions asked by the OP or forever remain A joke!!!

1 Like

Re: An Atheist's Letter To God. by honourhim: 9:04am On Dec 06, 2014
Hiswordxray:

Does this mean we have reconciled?

Were we quarreling? I simply advised you based on my observation about you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Mark Of The Beast - If You See It, It’s Too Late. / Kirk Franklin(a popular gospel artist) Blasphemy Against Jesus Christ. / Brilliant Quotes on Religion By Thomas Paine And Robert Ingersoll.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.