Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) (3467 Views)

Pregnant Woman Climbs High Stool For Maternity Photoshoot / Pregnant Woman Delivers At Lagos BusStop (pic) / Pregnant Woman Blasted For 'bleaching' Her Baby Bump [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 04, 2014
Much love for this woman for simply speaking her mind! The way she blasts them all to silence/looking into the far distance for a saviour grin grin #behonest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMy-V1TIoHI
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by KanwuliaJara: 10:04pm On Dec 04, 2014
The same "pregnant" women o! wink
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by mutter(f): 10:12pm On Dec 04, 2014
Everyone has a right to speak their mind but that does not make it right. Abortion is a sin because it brings a life to end.
Most women that commit abortions are also not abused or raped women. Besides the unborn child is innocent. However every woman should be free to make the choice if she wants to sin or not. It is between her and her God and only God knows what his yardstick for judgement is.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 04, 2014
mutter:
Everyone has a right to speak their mind but that does not make it right. Abortion is a sin because it brings a life to end.
Most women that commit abortions are also not abused or raped women. Besides the unborn child is innocent. However every woman should be free to make the choice if she wants to sin or not. It is between her and her God and only God knows what his yardstick for judgement is.
That's your opinion, all are entitled. Peace wink

Despite the fact I believe in God, to instruct a woman to "have your baby because it is what God wanted" is actually reckless. In the real world, it isn't a good enough answer and provides no real practical solution. Strictly, I am pro prevention. Once the battleground becomes an argument over actual lives and consequences; I leave it to the woman, I leave it to God.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by mutter(f): 10:39pm On Dec 04, 2014
Flytefalls:

That's your opinion, all are entitled. Despite the fact I believe in God, to instruct a woman to "have your baby because it is what God wanted" is actually reckless. In the real world, it isn't a good enough answer and provides no real practical solution. Strictly, I am pro prevention. Once the battleground becomes an argument over actual lives and consequences; I leave it to the woman, I leave it to God.

I don`t think i said anything different Please read my post. Every woman should be free...
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 04, 2014
mutter:

I don`t think i said anything different Please read my post. Every woman should be free...
Not attacking you, just adding my own opinion. One sec wink
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by mutter(f): 10:42pm On Dec 04, 2014
grin
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 04, 2014

4 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 04, 2014
Nonso23:
One terrible aftermath of blurring ethics is the tendency of moral decadence to spiral out of control till balance is restored eventually.

We now have cold-blooded murderers among our young ladies who can comfortably suffocate, drown or dispose of beautiful helpless children as it suits their selfish desires.
Some others have mastered the art of inducing labour and delivering themselves of the premature baby when the pregnancy is in the early stages of the third trimester after which they throw them into gutters or refuse dumps.

All these because abortion is 'institutionalized' globally.
When can one draw the line between calling the foetus a 'child' or mere 'tissue'?
9months? When it's still in the womb

I am not condemning abortion, the procedure can be a life saver in certain situations but its indiscriminate application irks me to the marrow.
The moral line has being blurred though. No fence sitting allowed.
The Child/tissue line is arbitrary, that's the honest truth. But abortion is a right, so lines must exist in an attempt to cater to all. I believe, in London, abortion rights are being abused- anecdotally speaking, it's disgusting what some women can get away with. But in places where abortion is not a right, there is still abortion. It will not disappear by force, for as long as women can conceive.

The subject of abortion is one where ambivalence is the most common opinion. How do you draw a line between women who deserve it and women who do not? If a 'deserving' criteria is enforced by law, isn't that just as subjective as child/tissue? Who are we to pile through rape cases where some were proven, and others were not- we all know rape is hard to prove and many cases do not make it to trial? Le.gal abortion was once a best intention that has now unfortunately been used as an extention of contraception. Personally, I can only lobby for more access to prevention and an increase in overall sexual health awareness, with the hope that for most women, abortion never has to be a contemplation

Edit: Truthfully, through my job I am able to have conversations with women who are contemplating abortion (although not exclusively). There simply are no straight answers. Winners and losers are always going to be born out of every decision, so we can only keep debating and discussing until we identify the best solutions for all. Anyway, off to bed for more of the same 'fun' tomorrow when I come across more of these women... embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Onegai(f): 7:22am On Dec 05, 2014
What a woman chooses to do with her life is her business and God's business. That is it.

A lot of people think abortions are easy, they're not, they are very emotionally damaging, especially to the woman. Don't let that brave face foo.l you. So please keep your opinions to yourself at that time, mind your own business. And as for sin or no sin, I think if I ever meet a young woman who is being harassed for having an abortion, I will locate her attackers, dig into their personal lives and air their dirty laundry.

