Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) (3476 Views)

Pregnant Woman Climbs High Stool For Maternity Photoshoot / Pregnant Woman Delivers At Lagos BusStop (pic) / Pregnant Woman Blasted For 'bleaching' Her Baby Bump [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Nobody: 1:32am On Dec 07, 2014
Nonso23:

All we can do as bystanders is to offer support and advice.
So, let us do that smiley
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Nobody: 1:41am On Dec 07, 2014
Stillfire:

At 'the blob of blood vessels' level, it is a zygote developing into an embryo, not a foetus. And this is where I say it is fair to get rid of it. At the fetus stage from the 8th week it is no more a 'blob of blood vessels'. It is capable of 'feeling', 'perceiving', as you put it. If it is incapable of doing this it will not grow. On the issue of talking, if talking was a criteria to life only animals like parrots should be given rights. Talking involves a spoken language and for something to be called a language it has to have grammar and syntax. For this reason, dogs who are not persons cannot talk but are given rights today cheesy A foetus can also claim its rights. Again personhood is not a cogent criteria to solve the abortion controversy. When you kill bacteria, it is self defense and this is justifiable.

Digging deep there...
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by cococandy(f): 1:43am On Dec 07, 2014
EfemenaXY:
I can't explain it...but having watched that video, I'm convinced the black man with the camera is either Crackhaus cheesy grin

It's just got to be one of them...

#picks up her bathroom slippers and flees this thread#
that is Crackhaus . I assure you.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by EfemenaXY: 3:39am On Dec 07, 2014
^^ Lol! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by crackhaus: 6:59am On Dec 07, 2014
cococandy:
that is Crackhaus . I assure you.
Lol, assurance based on what?
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by cococandy(f): 7:02am On Dec 07, 2014
crackhaus:

Lol, assurance based on what?
lipsrsealed
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by crackhaus: 7:10am On Dec 07, 2014
cococandy:
lipsrsealed
Talk na, I'll bite your lips o.. tongue
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by cococandy(f): 7:20am On Dec 07, 2014
crackhaus:

Talk na, I'll bite your lips o.. tongue

Assurance based on the fact that me and you used to be married before we divorced and I married alutacontinua.
How won't I know my ex-husband? cheesy

Is lip biting supposed to be a punishment?
That kind ..... thing lipsrsealed
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by MizMyColi(f): 10:04am On Dec 07, 2014
jmoore:
Baby haram is the sister of Boko haram.

It's quite easy for me to claim pro-life because I've never been there, I've never been in the shoes of a person who has had to give in or give up to abortion as a choice.

It is easy for me to say, I'd rather keep the child.

And quite candidly, no matter what, I'd rather keep that child because the guilt and self condemnation could make me suicidal.

My personality, my upbringing, my choice of values, norms, and principles, my weaknesses, my strengths........everything about me as a person is so grounded in ethics, I have to caution self to stop being "too ethical". grin grin

But, it's not the same for others......and as much as it's a natural tendency to go all judgey and opinionated in matters like this, I'd rather show empathy.

Love will show them the way, it'll guide them to conviction, if need be.

While the law is one and the same for everyone in a given societal/social context, ethics is in each person's mind.

One can volunteer to be ethically responsible or just avoid such issue completely.

Ethics begins where the law ends.
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Cwaya(m): 10:22am On Dec 07, 2014
MizMyColi:

It's quite easy for me to claim pro-life because I've never been there, I've never been in the shoes of a person who has had to give in or give up to abortion as a choice.

It is easy for me to say, I'd rather keep the child.

And quite candidly, no matter what, I'd rather keep that child because the guilt and self condemnation could make me suicidal.

My personality, my upbringing, my choice of values, norms, and principles, my weaknesses, my strengths........everything about me as a person is so grounded in ethics, I have to caution self to stop being "too ethical". grin grin

But, it's not the same for others......and as much as it's a natural tendency to go all judgey and opinionated in matters like this, I'd rather show empathy.

Love will show them the way, it'll guide them to conviction, if need be.

