Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,893 members, 7,810,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners (70841 Views)

How Timipre Sylva Scuttled Bayelsa Governorship Primaries — Oshiomhole / Breaking***emeka Ihedioha Wins Imo PDP Governorship Primaries / APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 04, 2014
Counting has just begun in Lagos - The Cable.
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by o42austino(m): 10:40pm On Dec 04, 2014
CFCfan:
Fact: Aisha Jummai is the first woman to ever win a gubernatorial primary in Nigeria.
Congrats to her once again.
are u sure abt that? Hon.Ekwunife, Member House of Reps from Anambra state has done that already when she contested against Mr.Obi second tenure and she pulled crowd, she won d Gubernatorial ticket of PPA and she contested under the party, she came second or third in the state Governorship election.

www.vanguardngr.com/2010/01/anambra-2010-my-husband-supports-my-guber-ambition-hon-ekwunife/

2 Likes

Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by Delafruita(m): 10:51pm On Dec 04, 2014
o42austino:
go and study ur history first,an Anambra Woman under Apga has Achieved that Already.
in the eye of the law,dame vigil etiaba was never governor of anambra as the impeachment of peter obi was declared null and void.so if the senator from taraba wins,she will be the first female governor in nigeria

1 Like

Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by JEITO: 10:51pm On Dec 04, 2014
Ok, we still dey wait
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by Delafruita(m): 10:59pm On Dec 04, 2014
CFCfan:

If the judgement did not specifically declare that her tenure was null and void, then you have a point. But if there was no such declaration, then she should still be referred to as the first female governor.
Remember that Ngige is still referred to as a former governor, despite a tribunal ruling that he wasn't the actual winner of the election.
ngige isnt recognized as former governor by the law.journalists might address him as such,but a good case in point is segun oni.immediately fayemi was sworn in,all reference from segun oni was deleted from all records in ekiti state.his potrait was removed from among those of past governors and he wasnt entitled to the pension paid to former governors in the state.just like celestine omehia and osunbor in edo
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 04, 2014
Delafruita:
ngige isnt recognized as former governor by the law.journalists might address him as such,but a good case in point is segun oni.immediately fayemi was sworn in,all reference from segun oni was deleted from all records in ekiti state.his potrait was removed from among those of past governors and he wasnt entitled to the pension paid to former governors in the state.just like celestine omehia and osunbor in edo
Thanks for your explanation cool
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by adook1: 11:26pm On Dec 04, 2014
akwa ibom, no elections over faulty accreditation, massive violence, shooting, killing etc

1 Like

Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by minister85: 11:27pm On Dec 04, 2014
o42austino:
go and study ur history first,an Anambra Woman under Apga has Achieved that Already.
was she elected?
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by shyblings(m): 11:28pm On Dec 04, 2014
Alezy:
i love this, he can give PDP a good fight. The sitting gov has done nothing for eight years.
This guy lost the delta central senatorial bye-election earlier this year to PDP. I don't see him as a treat to them in the governorship race. Moreover, he is not too known within the state.
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by Alphaoscar: 11:32pm On Dec 04, 2014
watching the live counting of the Lagos state APC primary election now in tvc.

it's be Ambode leading by miles ,followed by hamzat and ikuforiji tailing them at 3rd position so far.

1 Like

Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by adook1: 11:33pm On Dec 04, 2014
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by abbakacici: 12:06am On Dec 05, 2014
Kano

Kawu sumaila and Usman Alhaja withdraw from the race, voting still going on

Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by nduchucks: 12:17am On Dec 05, 2014
Jarus nko?
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 05, 2014
abbakacici:
Kano

Kawu sumaila and Usman Alhaja withdraw from the race, voting still going on
So d fence jumper has withdrawn grin
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by abbakacici: 12:17am On Dec 05, 2014
some guy making funny of Chief Ogiri Ajene former deputy governor of Benue State who is now a councillor in Benue State saying that what happen to him is worst than death
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 05, 2014
abbakacici:
some guy making funny of Chief Ogiri Ajene former deputy governor of Benue State who is now a councillor in Benue State saying that what happen to him is worst than death

Lwkmd
cheesy grin diaris God oh
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by abbakacici: 12:19am On Dec 05, 2014
CFCfan:

So d fence jumper has withdrawn grin
he is now ask to choose between deputy governor or a principal officer in the house
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by Nobody: 12:32am On Dec 05, 2014
CFCfan:

Nice. The Feb 28th battle between him and Shagari will be one to watch.