People should stop complacently judging. We are so quick to identify others' sins and forget ours. Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged.

12 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by SAMBARRY: 7:47am On Dec 05, 2014
Gbaammmm.you have said it all
Onegai:
What a woman chooses to do with her life is her business and God's business. That is it.

A lot of people think abortions are easy, they're not, they are very emotionally damaging, especially to the woman. Don't let that brave face foo.l you. So please keep your opinions to yourself at that time, mind your own business. And as for sin or no sin, I think if I ever meet a young woman who is being harassed for having an abortion, I will locate her attackers, dig into their personal lives and air their dirty laundry.

People should stop complacently judging. We are so quick to identify others' sins and forget ours. Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged.
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 05, 2014
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 05, 2014

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 05, 2014
Nonso23:

I'm all for the ambivalent opinions. Until the fuzzy moral cloud is cleared up. I subscribe to the notion of live, let live.
A pregnant woman may agree with you. But what if the father of her baby doesn't? Should we encourage a society where males are made to be fathers despite their objections? Is abortion only a woman's right? You shouldn't jump onto one side of the fence for the sake of it, the issues are too complex.
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 05, 2014
There are always losers cry

Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 05, 2014
Always cry

... Today's Metro is depressing undecided

Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 05, 2014
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 05, 2014
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by coogar: 9:16pm On Dec 05, 2014
Nonso23:

And it spirals more out of control...

Another question:
Should foetus have rights?
Do we leave their wellbeing to their mothers' discretion?
It's ironic though. It's her body afterall ... and we enter into another moral fog.

a foetus should have no right cos it hasn't qualified yet for personhood - this is why abortion isn't murder.

the woman in the video is 100% correct.
what a woman decides to do with her foetus is entirely her prerogative. anti-abortionists are all hypocrites. they would rather have the child & throw it away than eliminate the fetus.
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 05, 2014
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Stillfire: 11:03pm On Dec 05, 2014
coogar:

a foetus should have no right cos it hasn't qualified yet for personhood - this is why abortion isn't murder.
the woman in the video is 100% correct.
what a woman decides to do with her foetus is entirely her prerogative. anti-abortionists are all hypocrites. they would rather have the child & throw it away than eliminate the fetus.

Animals who are not persons have rights to live as much as you do.
Abortion is murder, but we do make excuses for murder via self defense,or in the case of war. For abortion, in the case of rape, threat to mother's life or whatever reasons there are. It's still murder.
I think it's too dismissive to say it is left for the woman to decide. Human beings would bastardize any freedom.
So abortion should be regulated.
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by coogar: 11:22pm On Dec 05, 2014
Stillfire:

Animals who are not persons have rights to live as much as you do.

so what about the beef, bacon, fish, etc you consume on a daily basis? why aren't the butchers & fishermen arrested for all em killings?

Abortion is murder, but we do make excuses for murder via self defense,or in the case of war. For abortion, in the case of rape, threat to mother's life or whatever reasons there are. It's still murder.

abortion isn't murder.
to commit murder, you must take the life of a person. the fetus isn't a person - personhood starts immediately after birth, personhood doesn't start at conception.

I think it's too dismissive to say it is left for the woman to decide. Human beings would bastardize any freedom. So abortion should be regulated.

so you want to control what is inside another woman? how's it your business? a woman got pregnant & felt she might not be able to deal with the consequences or take care of the baby & she opts for abortion.......and you think it's murder? grin cheesy
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by jmoore(m): 11:27pm On Dec 05, 2014
Baby haram is the sister of Boko haram.

1-"It is just a mass of tissue", Rubbish!! The heart starts to beat two to four weeks after conception. The tiny brain is already generating brain waves after 7 weeks. By the second month (when most abortions take place) the arms, legs, fingers, toes, ears, nose, mouth, muscles, organs, and bones are either formed or close to finish.

2-"It isn't fully developed" statement made out of ignorance .
Neither is a three-year-old. A human is not fully developed until the late teens to early twenties, and even afterwards matures in different ways. Can the stage of development really define what the being is? Is an adult more human than a child or merely more developed? A woman who had difficulty in her pregnancy in its fourth month was operated upon and the baby was kept in an intensive unit till the baby gets matured enough. Is the baby human or not?

3-"it isn't conscious?" another statement made out of ignorance
Can consciousness be a universal human trait? If so, would a sleeping or anesthetized or comatose person be considered "non-human" because of his or her lack of consciousness?