While the law is one and the same for everyone in a given societal/social context, ethics is in each person's mind.

One can volunteer to be ethically responsible or just avoid such issue completely.

Ethics begins where the law ends.

Nwa nkea sef...

*picks up bottle of coke and popcorn pack, *

Now lets see this movie or sorry read this epistle. undecided

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by MizMyColi(f): 10:30am On Dec 07, 2014
Enjoy tongue

Cwaya:

Nwa nkea sef...

*picks up bottle of coke and popcorn pack, *

Now lets see this movie or sorry read this epistle. undecided
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Cwaya(m): 10:34am On Dec 07, 2014
MizMyColi:
Enjoy tongue

Lol.. naughty

tongue ntoi too
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by crackhaus: 12:23pm On Dec 07, 2014
cococandy:

Assurance based on the fact that me and you used to be married before we divorced and I married alutacontinua.
How won't I know my ex-husband? cheesy

Is lip biting supposed to be a punishment?
That kind ..... thing lipsrsealed
It is well with you, say amen!
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by pickabeau1: 6:55am On Dec 08, 2014
Stillfire:

Animals who are not persons have rights to live as much as you do.
Abortion is murder, but we do make excuses for murder via self defense,or in the case of war. For abortion, in the case of rape, threat to mother's life or whatever reasons there are. It's still murder.
I think it's too dismissive to say it is left for the woman to decide. Human beings would bastardize any freedom.
So abortion should be regulated.

Wow...I'm surprised.....

Its really shocking.. A world where a baby whale or salmon fishing ground has more rights or relevance than a foetus who is deemed a nonperson

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by mgbeketoto: 9:50am On Dec 08, 2014
The same 'pregnant' women. . . after they bring forth the almighty 'fruits of the womb and blokos'! wink

All na pro-choice abi? grin

Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 08, 2014
I don't know who will explain this to me.

A certain young man met a chick, promising her heaven and earth and bam,d deed is done. Even when she insisted on using cd,she was however scolded. Fastforward,something is not going well and when she checked, lo and behold belle don appear.
Oya, where is d young man that promised her heaven and earth?
Benjohson for life. Young lady eye don open. Will she carry and born(assuming she has means to take care of d baby) or abort?

Now if she born, d same dude and his friends r the ones who were canvasn that single mothers are wicked.
When they wanna marry,nobody will look her way cos she is labelled a hoe (whatever that means). D most painful is after training d child amist public shame and insult, my guy will resurface one day to reclaim his child and society again will support him meanwhile he is forming team marry them as virgin cos he don't want story. My wife must be a virgin .

What a hypocritical world.
And pls spare me its d man's world rubbish.

Now, since its d woman's body, let her do as she deems fit.
Moralists everywhere.

I still have a friend whom d father threw out of their house cos she is a single parent. A working class lady that virtually feeds and cloth her family. Cos he is a church elder. Their church even refused to come and christien d baby.
Again, such a very hypocritical world.

Anyway, believe d things u read here at ur own perail.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
mgbeketoto:
The same 'pregnant' women. . . after they bring forth the almighty 'fruits of the womb and blokos'! wink

angry
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by mutter(f): 3:34pm On Dec 08, 2014
The innocent ones say "yes" to life.
In Nigeria most girls cannot take that decision because they can`t afford to. They either get rid of it or sometimes the parents sell the baby.
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Stillfire: 9:43am On Dec 30, 2014
pickabeau1:

Wow...I'm surprised.....

Its really shocking.. A world where a baby whale or salmon fishing ground has more rights or relevance than a foetus who is deemed a nonperson

Surprised over what Pickabeau? grin
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by pickabeau1: 9:54am On Dec 30, 2014
Stillfire:

Surprised over what Pickabeau? grin

Lol....u just saw that comment?

I was surprised by your stance on life..is all
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Stillfire: 10:01am On Dec 30, 2014
pickabeau1:

Lol....u just saw that comment?

I was surprised by your stance on life..is all

I just saw it o.
Surprised at my stance on life? Wow I must come across some meanie I guess.
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by bukatyne(f): 10:09am On Dec 30, 2014
Very touchy topic;

Abortion is murder and a sin however murder = lying in the grand scheme of things.

