Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

5 Signs That You're Not Ready For A New Relationship. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Signs That You're Not Ready For A New Relationship. (924 Views)

No Lady Should Get Married If She Is Not Ready For This One Thing... / When You're Not Sure If She Loves You. / 5 Truths You Should Tell Yourself Before Entering Into A New Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Signs That You're Not Ready For A New Relationship. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 04, 2014
Here are 5 signs that means you're not ready to get into a new relationship after a breakup.
1. You still think about your ex
This sign is epidemically common especially when you had strong affection for your ex. It mostly occurs when you're alone and your mind tend to wonder away and leads you to those memorable moments you had with your ex. You tend to smile and wish the relationship hadn't crumbled.
If you still experience such, it simply means you're not ready for that new relationship, you still have intimate feelings for that your ex and you need to obliterate it in order for you to move on completely and be happy with your new love.
2. You compare your current relationship with your prior one.
In most cases, the individuals involved are usually the centre of comparison.
That is, when you tend to compare your current gf/bf with your ex..
Humans are heterogeneous in character and attitude, therefore you should expect a contrasting character between your boo and your ex.
They maybe most behaviours that you poised towards your ex that he/she approved and finds no wrong in it, but when you exhibit same behaviour towards your new boo, he/she gets irritated. When you experience such, it simply means you need to do some little adjustment that will be suited for the happiness of you and your boo without causing harm to yourself. (it doesn't mean you should change who you are).
But when you find yourself saying or thinking this.. '' If it were to be John(your ex) he wouldn't react this way''...
This is a clear indication that you haven't gotten over your ex, and definitely your new relationship may hit the rocks in sooner time.

3. You still checkup/peep on your ex on social media
This happens when you intentionally surf through your ex's photos, status updates, tweets etc.
In epitome, you want to know whats recent about your ex.
This is a clear indication that you haven't moved on and you're certainly not ready for a new relationship. There's still that deem feeling lingering in your heart that you haven't been able to do away with.
If you still experience this, you're definitely not fit for a new relationship.
Take time to heal and don't rush into a new relationship, you may rush out!

4. You get uneasy at the sight of your ex and snub him/her
you may disagree with me,, but I'm positive about this!
If really you've completely moved on, there's definitely no problem in responding to a pleasantry passed by your ex. You guys can chill for a while and have a brief talk asking about each others' wellbeing (it doesn't meant you're still in love). No harm in that! Afterall his/she is not an ebola patient that you see and change rout or throw your face to another direction. - if you still do this, you're not ready for a new relationship cause you haven't gotten over the last one.
5. You secretly wish your ex would apologise
This usually happens during early stages of a break up.
That moment your phones rings and you hope its your ex calling to apologise!
In most cases, such feelings may take a longer time to wear off (depends on the individual).
It may not only be during the early stages of a breakup, but the moment you keep wishing for your ex to return back is a clear indication that you're not ready for a new relationship.
NOTE: don't get into a new relationship in attempt to forget the last one and don't date someone in attempt to forget your ex.. It may bounce back!
True love is harnessed when the heart is free, and not when its occupied by the emotional thoughts of the past!
When you've experienced a breakup, don't rush into a new relationship, take time to heal and move on..

FEEL FREE TO ADD YOURS!
Re: 5 Signs That You're Not Ready For A New Relationship. by IamLEGEND1: 3:28pm On Dec 04, 2014
zis is a beri goot writeop wallai.- Master Yoda, 70 a.d

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs That You're Not Ready For A New Relationship. by dechandel(f): 3:32pm On Dec 04, 2014
I do number three alot grin

I am very good at sneaking up on peeps sha
Re: 5 Signs That You're Not Ready For A New Relationship. by AJ01(m): 3:32pm On Dec 04, 2014
Nairaland tongue
Re: 5 Signs That You're Not Ready For A New Relationship. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 04, 2014
There is nothing wrong with no4 if the ex was a shitty person and you don't want to recognize the person's existence anymore. cheesy
Re: 5 Signs That You're Not Ready For A New Relationship. by Janeify(f): 4:15pm On Dec 04, 2014
I do number 3 alot...no,not alot grin
Re: 5 Signs That You're Not Ready For A New Relationship. by Psittacus(m): 6:48pm On Dec 04, 2014
Janeify:
I do number 3 alot...no,not alot grin
The first answer is true...bt on a second thought, u dont want to admit it...lol
Re: 5 Signs That You're Not Ready For A New Relationship. by Janeify(f): 9:56pm On Dec 04, 2014
Psittacus:
The first answer is true...bt on a second thought, u dont want to admit it...lol
lol...no,it's just that i hate lying grin grin cheesy
Re: 5 Signs That You're Not Ready For A New Relationship. by Cholls(m): 10:16pm On Dec 04, 2014
My brother what can I say? Is this a fact?
Re: 5 Signs That You're Not Ready For A New Relationship. by Psittacus(m): 10:21pm On Dec 04, 2014
Janeify:
lol...no,it's just that i hate lying grin grin cheesy
Hmmmn, i believe u
Re: 5 Signs That You're Not Ready For A New Relationship. by mesoade(m): 10:22pm On Dec 04, 2014
dechandel:
I do number three alot grin

how many ex'es have you had?
Re: 5 Signs That You're Not Ready For A New Relationship. by mesoade(m): 10:25pm On Dec 04, 2014
This land belongs to the ojukwu family
Re: 5 Signs That You're Not Ready For A New Relationship. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 04, 2014
I did all enlisted here but I'm happy my Maryjane has come back to me grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Does Nigerian Brothers In SA Feel Threathened By SA Woman Who Is Working? / Pls I Need Ur Help, Dont No Y Her Reaction Change / A Thread For Valentine Day Haters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.