4-"it's inside the womb not yet out" That's one of the dumbest statement I heard
The location of an individual determines whether or not it is a human being? A baby the moment before birth is not human, but immediately after birth becomes human? How? Why? What is the child when it’s half-way out, half-human?

5-"it's part of the woman's body, therefore the woman have the right to remove it(kill it)"
The hands are the mother’s? The heart? The brain? Taking that argument to its logical conclusion, (via the transitive relationship where if A is a part of B, and B is a part of C, then A is a part of C) a pregnant woman then has four hands, four feet, two brains, and, if the fetus is a boy, the woman has both male and female genitals. Perhaps you can see how illogical this argument is. Moreover, the fetus has its own unique genetic code in each of its cells; not the mother’s code, not the father’s code—its own human genetic code. The fetus is in the mother, attached to the mother, but not part of the mother.

6-It is alive
It’s growing. It’s developing. It’s responding. It’s functioning. It’s burning food and oxygen. It’s giving off waste products. Its cells are reproducing. These are properties of a living being. It is a Life.

The fetus is only a human being and is just as prone as a child or adult to have an accident, develop a disease, or suffer an iatrogenic problem"

A pre-born baby is human from the moment of conception. What we see in the photograph expresses that understanding better than a thousand words.
The photo depicts a 21-week-old pre-born baby, who was being operated on by a surgeon named Joseph Bruner (It is his finger in the photo). The baby had been diagnosed with spina bifida, which leaves the spinal cord exposed after it fails to develop properly.

A Caesarean section was then performed to lift the uterus gently from mother's body, permitting the surgeon to make a small incision through which the operation would be performed. Then, it happened! As Dr. Bruner was probing the opening, the baby's fully-developed hand wrapped itself around the finger of the surgeon. The photograph found at ( http://www.angelfire.com/wy/Aware/Samuel.html )captures that amazing moment with perfect clarity.

Reference>> http://www.gospeloutreach.net/fetus.html
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 06, 2014
jmoore:
Baby haram is the sister of Boko haram.
All that s#!t you've just posted does nothing but fill an already sad situation with more guilt and shame. Pathetic. This world is fkd up, down, diagonally.
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 06, 2014
Nonso23:

The above is the reason why i said that the ethics of abortion is very critical to society.
There are so many interconnections to the family structure and the topic at hand.
I like to think of prevention rather than ammendment as a solution to unwanted pregnancies but then again, no contraceptive nor family planning methods is 100% perfect. When Slip ups occur, how do we get rid of it?

I'm neither pro-choice nor pro-life. I believe each case to be peculiar and hence should be approached differently. Lumping them all into one big bubble gives a wide opening for abuse.
That is why i opt for the 'live, let live' notion.

Again, nothing is simple. Lumping them into one bubble is objective, impersonal, practical. Trying to treat all cases differently is subjective, resource consuming, emotional.

You know, funny thing is just yesterday a client of mine was a Nigerian woman struggling to see point in her life after being encouraged by a catholic organisation to keep her baby. She struggles to the point of near insanity, she's got no support system in this country, no job prospects, adverse physical health, etc etc. Where are the people who spoke to her initially? Yes, they helped her through the first year, but then they pass her onto social workers. Her social worker is actually unable to handle her phone calls at 2am when her son won't sleep and the neighbors of her tiny tiny flat are banging on the wall for her do something. Should this woman be suffering this way? She is trying to give her son the love he needs, by where are all the people who made her keep her child?!

So we, who have nothing really to do with the real life situation, should have no real say, although we will always have our unspoken opinions.
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 06, 2014
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by EfemenaXY: 12:14pm On Dec 06, 2014
I can't explain it...but having watched that video, I'm convinced the black man with the camera is either Crackhaus or SirShymex cheesy grin

It's just got to be one of them...

#picks up her bathroom slippers and flees this thread#

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by crackhaus: 12:50pm On Dec 06, 2014
EfemenaXY:
I can't explain it...but having watched that video, I'm convinced the black man with the camera is either Crackhaus or SirShymex cheesy grin

It's just got to be one of them...

#picks up her bathroom slippers and flees this thread#
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Stillfire: 7:20pm On Dec 06, 2014
coogar:

so what about the beef, bacon, fish, etc you consume on a daily basis? why aren't the butchers & fishermen arrested for all em killings?

Personhood is not enough argument to dismiss the concerns of anti-abortionist.

abortion isn't murder.
to commit murder, you must take the life of a person. the fetus isn't a person - personhood starts immediately after birth, personhood doesn't start at conception.