That I married as a virgin/without doing abortion and I am a chronic liar does not make me better than a lady who aborted though the consequences will differ.

That said, abortion is murder.
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by pickabeau1: 11:01am On Dec 30, 2014
Stillfire:

I just saw it o.
Surprised at my stance on life? Wow I must come across some meanie I guess.

Lol
Maybe..
Maybe not

Most feminists I know of are pro choice anyway
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by EfemenaXY: 11:11am On Dec 30, 2014
Giving birth to a child you don't want, only to end up throwing it in a ditch, refuse dump, toilet drain, burying it alive, strangling it death, or simply abandoning it without cutting off the umbilical cord so it bleeds to death are all extremely painful and inhuman ways to die. Seeing as the end result for those foetuses / unwanted pregnancies will still be the same, irrespective of whether the unwilling mother carries it to full term or not, then why deny her the option of doing this the less traumatic way for both of them? i.e: her and the unborn child?

Whether we choose to admit it or not, having an abortion is merciful death.

Let's face it and quit the hypocrisy and fake moral grounds here. For those yelling it's murder, how many of these abandoned babies have they picked out of the gutters / refuse dumps / toilet drains, provided medical care, and taken back home to raise as their own? Rather than point accusing fingers at these unfortunate and desperate mothers, how many of these "moralists" have donated their time and money to help government schemes and awareness programs to reach vulnerable youths and teach safe sex? How many of these "holier-than-thous" have adopted children from orphanages? Or extend their exclusion programs and name smearing campaigns to the errant baby daddies out there wildly sowing their oats?

It takes two to have sex and conceive a child. So both parties should be held accountable for their actions and not one. The bitter truth is that the system in Nigeria is broken and available support non-existent. It's a country with a motto of: everyman for himself a.k.a On Your Own. With families washing their hands off their pregnant unmarried daughters' "shame", and many religious institutions ostracizing these unfortunate women, then no one has the right, much less the moral grounds to make these girls feel guilty if they decide having an abortion is the only way forward.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by SAMBARRY: 2:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
mgbeketoto:

madam you have just made me loose my appetite for food with this nasty and repulsive pictures
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by SAMBARRY: 2:04pm On Dec 30, 2014
Gbam
EfemenaXY:
Giving birth to a child you don't want, only to end up throwing it in a ditch, refuse dump, toilet drain, burying it alive, strangling it death, or simply abandoning it without cutting off the umbilical cord so it bleeds to death are all extremely painful and inhuman ways to die. Seeing as the end result for those foetuses / unwanted pregnancies will still be the same, irrespective of whether the unwilling mother carries it to full term or not, then why deny her the option of doing this the less traumatic way for both of them? i.e: her and the unborn child?

Whether we choose to admit it or not, having an abortion is merciful death.

Let's face it and quit the hypocrisy and fake moral grounds here. For those yelling it's murder, how many of these abandoned babies have they picked out of the gutters / refuse dumps / toilet drains, provided medical care, and taken back home to raise as their own? Rather than point accusing fingers at these unfortunate and desperate mothers, how many of these "moralists" have donated their time and money to help government schemes and awareness programs to reach vulnerable youths and teach safe sex? How many of these "holier-than-thous" have adopted children from orphanages? Or extend their exclusion programs and name smearing campaigns to the errant baby daddies out there wildly sowing their oats?

It takes two to have sex and conceive a child. So both parties should be held accountable for their actions and not one. The bitter truth is that the system in Nigeria is broken and available support non-existent. It's a country with a motto of: everyman for himself a.k.a On Your Own. With families washing their hands off their pregnant unmarried daughters' "shame", and many religious institutions ostracizing these unfortunate women, then no one has the right, much less the moral grounds to make these girls feel guilty if they decide having an abortion is the only way forward.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hbd To Me / Is 300k Enough For A Family Of 4? / Wife Decides To Pack Out Of Her Husband House-hubby Still In Lov With Ex-gf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.