There's no battle. Sokoto is APC.

It was because of their likeness for Wammako that they voted PDP in 2007. In fact, Wammako was ANPP and was the governor in waiting. The old fox, President Obj, had to plead with him to join PDP and automatically gave him ticket, and relegated their already decided flgabearer, Shagari, to running mate, just because of the popularity of Wammako.

Same Wammako is in APC today backing Tambuwal.

Plus, the manner PDP "victimized" Tambuwal will curry him great sympathy in Sokoto

It's a one-horse rac. I'm very familiar with their politics. I had service year extension in the state for dabbling into their politics during my NYSC year. I have been on phone with Shagari. Wammako knows me till today as the "article boy".

5 Likes

Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 05, 2014
Who is Imo state APC guber flag bearer?

Don't tell me that they are waiting for the outcome of the APC Presidential primary.

Imo state case should not be different, since other state did not wait for the outcome of the APC presidential primary.

If they have no candidiate in Imo state, I think Berem of all people should be given the opportunity.

She is a die hard fan of APC in Imo state... My observation though.

1 Like

Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by Nobody: 12:45am On Dec 05, 2014
Jarus:

There's no battle. Sokoto is APC.

It was because of their likeness for Wammako that they voted PDP in 2007. In fact, Wammako was ANPP and was the governor in waiting. The old fox, President Obj, had to plead with him to join PDP and automatically gave him ticket, and relegated their already decided flgabearer, Shagari, to running mate, just because of the popularity of Wammako.

Same Wammako is in APC today backing Tambuwal.

Plus, the manner PDP "victimized" Tambuwal will curry him great sympathy in Sokoto

It's a one-horse rac. I'm very familiar with their politics. I had service year extension in the state for dabbling into their politics during my NYSC year. I have been on phone with Shagari. Wammako knows me till today as the "article boy".
Wow! You're really connected. I guess I can now refer to Tambuwal as the next governor of the great State of Sokoto....
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by TokyoBulls(m): 1:55am On Dec 05, 2014
Ambode still leading but with Dr Kayode Hamzat coming closely behind and Ikuforiji next in Lagos. Nasir El Rufai leading with Asiru coming behind him in Kaduna. We are here waiting

1 Like

Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by Nobody: 2:21am On Dec 05, 2014
The diaspora APC members are also following the chant of Ambode or Hamburger.........Hamzat,

8.20pm from a corner of the hemisphere
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by Nobody: 2:31am On Dec 05, 2014
soroptimist:
The diaspora APC members are also following the chant of Ambode or Hamburger.........Hamzat,

8.20pm from a corner of the hemisphere
You're in the East coast?
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by Nobody: 2:49am On Dec 05, 2014
CFCfan:

You're in the East coast?

South side......
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by Nobody: 2:50am On Dec 05, 2014
soroptimist:

South side......
I'm on the West coast
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by Nobody: 2:52am On Dec 05, 2014
CFCfan:

I'm on the West coast

Yea i have been an avid follower of your comments especially in the travel section
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by Nobody: 2:57am On Dec 05, 2014
soroptimist:

Yea i have been an avid follower of your comments especially in the travel section
Really. That's one of my favorite sections
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by Nobody: 3:01am On Dec 05, 2014
CFCfan:

Really. That's one of my favorite sections

Same here.....2nd only to the politics section though
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by Nobody: 3:06am On Dec 05, 2014
soroptimist:

Same here.....2nd only to the politics section though
This section is full of mudslinging sha cheesy
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by Zzchampion: 5:59am On Dec 05, 2014
Any Update from lagos and kaduna please?.....
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by Nobody: 6:04am On Dec 05, 2014
Zzchampion:
Any Update from lagos and kaduna please?.....
Ambode is still leading. No info yet from Kaduna
Re: APC Governorship Primaries: States & Lists Of Winners by Nobody: 6:05am On Dec 05, 2014
The Political parties should devise a way to ensure that counting of votes doesn't stretch into the next day angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos Of President Jonathan Praying At Mount Carmel on Sunday / Should President Muhammadu Buhari Resign? - Sahara Reporters Poll (Screenshot) / Buhari Loses 100K Followers On Twitter As Reno Omokri Starts #unfollowbuhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.