Humans have evolved to a point where ordinary dogs who are not persons have rights today. A feotus can as well attain such rights to live on account of not being a person as you allude to. Personhood is not a strong argument to the abortion controversy. Let's look at the issue of murder on why is it wrong? Murder is wrong because the killer has taken the rights of the victim to life. Abortion is akin to murder because you have taken the rights of the foetus to live.

so you want to control what is inside another woman? how's it your business? a woman got pregnant & felt she might not be able to deal with the consequences or take care of the baby & she opts for abortion.......and you think it's murder? grin cheesy

Let me make it clear, I'm not totally anti-abortion being that there are credible reasons where abortion can be applied. Your personhood argument is not just solid enough. Too simple. Furthermore, if we want to talk about control, we are all being controlled one way or the other. I would like to go back to my roots, going about my daily business bare-chested but the police would throw me in jail for being a public nuisance. cool Ethical issues like this where there are a lot of gray areas to ponder on should be regulated to avoid bastardization of the system. The current stance in the West where there's a time limit on when you can or cannot have an abortion I believe is fair.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by coogar: 8:19pm On Dec 06, 2014
Stillfire:

Personhood is not enough argument to dismiss the concerns of anti-abortionist.

it is!
otherwise, everytime you fight bacteria, you are committing a crime. in the first few weeks of conception, it's just a blob of blood vessels.

Humans have evolved to a point where ordinary dogs who are not persons have rights today. A feotus can as well attain such rights to live on account of not being a person as you allude to. Personhood is not a strong argument to the abortion controversy. Let's look at the issue of murder on why is it wrong? Murder is wrong because the killer has taken the rights of the victim to life. Abortion is akin to murder because you have taken the rights of the foetus to live.

the victim of murder can talk, feel, perceive, communicate, etc. the foetus cannot do any of that. how is it the same as murder?

Let me make it clear, I'm not totally anti-abortion being that there are credible reasons where abortion can be applied. Your personhood argument is not just solid enough. Too simple. Furthermore, if we want to talk about control, we are all being controlled one way or the other. I would like to go back to my roots, going about my daily business bare-chested but the police would throw me in jail for being a public nuisance. cool Ethical issues like this where there are a lot of gray areas to ponder on should be regulated to avoid bastardization of the system. The current stance in the West where there's a time limit on when you can or cannot have an abortion I believe is fair.

you cannot pick & choose when abortion is suitable. we either agree it is or not. murder is a crime anywhere in the world - people don't get to choose when it's right or wrong so make a stand.
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by Stillfire: 9:35pm On Dec 06, 2014
coogar:

it is!
otherwise, everytime you fight bacteria, you are committing a crime. in the first few weeks of conception, it's just a blob of blood vessels.

the victim of murder can talk, feel, perceive, communicate, etc. the foetus cannot do any of that. how is it the same as murder?

At 'the blob of blood vessels' level, it is a zygote developing into an embryo, not a foetus. And this is where I say it is fair to get rid of it. At the fetus stage from the 8th week it is no more a 'blob of blood vessels'. It is capable of 'feeling', 'perceiving', as you put it. If it is incapable of doing this it will not grow. On the issue of talking, if talking was a criteria to life only animals like parrots should be given rights. Talking involves a spoken language and for something to be called a language it has to have grammar and syntax. For this reason, dogs who are not persons cannot talk but are given rights today cheesy A foetus can also claim its rights. Again personhood is not a cogent criteria to solve the abortion controversy. When you kill bacteria, it is self defense and this is justifiable.

you cannot pick & choose when abortion is suitable. we either agree it is or not. murder is a crime anywhere in the world - people don't get to choose when it's right or wrong so make a stand.

Abortion is wrong, murder is wrong but we make allowances for murder in the case of self defense or war. These are all justifiable cases, but it doesn't change the fact that it is wrong to kill as well as it is wrong to commit abortion.
Re: Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) by jmoore(m): 10:43pm On Dec 06, 2014
Baby haram is the sister of Boko haram. Their mission? To kill the innocent.

Videos and Pictures of Babyharamites actions

1-http://clinicquotes.com/abortion-video-the-reality-of-choice/

2- http://www.abort73.com/videos/this_is_abortion/

3- http://www.silentscream.org/ [described by a former abortionist doctor]

Abortionist and terrorists are one.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Strictly Extroverts Whatsapp Group / The Secret Of A Happy Marriage And Home. / Am In Love With My Kid Brother, I Feel Like Raping Him, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.